Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 12:18:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204914 times)
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 03:20:30 AM

Well the last borrower I had that was still paying has gone missing. I have one payment remaining on my own loan and then I'm wiping all traces of btcjam from my systems, this has been an expensive lesson in currency volatility and still people seem to be funding unsecured loans. Roll Eyes

Stop with your FUD, I only fund unsecured loans cause I can assume risk, and I interview and actually talk to the people and research. So goodbye little kid, and let the big boys make make there money.

You must be dumb as a rock. The site admin just acknowledged a HUGE problem when he demonstrated a global drop in repayments of 1.4% over less than two weeks. Who's spreading FUD? Roll Eyes

There are posters on several threads that acknowledge they've defaulted because they cannot afford to buy the coins to repay. Please follow these simple directions.

1) Think
2) Speak

When you reverse these steps stupid stuff comes out.

So Yeah I am clearly the dumb one, yet I don't have an expensive loan cause I thought bitcoin didn't have any volatility. Plus I didn't spread FUD, 1.4% of unpaid loans in a small community doesn't mean anything. Stop with your armchair lending and let the big whales take over for now Wink

All yours sir egomaniac. Smiley You can have the entire site.

There are some dietary supplements that can help with that whale problem btw.

filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:31:40 PM

Well from all the loans I've funded, it is now upto 13 missed payments on loans from 14 possible. This is just getting worse. I have a loan on btcjam, and paid back the first installment early and will do on all the rest, but kind of makes me pissed, that I'm the only one who is trying to pay back a loan.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 12:45:38 PM

Well from all the loans I've funded, it is now upto 13 missed payments on loans from 14 possible. This is just getting worse. I have a loan on btcjam, and paid back the first installment early and will do on all the rest, but kind of makes me pissed, that I'm the only one who is trying to pay back a loan.

Phil

Kinda hoping that now that Bitcoin has been hit with Gox2 The Redux we'll see some of the defaulters buying coins and repaying their defaulted loans. That'd put a thin sugar coating on the sh1t sandwich the Goxtards have served everyone.

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 12:47:29 PM

Phil
Yes, even all the "good" loans have all gone "bad", there are no good loans anymore.  However, some of these folks that are late did themselves a big favor by being late and can now repay at a much better price so I expect some of the late payments should start coming in.  I hope.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
sal002

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 01:42:40 PM

and paid back the first installment early

Did it impact your payments at all and interest rate calcs) by paying it back early?  I may have missed an option on my loan set-up, but my loan calcs interest the same regardless of when the payments are made.
filharvey

Activity: 866
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 09:17:13 PM

and paid back the first installment early

Did it impact your payments at all and interest rate calcs) by paying it back early?  I may have missed an option on my loan set-up, but my loan calcs interest the same regardless of when the payments are made.

Nope payments are still the same for all the other dates.

Phil

▄█▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▄▄
           ▄█▀ ▄▄█▀▀   ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄
          ▀▀  ▀▀          ▀▀█▄█▀
    ▄▄▀  ▄█▀▀                    ▄   ▄▄
  ▄█▀▄▄█▀           ▄▄           ▀▀█▄ ▀█
 ▄▀ █▀     ▄▄██▄▄   ██   ▄▄██▄▄      █▄ █
 █ ▀█   ▄▄█▀▀   ▀██▄▄█▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀██▄▄   █ █
 █     █▀ ▄▄█▀▀█▄▄ ▀██▀  ▄██▀█▄▄ ▀▀█  █ █
 █  ▄  █ ██▀ ▄▄▄ ▀█ ██ █▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀██ █  █ █
 █ ██  ▀ ██ █▀▀▀█▄▄ ▀█ ▄▄█▀▀▀▀█ ██ ▀  █ █
   ██    █▀ ▄▄█▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█    ▀ █
   ██    ▄▄██▀ ▄▄█▄ ██  █▄▄ ▀▀██▄▄      █
 █ ██    ▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄███▄ ▀▀██▄▄ ▀       █
 █  █      ▀▀▀ ▄██▀▀▄█ ▀██▄▄ ▀▀       █ █
 █  █         ▀▀▀   ██    ▀▀▀         █ █
 ▀█ ▀▄▄             ██              ▄█ ▄█
  ▀█▄ ▀▀▄▄          ██          ▄▄█▀ ▄█▀
     ▀█▄▄▀▀▀        ██       ▄▄ ▀▄▄█▀▀
        ▀▀█▄   ▄▄        ▄▄█▀▀   ▀
            ▀█▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▀▀ ▄█▀
               ▀▀█▄▄▀▀ ▄▄█▀

E M I R E X
─── إمركس ───

...Whitepaper...

The Infrastructure for the
New Digital Economy

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
████████▀           ████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████            █████████
█████████  ██████████████████▀
████████▄           ████████
▀█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀██████▀▀▀

E M R X

─ Token ─

...LEARN MORE...

...Register...
[/cen
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2013, 09:33:29 PM

I suspect BTCJam will have a collectability issue if it keeps referring to interest, unless it states there is a pre-payment penalty or that interest is really a fee and not interest.  I believe on other Peer loan platforms, early payments decreases the actual interest that accrues (as it should since less principle is outstanding over time).
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 12:31:38 PM

@ BTCjam, I have lost all future payment in my account overview and I am not owed anything more from anyone, It says I have no outstanding debt, Or any markers on the calender past 20th April, I hope this is a bug, Please write back to me A.S.A.P. Thank you.
Tulkas (OP)

Activity: 352

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 01:05:50 PM

@ BTCjam, I have lost all future payment in my account overview and I am not owed anything more from anyone, It says I have no outstanding debt, Or any markers on the calender past 20th April, I hope this is a bug, Please write back to me A.S.A.P. Thank you.

PM sent.

BTCJAM - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending
https://btcjam.com
squall1066
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 03:06:44 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2013, 04:00:15 PM by squall1066

PM sent.

Looks like a hack attempt from a new feature, I have posted elsewhere on the forum for people to check their accounts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=175701.0

I urge Talkas to either do e-mail verification or 2PA.

We are working together to get these sales reverted, as yet I cant see anything, I will update.

EDIT - Update, Everything has been moved back, I shall rotate my passwords more often now, He said he is implementing a 2PA soon, outlook good! Thanks.
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 04:21:37 PM

PM sent.

Looks like a hack attempt from a new feature, I have posted elsewhere on the forum for people to check their accounts.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=175701.0

I urge Talkas to either do e-mail verification or 2PA.

We are working together to get these sales reverted, as yet I cant see anything, I will update.

EDIT - Update, Everything has been moved back, I shall rotate my passwords more often now, He said he is implementing a 2PA soon, outlook good! Thanks.

Just to make things clear, BTCJam was not hacked!
The user had his password compromised.

We will add two factor authentication soon, but remember to take good care of your passwords!

Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3078

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2013, 07:02:35 PM

Tulkas - please do not allow users to delete loan requests and have the page redirect to a 404.

This allows scammers to hide their tracks by deleting old loans that do not fund.

I believe you should keep the loan details up, but just mark the loan as "closed" or "deleted".

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Smoovious

Activity: 504

Scattering my bits around the net since 1980

View Profile
April 13, 2013, 08:14:51 PM

Tulkas - please do not allow users to delete loan requests and have the page redirect to a 404.

This allows scammers to hide their tracks by deleting old loans that do not fund.

I believe you should keep the loan details up, but just mark the loan as "closed" or "deleted".
perhaps "delisted" would be a better tag

-- Smoov
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 01:52:34 PM

I suspect BTCJam will have a collectability issue if it keeps referring to interest, unless it states there is a pre-payment penalty or that interest is really a fee and not interest.  I believe on other Peer loan platforms, early payments decreases the actual interest that accrues (as it should since less principle is outstanding over time).

Yeah, you can't really call it interest at that point, since you can't really charge that amount if you are not owed it.
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 05:47:13 PM

Yeah, you can't really call it interest at that point, since you can't really charge that amount if you are not owed it.

I appreciate all the changes BTCJam, but if they want to move into the real world of collections, transparency is going to be the key.  The incorrect interest calcs, plus the inability to see what payments were made and when as well as the impact on principal and interest is a HUGE problem for this site.  I may sound like a broken record, but in the meantime BTCJam is opening itself up a large potential issue that can EASILY be avoided thru transparency.
Tulkas (OP)

Founder, BTCJAM

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 10:11:06 PM

I appreciate all the changes BTCJam, but if they want to move into the real world of collections, transparency is going to be the key.  The incorrect interest calcs, plus the inability to see what payments were made and when as well as the impact on principal and interest is a HUGE problem for this site.  I may sound like a broken record, but in the meantime BTCJam is opening itself up a large potential issue that can EASILY be avoided thru transparency.

We are totally transparent, the interest calc is correct, the only issue is that you want to discount the interest rate in case of early payments and we do not do that.

We can implement that feature, some institutions do not allow early payments, others charge a penalty because it lowers the roi of investors and some allow it, it's really a matter of choice. You can submit this feature request at our uservoice feedback widget, perhaps we can make this optional and let the borrower choose, since it will affect investor returns.

sal002

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2013, 10:40:09 PM

Maybe I am missing where the functionality is that allows me to see the payments I have made, the interest portion of that payment and the portion allocated to principal.  Your system physically allows early payments so perhaps you want to disable that until the calculated interest is adjusted accordingly. 

As I have mentioned before, it is not an interest rate discount, but a calculation that takes into account the time value of money. Easiest example is this - 1.00 with a interest rate of 10% per day.  If I pay you in full on day 1, I will pay owe $1.10 (and owe nothing more).  If I pay you on day 2, I will owe you $1.21.  Same interest rate, but waiting longer allows the interest to accrue.  On day 1, the principal paid back is $1.00 and interest is $0.10.  On day 2, the interest went up to $0.21 (assuming daily compounding).  In other words, earlier payments decrease the accumulation of interest even though the rate stays the same. BTCJam does not account for this nor does it have terms that prohibit early payments.  This is a large problem and means many people that paid loans there potentially overpaid.

I'll leave aside my issue that my amortization calculator does not match yours, but hopefully when I find the section that shows me my past payments (anyone else see this on the site?), I can see the error of my spreadsheet.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:19:05 AM
Last edit: April 16, 2013, 02:54:51 PM by Rassah

We are totally transparent, the interest calc is correct, the only issue is that you want to discount the interest rate in case of early payments and we do not do that.

We can implement that feature, some institutions do not allow early payments, others charge a penalty because it lowers the roi of investors and some allow it, it's really a matter of choice. You can submit this feature request at our uservoice feedback widget, perhaps we can make this optional and let the borrower choose, since it will affect investor returns.

You should implement that feature as default, or at least give a big warning that interest is calculated per pay period, as opposed to daily, and thus paying early will not change the interest owed. The reason is because that's not really ROI any more, since the investment part was returned. The idea is that when someone pays early, you can put that money into another loan and maintain your ROI with a new investment, as opposed to getting extra return from someone who pre-paid.
sal002

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2013, 02:29:52 AM

I know you are implementing collections and more legal enforce-ability.  You may want to engage an attorney in various jurisdictions to see the default rules on loans and applicable usuary laws.  Right now, I suspect not saying you can't prepay and allowing people to prepay effectively allows prepayment and thus should impact the interest calculations.  Thus a lot of people may have overpaid.  However, I could be wrong.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 02:34:38 AM

CoinLenders solves this issue by paying interest on deposits. So if you have the coins earlier, then you can simply park it in your account and you will pay less interest (depending on the interest rate for your loan).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: