Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:08:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270083 times)
Dr. Pepper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:02:00 AM

I see the argument in never selling your coins and just waiting to use them to buy things but not everyone has that much faith or can afford to hold onto them for years speculatively.

now I really regret not selling my bitcoin, and now the price dropped to $237 before $256
im big loss  Angry

what does it mean term "big loss" in your small world. at 100BTC it is "loss" of 1900USD which is literally nothing and honestly, I really don't expect, that you have more than 100BTC...

so hold your mouth and bitcoin now, it is the best advice ever.

most people here don't even have a single bitcoin. so it's safe to assume that he doesn't have more than 100btc. him wearing a paid signature confirms this even more.

How do you know how many bitcoins every person has? There are very likely some people who have over 100 bitcoins but still have a sig add. Even if I had 100 bitcoins I would still earn from signature because why turn down free coins? Its still the best and easiest way to earn bitcoins after all.

Digit-0

Activity: 199

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:22:55 AM

Even if I had 100 bitcoins I would still earn from signature because why turn down free coins? Its still the best and easiest way to earn bitcoins after all.

well it depends on the type of person who wear the sig, not everyone will continue with it if he own more than 100 bitcoins Wink

btw i understand what do you say, if this is for free and we didnt hurt anyone, why not to continue?

about the main question "Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever", i have a simply question, this is just because most of us ( the bitcoin owners ) really think that in the near future the price will raise a lot, thats all Smiley at least thats my case.
zero01

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:30:02 PM

bitcoin price is currently down
but it will probably go up again so that's one reason I do not sell my bitcoin
kingscrown

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 02:36:15 AM

im not selling my BTCs - im just using tchem to buy goods.

not my fault some companies sell them later tho..

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:07:18 AM

For long term may be good but in short term the prices will be more volatile. It can go either way.
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:19:02 AM

It is only a matter of time before the suppliers of these companies start accepting bitcoins. Then the loop will be complete. Bitcoins will flow along the value chain without the need for changing them into fiat at exchanges.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:52:51 AM

It is only a matter of time before the suppliers of these companies start accepting bitcoins. Then the loop will be complete. Bitcoins will flow along the value chain without the need for changing them into fiat at exchanges.

yes, it would be great to see bitcoin be regularized in trade but not exchanged for fiat, and the trade circle will be complete from supply to demand, and there will be no need for the receiving end of the individual to exchange it for fiat, because he will be purchasing the next commodity with the same currency: Bitcoin. SUCH AWESOME, MUCH SUCCESS!
torrentheaven

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:04:49 PM

Yes, i believe to that bitcoin will not stop here. this is the first time that the price go down. The bitcoin is spreading every day more and this a clear sign of its success. Its volatility is known it it will be such since the time when it will be well known and it will be mature as a currency. I will not sell my bitcoin.

That is true that we don't want to sell all our bitcoins as we believe that the value would reach to a next level in the future, but What in the case of emergency when you really need money? I think at that time we need to focus on our priorities and even if we need to sell a part of bitcoins that would not make a huge difference as we know we are capable of earning it in the future too  Grin
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 12:17:09 AM

Yes, i believe to that bitcoin will not stop here. this is the first time that the price go down. The bitcoin is spreading every day more and this a clear sign of its success. Its volatility is known it it will be such since the time when it will be well known and it will be mature as a currency. I will not sell my bitcoin.

That is true that we don't want to sell all our bitcoins as we believe that the value would reach to a next level in the future, but What in the case of emergency when you really need money? I think at that time we need to focus on our priorities and even if we need to sell a part of bitcoins that would not make a huge difference as we know we are capable of earning it in the future too  Grin

The answer is that you always spend what you need to survive (for your emergencies)...and you keep as much as you can. Now if you don't have all your assets in bitcoin then you can keep a portion of fiat in fiat to cover those potential emergencies while keeping a separate stash of bitcoin for future appreciation.

The concept of savings doesn't change with bitcoin, it's just a different currency.

BlueYozakuraBTC

Activity: 322

WILL SKYPE CHAT FOR 3 MILLION COMPOUND COIN

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 12:26:03 AM

-snip-
Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive.
-snip-

Haha! I love this! It seems counterproductive but some people are looking to jump start their life now and live comfortably today. I understand both sides of it but even I could use a nice sold 10k in income to live a tad comfortable.

▓▓▓▓▓▒░░
                       ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
        ░░           ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
      ▒░        ░░▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒░
    ░▒▒▒▒░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░
   ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░            ▒
  ▒░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░              ░▓▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░             ░▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█░           ░▒▓▓▓▓▓░
     ▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▒          ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
   ▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░         ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░          ░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓░       ░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓░
░▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░  ░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓░
 ░▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓░     ░░
  ░▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░      ░█░
   ░▓▒░░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░        ░██░
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░          ░███▒
      ░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░             ░▒█████░
                           ░░▒██████░
            ░░░░░░░░░░▒▒█████████░
                 ░░░░░░░░░░░░
Sphere .
  DECENTRALIZED SOCIAL NETWORK 
         OVER 250,000 HAVE JOINED!
ICO DATE 
Feb. 12, 2018
███
███████░
███████████
██████████████░
██████████████████
█████████████████████░
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████░
█████████████████
█████████████░
██████████
██████░
GET IT ON
Google Play
                     ░███
                   █████░
                  █████░
                 ▒███▓
         ░███▓       ░████▓
      ████████████████████████
    ░█████████████████████████
   ░████████████████████████▒
   ████████████████████████
   ░██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
       ░████████████████████▓
           █████    █████
DOWNLOAD ON THE
App Store
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:09:33 AM

Neo when you are ready you will have a millions of $ worth of bitcoin as a massively adopted and used global currency, and you can be the next crop of billionaires in the upcoming biggest wealth transfer in the history of humanity.

Opportunist 15 year olds started mining can become billionaires just by being nerds, what an interesting spin right there in social structures.

shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:57:02 AM

how about your cost ? are you have other job ?
"real job in real life" ?

i will sell my bitcoin if price go up to 230 above
because i will save it to USD to pay some cost

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:19:53 AM

I just feel the title has been a little too exaggerated Tongue Bitcoin must be sold too in order for trade to take place, and by selling of bitcoin, I do not mean cashing out, I just mean trade taking place, bitcoin being spent in exchange of goods and services. If you are investing in bitcoin for a very long term profit, I think you should consider cold storage, you will profit Smiley
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:52:27 PM

If you do not sell, the price can increase according to supply and demand theory.If the daily volume decreases and price increases , at a point BTC will self terminate itself.Why?If the money circulation is zero then BTC is dead.
Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:26:59 PM

now I really regret not selling my bitcoin, and now the price dropped to $237 before $256
im big loss  Angry

what does it mean term "big loss" in your small world. at 100BTC it is "loss" of 1900USD which is literally nothing and honestly, I really don't expect, that you have more than 100BTC...

so hold your mouth and bitcoin now, it is the best advice ever.

most people here don't even have a single bitcoin. so it's safe to assume that he doesn't have more than 100btc. him wearing a paid signature confirms this even more.

isnt that a little bit of naive thinking though.

if the current rates of 1 btc is 200 dollars, what youre basically saying is most people dont even have $200 to spare to buy 1 btc?
Nautiluss

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:34:27 PM

just know most people cant do this full time unless they the owners of something like primedice. lol.

so its safe to assume that most people will sell during its price at any given moment.

bills to pay etc, rent.                                                                     
maxcarjuzaa

Activity: 188

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:21:41 PM

there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero

yes thats was before debt money. but if you think about it long enough you will realize that  1us dollar can not worth 0 because it is scarse, how is that? all the world has more debt that all the dollars in it. by definition, that is the way us dollars are printed.

now you will tell me china bonds gold blah blah blah.

if china sell all the bonds in one day better for usa, they will rebuy their debt for penies.

kromtar

Activity: 172

contracorriente

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:32:44 AM

fiat is worthless monopoly paper that lose value every year, thats why i will never sell my coins, i just hoard coins and wait to use it instead of sell for millions ass paper

can't even clean my ass with fiat Sad
suda123

Activity: 210

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:40:25 AM

just know most people cant do this full time unless they the owners of something like primedice. lol.

so its safe to assume that most people will sell during its price at any given moment.

bills to pay etc, rent.                                                                    

So lissandra,master yi ,nautalis,morganna I think, Am I missing something here? And morde
Hugroll

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 01:30:09 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

agreed, if no one solf their coins, the supply would be VERY limited and the price would skyrocket.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: