Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 02:20:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:59:22 PM

May i know where does the traffice come from? By the way just registered here is my detail Account ref: 914E24F9F776

Currently the traffic is coming from a small set of publishers - but we will very soon be opening this up so that anyone can become a publisher and earn advertising revenue.

0.01 BTC credited, thanks Smiley

Do you have an ETA on opening? I'd love to join as a publisher.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 12:24:18 AM

Hi all,

NEW PUBLISHERS NOW WELCOME!!!

Just to let you know that we have now released the Publisher portal for Mellow Ads.
Once you register (or sign in if you have already registered) then you are now able to add your web site(s) and create ad space(s) that will show network advertising (CPM campaigns coming soon!)
I have updated the initial post of this thread with more details - but if you have any questions then please don't hesitate to ask Smiley

Baztado @ Mellow Ads

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
naturelle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:03:49 AM

I created an ad spot and see this, is there something I need to do in order to verify that?

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:25:28 AM

I created an ad spot and see this, is there something I need to do in order to verify that?

No, we will verify this manually.
Its not really important at the moment as we only have network advertising. But will be more useful when CPM campaigns come along (soon!) and then advertisers can be confident that they are advertising in an ad space that it positioned prominently (or not).

Thanks for creating the ad space! Let us know if you have any issues

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
naturelle

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:32:12 AM

Sounds great, am I still able to earn while it's network advertising only?
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 01:49:45 AM

Of course, you will get a share of network advertiser pool depending on the number of unique views your ad space gets each day.
At the end of each day (UTC) this is calculated and credited to your account automatically.
The pool is quite small at the moment so we can't guarantee a large income until this increases but it is going up every day Smiley

naturelle

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 01:52:11 AM

Of course, you will get a share of network advertiser pool depending on the number of unique views your ad space gets each day.
At the end of each day (UTC) this is calculated and credited to your account automatically.
The pool is quite small at the moment so we can't guarantee a large income until this increases but it is going up every day Smiley

Awesome well thank you for answering those questions for me, I look forward on using mellow ads for a long time, by the way the interface is beautiful
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:04:16 AM

So it's kind of like A-Ads right now, only based on uniques per site instead of uniques network-wide, correct?

And is the CPM addition later something that advertisers can opt in to or not do? i.e., will the network-wide ads still be available, just with the added benefit of being able to choose specific sites?

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 02:13:24 AM

So it's kind of like A-Ads right now, only based on uniques per site instead of uniques network-wide, correct?

And is the CPM addition later something that advertisers can opt in to or not do? i.e., will the network-wide ads still be available, just with the added benefit of being able to choose specific sites?

Similar to A-Ads yes. But one difference is as you say, that we add up the unique views that you get independently of other ad spaces in the network. We felt this was a fairer way of doing it, as the A-ads way seems to penalize you for something that is totally out of your control, i.e. "non-unique" views from people who have viewed other web sites in the network.

Yes CPM campaigns will be completely up to the advertiser. Some might want to just go with the network campaigns as these will likely be cheaper - but with CPM campaigns they will be able to target ad spaces on sites that are relevant to their advert, and have their ad space in a prominent position (so that it will actually get a good CTR!)

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 02:54:03 AM

Similar to A-Ads yes. But one difference is as you say, that we add up the unique views that you get independently of other ad spaces in the network. We felt this was a fairer way of doing it, as the A-ads way seems to penalize you for something that is totally out of your control, i.e. "non-unique" views from people who have viewed other web sites in the network.

Yes CPM campaigns will be completely up to the advertiser. Some might want to just go with the network campaigns as these will likely be cheaper - but with CPM campaigns they will be able to target ad spaces on sites that are relevant to their advert, and have their ad space in a prominent position (so that it will actually get a good CTR!)

Perfect! I'm looking forward to this from both an advertiser and publisher side, Smiley.

joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:13:06 AM

Nice, Publisher is now available.
I just added 3 ads on my faucet site http://btc.re/faucet
I hope everything works well.
Cheers Smiley

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:32:51 AM

I just added my site as well :-) buywithbtc.biz

I cannot seem to find the rates? Is this PPV or PPC?

I'm probably looking at the wrong place tough

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 06:56:00 AM

I just added my site as well :-) buywithbtc.biz

I cannot seem to find the rates? Is this PPV or PPC?

I'm probably looking at the wrong place tough

I believe it takes all the income and divides it by the sites per unique view. So there is no real "rate," per se. It all just depends on income/views.

altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:06:34 AM

I believe it takes all the income and divides it by the sites per unique view. So there is no real "rate," per se. It all just depends on income/views.

Sounds fair :-). Altough it might be a nifty feature to divide the sites into groups, i doubt the traffic from a faucet will be the same quality as the traffic from within the paying member area of a sales site, or the expert forum of bitcoin developers :-)

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 07:15:51 AM

Sounds fair :-). Altough it might be a nifty feature to divide the sites into groups, i doubt the traffic from a faucet will be the same quality as the traffic from within the paying member area of a sales site, or the expert forum of bitcoin developers :-)

I completely agree, and that's a great point. At least a separation into high- and low-quality sites would help I think. On faucets, people ignore ads. On content-heavy sites, they are much more apt to click them.

adbtc.info

Activity: 266

Cheap and easy advertising

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 08:20:05 AM

Great news, we will try the publish side now. But if we both publish and advertise, can we restrict our own ads to not show in our own adspaces?

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:14:44 AM

I completely agree, and that's a great point. At least a separation into high- and low-quality sites would help I think. On faucets, people ignore ads. On content-heavy sites, they are much more apt to click them.

The problem with what you are suggesting is that it is quite subjective - the "quality" of traffic really depends on what is being advertised. I expect there will be a lot of advertisers who will be very happy to have their ads on faucets etc.
I think it will all make a lot more sense when we have CPM campaigns available (and CPC too) as then advertisers can directly target what they regard as quality traffic. Network ads will then work as a kind of backfill, which ensures continuous lower level revenue for publishers who are not selling all of their impressions in CPM/CPC campaigns. The market will then essentially decide which sites are higher "quality" and can charge higher CPM rates

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:16:23 AM

Great news, we will try the publish side now. But if we both publish and advertise, can we restrict our own ads to not show in our own adspaces?

Sorry, there isn't any way to restrict this currently. We will have a look at it though, and see if there's a simple way this can be done.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2015, 09:22:21 AM

The problem with what you are suggesting is that it is quite subjective - the "quality" of traffic really depends on what is being advertised. I expect there will be a lot of advertisers who will be very happy to have their ads on faucets etc.
I think it will all make a lot more sense when we have CPM campaigns available (and CPC too) as then advertisers can directly target what they regard as quality traffic. Network ads will then work as a kind of backfill, which ensures continuous lower level revenue for publishers who are not selling all of their impressions in CPM/CPC campaigns. The market will then essentially decide which sites are higher "quality" and can charge higher CPM rates

Also, I'd like to try to manage peoples expectations a little bit for the current network advertising. The network advertising pool is still quite small (currently around 0.06 BTC per day) which means that the daily earnings for publishers will be small too until this pool grows. With the diversity of new publishers coming on board now, I can only see this attracting more advertisers - which will mean more revenue of course Smiley

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2015, 09:25:35 AM

Sorry, there isn't any way to restrict this currently. We will have a look at it though, and see if there's a simple way this can be done.

If the ad is tied to their publisher account, just make it to where AdvertiserID!=xyz. Pseudocode, of course. I find this pretty important as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: