Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:49:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum is the future of crypto, bitcoin is not.  (Read 116471 times)
javalemcgee

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:04:39 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

We don't know this yet, however, I think most people here are aware how bitcoin is. Bitcoin has been famous ever since it boomed a few years ago. A lot of people became rich because of bitcoin. So, I think no other coin can do it for now. Bitcoin already established it's name and I think it will remain number one in the future.

Bitcoin has no smart contract and only rely on function as a medium of exchange, this innovation will be replaced by ethereum because many coins already believe it, and even eth is now beginning to be converted directly into fiat without going through bitcoin. Vitalik Butterin has a strong long-term plan especially if it happens hardfork and become POS according to the schedule and issues that appear at this time.

Well, that's right. But I think everything is not the technology in crypto world. For example bitcoin is a primitive example of the coins. But the demand for it is the highest when we think about the others. For sure, ethereum's unique infrastrucre cannot be avoided.
alan2here

Activity: 1778
Merit: 504

WorkAsPro

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:07:59 PM

Ethereum will be the best altcoin but it has not that high potential to replace bitcoin as bitcoin is too big in compare to ethereum and bitcoin will always be on top as a crypto.
Bitcoin is always the No. 1 market and no altcoin can replace Bitcoin at this time and in the future. I think it is hard to beat Bitcoin because this market is always attracting investors

████     ████     ████              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████    █████▄    ███               ████▀▀▀▀███▄
 ███▄   ██▀███   ████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ████    ▀███
 ▀███  ▄██  ██   ███                ████    ▄███
  ███  ██▀  ███ ▄███    ▄▄▄▄▄▄      ███████████▀
  ▀██▄ ██   ▀██ ███     ██████      ████
   ██████    ██████    ███  ███     ████
   ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▀▀▀▀
                      ███    ███
                     ████████████
                    ▄███      ███▄
                    ████      ████
....WorkAsPro...
First 
Crypto-powered
Freelance Service
....NO KYC...
0% Commission
....Fiverr Alternative...
Blockchain Voting System
    ▄█▀█▄
    █▄ ▄█
     ▀▀▀
▄▄  ▄███▄         █
██ ███ ██        █▀
██ ███ ██       ▄█
██ ███ ▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀
██ ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 █▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
  ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀█
▄█▀       ▀█▄ ▀█
▀▀         ▀▀  ▀▀
....Join us now...
masterkiller

Activity: 643
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:13:01 PM

The market cap of bitcoin is huge and I don't see Ethereum taking over bitcoin in future and bitcoin will always rule the crypto world but Ethereum will be the best altcoin.

▓▓▓▄             ▓▓▓▓
           ▓▓▀  ▀█▄        ▓▓▓   ▓▓
          ▓▓  ▓▄   ▀╗ ▓▓▓▓▓  ▓▓▓ ▓▓
         ▓▓ ▄▓▓▓▓▄              ▓▓ ▓▓
        ▐▓▌ ▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄    ▓ ▓
        ▓▓  ▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╬╦   ▓▓▓
      ▄▓▓▀  ▄▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀ ▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╦  ▓▓▓
    ▄▓▓▀    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▄  ▀▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▓▓
   ▄▓▓▓▓  ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀     ▓▓▓     ▀ ▀ ▄   ▓▓
    ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀             ▄     ▀▀  ▓▀
   ▓▓▀  ▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▄▓▓▀ ▄▄▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▄  ▄  ▓▓▓
  ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▌   ▓▓▓▌ ▀▀▓▓▓ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓██▓▓▓  ▓▓
 ▐▓▌        ▀▀▓▌ ╟▀▓▓▌▐▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▓▓▓▓▓   ╔    ▓▓
 ███▓▓▓▓▄▄        ▐▓▓ ▓▄▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▄      ▓▓
           ▀▀▀█▄     ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄       ▓ ▓▓
                 ▀█▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  ▀     
                     ▄▄
BETFURY 
№1 I-GAMING PLATFORM
WITH BTC DIVIDENDS

▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
     ▓▓▌  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓   ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓
 ▓▓▌ ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▀ ▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓ ▓ ▓  ▓▓▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▄▄▓▓ ▓▓  ▓▓█▌▓▓▓▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▀▓▓▄
▓▓▌  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓ ▓▓▓▓▓ ▓▓  ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀▀▓▓▌▓   ▐▓ ▓▓▓▓ ▓▓ ▀███▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▀▀▀▓▓▄▓▓▓     ▀▓▓▓▓ ▓▓▓  ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ ▄▓▓
                      ▀▓▓▀▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
                        ▌▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                         ▓▓▓▓▓▀ ▄▓▓▓▓▓▀▀
                          ▀▀█▀▀▀▀
Cotton Candy

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:15:17 PM

ETH will allow $2T of underground economy to become more structured (and possibly less underground) through DAOs.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/04/23/americas-2-trillion-shadow-economy-is-the-recessions-big-winner/

If it captures 1% of that $2T, it is equivalent to $20B, which would put ETH somewhere around $150. Those who sell for $2 will shit bricks, eat sand and may even commit suicide in the years to come. If it captures 10% of that ETH will be $1500. I know it sounds crazy, but so did the Internet in 1995.

Once it's launched their main focus will be on scalability, which I think is the real reason crypto is not ready for mainstream. Once they can handle 100K TPS (and I'm sure they will), it's game over.

There is a possibility that ethereum will be the one. Ethereums value is growing and among all those altcoins there are the leading ones and I see a lot of potential in them just what bitcoins are before. But we cannot say what will going to happen. According to their statistics they have been successful thoruhj this years so if they continue to grow like that there will be a higher chance that they can beat the bitcoins or they can surpass it in the future.
Philip Graham

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:39:08 PM

Both of them are our future like all cryptocurrency. It's normal for marketplace to be unstable
patrickmh

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 01:42:12 PM

Ethereum is the future of altcoin and will hold much higher price in future but its hard to agree that it can take position of bitcoin as bitcoin is the king of cryptos and it will maintain its position in future too.
Aizhen05

Activity: 205

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:42:38 PM

Ethereum will be the best altcoin but it has not that high potential to replace bitcoin as bitcoin is too big in compare to ethereum and bitcoin will always be on top as a crypto.
Bitcoin is always the No. 1 market and no altcoin can replace Bitcoin at this time and in the future. I think it is hard to beat Bitcoin because this market is always attracting investors
And as always know it is decentralized on all coin as being the number one coin we cant say that there is a coin that can beat bitcoin always at the center no altcoin can beat on that I agree with you because of lot of reason why it is the number one coin.
Hassan02

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:16:17 PM

There is a possibility that ethereum will be the one. Ethereums value is growing and among all those altcoins there are the leading ones and I see a lot of potential in them just what bitcoins are before. But we cannot say what will going to happen. According to their statistics they have been successful thoruhj this years so if they continue to grow like that there will be a higher chance that they can beat the bitcoins or they can surpass it in the future.

there is a possibility but that was just a speculation because as we all know bitcoin is the center of attraction of all currency. ethereum are growing but I don't think that it may surpass the bitcoin.
AleSergio

Activity: 378

BuyAnyLight - Blockchain LED Marketplace

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:26:54 PM

Ethereum has a great potential of growing and we can also see that a lot of new projects are being traded in pair only with ETH and not with btc. But bitcoin, don`t stay on one place and they are also improving themselves. We can not tell exactly how things are going to be, but it hink in future both of this currency have the potential of growing.
Correct Ethereum is stronger than bitcoin and it has a great potential. But the biggest problem is smart contracts and unfortunately ETh cannot handle such ammount of projects, thats why we have heard some negtive news about hack attacks and etc. I think if other projects that offer smart contracts will finnaly release their systems, ETH will feel its self a little bit more comfortable and than we will see a good growth.

▄▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███████████▄▄     
   ▄▄███████████████████▄▄ 
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
████      ▀██▀  ▀██  ████████
████  ███   █    ██  ████████
████       █  ██  █  ████████
████  ███            ████████
████         █████        ███
█████████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████▀▀ 
       ▀▀███████████▀▀     
            ▀▀▀▀▀           
.BUYANYLIGHT.

mkhadazz

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:35:18 PM

Altcoin which has such multi usability as ETH, is still elusive about various contracts or with markets such as etherdelta unfamiliar for newcomers in cryptoworld. Bitcoin still in front, because people have got used to it.
erep

Activity: 2324
Merit: 594

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:43:28 PM

ETH is not just a top altcoin. Its a platform to launch next-generation altcoins and tokens. But right now Bitcoin is dominating the market and hopefully, soon we will see ETH rise and shine like Bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
feelideb

Activity: 770
Merit: 101

fLibero.financial

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 05:54:13 PM

Actually ethereum has a lot of functions and its a coin that solve many business issues. Bitcoin on the other hand has a very significant use. It's anti-inflation by nature and if Nations adopt Bitcoin. It will definitely solve most of the World economic problems.

The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:20:38 PM

ethereum is better than bitcoin but which who dont known much about crypto world they only known bitcoin.
Ethereum is not better than bitcoin at all, it is a good coin and it has some good characteristics but that is all, bitcoin is the point of reference not only of people with a low amount of knowledge about cryptocurrencies but to everyone, most people in the forum have some amount of bitcoin even if that is only used to buy other altcoins, bitcoin is very dominant something similar to what happen to the US dollar when we talk about fiat.

That is right. I think Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash can do a lot if side chains are implemented.
I’m not an expert and I may be wrong on this but bitcoin is the only one that is trying to use side chains with the upcoming implementation of the lighting network, bitcoin cash in the other hand has chosen to do all its scaling in the network itself that is why they have 8MB blocks and as time passes and if the coin becomes successful they may go with bigger and bigger blocks.
caeles

Activity: 304

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:33:13 PM

I think it is not, because first of all bitcoin is the origin of all cryptocurrency. Also, bitcoin is the superior of all cryptocurrency, there is no altcoin that have surpassed bitcoin's value. Even ethereum is bitcoins rival, it still can't reach bitcoin's value. Most people use bitcoin rather than ethereum so it is not ethereum it is bitcoin which is the future of all cryptocurrency.

Bitmedrano040117

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:09:26 PM

ethereum is better than bitcoin but which who dont known much about crypto world they only known bitcoin.
Ethereum is not better than bitcoin at all, it is a good coin and it has some good characteristics but that is all, bitcoin is the point of reference not only of people with a low amount of knowledge about cryptocurrencies but to everyone, most people in the forum have some amount of bitcoin even if that is only used to buy other altcoins, bitcoin is very dominant something similar to what happen to the US dollar when we talk about fiat.

That is right. I think Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash can do a lot if side chains are implemented.
I’m not an expert and I may be wrong on this but bitcoin is the only one that is trying to use side chains with the upcoming implementation of the lighting network, bitcoin cash in the other hand has chosen to do all its scaling in the network itself that is why they have 8MB blocks and as time passes and if the coin becomes successful they may go with bigger and bigger blocks.

Well, I guess there is something that is not right anyway. It is because we all know that Bitcoin is the mother of all cryptocurrency, and we should never forget that. Then if ever there's somebody saying that there's an altcoin can replace bitcoin, well it just only a rumors. I will only believe if they overtake the price value of Bitcoin.
green547

Activity: 385

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:28:16 PM

Bitcoin and ethereum have a small total supply.  The number 1 spot in crypto will most likely have a much large supply to be closer to dollar value.
mercer007

Activity: 266

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 07:58:37 PM

IT seems like NEO is going to be the Future of Crypto
senzacionale

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:39:34 PM

onetwostep

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 08:48:13 PM

Bitcoin is the best. Ethereum has really good potential but it won't be main coin Smiley

Wishcoin.IO

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 08:49:09 PM

I believe altcoins will find their own niche, and those with the best model, investment attraction, following and support will gain the lions share in their sector. Bitcoin should and will remain on top unless a critical flaw is identified which another cryptocurrency can replace, however in that instance I believe Bitcoin would go on in the form of an officially supported fork anyway.

It's this security, stability yet complete flexibility that makes cryptocurrency a very attractive modern-day investment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: