Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 09:28:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82498 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ragi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 11:45:21 AM

If I do not have anyone advertising on my spots, and run the pool ads do I get paid for clicks on them?

edit: Keep the good work!

no.
method1

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 11:46:56 AM

Why when I want to start network campaign my Estimated daily performance is only 1000 unique views and 17 unique clicks for 0,001 BTC, but I earn only 0,0005 BTC for 2000 unique views and ~60 clicks as publisher?!?!?! It Looks like service comission is 75%  Undecided
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:52:10 AM

Hello I'm a publisher and had a question about unique CPMs.. For an example, here is one of my adspaces: https://mellowads.com/networkspace/5DE2769D6DC6

When an advertiser buys CPM from me, what constitutes as a unique view? Does it mean unique view for that particular ad showing, or unique view for my entire site?

For instance, for one day, I have 596,811 views but only 10,462 unique views. If there were 2 advertisers who bought from my CPM campaign, do they each get the 10,462 unique views, or do they have to share the 10,462 unique views?

This is really important to me, because as a publisher it doesn't seem like such a great deal... I would have to charge really high for my CPM to keep up with only 10k unique views. Even more if those unique views are shared amongst the advertisers (unique for my site view vs unique for their ad view)

Hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

It's "unique view for that particular ad showing" - i.e. each CPM campaign runs until it has reached the specified number of unique views of the advert.

So in your example, say if 2 advertisers run CPM campaigns simultaneously for 10,000 unique views. The adverts will be rotated in the ad space (each will show with a random 50% chance). The unique views for each campaign are counted (independently of the other campaign) until the counter reaches 10,000 and then the campaign stops. And the other campaign will now be shown exclusively (100% of the time) until its counter reaches 10,000 too.
Hope that makes sense!

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 11:59:22 AM

Baztardo with the new CPC campaign is there a guarantee that it will not be abuse by bot? I would not want to set a CPC campaign only to be abuse by bots. I know it will be hard to prevent bot abuse but how good is your system in detecting the bots?
Bot's can't fake more than one unique click/view from their ip, that's the power of unique cpc/cpm.

If it is only from IP check then I can easily pass that by using hola to change my IP each time after I click on that. I already know this, Im just want to ask baztardo about this because he said that he will prevent the abuse to get the best possible result for people
I'm sure they have other ways of detection obviously, ignoring tor's holas proxies and all kind of fake stuff. But yes let them explain it once more Smiley

We will never be able to guarantee that 100% of your clicks and views are genuine - but we have some very strong detection systems built which are monitoring this, and we are improving them all the time. I can assure you that we take this very seriously - as it affects not only advertisers, but other publishers (who lose out on network pool share) and ourselves (as it negatively affects our reputation with advertisers)
Believe me, we are banning publishers every day who have are providing fake traffic based on this. In fact this is becoming a bit time consuming on our behalf which is one of the reasons that we will shortly be bringing in stricter controls on which publishers/sites will be accepted.

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 12:01:25 PM

What if I set my CPC rate to 1 BTC per click? Why is it even here? Cheesy

If I set it to 1 BTC I will not get 1 BTC, obviously, so how does this new system work? Please, we need more info..
I believe it's up to you whatever rate you set. You can even set 1BTC. Advertiser will off course have to pay that much to get his ad started. It's not a problem for Mellowads.

Exactly, you can set whatever rates you like and the market will decide if any advertisers decide to start campaigns in your ad spaces.
But I would suggest that if you set it to 1 BTC then you won't get much interest Wink

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 12:02:28 PM

If I do not have anyone advertising on my spots, and run the pool ads do I get paid for clicks on them?

edit: Keep the good work!

You don't get paid for clicks - only your share of the unique views, as before.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 12:49:32 PM

Why when I want to start network campaign my Estimated daily performance is only 1000 unique views and 17 unique clicks for 0,001 BTC, but I earn only 0,0005 BTC for 2000 unique views and ~60 clicks as publisher?!?!?! It Looks like service comission is 75%  Undecided

There are too many variables to make this direct comparison.
Firstly clicks are irrelevant to network campaigns so we can ignore those numbers as they don't affect the BTC amounts in any way.
Also the network is changing all the time - publishers coming and going, network campaigns starting and ending - so its very hard to compare revenue your received previously to what you would be paying as an advertiser in the future.

However I will try to give a super simplified example so that you can hopefully see why it looks unbalanced. Here comes the maths Cool

Say there is BTC0.3 in the pool at the moment, and say there are 3 ad spaces in the network (AS1, AS2 and AS3), each providing 1000 unique views per day, so...

AS1 provides 1000 unique views
AS2 provides 1000 unique views
AS3 provides 1000 unique views

As each is providing 33.3% of the total, they will each receive 33.3% of the pool (minus the 10% Mellow Ads fee), so...

AS1 receives 33.3% of (90% of BTC0.3) = BTC0.09
AS2 receives 33.3% of (90% of BTC0.3) = BTC0.09
AS3 receives 33.3% of (90% of BTC0.3) = BTC0.09
(Mellow Ads retains 10% of BTC0.3 = BTC0.03)

However, and this is very important, there may be overlap between the unique views of AS1, AS2, AS3. So in reality the whole network is really only providing say 2000 unique views per day (not 3000 as you might think at first) because for example, the same person views both AS1 and AS2.

Now a new advertiser comes along (lets call him X) and wants to start a network campaign for BTC0.2 per day. This would increase the network pool from BTC0.3 to BTC0.5 which means that X will get approximately 40% of the unique views (0.2 divided by 0.5), so...

X is estimated to get 40% of 2000 unique views = 800 unique views

Therefore...

X is paying BTC0.2 for 800 unique views = BTC0.00025 per unique view
AS1,AS2,AS3 are each getting BTC0.15 for providing 1000 unique views = BTC0.00015 per unique view

Which looks unbalanced in the same way that your example does - but hopefully by working through this example you can see why!
The imbalance is caused by 2 things...
1) the unique views overlap between the ad spaces.
2) the increase in the network pool amount due to the new advertiser

Hope this makes sense, and helps in some way!

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:29:30 PM

Please consider adding that "You ad here" feature so users have a link to buy at our websites.
Nyau

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:32:09 PM

Please consider adding that "You ad here" feature so users have a link to buy at our websites.

But add it as a dropdown from the Mellowads icon in the right corner of every ad like BeeAds and A-ads used to do.
method1

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:32:32 PM

Hope this makes sense, and helps in some way!

it's clearly now, just unique views for advertiser and publisher are different things

adbtc.info

Activity: 266

Cheap and easy advertising

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 01:42:32 PM

But add it as a dropdown from the Mellowads icon in the right corner of every ad like BeeAds and A-ads used to do.
This seems to be the most urgent now, as currently the link just redirects to the root page of mellowads.com

Also as a suggestion for here - http://mellowads.com/networkspaces - you might put a filter for the adspaces that currently have a campaign on them (cpc/cpm). Right now I can't find any adspace with a campaign which would be helpful for picking real prices.

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:48:08 PM

Baztardo with the new CPC campaign is there a guarantee that it will not be abuse by bot? I would not want to set a CPC campaign only to be abuse by bots. I know it will be hard to prevent bot abuse but how good is your system in detecting the bots?

We will never be able to guarantee that 100% of your clicks and views are genuine - but we have some very strong detection systems built which are monitoring this, and we are improving them all the time. I can assure you that we take this very seriously - as it affects not only advertisers, but other publishers (who lose out on network pool share) and ourselves (as it negatively affects our reputation with advertisers)
Believe me, we are banning publishers every day who have are providing fake traffic based on this. In fact this is becoming a bit time consuming on our behalf which is one of the reasons that we will shortly be bringing in stricter controls on which publishers/sites will be accepted.

How genuine can you guarantee the clicks are ? more than 60 % ? because if the genuine percentage of the clicks i not very high then many people will just use the normal advertise because it is cheaper than the cpc campaign
ragi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 01:54:32 PM

Sorting does not work ok if I want the cheapest, because it shows the empty ones. I have to shift to page 17 and even that is not easy.

I also have a problem signing in with Firefox. I enter everything and it says you need to enter password to sign in. On Chrome everything is fine.

no.
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 02:52:08 PM

Now, the CPM/CPC campaign buttons will only show if the ad space has been enabled for these campaign types. Also, you can now sort the list by the CPM and CPC rates Smiley

How we can do this ? 

For example : I want to sort ad spaces for CPC between 0.0001 and 0.0003

How can I do that ?

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:08:21 AM

At the moment there is nowhere for this to link to as all the pages are behind the login.
One of the next features we will be working on is to provide website/ad space information publicly (outside the login), along with a quick and easy way for advertisers to but CPM/CPC advertising without having to explicitly register/desposit first. Once this is all working then we will add in the "Advertise here" (customizable) link to this public area for your site/ad spaces.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:11:46 AM

This seems to be the most urgent now, as currently the link just redirects to the root page of mellowads.com

Also as a suggestion for here - http://mellowads.com/networkspaces - you might put a filter for the adspaces that currently have a campaign on them (cpc/cpm). Right now I can't find any adspace with a campaign which would be helpful for picking real prices.

I'm not really sure what you mean by "picking real prices"? The CPM/CPC rates are visible and sortable now on the network space list - this list page already has a lot of information showing so we don't want to add more stuff there that might just be clutter for most users.
If you can tell me what you are trying to do, then I might be able to come up with some other way of achieving it Smiley

jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 09:16:46 AM

Hello there. May I know how is the public earning feature coming along? Also, may you kindly enable 160x90 advertisement slot?

Hello there. Please look at the quoted post. I think you missed it.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:18:36 AM

How genuine can you guarantee the clicks are ? more than 60 % ? because if the genuine percentage of the clicks i not very high then many people will just use the normal advertise because it is cheaper than the cpc campaign

That's impossible to answer. We aim for 100% but scammers will always keep trying different ways to work around it, so what I am saying is that we can't guarantee that every view/click is genuine.
I can tell you that our automatic detection currently discards around 5% of views/clicks - from Tor IPs, from publishers viewing/clicking their own ads, etc. And then we have daily reports that we currently have to manually check which usually leads to us retrospectively banning some accounts/websites that send fake traffic or are trying to cheat the system in some way - so they don't get paid.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:22:01 AM

Now, the CPM/CPC campaign buttons will only show if the ad space has been enabled for these campaign types. Also, you can now sort the list by the CPM and CPC rates Smiley

How we can do this ? 

For example : I want to sort ad spaces for CPC between 0.0001 and 0.0003

How can I do that ?

You can sort by CPM/CPC by clicking on the column header in the list (same as for all other columns).
What you are asking for though is to be able to filter the list on a range. I've added this to our backlog but I can't see it being a priority feature as this is fairly easy to do already by just sorting the list and scanning down.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 09:25:04 AM

Sorting does not work ok if I want the cheapest, because it shows the empty ones. I have to shift to page 17 and even that is not easy.

I also have a problem signing in with Firefox. I enter everything and it says you need to enter password to sign in. On Chrome everything is fine.

We've changed the CPM/CPC sorting a little bit so it should work the way you are wanting now

We can't reproduce the Firefox problem, it all works fine for us here. Can you send me a screenshot or some more information about exactly what you are seeing?
(Either post here, or send me a PM or email to support@mellowads.com)

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: