Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:19:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198629 times)
stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 05:16:32 AM

I thought genjix had to eat catfood + bits of newspaper cause he was so poor ?

kinda seems like all these conflict of interests between certain people is the reason why some of you have been scammed.. multiple times now..

Wikipedia says he is  a professional poker player. Whatever that means.

GLBSE was Nefarios only source of income so now that its closed wtf do people think he's living off ?

I thought the doll.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 05:22:32 AM

I thought genjix had to eat catfood + bits of newspaper cause he was so poor ?

kinda seems like all these conflict of interests between certain people is the reason why some of you have been scammed.. multiple times now..

Wikipedia says he is  a professional poker player. Whatever that means.

GLBSE was Nefarios only source of income so now that its closed wtf do people think he's living off ?

I thought the doll dole.

FTFY. It took me a while to figure that one out. Something to do with Nefario, a blow up doll, and you really don't want to know the rest.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:27:35 AM

This phenomena can be seen in every scam then on this board.

business gone bad != scam
poor business skills != scam

+1

I think it's very sad that people who have the balls to pull off implementing "big services" for the bitcoin community and unfortunately fail and accidentally incur damage on the community are called scammers and receive so much hate.

I personally know or at least met a couple of these individuals and their enthusiasm for bitcoin and for freeing the people of the world and changing it for the better is astonishing and inspiring.

They've done a lot more for bitcoin and the ideas behind it than most of the cry-babies who lost their precious $$$ in these high risk low-regulation endeavours. Well, tough luck: be less greedy next time.

If you're pissed off now, read this: http://www.dgcmagazine.com/the-old-radical-how-bitcoin-is-being-destroyed/

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:26:59 AM

From reddit.

GLBSE needs to release the shareholder database. If the owners do not act we will release the email addresses of all the owners.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/12d3b6/glbse_needs_to_release_the_shareholder_database/

I personally know or at least met a couple of these individuals and their enthusiasm for bitcoin and for freeing the people of the world and changing it for the better is astonishing and inspiring.

Operating for-profit services which target the greedy is hardly altruistic.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 08:28:36 AM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 01:42:21 AM by Maged

+1

Not standing by your word, after promising again and again = scam

For whom did not pay attention, the problem with Nefario is that he promised up to the last minute that he did not fear the law "because... Bitcoin", and that's why he did not stay underground like SR nor asked for a qualified opinion in advance like a regular biz. And now he is again promising to clear his mess 4 weeks+ late while keeping hostage the assets of innocent bystanders, which marks a rarely high degree of assholery.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 09:23:46 AM

Well, tough luck: be less greedy next time.

I usually like your comments but I'm disappointed at this. So creating GLBSE was an inspiring endeavor, but investing in companies listed there is greed? I tend to think the opposite. By creating companies and taking the risk to invest in them and to trust the platform, we all made it happen. On top of that, while investing to make profit most have also invested in projects they wanted to support.

The way this thing is unfolding is terrible in every way. Yes, we should have found a better way to do business, I think everyone would agree on that at this point, but it's not entirely clear that the users have equal blame (e.g. through bandwagon effect) in this with Nefario. SR is doing fine even though it's pretty much centralized. He was unknown enough when he created the "black market", and it could have stayed that way. If not, he could have given up the CEO status and stayed away, or at least could have pretended to. As it is, he almost willingly screwed himself and us for no reason. There is no apparent connection with what he was advocating and what's happening now.

Also, he didn't get the scammer tag for screwing users.
paraipan
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: 1pirata

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 12:10:30 PM

So now another GLBSE partner has been disclosed?

1. Nefario
2. ColdHardFusion
3. theymos
4. bitcoin.me
5. da2ce7
6. genjix
7. ?
8. ?

chrisrico

bitdragon

Thats not all of them....

Interesting...

BTCitcoin: An Idea Worth Saving - Q&A with bitcoins on rugatu.com - Check my rep
TiuraZ

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 12:30:19 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that Nefario has somehow managed to loose/destroy/corrupt the database and now he is trying to play time to avoid the inevitable revealation that will make very many people very very angry, even more angry than those people who haven't received their BTC from GLBSE yet.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 12:35:43 PM

I have a sneaking suspicion that Nefario has somehow managed to loose/destroy/corrupt the database and now he is trying to play time to avoid the inevitable revealation that will make very many people very very angry, even more angry than those people who haven't received their BTC from GLBSE yet.

If he would come with this story we clearly know its a lie. Because he and his shareholders took precautions. Secure keys so that other shareholders can access db in case nefario dies and im absolutely sure they have backups in realtime and maybe weekly complete backups. Its stupid to think that all these precautions could die. So it would be a lie for sure. I dont want to think about the things following for nefario after such lie. I think the anger would be furious.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
TiuraZ

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:00:19 PM

If he would come with this story we clearly know its a lie. Because he and his shareholders took precautions. Secure keys so that other shareholders can access db in case nefario dies and im absolutely sure they have backups in realtime and maybe weekly complete backups. Its stupid to think that all these precautions could die. So it would be a lie for sure. I dont want to think about the things following for nefario after such lie. I think the anger would be furious.

Well, Nefario has presented some grand examples of great incompetence in the past when GLBSE was still operational and now after that it has been closed so I wouldn't wonder if something like that eventually popped out. When it was still working, it was very easy to download your whole trading history in a .CSV file. Also, when he closed Goat's assets, Nefario offered to give him a list of those who owned those assets, so he already knew how it can be done, but now, for some reason he won't do it for any of the issuers.

I also have a conspiracy theory, prepare your tin foil hat: Quite some portion of assets offered in GLBSE were near or plain scam. I won't post any names, but everybody sure know some examples. Wouldn't it be convenient for all of them, if this asset data just mysteriously disappeared so that no one couldn't make any claims and issuers just keep the BTC invested in their bonds and shares and whatever. Maybe a nice slice for Nefario for taking the blame.  Cool
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:22:29 PM

I also have a conspiracy theory, prepare your tin foil hat: Quite some portion of assets offered in GLBSE were near or plain scam. I won't post any names, but everybody sure know some examples. Wouldn't it be convenient for all of them, if this asset data just mysteriously disappeared so that no one couldn't make any claims and issuers just keep the BTC invested in their bonds and shares and whatever. Maybe a nice slice for Nefario for taking the blame.  Cool

I'm sure you're joking but it's really what effectively happened. Nefario is helping these scammers get away with it each passing day. Besides, there are issuers who maybe aren't scammers but just screwed up big time and wish the heat away; some of them will certainly use this as an opportunity to pocket the little money that's left in their assets and disappear, or blame GLBSE's shutdown for it.

Ultimately, do we believe that Nefario will release the personal information of these scammers? It would make him more liable. He couldn't even release the database yet and god knows when it will happen, if ever.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:32:20 PM

I think it's very sad that people who have the balls to pull off implementing "big services" for the bitcoin community and unfortunately fail and accidentally incur damage on the community are called scammers and receive so much hate.

Oh good, I guess everything must be alright then! Had me worried there.
So sorry for being hard on those astonishing and inspiring people like pirateat40, Team Bitcoinica and Nefario and Team.

I really don't understand why anyone would still defend Nefario. But hey, lovers gonna love!
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 01:34:13 PM

Ultimately, do we believe that Nefario will release the personal information of these scammers? It would make him more liable.

YES. That must be the real reason why he is not releasing the info. = GLBSE users are screwed big time.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 03:22:15 PM

Well, tough luck: be less greedy next time.

I usually like your comments but I'm disappointed at this. So creating GLBSE was an inspiring endeavor, but investing in companies listed there is greed?

Firstly: I got a bit carried away, I tend to be emotional in my morning-posts. Sorry 'bout that, guys.

No, investing too much is greed.

I didn't really mean to attack the investing itself, I had roughly BTC 450 in glbse in assets myself at one point (maybe worth 150 before the shutdown because of the decline of miners I didn't realize early enough) which I now consider to be largely worthless and on top of that unknown/lost.

What drove up my emotions was the fact that some people seem to have invested more money than they could afford to loose and now whine and threaten to use the very system we (at least I) trying to abolish or at least minimize. They put in too much because of greed and weren't prepared to let it go. They were happy to reap the high rewards but now that the high risk part plays out, they feel unfairly treated.

I can see people getting pissed if the Bitcoin balances are not returned, but we are not there yet. People will also be pissed when they find out that many asset holders didn't verify and the assets are gone.

All I'm trying to say really is probably: don't take things so fucking serious, that will just lead us back to where we already are.

I tend to think the opposite. By creating companies and taking the risk to invest in them and to trust the platform, we all made it happen. On top of that, while investing to make profit most have also invested in projects they wanted to support.

The way this thing is unfolding is terrible in every way. Yes, we should have found a better way to do business, I think everyone would agree on that at this point, but it's not entirely clear that the users have equal blame (e.g. through bandwagon effect) in this with Nefario.

SR is doing fine even though it's pretty much centralized. He was unknown enough when he created the "black market", and it could have stayed that way. If not, he could have given up the CEO status and stayed away, or at least could have pretended to. As it is, he almost willingly screwed himself and us for no reason. There is no apparent connection with what he was advocating and what's happening now.

I had a feeling GLBSE was doomed to fail back when Nefario introduced version 2.0. I liked the interface of version one and the anonymity. Don't know what would've happened had he continued like that. I was of the impression that he would've liked to... maybe it was pressure from the new investors at that point that made them try to go legit in this half-baked way. I don't know the full story.

Let's see what will fill the void glbse has left us with.

• Colored coins and distributed bond market, smart property and that stuff is interesting, but there's still problems and we don't know how it will play out.
  • A totally legit Bitcoin Stock Exchange... I'm not sure I want that

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 05:05:59 PM

+1

There is no way that statement could be further from what happened here. It's diametrically opposed. What is very sad is people capable of confusing the diametrically opposed somehow finding the keyboard.

Enthusiasm is no substitute. For anything.

The enthusiast, when lacking any other redeeming feature (such as, in this case, the most basic of any skill, any sort of morals or even cursory socialization) are a significant liability to any endeavor, no matter how simple. Even when merely digging ditches, the enthusiastically stupid are dangerous.

They've done a lot more for bitcoin and the ideas behind it than most of the cry-babies who lost their precious $$$ in these high risk low-regulation endeavours. Well, tough luck: be less greedy next time.

This is false. All Nefario has done is give BTC securities a black eye, and this is counting only his first year in operation with that bullshit non-thing that he promoted as "a btc exchange", and completely glossing over the past few months. In general, all this sort of people can do is ruin things.

I can appreciate you hate money in general and rich people in particular, would prefer to live in a world of the gleefully incompetent and truth-by-consensus and display a number of other mental issues in glaring, jarring colors. However, all these are your own, again, mental issues, which you should be resolving. Preferably, with medically qualified help.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Monster Tent

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 07:49:38 PM

As MPOE-PR says, Nefario dug a hole without asking the council where the gas pipes were and people wonder why theres a smoking crater where the house used to be. Or he could just be a psycopath and this was all a long con.

Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 08:12:19 PM

As MPOE-PR says, Nefario dug a hole without asking the council where the gas pipes were and people wonder why theres a smoking crater where the house used to be. Or he could just be a psycopath and this was all a long con.

Bitcoin is a psycopaths wet dream.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 09:15:45 PM

..... Or he could just be a psycopath and this was all a long con.

Psychopaths are unlikely to be able to perform such a con.

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 10:49:59 PM

..... Or he could just be a psycopath and this was all a long con.

Psychopaths are unlikely to be able to perform such a con.

No but sociopaths can. 

Just so.

I behooves us all to remember that despite what the uninformed media would have us believe,  "path" at the end of a word does not mean "evil genius".

vrtrasura

Activity: 62

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:34:21 PM

I don't understand why he can't tell the asset issuers who their investors are despite shutting down.  Why is that part illegal?  We could be working things out with the people we loaned btc to directly if we had a way to show them we invested with them.
Pages: « 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: