Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:22:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should we limit the number of active loans per user?
No. As long as he is paying.
Yes, max 1 active loan per user.
Yes, max 2 active loans per user.
Yes, max 3 active loans per user.
Yes, max 5 active loans per user.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BTCJam - Peer to Peer Bitcoin Lending  (Read 204911 times)
Driice

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:08:42 AM

I can't withdraw my account balance on BTCJAM. Whenever I've tried for a month I've just received 'Error Executing Transaction.'

What is going on BTCJAm...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Anddos

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:36:11 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 02:11:34 PM by Anddos

if you dont pay it back we will send the bincoin balifis round to cease goods

Vezunchik

Activity: 420

bitcoin is an expression of freedom.

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:00:56 PM

Hi BTCJam.
There are several overdue loan listings where I've invested funds.
It was more than 6 months ago and I want to know what was done to make borrowers return my money.
Now it looks like that you simply wrote several e-mails with "BTCJAM Loan Arbitration Award" and that is all.
When I can expect any result? Never?
eestimees

Activity: 651
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:08:46 PM

Hi BTCJam.
It was more than 6 months ago and I want to know what was done to make borrowers return my money.
Now it looks like that you simply wrote several e-mails with "BTCJAM Loan Arbitration Award" and that is all.

same question.

eestimees
savaged

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:35:27 PM

I can't withdraw my account balance on BTCJAM. Whenever I've tried for a month I've just received 'Error Executing Transaction.'

What is going on BTCJAm...

I have the same problem.
Dropthebass

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 10:06:08 AM

Hi BTCJam.

same
theecoinomist

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:01:08 PM

Support not answering, coins vanishing and the place is filled with scammers.. Be aware and only desposit what you desire to lose

Anddos

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 03:51:26 PM

So they expect you to make a deposit even tho its a loans company?, how does that even make sense LOL

datuk

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 02:03:49 PM

Hi,

I've been using btcjam for a while and of course I've had some default loans (who hasn't).

I too am whaiting for a response from Tulkas on two important questions:

1) How do I convert this official piece of paper into actual recovered bitcoins in my wallet? Do I need to send a copy of the arbitration award to some legal entity somewhere?

2) Now that I have been officially given the debtors' identity information as part of the arbitration process, can I contact them without violating BTCJam's Terms of Service?

I think maybe it's time to stop waiting for a response from btcjam en try to take legal actions.

I've got some questions and ideas. First one: I think it's a good idea to centralize all of the arbitrated loans in one place, a website, sorted by identity, country, etc. That way, we know which people are big debtors and in which country's they are.

Second, I'm looking for someone with juridical knowledge or valuable connections to stand up and look for the possibilities to collect the money through a collection agency who is willing to try and collect bitcoins.

First question: Am I making major thinking errors? Is this idea ridiculous because of certain things I'm forgetting?

Second: who is willing and able to make an easy website for collecting arbitration award? I'm thinking of a simple form where everybody can upload their arbitration award and fill out name en details of the parties?

Please let me know what you guys think.

I am a lawyer so I can shed some light here. Arb award is binding save if there is an error of law or when the arbitrator acted wrongly in law. This is the basis to challenge the Arb award. As I have not seen the loan contract between you and the borrower, I can't make specific comment. Typically, loan contract requires notice, the contract will spell out how notice is given ie personally or by registered mail or etc including the identity of the borrower, spell out exactly who is the arbitrator. There is also the issue of jurisdiction challenge, legality of contract etc. BTW although there is no legal qualifications to be an arbitrator (ie anyone can say he or she is one by doing some course), in some countries like Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, HK etc, they are mostly retired lawyers or engineers (in construction claims where most of the work is done in Arb awards) and former judges. They certainly charges more than USD 200 to do a case. i may be mistaken in the US though as I do not practise there. Having got your "award", you need to enforce it, so in most cases, you will find yourself back in Court to get a judgment (the borrower may challenge again). If you get a judgment by default (ie borrower failed to show up), the borrower can also challenge this. In short, getting an award is the easy part as in most credit related cases, the lender always wins (there is a reason for this which is why the loan contract is important) but be aware there are legislation that protects the borrower such as charging criminal interest, unethical practices etc all these can be brought up as defence to kill your award. If everything is done nicely from loan contracts to arb award, then you have nothing to fear but Judges have discretion to hear the Arb award or the entire case. The lawyers will say that the Arb committed such and such mistakes-procedural fairness (ie not getting a response from borrower before deciding against him, or lack of notice or inconclusiveness of value of loan, wrong in law is my favourite where the Arb failed to reason based on law and facts, failed to consider a particular law or applied wrongly hence error in law). I acted for banks and defendants before so I am aware of the issues raised here.

So obviously when you go to court, the case is not as easy as paying USD 200 to get an award. And even if there is no challenge you will still need to enforce which is the toughest part. Banks are notorious for getting a judgment and sits on the enforcement (usually this can be renewed) until you are ripped for picking.

There are other avenues, like small claims court which is DIY, which is different from state to state and depending on where the borrower is, you need to file a claim in the jurisdiction of the borrower to get redress. If you file in your own jurisdiction then the process may be challenged etc (forum of convenience). As to the use of collector, well unless there is a reasonable amount for them to collect, they may not want to do this. Collectors usually work on % but an Arb award is just a paper and you still need to get a judgment to enforce it. Collectors will not do this for you unless you pay them as well and they usually use a law firm. Garnishee etc are specific ways to get your funds back again you need a court order to do this after you get your judgment. Is another extra step even for small claims court.

As to the suggestion of a "Shame" website, you need to be careful as Arb awards usually contain a privacy/confidential clause, ie unlike a judgment which is open unless order otherwise. If there is none then is viable. As I said, I have no idea what your loan contract states and what the Arb agreement between you and the named Arb agency said but do read them again.

Personally, I think lending BTC is a good idea as an alternative market (the bread and butter of banks in competition). My view is that exchanges or middleman like BTCJam should not be involved in how the customers interact with each other, they should just be like a classified. The minute they take BTC, it means they have a responsibility to ensure their clients are dealt fairly and above-board, this means they need to vet the clients (a costly expense you can ask lending tree etc) and to educate them of their rights and liabilities. I am intrigued though that when it comes to the black market, apparently those guys could enforce their illegal contracts. (Honour amongst thieves ?) I have not look at how those deals are done and settle though. I do not have any clients coming in and ask me to enforce against a drug lord for failing to deliver their product ? And guessing by the infamous Silk-Road fiasco, there must be some self-regulation amongst drug lords to ensure clients get the drugs ?

There was this coloredcoin idea which want to build a loan contract on top of the BTC coin (so everyone can see as a public registry), I am currently reading on this. In my view as a borrower, you cannot be anonymous as a proper contract needs to have your identification verified. To enforce the lender's interest, one can only look to the law. While one can reduce the risk of default by seeking reliance on reputation and better contractual agreements, they cannot substitute the need to enforce payments when a default occurs. The only solution that I can think (and which had been exploited by banks in the past) is the need for insurance/guarantee for all loans. Similarly if Visa/MC etc could reduce the frauds, they would be able to reduce the charges but why should they since there is no competition.

Otherwise, you should only lend to people you know or at least a member of the lenders have knowledge of the borrower and can vouch for them. This is what typically goes on with loan syndication where a lead bank acts on behalf of the borrower to syndicate the loan amongst lenders who relied on the lead bank's reputation and diligence. So it may morph into social-lending-BTC instead of peer to peer lending. Closely linked to this is to spread the loan across several time period, instead of one lump sum. Say where there are 4 parties (A,B,C,D) in a social group, then they can bid (by auction) for the right to borrow by the highest bid %. Once a party (say A) gets a loan, he will need to repay the others plus interest in the next auction. Next auction only B,C,D can bid and the winner (say B) will get funds from C,D and from A (full amount ie loan plus interest). In the next auction, C,D will bid and the winner will get funds from A,B (loan plus interest) and C (loan). Since D is left, he will collect all loans plus interest from A,B,C so effectively he is overall lender (indeterminable at the outset). Borrowers are actually paying instalments (A being the first). This system means you lend funds within your social group (ie people you have some contact with) as opposed to strangers. Nobody has to know who the borrower (at the material time) other than they are part of the social group. Obviously the minute the borrower defaults, he will be announced and is likely he is within your jurisdiction. You can also invest and borrow at the same time by bidding. I cant see any problem with lending to acquaintances or friends, as it is likely they will value friendship higher than a stranger and you have social pressure on your side (ie defaulter is likely to lose all his friends-lenders) to recover the loan. Thanks and those interested in my idea above, please feel free to PM me.   

datuk

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:05:14 PM

Just to follow up on my previous posting, it seems to me a lot of people are unaware of their rights as lenders.

1. Firstly, you must have standing to sue, ie you need to be named as lender/creditor. Without this you cant even go to court.
2. When you lend funds do a check with the borrower, this means you need to know the borrower. Dont lend money to anyone outside your jurisdiction/state/town.
3. Do a skype call, video-tapped it. Ask questions like what is the loan for, when repayment etc.
4. Get the person to sign away his rights in your contract. check out credit card contract as an example what rights do you have and borrower has.
5. Get the person's bank account details, you need this when asking for a garnishee order
6. Get the person to write a post-dated cheque for the amount from the same bank account where his or her salary is due. This cheque should be 4 days before the date when salary is posted and you can deposit this cheque so that when salary arrives, it will be transmitted to you. Obviously the borrower can call up the bank to cancel his cheque which is a clear sign he ain't going to pay.
7. In my experience, 8 out of 10 people will settle once a summon is issued by court. The reason is that their names will be on the credit agency watchlist and when judgment is against them, blacklisted. If you are not sure how to fill up a summons, ask a prelaw student to do this on fiver (sic) for 5 bucks.
8. Honest people do pay at the end. You may have to wait or even extend the paymets but eventually you get there.
9. Obviously this is not the kind of work people like to do when lending a few BTC. But is something you should be familiar on instead of relying on the middleman unless the latter has a system like zopaa (sic) - employing a collection agency and taking part of your money to fund a pool and using their staff to vet all borrowers.
10. I hope all you guys get your money back.

thy

Activity: 685

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:12:32 AM

When I sell a debt at a discount let's say it is 1 BTC and the buyer pays 1 BTC it appears I get less than 1 BTC.  So, BTCJam must take a cut.  What is their cut when brokering the sale of a debt?
There is a 4% fee on selling debt(notes) if they get bought, so if you sell a debt for exactly 1 btc you should recieve 0.960 btc if it get bought.

billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

Holy shit does anyone still use this?

Only loan money you don't care about cause chances are, you are going to loose some of it.

Better off in the long run to just stay away.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
CoinBitter

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:31:39 PM

Hi BTCJam.

same

Would be cool to answer questions like this Tongue
Prophet Daniel

Activity: 20

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 02:09:05 PM

Hi BTCJam.

To my understanding you have to get a sworn Affidavit of Arbitration from net-ARB and then go to court.
According to net-ARB FAQ taken from https://www.net-arb.com/FAQ.php#Rules:

Q: How do I enforce the decision?

Courts routinely enforce arbitration decisions in much the same manner that they enforce their own decisions, called judgments. When the losing party does not pay the amount or perform the action directed by a judgment within a reasonable amount of time (typically 30 days), the winning party returns to court and requests a fi fa (short for fieri facias), a judicial writ ordering the sheriff to satisfy the judgment from the debtor's property. This can take the form of seizure of bank accounts, property, or garnishment of wages.

In the case of an arbitration award, there is one intermediate step. The judge must turn the award into a judgment and then issue the fi fa on the judgment. Because the courts favor arbitration as a means to settle disputes without tying up the courts, this intermediate step is usually a routine matter. In our 9+ years of operation, no court has ever rejected a net-ARB award.

Before you go to court, you will need a sworn Affidavit of Arbitration from us, stating the terms of the Arbitration Agreement and the amount of the Award. You can obtain an Affidavit of Arbitration by writing to » net-ARB Support anytime after your case has been decided. There is a nominal $35 processing fee for this service.

Several international conventions for Enforcement of Arbitral Awards, most notably The United Nations Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards show overwhelming support for arbitration and enforcement of arbitration awards in »144 countries worldwide.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 03:38:21 PM

and that $35 a pop is what kills you. Unless you lost a fortune it's damn near pointless to pursue.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
thy

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 07:06:28 PM

There seems to be some bug at the moment at btcjam, "prices should be in USD: 999.9999" i haven't seen on the notes pages before, notes is still be priced in btc i so why the USD thing ?

thy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 04:55:24 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2014, 10:16:10 PM by thy

Btcjam support please respond, ballance incorrect on my account, many btc missing, site down at the moment to and no response on emails yet.

Edit: Balance has been corrected and site has been up and running for quite some time now.

thy

View Profile
April 08, 2014, 07:02:05 PM

There is a message at there blog now.

"Securiy Updates

BTCjam has gone offline for security updates with our servers. We will be back online soon with the site resuming as normal. All automatic payments will continue to go through. If you experience a late payment, please e-mail support@btcjam.com. Thank you."

Financisto

Activity: 630
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 07:15:49 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2014, 07:36:39 AM by Financisto

Ladies and Gentlemen,

As BTCJam is the long living P2P Bitcoin Lending service survivor, I think there's still few volume there.

So I suggested some implementations that might attract some more visitors, borrowers, lenders and increase the volume as well.

I've just added to their "Ideas and Feedback" section. Please vote for it: https://btcjam.uservoice.com/forums/175861-general/suggestions/5849774-add-the-option-collateral-requirements-borrower

[IDEA]

Add the option "Collateral Requirements". Borrower must supply collateral before receiving a loan.

Where:

# If option is chosen, Borrower must supply collateral before receiving a loan;

# Collateral must be in the form of other (liquid and high volume traded) cryptocurrencies e.g.: Litecoin, Peercoin and Namecoin (acording to www.coinmarketcap.com & www.btc-e.com);

# The amount of collateral will be (at least) the same (converted to BTC at that time) as borrower is asking for;

# BTCJam will escrow the collateral once sent by borrower as garantee;

# If all payments are "honored", BTCJam releases the collateral back to borrower;

# If the loan is defaulted, BTCJam uses the collateral to refund lenders;

Note #1: Borrowers that mark that option and apply for collateral requirements would get higher rating/score.

Note #2: Lenders would get lower risk while lending coins to those customers.

Note #3: demand and supply may increase as more garantees are offered.

Note #4: maybe in the future, small valuable items that can be shipped though the mail might be used as collateral and held as escrow - e.g. gold, silver, diamonds etc. Maybe even "Digital securities"; "Financial securities" (stocks, bonds, options, futures, etc. anything that can be transferred via one of the standard brokerages); "Gift cards" Gyft (gyft.com), Amazon, Target, Walmart, etc. "Digital property".
Those are just some hints in order to help enabling all kinds of collateral.

Warning: Paypal should never be used as collateral. Escrow can't even help, as paypal charge backs can come 6 months later!

Personal note: Collateral is a massive factor in loans nowadays and if that idea would be adopted someday, the rating/score system should change to reflect that.

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistCompilation of (open-source) BRAINWALLET projectsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
Avastar

Activity: 14

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 03:48:45 PM

My BTC has been locked for over a week. As of writing this I have lost 0.02259 BTC due to their incompetence.

-----------------------

I spent 15 minutes to find the following information. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, can you find more things that BTCJam is trying to hide?

The address on their contact page is fake; a Suite is required: 1 Bluxome St., San Francisco, CA 94107

Alexis Aiono, Head of Support, is only 19 years old.

Celso Pitta, CEO, refuses to respond to emails requesting information about why my account was blacklisted and why my balance was reduced to zero.

Celso's linkedin page is a fake! It lists the following patent as his:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/celso-pitta/59/368/a9
Dispositivo computadorizado para detecção automática do estado de vigília e nível de atenção de um ser humano num posto estático.
Brazil Patent MU8702413-6 Issued October 7, 2008
Inventors: Celso Pitta

The patent is here:
http://www.patentesonline.com.br/dispositivo-computadorizado-para-detec-o-autom-tica-do-estado-de-vig-lia-e-n-vel-183518.html

The real inventor is here:
http://br.linkedin.com/pub/celso-cardoso-pitta/34/285/35a

Company claims to be based in San Francisco, Ca.
It is actually owned by a company called Ovo Cósmico LTDA and is based in Brazil.

BEWARE, so should you get your BTC out NOW!?

-----------------------

Celso didn't deny that the contact address is a fake.

Nor did he provide any evidence that Celso Cardoso Pitta is not Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr.

Nor did he provide any evidence that his full name is Celso Cardoso Pitta Jr.

I admit I got into an argument with a close friend of Alexis Aiono, the 19-year-old Head of Support. After VtechX left a harassing and defaming unsolicited comment, which had no purpose other than to persuade investors to not invest in my A credit rating short-term opportunity, I went to address the concerns in the investors group. There I found that Leslie, the close friend of Alexis, had goaded VtechX into harassing me "bad cop" style and had listed me as a "Do Not Invest" solely because I had thanked him for investing in me. After attempting to reason with Leslie he became irate and threatened to go "Moses" on me and bring down the "Armageddon" on my profile. Leslie then persuaded Alexis to blacklist my account.

Nobody was DOXed.

-----------------------

At the minimum, I believe that this is a terrible company that hires immature teenagers who will blacklist and empty your account without your permission because of mere favoritism.
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: