Bitcoin Forum
October 15, 2024, 07:09:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82549 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 11:52:46 PM

Tried that and also a different browser and still the same issue

clear your cache and try again! Smiley

I did and still same issue, even tried on my mobile for the first time and same issue

Weird problem. I've still not run into this, regardless of platform. Have you tried clicking around to see if it's on every page or just a specific one?

Ya it's very strange and only happens for the dashboard all other pages are loading fine

Ps. I think admin disabled my account for some reason?? I created a new account and dashboard loads up fine Huh
baztardo care to explain what is going on?

Even more odd. If the account was disabled, it would have disabled all pages, not just one specific page. I think what's happening is there's a cached page hitting you (like account-bound) that isn't updating. I actually have a similar issue with another site -- for over a year now, I've been unable to get out of a perpetual loading screen on it with any browser that's in normal mode. I have to go to incognito mode, then log in to get it to work. And that's even across other systems as well.

Try going into incognito and logging in and see what happens.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
naturelle

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 11:55:36 PM

Even more odd. If the account was disabled, it would have disabled all pages, not just one specific page. I think what's happening is there's a cached page hitting you (like account-bound) that isn't updating. I actually have a similar issue with another site -- for over a year now, I've been unable to get out of a perpetual loading screen on it with any browser that's in normal mode. I have to go to incognito mode, then log in to get it to work. And that's even across other systems as well.

Try going into incognito and logging in and see what happens.

Let me try that now and report back
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 11:56:37 PM

I did and still same issue, even tried on my mobile for the first time and same issue

Weird problem. I've still not run into this, regardless of platform. Have you tried clicking around to see if it's on every page or just a specific one?

Ya it's very strange and only happens for the dashboard all other pages are loading fine

Ps. I think admin disabled my account for some reason?? I created a new account and dashboard loads up fine Huh

Please can you try it again now.
There was an edge-case bug at our end that seemed to be only affecting your particular account - should be fixed now Smiley

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
naturelle

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 11:57:34 PM

There was an edge-case bug at our end that seemed to be only affecting your particular account - should be fixed now Smiley

Working beautifully now, please delete my previous post
I was worried because I love this service so far
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:06:55 AM

If you wouldn't mind, can you please give a quick tl;dr as to what the issue was? I'm having this same exact problem with another service and they are ignoring it because they apparently can't figure out what it is.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2015, 12:12:08 AM

If you wouldn't mind, can you please give a quick tl;dr as to what the issue was? I'm having this same exact problem with another service and they are ignoring it because they apparently can't figure out what it is.

Sure, but I very much doubt it is the same problem.
One of the database queries we use to build the dashboard had a bug in it which meant it failed under a certain scenario. The scenario being if you had previously created one or more adverts and then deleted them all. Naturelle's was the only account that had done this, so that's why only their dashboard was failing.

Nothing to do with caching or browser etc, but they are the first things I though about and checked too!

Thanks for your help, and apologies for this.

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 12:27:38 AM

Sure, but I very much doubt it is the same problem.
One of the database queries we use to build the dashboard had a bug in it which meant it failed under a certain scenario. The scenario being if you had previously created one or more adverts and then deleted them all. Naturelle's was the only account that had done this, so that's why only their dashboard was failing.

Nothing to do with caching or browser etc, but they are the first things I though about and checked too!

Thanks for your help, and apologies for this.

Ugh, so irritating, lol. Actually surprised you thought about looking at the queries -- I'd assume they would be the same for everyone. And yeah, it probably is something different under the circumstances. The other site in question migrated to a new company/site, and after that is when it became inaccessible for me. As long as I log in using "Incognito" (FF or Chrome) it works fine. Just won't work on ANY device if I'm not in that mode. They haven't found anyone else with the same issue, lol.

winbits.us

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:58:02 AM

Ok here goes Smiley

At the end of each day we calculate...
A total unique views provided by each ad space that day
B total unique views for all the ad spaces - so the sum of A for all ad spaces
C total paid into the network pool by advertisers that day multiplied by 90% (the other 10% is the Mellow Ads fee)

Then the amount we will pay to each ad space is (A ÷ B) × C

Example
As a very simplified example say there are just 2 ad spaces...

Alpha: gets 1000 unique views
Beta: gets 500 unique views

So B = 1000 + 500 = 1500

And say that 0.1 BTC was paid in to the network pool by advertisers, then C = 0.1 × 90% = 0.09 BTC

Then at the end of the day...

Alpha is paid (1000 ÷ 1500) × 0.09 = 0.06 BTC
Beta is paid (500 ÷ 1500) × 0.09 = 0.03 BTC
(And Mellow Ads retains 0.01 BTC)

I have some question here,
is only traffic that counted and click doesn't count?
how if I got many clicks?
minimum balance for payout?
I love this service, so let me know the answer quickly.. Smiley

Are you blind? Everything has been answered or it's on the website.
Marco is just an idiot, because he pays signature spammers like you.
naturelle

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:02:16 PM

I am excited for CPC because one of my ads is getting almost 300 clicks daily
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:06:59 PM

My understanding is you'll have to choose which campaign type you want to do (CPM or CPC). And keep in mind that the click rate is HIGHLY dependent upon the advertiser themselves (which is why I personally hate CPM -- I can't control what ad they are using, and that's the biggest determinant as to whether or not people will visit).

naturelle

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:10:57 PM

My understanding is you'll have to choose which campaign type you want to do (CPM or CPC). And keep in mind that the click rate is HIGHLY dependent upon the advertiser themselves (which is why I personally hate CPM -- I can't control what ad they are using, and that's the biggest determinant as to whether or not people will visit).

My plan is to split test each for about a week and see which earns me more Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 10:17:14 PM

My plan is to split test each for about a week and see which earns me more Smiley

It might be more efficient to have it swap between the two on every view. From week to week, traffic patterns will change. On a view-for-view comparison, though, you will get a much more accurate representation.

naturelle

View Profile
June 28, 2015, 11:49:43 PM

Any idea when CPC will be available?
devoresyah

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 12:40:56 AM

Excusme,

Im a new publisher in Mellow Ads, i have some question...
1. How long reward of click landing to main balance
2. Reward per click
3. Minimum Balance For Withdraw

Please answer, thanks Smiley
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 01:54:29 AM

Excusme,

Im a new publisher in Mellow Ads, i have some question...
1. How long reward of click landing to main balance
2. Reward per click
3. Minimum Balance For Withdraw

Please answer, thanks Smiley

1) It's paid every day at midnight server time (UTC, I believe). It's 7 PM CST, 8 PM EST, etc.

2) It's not CPC so $0

3) 0.001 BTC (it has a fee of 0.0001 BTC)

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:01:13 AM

Running into a new issue with the site. When I try to log in, I get hit with this:

"Unexpected system error - please retry, or contact us at support@mellowads.com if this problem persists."

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 03:08:10 AM

Running into a new issue with the site. When I try to log in, I get hit with this:

"Unexpected system error - please retry, or contact us at support@mellowads.com if this problem persists."

Sorry should be ok again now, we had some server issues which have now been resolved.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:09:50 AM

Sorry should be ok again now, we had some server issues which have now been resolved.

All is well now. Thanks, Smiley.

naturelle

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 03:10:12 AM

Any idea when CPM/CPC is coming? also any plans for a referral system?
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 07:40:26 AM

Are these stats correct?

I enabled a campaign with and add for buywithbtc.biz, with the Advert title = "Buy with Btc.biz" and the Advert text = "Hot places to spend your BTC and ALTs".

Within about an hour, my add was apperantly shown 4340 times to 3824 unique visitors, not a single click tough...

This sounds strange to me. Most of the addspots are located on faucets, so i'm advertising a place to buy stuff with the BTC they're claiming on the faucets. I would have guessed i would do a little better than the 1:250 i'm seeing on the network page, but i defenately wouldn't have guessed i would do a lot worse...

I know, it's all statistics, but still 0 clicks with 4340 views sounds wrong to me...

Maybe i should change my add text, but it's just strange to me. I've actually seen better CTR's on adult tube traffic.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: