Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 05:49:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What's your opinion of gun control?  (Read 450415 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:53:58 PM

TGIF: Real Common Sense on Gun Control

Here's how to judge the pragmatic case for gun control: if the pro-control lobby managed to have each of its favorite restrictions enacted, could we as individuals be more casual about our safety than we are today? The answer clearly is no. So what's the point of the restrictions beyond letting their advocates feel good about themselves?

A false sense of security is worse than no sense of security at all.

Mass shooters have obtained their guns legally, having had no disqualifiers in their records; used guns legally obtained by someone else; or obtained them despite existing laws. Therefore, the controls most commonly called for would not have prevented those massacres. In the latest massacre, the shooter had a disqualifier — a less-than-honorable discharge from the Air Force after a year in the brig for domestic abuse — but the Air Force failed to report that disqualifier to the FBI and so it never got into the database that was checked when the shooter bought guns from licensed dealers. New controls, such expanded background checks, would not have prevented the shooting because the Air Force was already required to report the shooter's conviction to the FBI. Even a ban on rifles with certain features, misleadingly called "assault weapons," would not have prevented the shooting because equally powerful rifles would have been available

Thus the victims of the latest shooter, like the victims of the previous mass shootings, would have been no safer under the sought-after gun-control regime than they were at the time they were murdered.

But this is not the end of the story. Even if those shooters had been unable to obtain their guns as they did, it does not follow that they would have been prevented from committing their monstrous offenses. How many times must it be pointed out that someone who is bent on murder is not likely to be deterred by legal restrictions on the purchase of guns? The gun-control advocates pretend that legal methods are the only way to obtain firearms, but we know that is not true. People have always been able to obtain guns through illegal channels. Gun-running — firearms smuggling and trafficking — is probably as old as the earliest gun restrictions. Guns can be stolen and sold. (There are 300 million of them.) Guns can be made in garages. Guns will eventually be made routinely on 3D printers. Supply responds to demand. Black markets thrive whenever products are prohibited.

But the black market — by definition — is already illegal. So what are gun-controllers to do, make the black market doubly illegal? I don't think that's a solution.

Read more and click the links at https://www.libertarianinstitute.org/daily-featured-articles/tgif-real-common-sense-gun-control/.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 03:59:46 PM

It is necessary to make a lot of restrictions on people who are eligible for a weapon, if you have to allow it. It is also worth recalling the punishment of negligent storage of weapons, carrying weapons in a state of intoxication, increasing the minimum age for buying traumatic guns and a ban on the purchase of weapons violators of public order.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 1373

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 04:03:08 PM

It is necessary to make a lot of restrictions on people who are eligible for a weapon, if you have to allow it. It is also worth recalling the punishment of negligent storage of weapons, carrying weapons in a state of intoxication, increasing the minimum age for buying traumatic guns and a ban on the purchase of weapons violators of public order.

Regulation doesn't work for anything except to make people slaves of crooks and government.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
binting

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:08:10 PM

IMO, people should be given the choice whether whey want to own a fire-arm or not. In places like Texas, where home invasions are very common, the possession of a fire-arm can save many lives. However, the government should make it impossible for people with a criminal record, and those with mental issues from obtaining fire-arms.
gun ... when a person has a gun he was becoming arrogant especially when he was drunk or intoxicated ... this gun is not a weapon because it is dangerous ... when it blow and when it hit someone may die soon.
binting

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 10, 2017, 06:18:26 PM

IMO, people should be given the choice whether whey want to own a fire-arm or not. In places like Texas, where home invasions are very common, the possession of a fire-arm can save many lives. However, the government should make it impossible for people with a criminal record, and those with mental issues from obtaining fire-arms.
gun ... when a person has a gun he was becoming arrogant especially when he was drunk or intoxicated ... this gun is not a weapon because it is dangerous ... when it blow and when it hit someone may die soon.
beautiful as have gun control because less violence as men without mercy as killed. Those proud if its drunk. Because sometimes when shooting a man they do this fear in people. Because I know that as a gunman who simply fear
spooneds1

Activity: 195
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:51:22 AM

I like about gun control because it can reduce violence and crime because most people who has a gun act like they are the superior to us, who think they can mess with any people

abnoy

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:20:07 AM

in my opinion on gun control i think its not stop the crime even have a gun control i prefer gun banned

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:31:07 AM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

Owning a gun is one thing, i mean i want to have a collection of guns. Like one of those antique hand guns. But as i say that owning a gun ok but being a responsible owner is different. I think gun regulation should focus more on the psychological profile of the would be owner. Not just guns, but we should also regulate the ammos used. If you're a collector then you won't need ammos. The number of ammos when registering is counted. With the danger potential of guns, strict regulation must be enforced

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
Cordillera

Activity: 154
Merit: 16

John 3:16/John 14:6

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:57:38 AM

Some countries are allowed civilians to purchased guns. Guns/firearms are necessarily as weapons to defense our-self from enemy or to the protect us from threat, from crimes; (Rapes and so on). Gun/ Firearms is not a protection to those who are irresponsible, because mostly of the owners used guns to kill, to threaten, to commit crimes;(Hold-up, Carnap, kidnap and so on..) but those responsible owners, most especially those who love collecting guns are maybe I can say it is alright to own. Guns most especially in history plays a big role, guns leads some countries to free from invaders.   
burong1

Activity: 238

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 11:54:54 AM

I believe that guns only use for self protection but they should not use it in bad things . Gun control can save many lives ..

staywoke081

Activity: 211

Santa Coin

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 05:50:46 PM

Guns should be illegal in all countries unless you are a personnel who has been trained to use them. This way we save many lives more than probably would get lost in actual gun violence.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 08:33:46 PM

Guns should be illegal in all countries unless you are a personnel who has been trained to use them. This way we save many lives more than probably would get lost in actual gun violence.

As a vet I can tell you that the 'training' involves mostly how to indoctrinate a human to perform the act of killing another human.  It is not natural for most Americans, and probably for few if any other groups of humans.  Even drone pilots who kill from half way around the world in a 'video game' environment often have trouble with it.

This human frailty is mitigated by choosing psychopaths to perform certain jobs now, and in the future will be even less of an issue.  'The system' can do it all from targeting analytics to actual control of the equipment.  Much easier to find psychopathic code monkeys than trigger squeezers, and one only need a handful of them.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 11, 2017, 09:07:27 PM

If Guns are illegal, Criminals are going to get access to the guns which the government has made it illegal for the law abiding citizens to have in their possession. The best and smart way for gun control is that everyone is vetted fully before they are allowed to get a gun and that they should Crack down on the sales of guns to criminals.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
jankekek

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:19:23 AM

I think it is our right to be allowed to have guns. I don't think they should take our guns away I think that would be a very bad idea. The main point is a killer will get access to a gun or something that causes harm no matter what.
Babebottle

Activity: 112

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 09:27:15 AM

I think the Gov should set a department to check the gun holders spirit status every year.
Yooshijin

Activity: 138

Powering Real Economy in the gaming world

View Profile WWW
November 12, 2017, 10:14:01 AM

Gun control is necessary to have a peaceful society. Without gun control, many lives will be taken with unnecessary reasons. For me, we should have gun control because without law saying, a gun can be in anyone's hands. If there are no boundaries to who can have a gun , anyone and everyone is put at risk.

──────⟩   PLAYGAME   ⟨──────
WhitepaperPowering real economy in the gaming worldOnepager
Telegram ENG / IND GroupChannel ⟩──● MediumTwitterYouTube
Abbexe

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 11:49:16 AM

Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent. Taking guns away from violent people will not make them less violent. It might make them more violent. Violent people can use anything to be violent. Taking guns away from violent people is no more than just taking one out of a thousand more ways to hurt, rob, or kill you.

Also, gun control will not work because we already had something like it a few times and each time it has failed. Remember the Prohibition? From 1919 till 1933 owning, producing, and selling alcohol was illegal. Some people believed that alcohol was a bad thing and that it caused people to do terrible things. To these people it seemed like a good idea at the time to make alcohol illegal.
Oxyartes

Activity: 179

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:49:41 AM

Gun control is necessary to have a peaceful society. Without gun control, many lives will be taken with unnecessary reasons. For me, we should have gun control because without law saying, a gun can be in anyone's hands. If there are no boundaries to who can have a gun , anyone and everyone is put at risk.

And you think the government doesn't use the guns against the People??
wideshut

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 12:12:00 PM

I think that gun control is a must!
Moreover, I think all guns should be destroyed.
Same as all other weapons  Angry
Haveyouseenthisgirl

Activity: 70

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 01:47:42 PM

Guns are made for one purpose, and that purpose is to kill.
I believe that guns are not weapons, they are tools. How they are used is up to the person holding it.
Guns are especially dangerous in the hands of people who don't know how to use them (i.e., kids and teenagers) as well as those who are mentally ill and/or have a temper problem.
Gun control will not stop violence because a violent person doesn’t need a gun to be violent.
After the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, support for gun control increased dramatically.

Generally in America, the support for gun control has outweighed the support for gun rights.
Are gun control laws constitutional?
What would be your ideal set of laws regarding firearms?

first i believe that guns are not weapon, they are tools how they are used up to the person holding it guns themeselves cant do anything it is the person with the gun that decides where the bullet goes.
Pages: « 1 ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 [165] 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 »
  Print  

Jump to: