Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 06:03:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459153 times)
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:06:41 AM

When Bitcoin price goes above $1000 then I think I would quit my part time job and go full time on Bitcoin. I imagine the future as working from the comfort of my home and getting paid in BTC. It would be wonderful. By that time, Bitcoin would have become mainstream. But again, it's just my imagination.  Roll Eyes
will be useless even if the high bitcoin prices is $ 1,000 but your income a little from bitcoin haha

why would it useless?

those who hold it would of have free capital to start a business or increase their chances to a venture to get chance to create something without the stress.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greBit

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:00:39 AM

When Bitcoin price goes above $1000 then I think I would quit my part time job and go full time on Bitcoin. I imagine the future as working from the comfort of my home and getting paid in BTC. It would be wonderful. By that time, Bitcoin would have become mainstream. But again, it's just my imagination.  Roll Eyes
will be useless even if the high bitcoin prices is $ 1,000 but your income a little from bitcoin haha

why would it useless?

those who hold it would of have free capital to start a business or increase their chances to a venture to get chance to create something without the stress.

Yes, there would be no worries about how bitcoin might collapse, and that is the very reason businesses don't accept and integrate cryptocurrency with their business. Maybe Ajun96 thought that you are talking about how the value of your work will still remain the same regardless the price of bitcoin, but in that sense, he is wrong again Tongue There is a difference between price and value of bitcoin
ajun96

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 07:18:49 AM

why would it useless?

Yes, there would be no worries about how bitcoin might collapse, and that is the very reason businesses don't accept and integrate cryptocurrency with their business. Maybe Ajun96 thought that you are talking about how the value of your work will still remain the same regardless the price of bitcoin, but in that sense, he is wrong again Tongue There is a difference between price and value of bitcoin
Im sorry, my english is bad,
Thats right greBit, example for my post before,
 your income from bitcoin per day only 0.0005 btc, useless crops will also remain small,
THEREFOR, also raise your crops eg 0.005 per day, then the effect of price increases bitcoin will also feel for you
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1124

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:16:40 PM

Its not the right time for me to quit my job, since bitcoin isnt too popular in my city, even in my country. I dont have any idea about what kind of full time job on bitcoin, which people here just do gambling, trading, programming, etc as their part-time job.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 04:54:02 PM

you can't see bitcoin as your only source of income. It is just too risky. You never know what may happen. So, best way is to have a job and work with bitcoins, just to be sure that you will have money to live Smiley
CEG5952 (OP)

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 05:03:18 PM

Its not the right time for me to quit my job, since bitcoin isnt too popular in my city, even in my country. I dont have any idea about what kind of full time job on bitcoin, which people here just do gambling, trading, programming, etc as their part-time job.

There are some people who I believe that are making money out of trading bitcoins. You know, the typical buy low sell high method still works like a charm for them

pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 06:33:47 PM

why would it useless?

That would be the case only for long term holders, but Abiky's comment sounds like as if magically the wages would raise because he is getting paid in BTC that's 1K each BTC. Most likely the wages will be variable and edged against dollar or other fiat value, so you'll still get a low wage each month paid in BTC if you already had a low wage in fiat.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:37:23 PM

you can't see bitcoin as your only source of income. It is just too risky. You never know what may happen. So, best way is to have a job and work with bitcoins, just to be sure that you will have money to live Smiley

Why would it be? Not everyone start each month with 0 capital, all spent.

Bitcoin is pretty lucrative right now, its just fine as a job. Sure its value could crash some day or another, but that doesn't mitigate the current income it provide. You don't lose previous income because some day in the future its worth less.

Bitcoin as your only source of income is just fine. People lose regular job everyday, its just as or more a problem than BTC crashing. Whether that's a problem or not to the individual is how well prepared they are to changing job.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 05, 2015, 09:40:32 PM

why would it useless?

That would be the case only for long term holders, but Abiky's comment sounds like as if magically the wages would raise because he is getting paid in BTC that's 1K each BTC. Most likely the wages will be variable and edged against dollar or other fiat value, so you'll still get a low wage each month paid in BTC if you already had a low wage in fiat.

Haha yes, that does sound like the comment im reading as well lol.

Theres no way someone would retire off having 1 btc or just cause the valuation sky rockets cause like you said there is no magical wage but based on the # of bitcoins the user is holding which would have to be a large principal from the start.

luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:15:34 AM

well some people can, based on if the value kept on a increase every year.

So it acts more of a savings account with like 500% each year or obviously a bit lower but its the never ending skyrocket.

Also most people dont have 2,000 btc, but they can acquire it eventually in other ways by launching or being part of the community service.

QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 01:21:35 AM

I'd LOVE to see you try to convince Dave Carlson of that.

8-)

(for those that don't know the name, and assuming I spelled it right, that's the owner of MegaBigPower)

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 02:15:34 AM

yes i will do it
now im prepare my trading skill and create some article about bitcoin (earning from adsense)

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

ajun96

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 07:29:29 AM

yes i will do it
now im prepare my trading skill and create some article about bitcoin (earning from adsense)
I dont dare if out of work, before it is ready for the next job
lady Royal

Activity: 720

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 07:51:26 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

Defiantly not .. yet i don't have any employment but still i can say that Giving up with my Job is not a good deal ..
bitcoin is always an option for me ...  and my first priority will be my Job .. my Job give me honor and respect along with some good money ..
Money is worthless with out respect ...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:36:42 AM

Im sorry, my english is bad,
Thats right greBit, example for my post before,
 your income from bitcoin per day only 0.0005 btc, useless crops will also remain small,
THEREFOR, also raise your crops eg 0.005 per day, then the effect of price increases bitcoin will also feel for you

I am unable to understand what you are saying properly, but there is a more simpler relation between price and value and it all co relates to supply and demand. As about income from bitcoin per day is, I am sure Grebit earns half a bitcoin everyday by whatever activities he does, he's into so many things I am often surprised to see. Grebit helped me discover a lot of opportunities, very nice guy Smiley
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:40:23 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

Defiantly not .. yet i don't have any employment but still i can say that Giving up with my Job is not a good deal ..
bitcoin is always an option for me ...  and my first priority will be my Job .. my Job give me honor and respect along with some good money ..

The personal sentiments attached to your jobs are not being questioned here but your flexibility to switch to bitcoin someday, if things work in your favor is being optioned. Bitcoin is a great option, perfect for young lads who want to make quick bucks with a little work. Whatever your job is, might not be the only reason you get good respect, maybe you get respect because of the person you are. Good money shouldn't be questioned with bitcoin, a year more in bitcoin world and you'd know why.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 09:41:45 AM

Being able to pay the bills and not end up homeless > respect.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
lady Royal

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:42:07 AM

The personal sentiments attached to your jobs are not being questioned here but your flexibility to switch to bitcoin someday, if things work in your favor is being optioned. Bitcoin is a great option, perfect for young lads who want to make quick bucks with a little work. Whatever your job is, might not be the only reason you get good respect, maybe you get respect because of the person you are. Good money shouldn't be questioned with bitcoin, a year more in bitcoin world and you'd know why.

along with being an lady am a developer as well ... i will lose all my skill if i stop putting all my efforts in my job ... bitcoin is a good thing for some people but for me there are other things that is more important ... i have being here more then one year but i start using the form from July 2015 .. which is enough to show that bitcoin is not as much important ...

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
lady Royal

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2015, 10:44:47 AM

a good job give you handsome amount of money so that u can pay all ur bills ( if used in proper way ) .. and u will never be homeless ..

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
greBit

Activity: 714

View Profile
August 06, 2015, 11:34:54 AM

a good job give you handsome amount of money so that u can pay all ur bills ( if used in proper way ) .. and u will never be homeless ..

A good job consists of much more than just a decent amount of money, it provide you a comfortable and healthy work environment. it helps you expand your network and also fulfill social needs, it allows you to maintain order in life and keep things flexible. It supports you and ensures safety towards your health care either by providing insurance or by paying extra for it. A good job keeps you happy.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: