Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:40:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82504 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 08:07:17 PM

It would be sweet if you had CPC network ads by default instead of waiting for someone to purchase the CPC slot, any plans to add this?
We had this exact same functionality but noone ever used it. Yes we were small (only 0.5 million views network), but still it was a great value/efficiency. Let's hope we see Mellowads implement it too as it's a very powerful type of campaign, with their size you can get your campaign finished in minutes and this format will probably become very popular one day.

I totally agree and it's discouraging waiting and waiting for people to rent your CPC/CPM space when instead CPC network ads would be a lot more useful

I actually like it how it is. The issue with CPC from a publisher perspective is that if you're not doing anything shady, you, as the publisher, have no control over whether or not a user clicks on an ad. A perfect ad on a bad website will get clicks. A bad ad on a perfect website won't. Essentially, what you're asking for is to completely remove the publisher's control over quality (where CPM is based on the publisher's ability to obtain and retain visitors), and instead base both the value AND the control on the advertiser. There's a reason why none of the top networks use a CPC model -- because no publisher with self-worth would ever join them.
You seem to be talking about CPC in general, not about network CPC campaigns. They don't force anyone to click on an ad, as you said a bad ad won't get much clicks anyway and a good ad will. Network CPC just allow you to advertise based on CPC at more sites at the same time, without having to create a separate campaign for each of them. And when you say top networks which do you mean? Adsense wouldn't be what they are if they didn't use CPC.

I don't know of any major site that uses AdSense. They're only useful up until you get exclusive invites, after which your earnings there are little to nothing. i.e., AdSense will never match the $80-120 CPM ($80-120 per 1000 VIEWS, so if a person viewed 500 pages, that's $40-60) you can get with a real network.

And I think I get what you're talking about now. You don't mean forcing everyone to take part, or making it the default, but rather pooling all CPC-enabled sites together (much like the network-wide ads work). I can see that working for those that want it, but I don't think it should be a default.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:34:26 PM

Hello

I will need this service soon
I registered an account but not get the actv mail
Can you check please?
Thank you.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 10:37:36 PM

Hello

Can you check please?
Thank you.

Make sure to check your spam mail. A lot of the time, that's what the issue stems from.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:23:48 AM

I just realize the withdrawal fee are 50.000 satoshis..
Any plan to lower the fees?

I believe this is in response to the blockchain attacks (which are basically forcing people to pay more in fees to get transactions through). So until that lays off, I think we're stuck with it how it is.

This is correct. We have been advised by our provider (block.io) that due to the recent blockchain attacks we are recommended to pay a transaction fee of 0.0005 BTC to ensure high priority, i.e. quick confirmation. Anything less than this and there are likely to be delays in the withdrawal.
We will of course reduce this back down, if and when it is advised that this is ok.

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 12:30:14 AM

I believe this is in response to the blockchain attacks (which are basically forcing people to pay more in fees to get transactions through). So until that lays off, I think we're stuck with it how it is.

This is correct. We have been advised by our provider (block.io) that due to the recent blockchain attacks we are recommended to pay a transaction fee of 0.0005 BTC to ensure high priority, i.e. quick confirmation. Anything less than this and there are likely to be delays in the withdrawal.
We will of course reduce this back down, if and when it is advised that this is ok.

Would it be possible to set a variable fee and let the user choose? This may help as a better option. That way those that aren't in a hurry can pay the 0.0001, and those that need it now can go with 0.0005+.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:31:48 AM

Still waiting for option to add "You ad here" link on my website.

You can always just manually add it. Below the ad code, add:

<center><a href="yourURLhere">Your ad here!</a></center>

There's no need for them to add the functionality when you can do it yourself, :p.
Yea, but for an unregistered user on mellowads this is pointless right now. Everything is behind login page.

Exactly. We will be adding this functionality (and it will be easily customizable) once we have the public ad space pages done. We are working on this at the moment, which is why you are seeing changes being made to those pages. Initially however, you will still need to register/login to be able to start a campaign - but in the next development cycle we hope to add the ability to start campaigns without pre-registering - so it will be a lot quicker/simpler for new advertisers to come on board.

Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:41:38 AM

Hello

Can you check please?
Thank you.

Please let me know the email address that you registered with then I can check this out - either send me a PM or email us at support@mellowads.com

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:50:31 AM

Would it be possible to set a variable fee and let the user choose? This may help as a better option. That way those that aren't in a hurry can pay the 0.0001, and those that need it now can go with 0.0005+.

This is on our development to do list, but is fairly low down on the priorities at the moment.

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:05:40 AM

@ can you tell me please why your sistem tell me that I have 6709 unique views and Analytics tell me 24000 ?

Let me know your website or ad space ref and I will look at it

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 01:44:06 AM

This is on our development to do list, but is fairly low down on the priorities at the moment.

Completely understand -- it's good to know it's on the list, though!

CPC-wise, have you considered doing it like another person had asked earlier (pooling all CPC-enabled spaces together like you do for network ads, rather than making each advertiser choose specific slots)?

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 04:11:36 AM

Still waiting for option to add "You ad here" link on my website.

You can always just manually add it. Below the ad code, add:

<center><a href="yourURLhere">Your ad here!</a></center>

There's no need for them to add the functionality when you can do it yourself, :p.
Yea, but for an unregistered user on mellowads this is pointless right now. Everything is behind login page.

Exactly. We will be adding this functionality (and it will be easily customizable) once we have the public ad space pages done. We are working on this at the moment, which is why you are seeing changes being made to those pages. Initially however, you will still need to register/login to be able to start a campaign - but in the next development cycle we hope to add the ability to start campaigns without pre-registering - so it will be a lot quicker/simpler for new advertisers to come on board.

This is now available on the system Smiley

1) Advertisers can now browse the network ad spaces list without being signed in first (but for now they won't be able to start a campaign, until they register/sign in)
2) You can now add a link to your ad space page. Go to Publish > My ad spaces on the menu at the top and then Get HTML Code for each of your ad spaces and you will now see an option to add a link to the code.

MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 04:47:07 AM

Hello

Can you check please?
Thank you.

Please let me know the email address that you registered with then I can check this out - either send me a PM or email us at support@mellowads.com

Hello

I receive the confirm
What can I say!?
I really love how the site look
I will use it soon with my new project.

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 06:50:29 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 07:25:22 AM by superiorus

@ can you tell me please why your sistem tell me that I have 6709 unique views and Analytics tell me 24000 ?

https://mellowads.com/networkspace/A8318635DDF5

Also if I click on some of my ads space  (just to test it) I get this message : "Mellow Ads error!"
Examples :   http://mellowads.com/click/4CB4C36F4E63/180667106  , http://mellowads.com/click/6F284B0EDEBD/180667120 , http://mellowads.com/click/2A31D1E331EA/180667108

baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:14:37 PM

Also if I click on some of my ads space  (just to test it) I get this message : "Mellow Ads error!"
Examples :   http://mellowads.com/click/4CB4C36F4E63/180667106  , http://mellowads.com/click/6F284B0EDEBD/180667120 , http://mellowads.com/click/2A31D1E331EA/180667108

Ok I've done quite a bit of digging around here and found the following...

1) For your unique views vs Google Analytics.
I can't see any problem here - the figures that are showing at https://mellowads.com/networkspace/A8318635DDF5 are accurate (in that they represent the correct counts that we have for this ad space). You have a very small % of invalid views - less than 2% which is more than acceptable, so this is isn't having any significant effect.

Are you sure that you are comparing the correct figures in Analytics? Don't forget that our figures are for unique views per day - and that we have our own algorithms for determining unique-ness, which are probably slightly different to what Analytics uses.

However taking yesterday (2015-07-22) for example you had a total of 8,763 unique views. Your Alexa rank is 37,288 - so we can use that as a rough guide to compare against other sites...

- 777bitco.in has a similar Alexa rank of 38,790 - as you can see from http://mellowads.com/networkspace/9521E5F4C671 they had a total of 7.892 unique views yesterday.
- www.robotcoingame.com has Alexa rank 25,270 - see at http://mellowads.com/networkspace/5DE2769D6DC6 they has a total of 11,894 unique views yesterday.
- bitcoinzebra.com has Alexa rank 12,141 -  see at http://mellowads.com/networkspace/7671CF1A2EBE they had a total of 27,120 unique views yesterday.

So I think it is safe to say that your figures seem fairly consistent when compared in this way - against other similar quality faucet sites. And you would have to be up with much higher Alexa rank to be expecting the 24,000 unique views per day that you are saying that Analytics is reporting.

2) This was a small bug that was caused during the updates we made today. Because you "viewed" the advert yourself, this is marked as an invalid view (so isnt counted towards your stats). The bug was that it then errors when you click on it. We have fixed this now - but it would only have happened because it was an invalid view.

Hope this helps!

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:24:44 PM

It appears that viewing any ad space or the ad listing brings up an 'Unexpected system error', along with the bottom panel on an ad space perpetually stuck on 'Loading...'.
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 12:37:29 PM

It appears that viewing any ad space or the ad listing brings up an 'Unexpected system error', along with the bottom panel on an ad space perpetually stuck on 'Loading...'.

Its working fine at my end, what browser/os versions are you using?

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:04:38 PM

Apologies, it turns out that it was AdBlock causing the problem. Perhaps adding a warning about AdBlock breaking the site slightly could help.
baztardo (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 01:17:12 PM

Apologies, it turns out that it was AdBlock causing the problem. Perhaps adding a warning about AdBlock breaking the site slightly could help.

Ok thanks for letting us know.
Not sure why this is causing a problem - I'm testing it using the Chrome Ad Block Plus extension and Mellow Ads works without any problems.

Can you tell me which ad block app you are using and which browser then I can check it out Smiley

minifrij
Legendary

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:00:20 PM

Ok thanks for letting us know.
Not sure why this is causing a problem - I'm testing it using the Chrome Ad Block Plus extension and Mellow Ads works without any problems.

Can you tell me which ad block app you are using and which browser then I can check it out Smiley
I'm currently using the AdGuard extension for Mozilla Firefox 39.0. I am also using the Disconnect extension, though I receive the same results when disabling it. Once disabling both the error no longer appears and the bottom panel displays as expected.
superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2015, 02:38:35 PM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 02:59:45 PM by superiorus

Ok I've done quite a bit of digging around here and found the following...

1) For your unique views vs Google Analytics.
I can't see any problem here - the figures that are showing at https://mellowads.com/networkspace/A8318635DDF5 are accurate (in that they represent the correct counts that we have for this ad space). You have a very small % of invalid views - less than 2% which is more than acceptable, so this is isn't having any significant effect.

Are you sure that you are comparing the correct figures in Analytics? Don't forget that our figures are for unique views per day - and that we have our own algorithms for determining unique-ness, which are probably slightly different to what Analytics uses.

However taking yesterday (2015-07-22) for example you had a total of 8,763 unique views. Your Alexa rank is 37,288 - so we can use that as a rough guide to compare against other sites...

- 777bitco.in has a similar Alexa rank of 38,790 - as you can see from http://mellowads.com/networkspace/9521E5F4C671 they had a total of 7.892 unique views yesterday.
- www.robotcoingame.com has Alexa rank 25,270 - see at http://mellowads.com/networkspace/5DE2769D6DC6 they has a total of 11,894 unique views yesterday.
- bitcoinzebra.com has Alexa rank 12,141 -  see at http://mellowads.com/networkspace/7671CF1A2EBE they had a total of 27,120 unique views yesterday.

So I think it is safe to say that your figures seem fairly consistent when compared in this way - against other similar quality faucet sites. And you would have to be up with much higher Alexa rank to be expecting the 24,000 unique views per day that you are saying that Analytics is reporting.

So you say that Google Analitycs is not accurate ? Smiley
I have other statistics also : http://prntscr.com/7w2mgi
This show 31.720 unique views for yestraday (same as Analytics) and your stats show only 8763
The banner is on the first page, so the users must open the first page (they can't claim without go and insert their BTC address on the first page)
It is over  3 x difference ...
How do you count the unique views ?  By IP?  cookies?
Also : no offence : you know that Alexa is a shit ... (I can make a promo campaign today and Alexa will update in 2 weeks..)

When I write this reply my adspace (https://mellowads.com/networkspace/A8318635DDF5) has the highest number of clicks from all the newtwork : 142 unique clicks,  and only 6,721 unique views (counted by your system)  and 20000 counted by my system.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: