Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:43:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why You Should Never Sell Your Bitcoins Ever  (Read 270080 times)
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:49:09 AM

To convert from BTC to fiat there will be a fee, whereas just buying whatever it is directly with bitcoin there will not.

In every transactions that we are going to make there is always a fee of charges. Only the difference was the percentage in every exchange platform that we are going to use. So, if you see that the value is not yet increase, hold it more until it reaches the peak amount of price that you've been waiting for.
The fact is that saving Bitcoin will not be 100% anyway, because daily needs need money and therefore you will still spend some of your Bitcoin. Of course, at least 10% I would advise you to leave for storage and wait for the best prices. This is perhaps a good investment in the future.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:51:55 AM

To convert from BTC to fiat there will be a fee, whereas just buying whatever it is directly with bitcoin there will not.

In every transactions that we are going to make there is always a fee of charges. Only the difference was the percentage in every exchange platform that we are going to use. So, if you see that the value is not yet increase, hold it more until it reaches the peak amount of price that you've been waiting for.
The fact is that saving Bitcoin will not be 100% anyway, because daily needs need money and therefore you will still spend some of your Bitcoin. Of course, at least 10% I would advise you to leave for storage and wait for the best prices. This is perhaps a good investment in the future.
yes i agree because we as humans we have  daily needs that needs a money in having money we need to exchange our btc to money so that we can provide the things that needed in our daily life.but if we want  a big return someday  we must try to save bitcoin in our way.
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:26:15 AM

I can sell bitcoin only if I really need money urgently or I can get a good profit from the sale, but I hope to keep the coins until the price increases for a flight to the moon.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:14:16 AM

If bitcoin is a secondary source of income for you and if you have a day job that pays you in fiat then I think there is no need to sell your bitcoins as you have fiat to take care of your expenses and bitcoins should be saved without spending to gain more benefits in future.
Agreed, it would be totally unfair to sell off bitcoins for fun or for wasting money on some unimportant businesses. Obviously when you have diamond and gold, you should give up on gold to meet daily expenses than diamond.

Bitcoins are one of the expensive assets one can have in today’s world. So why to give up on them for trivial things ?
Osarman

Activity: 952
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 05:36:21 PM

Selling bitcoins at this current price is like throwing your only way to millions someday. And its already official that segwit is only for bitcoin,which only means that bitcoin will keep on increasing as month goes by. And in no time  will be seeing maybe 30k -$40k value in price .

Lol then you still would have to sell your bitcoins right? Its funny to think that you're not gonna be selling btcs ever. What do you suppoae you're going to do with your btcs? Even if let's say the price does shoot up to the moon and the sun, you're only going to enjoy your savings by selling
In order to enjoy the profit we need to sell off Bitcoins.
Without cashing them out, we can enjoy ride to the moon or sun. Those who are holding to their bitcoins are obviously going to sell them. But even if they are not willing to sell them in the near future, there is no harm in that.
krisnt80

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 06:42:54 PM

There is just one reason thats bitcoin huge potencial to grow into value, but as several people does they trade daily and play with pumps to try to grow their capital step by step, and we need bitcoins to keep into circulation, imagine all current people just hold bitcoin, soo the supply would be the new blocks, since miners has to pay bills and some of them need to sell a part of the coins.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:22:55 PM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
You are correct but if I’m going to spend my bitcoin I prefer to do it in something that is an investment as well like a house and not in something that is going to lose a lot of value as soon as the next device comes into the market.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:25:09 PM

If bitcoin is a secondary source of income for you and if you have a day job that pays you in fiat then I think there is no need to sell your bitcoins as you have fiat to take care of your expenses and bitcoins should be saved without spending to gain more benefits in future.
Agreed, it would be totally unfair to sell off bitcoins for fun or for wasting money on some unimportant businesses. Obviously when you have diamond and gold, you should give up on gold to meet daily expenses than diamond.

Bitcoins are one of the expensive assets one can have in today’s world. So why to give up on them for trivial things ?
Absolutely true, bitcoins are the most precious possessions now and in the near future, will be using bitcoins as wedding gifts, payments and may be also as dowry, lol! I believe in the potential of bitcoins for ruling the world and those who are investing into bitcoins will be the elite class of the cashless society.

bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:57:35 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2017, 09:06:24 PM by bncbnc

There is just one reason thats bitcoin huge potencial to grow into value, but as several people does they trade daily and play with pumps to try to grow their capital step by step, and we need bitcoins to keep into circulation, imagine all current people just hold bitcoin, soo the supply would be the new blocks, since miners has to pay bills and some of them need to sell a part of the coins.
yes that is right but it does not mean to hold our bitcoin forever. i think sometime people find it hard to take a right decision in right time. those people who have good experience in trading they never hold their bitcoin for ever but they waiting for the right time sell their bitcoin, and therefore they mostly  get good profit from bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 03:46:24 AM

yes that is right but it does not mean to hold our bitcoin forever. i think sometime people find it hard to take a right decision in right time.

Sometimes we also experience panic when bitcoin price is entering the downtrend. I cannot ignore this, but right now I can better understand and continue to hold it, I just sell it for trading purposes in altcoin market and for monthly purposes.
iyan33

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:56:37 AM

I think you should keep hold of bitcoin, because holding bitcoin certainly has chance to get big advantage from bitcoin. And i will try to manage bitcoin well, because i believe the progress of bitcoin is increasing.
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:46:54 AM

But don’t you think that one should keep up the place between selling and buying of bitcoin whenever one need it. The bitcoin is fair enough in its form and it is growing tremendously but converting it into fiat at specific times is not that counterproductive. If I don’t use my bitcoin today then what the use? What if in decades of time some new currency takes leap or the technology for instance and what if it engulfs the bitcoin completely. You will end up with zero valuable assets which you stored since decades and that won’t be healthy to digest really. Im just being little skeptical here that negative side can happen too. So lets watch out for it and invest with strategies and not firm decisions.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Hatuferu
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

https://trueflip.io/

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 09:48:54 AM

I think you should keep hold of bitcoin, because holding bitcoin certainly has chance to get big advantage from bitcoin. And i will try to manage bitcoin well, because i believe the progress of bitcoin is increasing.
We have to hold, money is what we are looking therefore we have to ensure we have that will to hold.
Holding could be very tempting especially now that the price is still increasing, for me, it's enough to reward myself a little
and continue holding because I have a bigger dream to achieve in the future.

▃▃▃▂▂▂▂▂▃▃▃▃                                      ▃▃▃▂▂▂▃▃▃                         
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
   ██████████████████                                        █████████████     ████                 
          ████                                               ████                                   
          ████   █████ █████ ████   █████    █████████       ████       ████   ████  ███████████   
          ████   ▀█████████▀ ████   ████    ████   ████      █████████  ████   ████   ████  █████   
          ████    ████▀ ▀▀▀  ████   ████   ████     ████     █████████  ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ████   ████   █████████████     ████       ████   ████   ████    ████ 
          ████    ████       ███████████▄   ████             ████       ████   ████   ████   █████ 
          ████    ████       █████  ███████  ████  ████      █████      ████   ████   ███████████   
         ▄████▄   ████        ███     ███      ██████        █████      ████   ████   █████████     
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                                      ████         
                                                                             █▀▀   
Blockchain Fair Games
|
Truly one of a kind games:
MAGIC DICE   CHAIN'S CODE   PIRATE BAY
MINING FACTORY      RAPID TO THE MOON
|

400 BTC
★ PRIZE FUND ★
|

WEEKLY GIWEAWAYS
Join our community!
150% BONUS
First-time deposit
VISA  🔴🌕  50+coins

CERTIFIED RNG
100% TRANSPARENT
PROVABLY FAIR
yrreg ger

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 10:00:37 AM

Reading the responses to the recent topic titled, "I would sell all my bitcoins if…." has left me concerned.

The kinds of responses on that thread reveal a deep misunderstanding of bitcoin and the current monetary system in many of those who are speculating. Let's consider the scenario in which bitcoin reaches $1000 or let's say $10,000 per bitcoin. Many have said they will cash out if bitcoin reaches this point. Why??

If bitcoin reaches $10,000 it will have to be because the fiat currencies of the world are tumbling to worthlessness via a hyperinflation type scenario and bitcoin is the safe haven, which if you know anything about the current monetary systems of the world, you know this is inevitable. (there have been 3800 fiat currencies throughout history and EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE has crashed to worthlessness; a value of zero) Why would you then sell all of your sound money (Bitcoin) for a bunch of fiat money that is inevitably becoming worthless? I don't understand the logic in doing that.

If bitcoin ever reaches $10,000 per bitcoin, you will NEVER see me selling for fiat paper money. You may however see me having a shopping spree at Overstock.com or TigerDirect.com or NewEgg.com! I will be buying things I want with my bitcoin profits DIRECTLY WITH BITCOIN, not selling my bitcoin for paper fiat. Hopefully by then there will be many more options, perhaps even Amazon.com will be accepting bitcoin for goods and I can have my shopping spree there.

Point being, selling bitcoin for dollars seems counterproductive. Why convert your paper fiat currency into sound value storing superior bitcoin, only to sell all of your superior bitcoin back for worthless antiquated fiat currency again? Why not just spend the bitcoin itself to buy what you want instead of taking a loss by converting back into dollars which will inflate away eventually anyway?
You have the point there, as for me, those shops you've stated above is not readily available in other countries including mine. Another thing is, ordering online will take time which is commonly few days. That would be a problem if you need a product or service immediately. My point is that we have our reasons for doing things. You stated yours i just stated mine
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:03:31 PM

I will sell my coins if I am making good profits from it but I will never sell all my coins and will save some of them for future as price will be higher in long term so its better to have some coins in wallet to sell them at higher price in future.
I think the main reason users do not sell their bitcoin or hold their bitcoin because of course is related to the price of bitcoin in the market. Maybe bitcoin prices have not matched their expectations. Or have not yet reached the target price that users expect. I also always be patient to hold my bitcoin, when the price is not in accordance with my expectations
millgates

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:21:35 PM

Bitcoin prices have potential to rise, there is a prediction that bitcoin price will reach over $6000 this is fairly logical prediction. Because bitcoin users use this coin for trade, buy primary, secondary, and tertiary goods while the maximum amount of bitcoin is limited. This makes the demand for bitcoin to increase, so it's better not to sell bitcoin unless there is an urgent need  because bitcoin is really profitable.
matuson

Activity: 420
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:30:15 PM

Bitcoin prices have potential to rise, there is a prediction that bitcoin price will reach over $6000 this is fairly logical prediction. Because bitcoin users use this coin for trade, buy primary, secondary, and tertiary goods while the maximum amount of bitcoin is limited. This makes the demand for bitcoin to increase, so it's better not to sell bitcoin unless there is an urgent need  because bitcoin is really profitable.
Bitcoin users are dreaming to become millionaires and keep their coins. This creates an increased demand for coins and that is why we constantly see a price increase. It is 100% speculation, and one day all will collapse.
Bellator

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 12:41:40 PM

Bitcoin users are dreaming to become millionaires and keep their coins. This creates an increased demand for coins and that is why we constantly see a price increase. It is 100% speculation, and one day all will collapse.
You have a point there. But I guess it's not being billionaire that defines someone here because not everyone who have this reason and purpose. Well, it's not also the case that we should never sell bitcoin ever. It all depends because there are tendencies that it drops its value the more about many speculations interrupt. For sure many are waiting for good and better development of bitcoin towards economics.

deppil

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:58:06 PM

Whenever I read arguments such as in the OP, they always leave me mouth agape. Why wouldn't anyone sell their bitcoins if they were in dire need to solve a cash problem or they read into technical analysis that the coin may crash? I really don't get this part. Do we really see Bitcoin as a god or as an asset? I would sell if the price is right and then wait to buy back at a dip. This is because I see Bitcoin as an asset, not as an untouchable tin god.
Yeah I also read some answers on this thread, that most users sell their bitcoin of course because they want to earn a profit, the user sells their bitcoin when the price goes up and will hold when the price has not gone up, I've also seen some other answers like selling because to pay for daily
hdclover

Activity: 1106

www.bitcoin.org

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:16:52 PM

if only I listened to you Sad

Blah blah
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: