Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:26:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119340 times)
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:30:14 PM

Love the staking now i have 4 time what i had to start....................

hellz yeah, it takes a bit for the wallet to build it's momentum up but then it starts staking like a champ... some days I only find 3 or 4 blocks and other days 10+

lol just found a 9.26 as I was writing this  Cool

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 05:30:49 PM

Surprised Bittrex didn't really help price. Guess a coin still needs a use.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:58:27 PM

Surprised Bittrex didn't really help price. Guess a coin still needs a use.

Honestly I don't think it's surprising.

Interesting innovation here, which is great, but besides that it seems there's not much going on. I still wonder if the dev has further plans. I've tried to reach a few times, as a community member, to no avail.

Swing rewards are original and the development shouldn't stop there. It has great room for a long road with the proper choices made. What is the purpose of a market listing other than create speculation on further development? It's not like the current state itself has enough value for demand.

Even if the staking is great, what's its use when it has no value market wise?

Don't get me wrong, I'm on the supporting side. Just wondering what kind of work is being done.

I have some ideas for it, maybe we can all discuss something.

*Edit: This is open source, don't forget that. Some time, we'll get somebody forking this and adding other features on top of it. So I really think something should be done to protect the holders of Greed, GE and Swing, before new based-like projects come along.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
hashmaster1

Activity: 851

Do You Even Onion Bro?

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 06:47:42 PM

I was just wondering why some days it does not stake so fare this week it mist 3 days of staking and i don't understand that i never shut  the wallet off .....

█████████████████████████████▒
               ▒███████████████████████████████▓░
             ▒████▓                         ░▓███▒░░
         ░▒▓████▓░                            ░▓███▓▓▒▒░░
▓▓▓▓▓████████▓▒               ░░░▒▒▒▒▒░         ░▒█████████▓▓▓▓▓
████████▓▒▒░              ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▒         ░░▒▒████████
▓██▓                   ░▒▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓███▒░             ███▓
▒███                 ░▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█████▒░         ▓▓█░
░█▓█░               ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓█████▓██░     ▓███░
 ▓██▓             ▒██▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒░  ░▓█▓      ███▓
 ▒█▓█░           ▓█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒░░░░░▒▒░ ░▒░░▓███▓      ▒███▒
  █▓█▓          ▓█▓▒▓▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒▒░░▒▒▓█████░      ███▓
  ▒█▓█░        ░██▓▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▓▒░ ░░░ ░░▒▒▓▓▓▓▓█▒█░     ▓███▒
   ▓▓▓▓        ███▒░░░░░▒░░░▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓ █░    ▒███▒
   ░▓▓▓▓   ░▒▒ █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓▒░▒░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓ ▒█    ░████▒
    ░▓▒▓▒ ░▓████▓▓▓▒▒▒▓▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  ██   ░████▒
     ▒▓▓██  ▓████▓▒▒░░░░░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░▒░▒▒░ ░██▒  ░████▒
      ▓████  ░██████▓▓▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░  ░███▓  ░████░
       ▒████   ▓█▓░█████▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░▒▓████░  ▒████▒
        ░████▒  ▒░   ▒██████▓▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓██████▓░   ▓████▒
          ████▓         ░▒▓██████████████▓░░    ░████▓
           ▒████▒                              ▓████░
             ▓████░                          ▒████▒
              ░████▓░                      ▒████▓
                ░████▓░                  ▒████▓░
                  ░████▓░              ▒████▓░
                     ░▓████▒          ▓████▒░
                       ░▒████▓░    ▒████▓▒
                          ░▓████▓▓████▓░
                             ▒█████▓░
                               ░▒▒░
✬✬✬✬✬

fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:55:53 PM

I was just wondering why some days it does not stake so fare this week it mist 3 days of staking and i don't understand that i never shut  the wallet off .....

stake weight seems to grow pretty slow... if you were getting a lot more blocks before be sure to close and restart the wallet and see if that helps

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 11:54:49 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 12:14:37 AM by murderouskirk

I've tried to reach a few times, as a community member, to no avail.

I've answered that before i believe but I agree that now is a good time to talk about it again, so let's discuss in more detail.

What is the purpose of a market listing other than create speculation on further development?

First of all this is exactly what we are trying to avoid here. In my honest opinion speculation on further development is dumb, stale, and deceptive.

I understand wanting more market movement, but if you want that movement from drama centered around my work ethic I can't say I agree even slightly that that's a good idea. It will only lead to drama, fud, bad pumpers, and the death of swing. Instead, why don't we try to add value to Swing rather than temporarily inflating the price through development promises (..then getting angry when the price inevitably returns to where it started)?

*Edit: This is open source, don't forget that. Some time, we'll get somebody forking this and adding other features on top of it. So I really think something should be done to protect the holders of Greed, GE and Swing, before new based-like projects come along.

I have some ideas for it, maybe we can all discuss something.

Yup, Swing IS open source.

People can fork it and add features and try to sell you whatever they call their Swing fork sure.. And you can dump your Swing and buy up the clone with all it's fancy sparkling promises over and over..

or.. OR..

We could use the same open source environment to improve Swing as a collective.. like strong alt-coins do.

Here's an example. Lately I've been looking into charting API's in order to see if I can make a more informative website that helps track Swing across multiple exchanges. I'm not going to make any promises on this, but I am seeing if I can accomplish something that adds value to the coin and if I can I'll release it. I'm not making promises to inflate the price, I'm just seeing if I can add value on my own time. If I can i'll pitch it to the community, if I can't but I think it could happen with help, I'll reach out and see what the community think of my ideas!

So here's where I stand on this and what I've been thinking here.

I've been planning on making a call for Swing holders & developers & other interested parties to come together for Swing community update #1.

Swing is doing awesome in my eyes so far. The market movement may be a little slow, but it's pretty damn stable and picking up more and more interest. The community is growing and with that more activity will follow down the road to trade on.

There is plenty of room for improvement though. I'm sure all of you could think of ways to add value to Swing, and these are things that should be discussed. Ideas should be pitched, the validity and impact of them should be considered, and if they are good ideas the course of action needed to make it should be discussed. We need to nurture an environment where this can happen to survive. Where improvements and adding value isn't dependent on the original developer. Otherwise everyone is just waiting around hoping for/expecting me to make the usual promises that temporarily inflate price for a quick buck. And when that inevitably fails or misteps I get crucified  Undecided.

So.. Swing community update #1

Here's my thinking for this.

There are some minor core improvements I can make and have considered making. However, since they are minor and not really causing any problems the negative impact of having to push an update outweighs the improvements that would come from it.

So.. I've decided it's best to pull together an agreed upon community created update with all the upgrades we can settle on before pushing out a chain upgrade. Ideally this first update would be focused on core integrity. With altcoins these days being built upon eachother over and over things inevitably fall behind. What BIPS can we add/fix/improve? Should we adjust any settings? Introduce a tax? Change the block size? Security improvements? Can we get the code for these updates together and review/improve it further it as a community? Once we pull together a large enough update that the community thinks it's worth pushing out, we make the updates go live and continue from there. If we really want Swing to grow strong and thrive and get that activity we want to trade on, this is where we need to focus. Improving swing as a collective, not betting on the rise and fall of yet another lead dev.

It would probably help us proceed with the update if I start a side thread or a subreddit or something, but I'll let some responses and discussion happen first.
Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:14:43 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 03:59:04 AM by Woody20285

Interesting - I was having the discussion with a friend recently.
I think everyone wants marketing (new users to raise price),
quality block explorer/richlist (i.e. presstab or many other quality ones),
website, wheel and dice (so they can gamble their coins) and more development.

They just expect the developer to foot the cost of everything - forever.
I think a small TX for development and extras would not be missed by
anyone but could provide an increase in price. Only question is what is
a reasonalble Tx.

Edit: I think all coins should consider this from the start. Recently DennisLevy,
Crestington and me donated to continue presstab explorer for Con.
shapetwist

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:26:25 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 10:14:04 PM by shapetwist

Reserve

*Edit: No point to go further with this post, since I explained my vision a few posts down.

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2015, 03:29:34 AM

a reasonalble Tx.

I think all coins should consider this from the start. Recently Kevin 1234,

really did i ............ am not sure but happy to donate my 50% of stake for swing which will be 100 swing for the purpose. just set them aside in wallet so all stakes will be for the development

address SWcQDG13WKmbGA3ePNJLDEtwon1xecAf3M
screen grab http://prntscr.com/8kwzib

murderouskirk and woody you guys let me know if you have any other address where i can send or just ask me whenever you need these funds

cheers

Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 04:06:18 AM

Kevin1234: Great - it is just a suggestion but, very cool of you to jump in.
                 If MurderousKirk posts an address, I'm in and am
                 sure others would donate too!
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:19:58 AM

What exactly are we talking about donating for?

a reasonalble Tx.

Edit: I think all coins should consider this from the start. Recently DennisLevy,

Keep in mind a transaction tax just goes to miners / stakers when they break a new block. Unless you make some considerable changes you can't have the tx fee go to a dev fund.

Those are some good suggestions for moving Swing forward though! All of those things could help Swing get more attention.
irwanjabryg

Activity: 980
Merit: 512

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 11:00:37 AM

What exactly are we talking about donating for?

a reasonalble Tx.

Keep in mind a transaction tax just goes to miners / stakers when they break a new block. Unless you make some considerable changes you can't have the tx fee go to a dev fund.

Those are some good suggestions for moving Swing forward though! All of those things could help Swing get more attention.

I hope it does not break a promise dev, dev Siingular proof that a lot of reasons and a lack of funds, many end up harming others
shapetwist

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:37:50 PM

What is the purpose of a market listing other than create speculation on further development?

First of all this is exactly what we are trying to avoid here. In my honest opinion speculation on further development is dumb, stale, and deceptive.

I understand wanting more market movement, but if you want that movement from drama centered around my work ethic I can't say I agree even slightly that that's a good idea. It will only lead to drama, fud, bad pumpers, and the death of swing. Instead, why don't we try to add value to Swing rather than temporarily inflating the price through development promises (..then getting angry when the price inevitably returns to where it started)?

I'm just gonna quote what I don't agree on.

It's pretty clear there's some sort of misunderstanding. It has nothing to do with your work ethic. Alas, it would be naive to figure markets are to be avoided when a new currency is created. Not sure if you are aware, I believe so though, but this model is a fantastic solution to many of our known currency issues.

My issue is, regarding this specific quoted topic, exactly what you pointed out: value. It has an inherent factor that is speculation, something that only exists when value is attached. I'm not in favor of vaporware nor deception. I'm asking what is in the pipes as for now, since it seems this awesome reward system isn't enough to grab attention.

I believe something should be done to bring this forward to other audiences. It's an important development and it has little supporters.

Regarding all your other points that I didn't quote, I absolutely agree on all, and again I state my willingness to help if needed.

Thanks for the good work. Hope you understand what I mean.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:33:58 PM

Alright, so so far what I'm seeing we want to approach is:

Marketing
Block Explorer / Rich list
New Website
Wheel and Dice (Yobit already has dice im pretty sure)

Also I do agree with you Shapetwist.

My only concern/point is that I've seen alts die by the fistfull because they got their entire value from promises of new development. Not the actual development mind you, the promise of new developments coming. That's what I want to avoid because I think it will kill Swing and create an angry mob. Anon transactions.. encrypted messaging.. masternodes.. decentralized this and that.. etc.. etc.. we see it over and over. They promise the development and make a roadmap, price goes up.. probably get pumped, and when it does/doesn't release or is late because the lead dev was busy or hit walls the price tanks and everyone gets pissed off and it's game over. In the end nobody cared at all about the developments because they never actually added much value.. they just created an excuse for a temporary price increase and that's what people were buying / exiting on.

My point is just that if we want to improve and add REAL value to Swing in whatever manner we think is appropriate, we need to do it realistically. Outline what we want and figure out how to get it as a community. If we can do that and keep doing that Swing will grow very strong. Operating in this manner adds value not because the dev made a promise, but because the community/coin is capable of evolving and improving over time with or without the dev.. and what will it do next??

Swing is still holding pretty strong, stable, and honestly I think it's still gaining more traction even though we aren't seeing big price waves right now. Let's nurture it and we will grow into something awesome. Smiley

shapetwist

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 08:43:33 PM

My point is just that if we want to improve and add REAL value to Swing in whatever manner we think is appropriate, we need to do it realistically. Outline what we want and figure out how to get it as a community. If we can do that and keep doing that Swing will grow very strong. Operating in this manner adds value not because the dev made a promise, but because the community/coin is capable of evolving and improving over time with or without the dev.. and what will it do next??

This is what I'm talking about. Thanks for addressing my concerns!
I hope there is enough force within the community to make things happen.

I'm glad you didn't take it as a dev-based issue, because it's not. It's obvious that investors want the best for Swing, but they need to put something more than their btc in it if we want to go forward.

Let's create a community and figure out where to go next.

Thanks murderouskirk

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:01:37 PM

I'm glad you didn't take it as a dev-based issue, because it's not. It's obvious that investors want the best for Swing, but they need to put something more than their btc in it if we want to go forward.

Thanks murderouskirk

Sure, and thanks for your honest constructive input! Smiley

It may take a little while for us to get there, but I think starting with the basics listed above is a great way to make progress.

The one that sticks out to me is the BE/Rich list. I think a higher quality one would be great too. I've always been a fan of Chainz.

So here's what we need to figure out. Which BE do we want to get listed on and how much will it cost?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/index.php
shapetwist

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:11:20 PM

Thanks murderouskirk

It may take a little while for us to get there, but I think starting with the basics listed above is a great way to make progress.

The one that sticks out to me is the BE/Rich list. I think a higher quality one would be great too. I've always been a fan of Chainz.

So here's what we need to figure out. Which BE do we want to get listed on and how much will it cost?

We can go with chainz for the time being but improve the website and host our own BE. This is something I can provide, and I welcome any help from the community.

Webwallets should figure too. Not that hard.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 09:13:31 PM

Thanks murderouskirk

We can go with chainz for the time being but improve the website and host our own BE. This is something I can provide, and I welcome any help from the community.

Web wallet would be neat, especially if they can stake.

Alright I'll try to figure out how much a chainz wallet costs.
shapetwist

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:05:18 PM

Thanks murderouskirk

Web wallet would be neat, especially if they can stake.

Alright I'll try to figure out how much a chainz wallet costs.

It would be a pretty neat advance on a web staking wallet.

Anyway, Android staking is possible. I'll try to get a quote.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 10:38:51 PM

Had a good discussion with Shapetwist about how we can progress swing. I'll make some comments on it later.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: