Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:31:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270083 times)
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 11:53:28 AM

I know that my fiat currencies will not carry me through every turns of modern economy. That is where the bitcoin come in play. So I never intend to lose my bitcoins.

Switching to digital money/cryptocurrency is much better than the fiat currency because you know where the future lies, but I think it will be wise if you keep buying and selling your coins in order to generate profit and maintain interest. Finding work around btc will also interest you and it will be fun earning money in bitcoins, save that money and hold. Bitcoin is worth holding on.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2015, 12:59:02 PM

The title is funny, there is not much point in having 1000 BTC worth $10 billion if all you gonna do is stare at the zeros in your wallet. The real gratification of having Bitcoin is being able to buy stuff with it at some point Tongue Having said that, I do plan on always having at least 1 BTC saved up  Smiley
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 04, 2015, 02:11:19 PM

People always say this, but if bitcoin really reached 10K or 100K, their opinion will change, they will wait for 1 million dollar coins  Grin

And people used to have strong motivation to sell when price rose too quick in a short time, that's the reason each bubble is followed by a crash. Making a quick buck and take profit is always attractive, given the fiat money's value never changes so dramatically

well i'm sure there must be a target or a limit, that everyone is waiting, i mean do we really need 10, 100M per person? can't many, be satisfied with 1M only? unless their are homeless they should hold a little wealth already
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2015, 07:11:28 AM

People always say this, but if bitcoin really reached 10K or 100K, their opinion will change, they will wait for 1 million dollar coins  Grin

And people used to have strong motivation to sell when price rose too quick in a short time, that's the reason each bubble is followed by a crash. Making a quick buck and take profit is always attractive, given the fiat money's value never changes so dramatically
I think that this mindset is completely wrong. If Bitcoin was worth 100k each, that would mean that it is either on the path of replacing the current systems or that it already has. Selling back to fiat would be a mistake.
Instead of selling coins, people need to use them as their purchasing power would be exponentially higher than before.

Because it has more potential to grow.
Far greater than anything.
Considering how far it has already grown since it has s started trading, it has already surpassed most assets. The price will definitely grow further, however we can't be sure to what extent.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:15:08 AM

hemmm bitcoin have Biggest comunity who believe that bitcoin can flourish
and im one of that Smiley

I m sure bitcoin in future can be used at more merchand offline like at coffeshop may be i can use bitcoin in De Haagse Markt Roll Eyes
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:37:11 AM

I m sure bitcoin in future can be used at more merchand offline like at coffeshop may be i can use bitcoin in De Haagse Markt Roll Eyes
If we want to use Bitcoin in coffee shop or buy pizza then Bitcoin should evolve more.
Cuz at current time the confirmation takes place in approximately 10 to 15 minutes which is a lot of waiting.
Proxiebuier

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 08:45:31 AM

If we want to use Bitcoin in coffee shop or buy pizza then Bitcoin should evolve more.
Cuz at current time the confirmation takes place in approximately 10 to 15 minutes which is a lot of waiting.

may be we need bigger wallet like xapo where we can send bitcoin with lower fee and faster confirmation

you can try from xapo user to other xapo user ( not wallet) he need only 3-4 minute to get confirmation

blxlihnk

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:26:19 AM

I believe that bitcoin will be used in future for internet transactions or as bank transfert but for everyday fast altcoins are needed
Derrike

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:25:48 AM

for everyday fast altcoins are needed
Yes it's right.
But the value of the altcoins is so volatile that it's nearly impossible to implement them in daily transactions.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:24:08 PM

Yes it's right.
But the value of the altcoins is so volatile that it's nearly impossible to implement them in daily transactions.

Just like Bitcoin was more volatile and now it seems to be calming down, so these alts will and would calm down as they become bigger and as they mature more.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 01:33:29 PM

The title is funny, there is not much point in having 1000 BTC worth $10 billion if all you gonna do is stare at the zeros in your wallet. The real gratification of having Bitcoin is being able to buy stuff with it at some point Tongue Having said that, I do plan on always having at least 1 BTC saved up  Smiley

Are you sure? I have no problem holding 1000 BTC worth $10 billion and staring at the zeros 3 times a day in my wallet  Cheesy  I don't have too much things to buy anyway, all the latest gadgets are disappointing, and cost of ownership concern will make bitcoin the best asset to hold

Derrike

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:37:55 PM

Yes it's right.

Just like Bitcoin was more volatile and now it seems to be calming down, so these alts will and would calm down as they become bigger and as they mature more.
Bitcoin calming is the situation of silence before a big storm.
And you will see a big pump in near future.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 10:22:09 PM

The title is funny, there is not much point in having 1000 BTC worth $10 billion if all you gonna do is stare at the zeros in your wallet. The real gratification of having Bitcoin is being able to buy stuff with it at some point Tongue Having said that, I do plan on always having at least 1 BTC saved up  Smiley

Are you sure? I have no problem holding 1000 BTC worth $10 billion and staring at the zeros 3 times a day in my wallet  Cheesy  I don't have too much things to buy anyway, all the latest gadgets are disappointing, and cost of ownership concern will make bitcoin the best asset to hold

As long as youre debt free, I dont see why not right.

but most people arent so I feel like they will eventually sell out to pay off their debt or something. Also, I see it worth that amount like you mentioned only cause we havent reach the unbankd countries that opens new commerce to them as well.

its a huge cheap money transmitter beating western union etc.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 11:05:56 PM

Yes it's right.

It calm now, but wait until china comes back into play.

they been on the fence of bitcoin on and off so I cant wait till another country like china steps in saying they accept bitcoin again to see huge volumes of volatility.

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:30:32 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the whole mindset "don't sell because look at what it could be!" If and when Bitcoin reaches huge prices of $10k+, sure, you won't ever have to transfer your Bitcoin into USD, ever. However, in the meantime, people should be encouraged to spend and trade their Bitcoins, because holding does nothing for spreading Bitcoin.
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:54:24 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the whole mindset "don't sell because look at what it could be!" If and when Bitcoin reaches huge prices of $10k+, sure, you won't ever have to transfer your Bitcoin into USD, ever. However, in the meantime, people should be encouraged to spend and trade their Bitcoins, because holding does nothing for spreading Bitcoin.

I believe that bitcoins should be treated just like any other investment one would, and buy and sell it, trade it according to the market situations. Holding is easy, and safe but I don't know, I just think that buying something and keeping it with you for years will make you a millionaire. Weird. I like to trade, so I do it looking how the market is. The power of bitcoin is that once it hits its potential, nobody needs to convert it to USD. People with USD will be running places to convert their money into btc
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:09:46 PM

Yes it's right.

That is true, and I would never sell all my bitcoins as it guarantees me the financial security at the retirement age, and it can be proved to be the best future investment So I would never sell all my bitcoins but at the time of emergency I would sell part of it.
HarHarHar9965

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:28:52 PM

Yes it's right.

That is true, and I would never sell all my bitcoins as it guarantees me the financial security at the retirement age, and it can be proved to be the best future investment So I would never sell all my bitcoins but at the time of emergency I would sell part of it.

As Satoshi once said,' Either a bitcoin could be worth a billion dollars or zero, only time can tell'. The price of your bitcoins is a result of the amount of demand and supply there is in the market. If you do not make proper use of your bitcoins upto its potential at the right place, at the right time, it might not reel you as much profit as you think it could. Know your investments before you blow your investments.
mearylll

Activity: 315

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:30:49 PM

Yes it's right.

As Satoshi once said,' Either a bitcoin could be worth a billion dollars or zero, only time can tell'. The price of your bitcoins is a result of the amount of demand and supply there is in the market. If you do not make proper use of your bitcoins upto its potential at the right place, at the right time, it might not reel you as much profit as you think it could. Know your investments before you blow your investments.

That is true, I keep on selling my bitcoins when I am in need of money, and at that time I don't wait for the prices to go up, I convert it into my local currency and take care of my expenses, it is better to sell when you need money or else you cannot afford to keep on holding it and don't use when you are in need of money.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 04:34:25 PM

Yes it's right.

Did he specifically said "a billion"? that seems like too much of a prediction. I think the textual quote was "bitcoin will either be a lot of be worthless in the future", I dont think he never gave an actual value prediction for 1 BTC.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: