Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:57:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 350 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you quit your day job to go full time on bitcoin?  (Read 459156 times)
ajun96

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 05:52:38 AM

Quit my job and started working full-time for 100% pay in bitcoin starting in 2014. Best decision ever.

how do you pay for bills?

or what do you do to make enough that equals to your full time job? do you sell stuff for btc? or do you other things like day trading?
working full time in bitcoin, You are very brave, maybe he already convinced with bitcoin, and possibly income in bitcoin was great,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 06:43:13 AM

Quit my job and started working full-time for 100% pay in bitcoin starting in 2014. Best decision ever.

how do you pay for bills?

or what do you do to make enough that equals to your full time job? do you sell stuff for btc? or do you other things like day trading?
working full time in bitcoin, You are very brave, maybe he already convinced with bitcoin, and possibly income in bitcoin was great,

yeah I wouldnt be that brave unless I had some back up money to rely on.

im pretty sure the guy saved up, so he can do it with less stress cause it would be super hard to do it without it.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:30:23 AM

what service are you using for getting the payment in bitcoin, i know there is another member doing so with bitwage, are you take advantage of this too?

and ho do you pay taxes and bills, this is the hard part when someone want to follow your route, and because of this i think it can not be done at 100% for now
Enzyme

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:35:56 AM

Bitcoin has only gone down recently, I don't see it as a safe investment to go all in on, but if you have money you can waste, it's pretty safe.
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 07:39:57 AM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

I would love, but to do so I would need a monthly income that allows you to pay all my expenses.
sharing bitcoin all over the world would be a very interesting work
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:11:05 PM

Are you inspired by those bitcoin millionaires? Are you thinking of filing a resignation letter on your day job (if you have any) and focus on bitcoin instead?

Me? I do have a day job and I consider bitcoin as my side job. I don't want to lose that another source of income just because bitcoin is awesome.

I would love, but to do so I would need a monthly income that allows you to pay all my expenses.

I say its very rare for someone to go full time, because like you mentioned "expenses" can add up and the value of btc is far too low still to cover it.

The person would have to produce or have more btc to make up for the low value, overall.
aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2015, 04:19:15 PM

I say its very rare for someone to go full time, because like you mentioned "expenses" can add up and the value of btc is far too low still to cover it.

The person would have to produce or have more btc to make up for the low value, overall.
But in getting 100% with btc, a person have no limits on earning.
and also in case of some signature campaigns there is no limit on earning bitcoin and we have to decide that how much we want to earn weekly/biweekly/monthly

thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 11, 2015, 04:28:02 PM

and also in case of some signature campaigns there is no limit on earning bitcoin and we have to decide that how much we want to earn weekly/biweekly/monthly
Leaving your job to spend full time on signature campaigns is nonsense. You will never make enough money for it to be worth it and it's a dead end, once you reach Hero or sometimes Sr Member because most of the campaign runners are paying the same for Sr than for Hero and Legendary, you can't really make any more money. If you post something ridiculous like 100 post a day or something is just not worth the time, any regular job pays better. If one could outsource this somehow and make passive income and keep growing it would be worth it, but it depends on you being basically all day churning out posts which is impossible long term.
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:47:21 PM

Leaving your job to spend full time on signature campaigns is nonsense. You will never make enough money for it to be worth it and it's a dead end, once you reach Hero or sometimes Sr Member because most of the campaign runners are paying the same for Sr than for Hero and Legendary, you can't really make any more money. If you post something ridiculous like 100 post a day or something is just not worth the time, any regular job pays better. If one could outsource this somehow and make passive income and keep growing it would be worth it, but it depends on you being basically all day churning out posts which is impossible long term.
I think he is referring to creating much accounts and then doing signature campaign from all those.
But in my opinion it will be very very easy in first but as time passes by you will regret your decision of quitting your day job.
kampretkabur

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 04:52:13 PM

there are many online business available, not only bitcoin, if u sure u could get more by having many options, why not
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 05:08:12 PM

I think he is referring to creating much accounts and then doing signature campaign from all those.
But in my opinion it will be very very easy in first but as time passes by you will regret your decision of quitting your day job.

Even if he did that, it's way too much work, at current rates you would need about 2500 post a month to resemble anything that compares to a minimum wage in the european countries (and im talking about the south european countries, forget about making as much as germans etc).
The time spent would be insane. Literally from morning to night with no breaks from weekends. I don't think that's viable long term. Also again, you would need to tax your money, because how are you going to pay your bills then?
And if you want to buy a house or a car, you can't unless the money is taxed. You can only buy other less expensive stuff and hope you never get audited.
bitcollins85

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 01:34:02 PM

I would love working for a bitcoin related company and be paid regularly in bitcoin or any project related with bitcoin
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:06:46 PM

I would love working for a bitcoin related company and be paid regularly in bitcoin or any project related with bitcoin

There aren't any jobs being paid on Bitcoin beside niche stuff. I don't count signature campaign as a proper job or anything along the lines, so that isn't included.
Derrike

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 02:53:44 PM

Even if he did that, it's way too much work, at current rates you would need about 2500 post a month to resemble anything that compares to a minimum wage in the european countries (and im talking about the south european countries, forget about making as much as germans etc).
The time spent would be insane. Literally from morning to night with no breaks from weekends. I don't think that's viable long term. Also again, you would need to tax your money, because how are you going to pay your bills then?
And if you want to buy a house or a car, you can't unless the money is taxed. You can only buy other less expensive stuff and hope you never get audited.
Yes, that's what I have said in first place.
You have just exaggerated the thing what I said.
madonnino

Activity: 322

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 08:53:46 AM

i'd like to be the personal assistant of Roger Ver   Tongue Tongue Tongue and go to live in japan
kostya.ash

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 11:27:15 AM

You have great courage to leave your job in real life and working full-time in bitcoin.
What you do to get bitcoin every day ? daily trading ? selling stufs ? or make many clones on faucets ?  Tongue
And what do you do if bitcoin is not worthwhile anymore ?  Tongue
certainly need a lot of thinking to work full on bitcoin
of course he was ready before working full on bitcoin,

I was also curious, what do you do if the bitcoin is not worthwhile?
worldinacoin

Activity: 756

View Profile
August 14, 2015, 12:06:51 PM

I will, if I find a project in Bitcoin that I am interested in.
Andy4.4

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:21:58 AM

I will never do such a thing.
This is a very bad idea.
I know that it sounds amazing, but it will become boring to sit at home all time on computer.

And why don't you create a poll to see the results Huh
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 05:31:42 AM

This is a very bad idea.
I know that it sounds amazing, but it will become boring to sit at home all time on computer.

Why does having a job related to bitcoin mean you sit on your ass all day?
Bitcoin is just a currency you can do any sort of project, marketing, etc with it.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Andy4.4

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2015, 06:08:42 AM

This is a very bad idea.

Why does having a job related to bitcoin mean you sit on your ass all day?
Bitcoin is just a currency you can do any sort of project, marketing, etc with it.
how to do that without any computer Huh
Any explanation Huh
For me it is very risky though to quit my job and work 100% for Bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 350 »
  Print  

Jump to: