Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:10:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Mellow Ads - simple, bitcoin advertising. Network/CPM/CPC. Free faucet!  (Read 82504 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tiCeR

Activity: 1764
Merit: 755

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 12:58:42 PM

This page has a beautiful design Smiley. Just registered and looking into it a bit more! Good work, keep it up
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:59:41 PM

Do publishers make more if they have most traffic coming from tier 1 countries? or does it just simply matter on UI and country is not counted?

It's split evenly based on # of views, so country tiering doesn't play a role. Though I do think it'd be nice to be able to start a campaign for just a specific country.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 09:11:42 PM

Network pool is just over 2.2BTC... very nice!

superiorus
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

Bitcoiner since start, and continue to love it!

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 01:50:30 PM

I like it , it is no.2  (after Adsense) on my revenue list.

Too bad that they have some server problems and the website is down frequently ...

Brad Harrison

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:57:04 PM

Too bad that they have some server problems and the website is down frequently ...

They do need better hosting, website is down a lot and it slows the ads down as well, they load so slow

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:29:26 AM

They do need better hosting, website is down a lot and it slows the ads down as well, they load so slow

And... that's a bad issue. Load time affects bounce rates of users. The longer it takes a page to fully load, the bigger the chance of them leaving.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 08:10:30 AM

And... that's a bad issue. Load time affects bounce rates of users. The longer it takes a page to fully load, the bigger the chance of them leaving.

When a serious adveretiser see the website is down (even for a few minutes) 2-3 times per day , they run away ...
Beside that the publishers lose money ...(the ads don't show, the website is not loading, users go away)
We can see the results:  from over 2BTC network poll now is 0.6BTC

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:25:53 PM

When a serious adveretiser see the website is down (even for a few minutes) 2-3 times per day , they run away ...
Beside that the publishers lose money ...(the ads don't show, the website is not loading, users go away)
We can see the results:  from over 2BTC network poll now is 0.6BTC

I'm wondering if ads here are done using async... that would at least help with the slow loading issue on user websites (since their viewers can still see their sites with no problem). Doesn't help earnings/ad views, but it's a start.

superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 08:57:36 AM

Unexpected system error - please retry, or contact us at support@mellowads.com if this problem persists.

The service is unavailable.

Guys (@baztardo): Please buy a decent server wich will allow you to run a decent service!
Our websites are fucked up because your ads not loading ...
Take an example from CoinAd  - quality advertisers, speed, always online.

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 09:11:27 AM

the problem with all the "The service is unavailable." is that we have no income and if we pay our members we not only earn nothing but we have lost...
if we pay less...members will come less...etc...etc...

Brad Harrison

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:56:18 AM

Unexpected system error - please retry, or contact us at support@mellowads.com if this problem persists.

The service is unavailable.

Guys (@baztardo): Please buy a decent server wich will allow you to run a decent service!
Our websites are fucked up because your ads not loading ...
Take an example from CoinAd  - quality advertisers, speed, always online.

He obviously doesn't care, we have complained before and he has done nothing about it

baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 12:22:18 PM

Ok guys, this is starting to get a little bit tiresome and to be honest irritating, so I want to try to balance things up a bit...

Since Mellow Ads has been online (nearly 4 months) we have had a total of 6 occasions when our system has been down/offline.
3 of those times were due to a neccesary server reboot, which we obviously try to keep to an absolute minimum.
The other times were unexpected down time - the latest of which was last week when we were off for around 40 minutes.
We are still trying to get to the bottom of this and are working with Cloudflare on this as we believe there was some sort of DOS attack.
However this 40 minutes downtime was the longest we have so far experienced.
For a brand new service which is growing rapidly, we believe that overall this is a fairly reasonable level of service - but we do accept that any sort of downtime causes a fair bit of inconvenience for our publishers and looks bad for advertisers - and we are therefore working hard to keep it to an absolute minimum.

Having said all that I just want to emphasize that we pride ourselves on our ads loading as fast, and usually faster than most other ad networks. Please visit any of our publisher sites and see for yourselves - you should see our ads loads very quickly relative to the other networks (Adsense, Adbit, Coinad etc)
With regard to the async issue raised by ranlo above - our ad placement is done via an IFRAME tag, and the code is very simple and very similar to that used by AdBit, CoinAd and other networks. IFRAMEs load in parallel to the page, so they DO NOT impact the speed that the publishers page renders. If Mellow Ads was down or slow (for whathever reason) then the only issue would be if the publisher deliberately has some script that waits for any ad IFRAMEs to finish before allowing the page to be used.
If this is the case then it would also affect any other networks that use the same ad loading technique - and the publisher should probably look into changing this.

And now the good news!! On all our key measures the service is improving week on week, and month on month.
The *average* network pool amount has risen quite a lot over the last few weeks - over 150%.
Yes, occasionally this amount will drop - sometimes quite suddenly by a large amount. Simply, this happens when a large network campaign ends.
I would like to suggest that we don't just throw our hands in the air and hastily complain to this thread when this happens - by its very nature this amount cannot always be going up  - it has to go down sometimes too. Currently its back up to 1.74 BTC which isn't its highest level but was unheard of just a couple of weeks ago when it was hovering around 0.3 btc. And we have new advertisers coming on board every day Smiley
Similarly the number of CPC and CPM are steadily increasing.
And on the other side of the equation the total number of views provided by our publishers smashed past 14 million yesterday, which is our best days figures so far.

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 05:45:59 PM

Since Mellow Ads has been online (nearly 4 months) we have had a total of 6 occasions when our system has been down/offline.

Sorry to disagree with you, but the problems with your website are more frequent. (maybe you don't know about that...)
Today I've tried more than 30 minutes to create a new ad space, and  the website does not load and displays the message "The service is unavailable"
I did not say that to offend you, I like Mellow Ads, I use it, and I want to be allways online.

The good part is that the network pool was increased!

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 06:13:32 PM

I have been using it for one month or so and I like it. It is awesome and payment is quite good. However, I am sorry that free websites (blogger) are no longer allowed.

But keep the good work!

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:40:27 PM

Ok guys, this is starting to get a little bit tiresome and to be honest irritating, so I want to try to balance things up a bit...

3 of those times were due to a neccesary server reboot, which we obviously try to keep to an absolute minimum.
The other times were unexpected down time - the latest of which was last week when we were off for around 40 minutes.
We are still trying to get to the bottom of this and are working with Cloudflare on this as we believe there was some sort of DOS attack.
However this 40 minutes downtime was the longest we have so far experienced.
For a brand new service which is growing rapidly, we believe that overall this is a fairly reasonable level of service - but we do accept that any sort of downtime causes a fair bit of inconvenience for our publishers and looks bad for advertisers - and we are therefore working hard to keep it to an absolute minimum.

Having said all that I just want to emphasize that we pride ourselves on our ads loading as fast, and usually faster than most other ad networks. Please visit any of our publisher sites and see for yourselves - you should see our ads loads very quickly relative to the other networks (Adsense, Adbit, Coinad etc)
With regard to the async issue raised by ranlo above - our ad placement is done via an IFRAME tag, and the code is very simple and very similar to that used by AdBit, CoinAd and other networks. IFRAMEs load in parallel to the page, so they DO NOT impact the speed that the publishers page renders. If Mellow Ads was down or slow (for whathever reason) then the only issue would be if the publisher deliberately has some script that waits for any ad IFRAMEs to finish before allowing the page to be used.
If this is the case then it would also affect any other networks that use the same ad loading technique - and the publisher should probably look into changing this.

And now the good news!! On all our key measures the service is improving week on week, and month on month.
The *average* network pool amount has risen quite a lot over the last few weeks - over 150%.
Yes, occasionally this amount will drop - sometimes quite suddenly by a large amount. Simply, this happens when a large network campaign ends.
I would like to suggest that we don't just throw our hands in the air and hastily complain to this thread when this happens - by its very nature this amount cannot always be going up  - it has to go down sometimes too. Currently its back up to 1.74 BTC which isn't its highest level but was unheard of just a couple of weeks ago when it was hovering around 0.3 btc. And we have new advertisers coming on board every day Smiley
Similarly the number of CPC and CPM are steadily increasing.
And on the other side of the equation the total number of views provided by our publishers smashed past 14 million yesterday, which is our best days figures so far.

Any chance you can create a chart sometime with a daily or weekly log of BTC pool and views, just to see progression/trend?

freedoge.co

Activity: 909
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:12:52 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 11:55:42 PM by freedoge.co

hi, i'm with mellow ads since the beginning, when for a very low price one could get heavy traffic, now it's not such easy what is good for you Smiley and i'm happy to see the natural progress of this ad network. I like your straight-forward attitude.

please consider few improvements
- mask website link (you will get more advertisers with referral links)
- limit the number of paid banners from 5 to 3 or less (5 banners from one ad network per website is non-sense)
- allow start/stop network campaign or allow hourly network campaigns

Smiley

thefaucetrunner

Activity: 714

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 12:05:21 AM

My experience with MellowAds has been largely positive! The interface is really intuitive (although I would really like to see some daily income stats, rather than individual payments from specific blocks. Seeing both this block info and overall data for the day would be great!) Apart from that little criticism, I will stick with the service for the foreseeable future.

It would be interesting to see whether MellowAds could benefit from bid-per-day being added? Perhaps not.

I did notice some downtime today and logins took longer than usual, but apart from that things have been fairly smooth for the few months I've been with the service!

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
BitcoinCleanUp.com

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
#EndTheFUD

██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████
superiorus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 08:18:49 AM

Hi

No payments for our ad spaces today?

Also all spaces show 0 views ?

adbtc.info

Activity: 266

Cheap and easy advertising

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 10:24:14 AM

Hi

Yes, please we are waiting for more information about this...

AdBTC.info - Bitcoin advertising network - you set the price, or just advertise for free!
baztardo (OP)

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 10:39:46 AM

Hi

Yes, please we are waiting for more information about this...

Our automated process that updates the stats and does the daily payments has hit a few problems. We are looking at this now and should hopefully have it fixed soon Smiley

Mellow Ads - Simple, bitcoin advertising
Get your advert seen by a huge audience - we served over 6.7 billion ad impressions in the last 30 days!
mellowads.com | support@mellowads.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 »
  Print  

Jump to: