Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 446 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do Atheists Hate Religion?  (Read 901256 times)
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:04:06 PM

Then when calamity hits this kind of person, and he is forced to believe something, he literally goes crazy, because he isn't familiar with believing. Then he commits suicide and doesn't exist any longer.

Just so you know, not that you will ever understand because your conditioning is so deeply ingrained into your psyche there is no other you that exists outside of the 'special' paranormal narrative you believe yourself to be living in, calamitous events are actually easier to cope with as an atheist because we understand that it is all cause-and-effect action/reaction which resulted in the calamitous event, not that some mythical super-being decided that day to fuck with us, you know, because he loves us so or is teaching us something or [insert arbitrary reasoning to excuse your god here].

BADecker, have you talked to many people who've committed suicide?  Taken a poll?
We should ignore his posts in addition to ignoring him. He's definitely a deluded person as we've concluded this earlier.
Why would anyone go crazy once he starts believing something? Wouldn't similar things apply to people who stop believing?

He is a little crazy about christianity.
Maybe he is the next leader of the christian version of ISIS? :O

lol

Yep, reading BADecker's posts is like...looking at a comedic, irrational, cartoon show. It seems like he's just trolling everyone, as I don't believe anyone on Earth can be that stupid.

Another atheist pushing himself/herself deeper into the atheism religion.

Smiley

Funny thing is that I'm not Atheist. But you...you're an idiot of the highest order. Are you just trolling people for fun here? You realize your posts are just...nonsense right...

Right back at you, buddy. You haven't even checked the definitions of the words. You simply blab.

Smiley

Definitions of the words? What? Why are you changing the topic? This is exactly the trollish behavior I'm talking about.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1368

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:10:11 PM

Then when calamity hits this kind of person, and he is forced to believe something, he literally goes crazy, because he isn't familiar with believing. Then he commits suicide and doesn't exist any longer.

Just so you know, not that you will ever understand because your conditioning is so deeply ingrained into your psyche there is no other you that exists outside of the 'special' paranormal narrative you believe yourself to be living in, calamitous events are actually easier to cope with as an atheist because we understand that it is all cause-and-effect action/reaction which resulted in the calamitous event, not that some mythical super-being decided that day to fuck with us, you know, because he loves us so or is teaching us something or [insert arbitrary reasoning to excuse your god here].

BADecker, have you talked to many people who've committed suicide?  Taken a poll?
We should ignore his posts in addition to ignoring him. He's definitely a deluded person as we've concluded this earlier.
Why would anyone go crazy once he starts believing something? Wouldn't similar things apply to people who stop believing?

lol

Yep, reading BADecker's posts is like...looking at a comedic, irrational, cartoon show. It seems like he's just trolling everyone, as I don't believe anyone on Earth can be that stupid.

Smiley

Funny thing is that I'm not Atheist. But you...you're an idiot of the highest order. Are you just trolling people for fun here? You realize your posts are just...nonsense right...

Right back at you, buddy. You haven't even checked the definitions of the words. You simply blab.

Smiley

Definitions of the words? What? Why are you changing the topic? This is exactly the trollish behavior I'm talking about.

Now why are you changing the subject to suggest that I am changing the subject?

The dictionary definitions of "atheist" and "atheism" and "religion" and "philosophy" show that atheism is a religion for those atheists who "fight" against the idea that atheism is a religion. The more hotly they get into fighting, the more they are expressing atheism as a religion, simply by doing their fight "religiously."

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:12:26 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

The dictionary definitions of "atheist" and "atheism" and "religion" and "philosophy" show that atheism is a religion for those atheists who "fight" against the idea that atheism is a religion. The more hotly they get into fighting, the more they are expressing atheism as a religion, simply by doing their fight "religiously."

Smiley

I said I wasn't Atheist so exactly why are you speaking of this with me? Furthermore, Atheism is lack of belief, and is Religion is a common believe in a set of things. Atheism cannot and is not a religion.

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:15:57 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

I said I wasn't Atheist so exactly why are you speaking of this with me? Furthermore, Atheism is lack of belief, and is Religion is a common believe in a set of things. Atheism cannot and is not a religion.

What's the matter? Squirming?

The dictionary definition of atheism says that it is a belief.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:20:19 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Definition of Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Definition of Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Atheism is not a religion, as shown by the definitions of each word. Lying only makes you look more pathetic BADecker.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:22:50 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Definition of Atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Definition of Religion: the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

Atheism is not a religion, as shown by the definitions of each word. Lying only makes you look more pathetic BADecker.

From http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/atheism?s=t:
atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun
1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:26:54 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Smiley

Ok, so I proved you wrong just now and here we go again.

Definition of religion according to dictionary.reference.com: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:

Definition of atheism according to dictionary.reference.com: the doctrine or belief that there is no God.
disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings.

Do you notice anything? Notice how a religion is made up by a set of beliefs concerning abstract and empirical things. Notice how Atheism is a single belief in the disbelief that there is no God. And that's two different deinitions, the first saying that's it's a single belief and the next saying it's a disbelief. Even if you go by the first, it still isn't a religion as the definition of a religion, is a set of beliefs. Do you understand?

So you've just proved me right again, it doesn't matter what dictionary you use. Two dictionaries we've looked at it and they show that Atheism is not a religion. Are you going to continue arguing? If so, I'll be done here as I don't want to waste time posting to trolls and idiots such as yourself who can't understand the definition of words in a dictionary.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:30:18 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Smiley

Definition of religion according to dictionary.reference.com: a set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, especially when considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of human affairs.
a specific fundamental set of beliefs and practices generally agreed upon by a number of persons or sects:

Definition of atheism according to dictionary.reference.com: the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

Do you notice anything? Notice how a religion is made up by a set of beliefs concerning abstract and empirical things. Notice how Atheism is a single belief in the disbelief that there is no God.

So you've just proved me right again, it doesn't matter what dictionary you use. Two dictionaries we've looked at it and they show that Atheism is not a religion. Are you going to continue arguing? If so, I'll be done here as I don't want to waste time posting to trolls and idiots such as yourself.

While it is true that the definition of the word "religion" is slightly ambiguous, look at the other definitions at the same source to see that religion perfectly fits atheism.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:33:25 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Smiley

Do you notice anything? Notice how a religion is made up by a set of beliefs concerning abstract and empirical things. Notice how Atheism is a single belief in the disbelief that there is no God.

So you've just proved me right again, it doesn't matter what dictionary you use. Two dictionaries we've looked at it and they show that Atheism is not a religion. Are you going to continue arguing? If so, I'll be done here as I don't want to waste time posting to trolls and idiots such as yourself.

While it is true that the definition of the word "religion" is slightly ambiguous, look at the other definitions at the same source to see that religion perfectly fits atheism.

Smiley

Wow, you're fucking retarded. Two dictionaries we've just looked at and they both show that Atheism is not a Religion. Even if you accept Atheism as a single belief in the disbelief of any deity, and Religion as a set of beliefs, Atheism still isn't a religion as to be a religion, it would have to have several beliefs concerning the nature of thing(It only has 1, and it's technically a lack of belief).

I'm not even Atheist, so please stop acting like a retarded troll and admit that you're wrong.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:40:09 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Smiley

Smiley

Wow, you're fucking retarded. Two dictionaries we've just looked at and they both show that Atheism is not a Religion. Even if you accept Atheism as a single belief in the disbelief of any deity, and Religion as a set of beliefs, Atheism still isn't a religion as to be a religion, it would have to have several beliefs concerning the nature of thing(It only has 1, and it's technically a lack of belief).

I'm not even Atheist, so please stop acting like a retarded troll and admit that you're wrong.

Thank you. I much appreciate the start of the character assassination. Those who do such are the ones who have lost the battle, and who are using their last resort - to make their opponent look bad in the only way left open to them - character assassination.

The definitions show that atheism is a religion no matter how much you don't like the idea. The only difference is that it (atheism) doesn't express itself to be a religion. In this way, atheists are essentially liars, especially when it is proven to their face that atheism is a religion, by the definitions.

Who cares if you are an atheist or not? You are the one attempting to make a defense for atheism. You are losing.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:43:10 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Smiley

Smiley

Thank you. I much appreciate the start of the character assassination. Those who do such are the ones who have lost the battle, and who are using their last resort - to make their opponent look bad in the only way left open to them - character assassination.

The definitions show that atheism is a religion no matter how much you don't like the idea. The only difference is that it (atheism) doesn't express itself to be a religion. In this way, atheists are essentially liars, especially when it is proven to their face that atheism is a religion, by the definitions.

Who cares if you are an atheist or not? You are the one attempting to make a defense for atheism. You are losing.

Smiley

I used the definitions and showed you that Atheism is not a religion. In both definitions it says that Atheism is the lack of belief, or disbelief in any god, while Religion is a set of beliefs concerning god and nature.

Therefore, it is impossible for Atheism to be a Religion. You trying to convince yourself of that really makes you look like a full fledged retard, I'm sorry to say.

Just quit this forum please for your christs sake, you're making Theists look bad.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:52:52 PM

lol

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

atheism
[ey-thee-iz-uh m]

noun

Smiley

Smiley

Smiley

I used the definitions and showed you that Atheism is not a religion. In both definitions it says that Atheism is the lack of belief, or disbelief in any god, while Religion is a set of beliefs concerning god and nature.

Therefore, it is impossible for Atheism to be a Religion. You trying to convince yourself of that really makes you look like a full fledged retard, I'm sorry to say.

Just quit this forum please for your christs sake, you're making Theists look bad.

Actually, just the opposite. I have shown you over and over from the definitions of the words that atheism is a religion. Yet you keep on claiming something against the definitions. Why do you want to hide the truth? Isn't about time that the atheists see for themselves what the truth is? And you want to hide it for some reason. And you aren't (by your own claim) even an atheist!

Now you are trying to say that I make theists look bad by showing the truth? Why are you trying to get me to hide the truth? What is your real agenda?

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 10:54:21 PM

Can a mod please perm ban BADecker for trolling. It's not funny and it's really annoying. I think it's pretty obvious by now, since he hasn't directly responded to any of the information I've said, yet continues to argue baseless "points". Trolls like that just subtract from this forum.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:03:23 PM

Can a mod please perm ban BADecker for trolling. It's not funny and it's really annoying. I think it's pretty obvious by now, since he hasn't directly responded to any of the information I've said, yet continues to argue baseless "points". Trolls like that just subtract from this forum.

Wow! You can't stop me from showing the truth. So now you want the mods to do it? And the funny part is, you aren't even one of those who is directly affected by the atheism question. What exactly is your real agenda?

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Wow! You can't stop me from showing the truth. So now you want the mods to do it? And the funny part is, you aren't even one of those who is directly affected by the atheism question. What exactly is your real agenda?

Smiley

I have already said for the 10millionth time. That in both definitions we looked at, they said Atheism is lack of belief/disbelief, and Religion is a set of beliefs.

How the fuck can Atheism be a religion if it doesn't have set of beliefs? I'm not Atheist, but sir, you're a fucking retard.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:27:09 PM

Smiley

I have already said for the 10millionth time. That in both definitions we looked at, they said Atheism is lack of belief/disbelief, and Religion is a set of beliefs.

How the fuck can Atheism be a religion if it doesn't have set of beliefs? I'm not Atheist, but sir, you're a fucking retard.

How does the definition not say belief: "1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God."

There you go again with the character assassinations. Read the definition.

Smiley

celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:31:19 PM

Smiley

How does the definition not say belief: "1. the doctrine or belief that there is no God."

Smiley

Why do you cherrypick definitions, because you left out the 2nd part, "2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings."? In other fields what you're doing would be scamming. Furthermore, the definition of Religion is a set of beliefs. Even if you believe Atheism has 1 belief(That is the disbelief of God(s)), it still cannot in any way, constitute as a Religion, as the definition of Religion is a set of beliefs.

If you can't understand that, then there is no hope for you.

Atheism is not a religion, as shown by the definitions of each word.

Do you notice anything? Notice how a religion is made up by a set of beliefs concerning abstract and empirical things. Notice how Atheism is a single belief in the disbelief that there is no God, therefore no matter how you look at it, Atheism is not and cannot be a religion.

BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:39:28 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Why do you cherrypick definitions, because you left out the 2nd part, "2. disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings."? In other fields what you're doing would be scamming. Furthermore, the definition of Religion is a set of beliefs. Even if you believe Atheism has 1 belief(That is the disbelief of God(s)), it still cannot in any way, constitute as a Religion, as the definition of Religion is a set of beliefs.

Do you notice anything? Notice how a religion is made up by a set of beliefs concerning abstract and empirical things. Notice how Atheism is a single belief in the disbelief that there is no God, therefore no matter how you look at it, Atheism is not and cannot be a religion.

Disbelief is exactly the thing that I am explaining about here. Disbelief has to do with lack of realization about something. Since I am showing the "something" here, there can be no more disbelief. Rather, there is agenda and obstinance.

Smiley

libertariankant

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:40:17 PM

I'm an atheist but don't necessarily hate religion. I think a lot of atheists characterize religion by its most ignorant believers--which isn't always unfair, religious adherents like the United States' contemporary Evangelical Christian community do exert influence over policy and other people's lives.

But I think religion is a much more complex, textured thing for many people. While religion is not objectively true, it does change people's lives because it alters the way they encounter other people and the world. And that change is not always negative (thought it certainly can be). It's just another way to develop meaning and craft a life-narrative in an inherently meaningless existence.  

Though the fact that religion is not objectively true can present problems for some people. But then again, are philosophy, progress, politics or myriad other things that imbue people's lives with meaning objectively true?
celestio

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 11:40:33 PM

Smiley

Smiley

Disbelief is exactly the thing that I am explaining about here. Disbelief has to do with lack of realization about something. since I am showing the "something" here, there can be no more disbelief. rather, there is agenda and obstinance.

Smiley

Are you stupid? Lack of something=nothing, therefore there cannot be "something here" for you to show. So exactly what are you talking about?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 446 »
  Print  

Jump to: