Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382134 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:16:27 AM

The decentralized repository is gaining momentum! more and more companies need with the provision of services with storage of data! the whole world goes to the information level, society begins to need data storage! especially became popular in decentralized storage! I'm sure that the company is waiting for success!
Im highly confident in SIA, I believe that it will be a top crypto in some years from now.
And when market recovers we will see Siacoin price move to higher levels.

Ah.but there is the catch....what crypto are you talking about? If they fork Siacoin and use the new forked Siacoin on their decentralized anonymous network cloud storage, at 10c to

Amazon Cloud's $1 price. As a comparison. Siacoin (non-fork) as it exists now MAY NOT be worth, anything, and this new fork does what you wish/claim will be the replacement coin.

Just saying, strange times, be aware.

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 01:18:23 AM

The decentralized repository is gaining momentum! more and more companies need with the provision of services with storage of data! the whole world goes to the information level, society begins to need data storage! especially became popular in decentralized storage! I'm sure that the company is waiting for success!
Im highly confident in SIA, I believe that it will be a top crypto in some years from now.

Ah.but there is the catch....what crypto are you talking about? If they fork Siacoin and use the new forked Siacoin on their decentralized anonymous network cloud storage, at 10c to

Amazon Cloud's $1 price. As a comparison. Siacoin (non-fork) as it exists now MAY NOT be worth, anything, and this new fork does what you wish/claim will be the replacement coin.

brad

spacecash is the ticket for now Wink lols

===>

https://hspace.app/space-cash

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
carlo_0000
Legendary

Activity: 1281
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:19:50 PM

brad

===>

i tested the space wallet  it's  better and faster than the sia
sia is gonna have some hard time if space team is good
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:06:24 AM

brad

===>

i tested the space wallet  it's  better and faster than the sia
sia is gonna have some hard time if space team is good

I'm assuming spacecash is a centralized (vs siacoin decentralized) coin and also does not due anonymous cloud storage?

ie...standard coin to be used for hard drive space storage....?

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
jameswell

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 01:32:00 AM

brad

===>

Since I have a couple of A3 and S11 Blake2b miner, I was worried when I heard that the Sia team would hard fork the Sia chain and make the non-obelisk ASIC miner not working. I was so disappointed when I heard that news. I bought the first, the second and the third batch of A3 and have been mining Siacoin since this January because I believe that the decentralized cloud storage project is promising.  I am glad to see another project - the space cash is coming out to compete with Sia and my A3 and S11 can work again in the future.
Arvydas77

Activity: 1092
Merit: 504

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2018, 04:53:41 PM

Ive been a Sia supporter since it was on the exchanges at 6sats..
I really think people like taek are trying to do the very best for this space. I don't know where or why the obelisk miners came into the scene, I see the justification is that they will help strengthen the network. this is why I decided to buy 2, and participate. But with all the time, VC funding and effort going into Sia. I think the best choices will be made in the end. I just hope not at the influence of their VC funders wanting a quick exit strategy.

So you think the price will rise again?

Why not man.. according to paranoid mental John mcaffee bitcoin will goto some astronomical price.. and as that support wavers it will be all dumped into alt coins.. Sia sits at a low amount of sats which means somebody can buy a truck full.. I shouldn't have sold at the price I did.. if I kept now I would have 300bitcoins when I brought at 6sats.

Thats gambling, not investing. Buying a coin because its cheap is no strategy, especially not with sia. Sure, its a good project with a very capable team, but they're bringing a solution to a problem is already being solved by other projects, who offer a lot more than just storage.

That is exactly my point of view. Sia was on bubble train in 2017 and made a lot of people rich just because of crypto craze. I'm not saying that sia isn't good, it is good project, but competition is growing everyday.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
kurko2017

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 05:07:50 PM

Please tell us which security system is used to store Sia? Is it always safe?
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 01:47:49 AM

I just need a big announcement to rebound. If you have read everything, the project has not started marketing now. The priority is to help the obelisk buyer for now and advance on plateform. You cannot make this kind of project in one month. When in vain will begin to approach the company and start is marketing.
StealthPay

Activity: 128

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 06:40:03 PM

StealthPay allows you to buy Sia with PayPal. Here are some easy steps to go:

1) Get a Stealth (XST) address on Bittrex.com
2) Go to www.stealthpay.com
3) Click on "Buy Stealth", fill in the relevant fields and click "Order Now".
4) In the "Payment Method" choose PayPal payment method.
5) Follow the displayed instructions.
6) After you receive your Stealth (XST), sell them on Bittrex against BTC.
7) Buy Sia.

StealthPay
CryptoClown1

Activity: 66

View Profile
August 21, 2018, 07:41:23 PM

I just need a big announcement to rebound. If you have read everything, the project has not started marketing now. The priority is to help the obelisk buyer for now and advance on plateform. You cannot make this kind of project in one month. When in vain will begin to approach the company and start is marketing.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT   there are plans for a Hard Fork and i am excited  Grin Grin Grin

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSbeNaLNsGfK-R3qYeRFvtMCd8phUbnv6SQwniXngu12j_GveSZAFmX4d_5FpHAz7mWQJQkZD1y6sl8/pub

Its a plan not sure yet but Hope it Will we are going to the Moon SIA
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2018, 10:33:52 AM

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT   there are plans for a Hard Fork and i am excited  Grin Grin Grin

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vSbeNaLNsGfK-R3qYeRFvtMCd8phUbnv6SQwniXngu12j_GveSZAFmX4d_5FpHAz7mWQJQkZD1y6sl8/pub

I don't know if this soft fork will be good or bad for SC, but I am sure that will be a milestone that will change the future for SC development and implementation

Only that can do at this point is to wish good luck to the devs

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
CryptoClown1

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:08:24 PM

I don't know if this soft fork will be good or bad for SC, but I am sure that will be a milestone that will change the future for SC development and implementation

It can be a soft or hard fork but a hard fork is more likely.

Good luck to the dev team we will stuck behind you.
SCAMcoinTalk

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 12:19:44 PM

Can someone give a quick rundown on what has happened?

They have persuaded you to buy some expensive ASIC miners they now want to scrap. Right?

Also, what is the link between CPU/GPU/ASIC mining and cloud storage they advertise?

Also, their block explorer is so tricky, I can understand nothing.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
August 22, 2018, 11:43:31 PM

From what I can gather you can hard fork the coin...I see no way you could then 'reverse' the hard fork later on or some other kind of gizmo..these forks would live on

regardless...better to just fork...be done with it and see how it goes.

Even with a fork and decentralized network anonymous and cloud storage at 10c to $1 Amazon Cloud prices, you still need to show it can be done. So far this has

NOT seemed to be the case in any format on whatever has been touched by these folk.

Also, WHERE IS THE PROMOTION, that they are gonna compete with Amazon Cloud, with anonymous and decentralized at the above-stated prices etc?

IF no one knows about this, damn hard to get market share from Amazon Cloud.

Fork or no fork this whole project is still a long shot (mostly from them shooting selves in the foot)

hope I'm wrong.

brad

big_daddy

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 07:42:48 AM

From what I can gather you can hard fork the coin...I see no way you could then 'reverse' the hard fork later on or some other kind of gizmo..these forks would live on

Even with a fork and decentralized network anonymous and cloud storage at 10c to $1 Amazon Cloud prices, you still need to show it can be done. So far this has

NOT seemed to be the case in any format on whatever has been touched by these folk.

Also, WHERE IS THE PROMOTION, that they are gonna compete with Amazon Cloud, with anonymous and decentralized at the above-stated prices etc?

Fork or no fork this whole project is still a long shot (mostly from them shooting selves in the foot)

hope I'm wrong.

brad

yes
we need the final product asap and a big marketing to spread the word

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Waitingforlightning

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

Securix: Next Generation Crypto Mining

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:15:11 AM

hope I'm wrong.

brad

yes

I also get why a fork might draw a lot of attention but whats it really going to matter if the product isnt finished and user friendly? Are there even real life cases of sia being used other than for speculation?

BtcMan2009

Activity: 1022
Merit: 340

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 11:29:47 AM

yes
I think that the final product of any project would like to see a lot of community cryptocurrency. But the truth is that we have to wait and hope for many years, and the results I think are known to all.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 12:46:16 PM

yes
I think that the final product of any project would like to see a lot of community cryptocurrency. But the truth is that we have to wait and hope for many years, and the results I think are known to all.

in the meantime the technology is changing and growing a lot, SIA has to put the final product on the market ASAP cause if we will wait "years" there will be nothing to do for this potentially great project

CryptoClown1

View Profile
August 25, 2018, 04:15:43 PM

yes

in the meantime the technology is changing and growing a lot, SIA has to put the final product on the market ASAP cause if we will wait "years" there will be nothing to do for this potentially great project

I think they must be do a hard fork so price will increase and problems can be solfed.

give me your toughts?  what will the price be if there comes a hard fork.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 04:21:09 PM

yes

I think they must be do a hard fork so price will increase and problems can be solfed.

give me your toughts?  what will the price be if there comes a hard fork.

A hardfork will eliminate the asic miner dumpers but will generate for sure new dumpers, cause the obelisks are also consuming a lot of W per hour
But in total there will be less miners, it can go up, but lower than those prices we are seeing will not go

Pages: « 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 [453] 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: