Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:10:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119340 times)
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 12:29:41 PM

Why do you state POW in the Title when there is now POW ?!

There is a POW for the movement of network Wink else coins will be stucked.

Huh

And whats that then:

The coin will be ICO friendly, meaning. NO POW as with all those big mining farms, it is terrible and it doesn't give people fair chance to mine enough coins, those mining farms are mining 80% of all coins, all for free. only electricity cost and most of the time those big mining farms are located in countries with a electricty cost of almost nothing. So I don't need any mining pools. This is different then with ROSCoin as miners dumped a lot and put some pressure on the ICO price of ROS.

Indeed, i don't need mining pool, people can solo mine those blocks, don't worry, the block values will be like 0.000001

Yeah but why not directly POS then Huh POW is not necessarily needed for chain movement, lots of POS only coins move flawless too and its much more secure to have a POS only coin instead of a POW/POS Hybrid with 0.000001 rewards where there is a possibility to fork it with big hash especially when there are no pools/big miners.

Then again... I just found this post from ocminer (guess you all know him: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=43526). Different coin, but principles should be same, right?

Assuming POS works flawlessly and never has any hangups or speed issues (which it hopefully would) he is correct. POW would not be needed to keep the chain moving. POW does however act like a redundant backup motor in case of POS failures. POS failures are almost always unexpected and unprepared for, which is why as a dev leaving POW in means less stress.

To be clear, I do think setting rewards that low comes with its own set of issues (such as POW difficulty manipulation).

If we were to reduce POW I'd rather see miners earning something like 25% - 50% of what stakeholders do than 1 satoshi POW blocks. That or just end POW.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
opmac

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 22, 2016, 01:41:04 PM

Thanks for the update dev.

Just good to hear you are still active with project.

As you made reference of so many deadbeat devs with P n D scam coins.
Nice to keep stake holders in the loop

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2016, 07:11:41 PM

Let's talk more about POW, and what impact removing it would actually have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9mpTJluTM

Kostolany, Jr.

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 03:02:28 PM

Let's talk more about POW, and what impact removing it would actually have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2M9mpTJluTM

Oh boy, you're actually right about POW inflation, it trully decreases it...
Well, then, if we want lower inflation, we could just lower POW reward... but how, that is the question...
'cos just lowering the percentage of reward for POW doesn't solves the rounding problem, right?

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:02:55 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 11:38:39 AM by murderouskirk

Oh boy, you're actually right about POW inflation, it trully decreases it...
Well, then, if we want lower inflation, we could just lower POW reward... but how, that is the question...
'cos just lowering the percentage of reward for POW doesn't solves the rounding problem, right?

Yeah. It seems so.

We don't necessarily have to cut the rewards back by a percentage like we currently do to cut POW rewards back. We can setup a fully hardcoded cycle, or find something new.

Just spitballing ideas now, I got to thinking about POW options a bit. It's possible we could set it up as a bit of a "jackpot" schema. For example, maybe have a cycle that raises the reward from 0.00 to 99.99 over the course of a month or longer. Then, we set it up so that there is only a chance of a reward. Most blocks would pay out next to nothing and cancel out inflation, but if you're lucky you could get rewarded with a block that feels large to the miner. This keeps miners interested and mining, while still keeping inflation in check. However, initial issues with this idea include deciding when to pay out a "jackpot" block without throwing rounding errors, and what sort of reward cycle we want to have. I think it could be accomplished though..

I'd like to hear more reward schema ideas though. They don't even necessarily have to be good or fleshed out, small unused ideas can be used to build bigger and better things.

Ask yourselves this and brainstorm a little:

How would you design a rewards system that might cause market movement?

Keep in mind increasing inflation often causes prices to decrease, and increasing scarcity often causes a price increase.

Consider that it's very possible you all have a better understanding of economics and price movement than me as well. How do YOU think we could make Swing swing?

(Oh, and should we try to get the chainz explorer back? We should figure out how much that would cost.)
opmac

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:53:50 PM

Block rewards now seem pretty low for POW

I find it hard to even point my miners to mine SWING. The power it consumes and the rewards I make are not worth it.

Myself would not be interested in a jackpot system.

But I am still in total support of SWING!!!

But by making POW block rewards even less people will be forced to buy SWING if they want more and not wait for staking.
If that is the case I would defiantly not mine SWING anymore. And yes that should help to drive up the price

Maybe see if you can get is listed on a multi pool where they payout in SWING

Something like hashpool.co or hashgoal.com

I would probably contact hashgoal.com first. He seems like a good guy. I think he would get on board to list SWING as a coin payout option.
Then he would be forced to buy SWING to pay us. I would point my miners to his site if that was the case. I have used him before with another coin
and it seemed to work pretty good.

Just my 2 cents from a miners standpoint.

Woody20285
Legendary

Activity: 1218

Supporting DMD, ERC & PIO

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 10:22:04 PM

I agree with the multi-pool Idea with payout in swing.
It is working well with several coins improve price while
allowing miners to accumulate
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:13:32 AM

..multi-pool Idea with payout in swing.

This is something we have actually tried. We never got enough community support to get listed on major milti-pools. We got listed on a couple small ones but there were no miners on them and I believe we eventually got removed. On top of that getting added meant pre-existing MP miners would mine and dump swing to trade out for their favored currency, rather than the opposite.

It's an idea that I like and can work well, but has to be done right and actually needs miners. Might even need a custom MP designed specifically for Swing.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 01:44:38 AM

This is something we have actually tried. We never got enough community support to get listed on major milti-pools. We got listed on a couple small ones but there were no miners on them and I believe we eventually got removed. On top of that getting added meant pre-existing MP miners would mine and dump swing to trade out for their favored currency, rather than the opposite.

It's an idea that I like and can work well, but has to be done right and actually needs miners. Might even need a custom MP designed specifically for Swing.

I have SWING on my pool, www.zpool.ca, which pays out in any currency mined including SWING from any algo. Only caveat is that the pool only pays from what gets mined so you just need to keep an eye on the pool stats. If the currency is listed in RED, it means there are more SWING miners then there is SWING blocks being mined.

Cheers

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
opmac

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:58:00 AM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 10:01:58 AM by opmac

I have SWING on my pool, www.zpool.ca, which pays out in any currency mined including SWING from any algo. Only caveat is that the pool only pays from what gets mined so you just need to keep an eye on the pool stats. If the currency is listed in RED, it means there are more SWING miners then there is SWING blocks being mined.

Cheers

Hi thanks. Good to know. I will try it out.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:42:11 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 04:40:48 PM by murderouskirk

Cheers

Thanks! I'll be sure to add you to the ANN shortly. My apologies if I accidentally pulled it from the ANN when I was cleaning up. There was a bunch of dead pools on the list.

Hi thanks. Good to know. I will try it out.

Let us know how it goes. Smiley

What I think we really need is a pool that actually uses profits to buy Swing directly off the market. As far as I can tell zpool doesn't do this (i could be wrong). Does anyone know of pools that do?

Ideally I'd love a pool that:

1. Lets miners point hash from nicehash or in-house rigs
2. Keeps track of contributions
3. Points all the hash at AntPool or another major bitcoin pool
4. Deposits the profits onto Bittrex once we get over 0.0005 BTC.
5. Purchases Swing off Bittrex
6. Distributes the Swing to workers based on contribution.

(Or something similar)
opmac

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:01:53 PM

I messaged the owner of HASHGOAL.com last night and swing is now a payout there. I am pretty sure he must have to buy the SWING from the market.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:47:25 PM

I messaged the owner of HASHGOAL.com last night and swing is now a payout there. I am pretty sure he must have to buy the SWING from the market.

Fantastic, I've added both pools to the ANN for easier access.

Ideally we should test both and see if they buy Swing via market.
opmac

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 09:29:26 PM

Fantastic, I've added both pools to the ANN for easier access.

Ideally we should test both and see if they buy Swing via market.

I will leave my miner pointed to hashgoal for a couple of days.

Will see what the payouts are and if we see any increase in buying.

opmac

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:19:34 PM

Spoke with HASHGOAL.com admin

He does purchase SWING off Bittrex to cover any payouts in SWING coin

buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 03:59:01 PM

what is the hipost reward? n when its start?
eccording to Dev louncing sunday afternoon
read a gain
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:34:52 PM

what is the hipost reward? n when its start?
eccording to Dev louncing sunday afternoon
read a gain

Hi, I think you missed the rest of the thread. The coin is already live on Bittrex Smiley https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-SWING
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:36:07 PM

Spoke with HASHGOAL.com admin

He does purchase SWING off Bittrex to cover any payouts in SWING coin

Oh excellent. I have noticed some buying too. The site says it's purchased 639.21622 SWING off the marketplace already.  Grin

Maybe we should focus on increasing our HashGoal power? How do we go about getting more miners. Hmm..
opmac

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 05:39:09 PM

I kicked in .021 btc for the block explorer.

Just want to see this coin succeed. And we have a active dev. And SWING community members.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:17:00 PM

I kicked in .021 btc for the block explorer.

Just want to see this coin succeed. And we have a active dev. And SWING community members.

Fantastic Smiley Thank you for the contribution!

I didn't realize how straight forward it was to extend the listing on Chainz. It seems to be live again, if anyone else wants to extend our subscription you can do so on the explorer page. https://chainz.cryptoid.info/swing/#
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: