Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:11:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198627 times)
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:13:05 AM

When Nefario blackmailed me & the IceHill team by saying he'd unlock our securities if we allowed a swap option, he kept writing "equity steak." I've never forgiven him for repeatedly writing "steak" -- if nothing else, he needs a scammer tag for that.

inb4 "oh, look who's talking!"

(ETA: Fwiw, Nefario's been pretty helpful with me in solving problems since then)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 02:13:33 AM

Why must GLBSE be shut down? Can the other owners just take over the operation? According to Nefario, the entire operation can easily be moved to another server. What does Nefario have that allows him to hold GLBSE hostage?

he registered it all witha  credit card so if glbse sets up elsewhere he will still be legally liable. GLBSE is illegal EVERYWHERE.

If yo8u approach the government and notify them then they tell you to close if you go ahead and keep operating youre in the shit.

Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:15:21 AM

well, back to square one: trust noone
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:17:30 AM

Can we finally wake up and realize it's not safe to hold unregulated capital markets in centralized Web services operated by anonymous and quite possibly Nefarious individuals?

There are alternatives.  The truth is out there.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:18:41 AM

well, back to square one: trust noone

Well, I managed to not lose any bitcoin via sheer inactivity in the economy.  Grin

Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:18:55 AM

When Nefario blackmailed me & the IceHill team by saying he'd unlock our securities if we allowed a swap option, he kept writing "equity steak." I've never forgiven him for repeatedly writing "steak" -- if nothing else, he needs a scammer tag for that.

inb4 "oh, look who's talking!"

(ETA: Fwiw, Nefario's been pretty helpful with me in solving problems since then)

where is the like the post button?
kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:19:56 AM

Can we finally wake up and realize it's not safe to hold unregulated capital markets in centralized Web services operated by anonymous and quite possibly Nefarious individuals?

If someone can figure out how to operate anonymous corporations that are nonetheless ethical and is held responsible, they will rake in the dough.

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:21:16 AM

Kludge: Maybe it's time you splurged the hefty sum of 20 bitcoin to move over to the one exchange that actually works. By "actually works" I mean charges 1/4 as much per transaction as GLBSE does, is down an infinity percent less and in general has an infinity percent fewer issues, troubles, problems, defects and so forth.

Nefario: You are obviously unqualified to be anywhere near a project of the complexity of an exchange, even for play money (which I suspect BTC are, for most of you here, at least judging on behavior records). I will make you precisely one offer to buy the thing from you, so you get to actually make some money for all your effort over the past year, as misguided and mismanaged as it may have been, rather than have to walk away from a worthless wreck (like Zou Thong/Amir&co have with Bitcoinica). If you have half the maturity you should have to be involved in all this you will take this offer seriously, and consider your options carefully. Feel free to make contact via pm or in #bitcoin-otc-eu.

No offesne, but what will prevent the SEC from hammering down on you?

legolouman

Activity: 504

Decent Programmer to boot!

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:22:13 AM

If someone can figure out how to operate anonymous corporations that are nonetheless ethical and is held responsible, they will rake in the dough.

Getting off topic, but I don't think it is possible at this point.

If you are an anonymous entity, no one will trust you.

If you are a known entity, you aren't anonymous.

If you love me, you'd give me a Satoshi!
BTC - 1MSzGKh5znbrcEF2qTrtrWBm4ydH5eT49f
LTC - LYeJrmYQQvt6gRQxrDz66XTwtkdodx9udz
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 02:25:57 AM

So if you want to remain anonymous, you go penniless?

GLBSE should have been done as a Silk Road clone.  You guys were practically waving a red cape at the SEC/FBI/TPTB bulls.  It was destined to end in tears.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:26:22 AM

Why cant it be set up using Tor? Im trying to follow all the posts, but am i correct to assume that he decided to shut down the GLBSE because he went to a lawyer or government entity and was told what he was doing is illegal and better shut down?

If so, hand the reigns over to the shareholders and let them take the database and he can just go away.. But leave everything else intact.. Not the simplest thing to do, but its possible and shouldn't take too much time.. Unless, of course, he's a pulling a scam..

So, whats going to happen with all the stockholders in bonds like Gigavps, and the like?

chrisrico

Activity: 496

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:28:24 AM

Why cant it be set up using Tor?

Since no fiat currency is involved, it very well could be.

If so, hand the reigns over to the shareholders and let them take the database and he can just go away.. But leave everything else intact..

He refused this option. He stated that he was still liable for everything that had been done up until this point. By that, I infer that if he shuts down now in this particular way (regardless of the shareholder's wishes, and holding user and shareholder money under AML ransom), then he will no longer be liable for his actions up until this point.

Everything about this to me says that Nefario is selling out everyone involved in GLBSE to save his own ass.
Atlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:30:07 AM

Heh, I got out of there right at the last second. Again.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:30:35 AM

Kludge: Maybe it's time you splurged the hefty sum of 20 bitcoin to move over to the one exchange that actually works. By "actually works" I mean charges 1/4 as much per transaction as GLBSE does, is down an infinity percent less and in general has an infinity percent fewer issues, troubles, problems, defects and so forth.

Nefario: You are obviously unqualified to be anywhere near a project of the complexity of an exchange, even for play money (which I suspect BTC are, for most of you here, at least judging on behavior records). I will make you precisely one offer to buy the thing from you, so you get to actually make some money for all your effort over the past year, as misguided and mismanaged as it may have been, rather than have to walk away from a worthless wreck (like Zou Thong/Amir&co have with Bitcoinica). If you have half the maturity you should have to be involved in all this you will take this offer seriously, and consider your options carefully. Feel free to make contact via pm or in #bitcoin-otc-eu.

For one, if there were any legitimate SEC concern they'd have sent word. You don't talk to the small players (ie, GLBSE with it's 10% of the market) without talking to the big players (ie, MPEx, with its 80-90%).

For the other, we're prepared to see the matter to court.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:32:40 AM

Why cant it be set up using Tor?

Since no fiat currency is involved, it very well could be.

If so, hand the reigns over to the shareholders and let them take the database and he can just go away.. But leave everything else intact..

He refused this option. He stated that he was still liable for everything that had been done up until this point. By that, I infer that if he shuts down now in this particular way (regardless of the shareholder's wishes, and holding user and shareholder money under AML ransom), then he will no longer be liable for his actions up until this point.

Everything about this to me says that Nefario is selling out everyone involved in GLBSE to save his own ass.

Its not hard to get a new domain name, change the look of the website and he puts up a discloser on the glbse.com site that he no longer has anything to do with glbse... If its not on his domain name that he owns, I hardly see him with any liability...

The main thing that matters is the data in the database...
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:35:07 AM

For one, if there were any legitimate SEC concern they'd have sent word. You don't talk to the small players (ie, GLBSE with it's 10% of the market) without talking to the big players (ie, MPEx, with its 80-90%).

Did i just read that as i setup shop in a back water country with laws that dont care about my little operation?
Red Emerald

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2012, 02:35:44 AM

This is too bad.  Looks like we really do need a decentralized alternative to GLBSE.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:35:56 AM

Let's look on the bright side! Prison offers a great opportunity to catch up on reading. I've had "Discipline" sitting on a shelf for months, always in the back of my mind.

It may also provide Issuers the chance to hassle employees of the federal government. I have a HUGE cache of dumb shit I've been saving from inane mental conversations for an investigation. For example, "Sir, if you keep pointing the finger at me, I'm going to have to start calling you investi-ALLIgators - because, because.... get it?!"
Coinoisseur

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:37:32 AM

Nefario plans to use that half-arsed method he used to delist Goat? O M F G

Any Bitcoinglobal shareholder that thinks that is a good idea should never be part of any other business.

╓▄▌██P                  
                                                 ╔▄▌███▀███▌                   
                                           ▄▄▌██▀▀╚  ╓██╩██                    
                                     ▄▄███▀▀╙      ▄██  ▓█                     
                               ▄▌███▀▀+          ▄█▀   ▐█                      
                        ,▄▌███▀▀¬              ▓█▀     █▄                      
                  ,▄▌███▀▀                  ,██▀      █▌                       
               '█████▌▄▄,                 ╓██╩       ██                        
                  ▀██▌▐▀▀▀█████▌▌▄▄╓    ▄██¬        ▄█                         
                     ▀██▄        ╚▀▀▀████          ▐█═                         
                        ▀██▄        ▓█▀██          █▀                          
                           ▀██▄  ,██▀   █µ        ██                           
                              ▀███Z     ██       ██                            
                                ▐██     ▐█      ▄█                             
                              ,,╓╓█▓▄▌   █▌    ▐█U                             
                        º▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███   ▀█    █▌                              
                          ▀█▓▓▓▓▓████▀█▌  █▌  ██                               
                            ▀███████▌  ▀█µ▀█ ██                                
                              ▀█████     ███▓█                                 
                                ▐███      ▀██Ñ                                 
                                            ▀                             

kiba
Legendary

View Profile
October 06, 2012, 02:37:40 AM

Or maybe they just don't know about you?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: