Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 12:45:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119332 times)
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 23, 2016, 03:50:37 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2016, 06:27:37 PM by murderouskirk

When in bittrex no longer traded what you plan Huh

As stated before, I'm not expecting to get de-listed just yet. I'm actually feeling pretty confidant.

I've spoken with @Bittrex-Richie a few times on Slack about Swing and the updates. He suggested that I open two tickets to Bittrex support, one with the code for the new update, and one to discuss the warning. Richie was telling me that apparently Bill flags coins "just to shake the trees to see if people are still around, any sign of active dev/community and i'm sure it'll come back online". He also generously told me he would poke Bill about it himself for me. Any additional outreach from the community would probably help significantly as well.

Right now I'm most focused on getting this update deployed. The thing with a hardfork is that once deployed the new network will disconnect from old version peers and not log any transactions made on the old network. It would be ideal to release the new version only after the exchange has updated. My worry is that if I release the code and Bittrex is still making trades on the old network, those trades could be rolled back. If we soft fork and set the rewards to change down the line it would be a lot more seamless, but the downside is that without significant adoption of the update it will fail and the blockchain will halt requiring a hard fork update. My thinking is that I will send Bittrex a pre-release git repo, and as soon as I see the market get paused for updates I'll release the new wallets and git on the thread.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to best transition I'm all ears. I plan to submit those support tickets later today.

Still holding my coins.

I missed out of the dump today. Wish I had been at home to buy all them up!!!
SWING has a cool concept. And active DEV
More than can be said for most of the coins out there!!!
Looking forward to new updates!!!

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad to hear it.

I'm actually really bummed out that I'm out of BTC right now. 300 sat range is an absolute steal. We just brushed past our ATL of 104 Sats too.

If nothing else, at least Swing is Swinging  Wink

Side note, thinking ahead:

After we get this update deployed we will have a lot of marketing tasks to accomplish. We will need an all new thread and website at a minimum. Unfortunately art is not my strong suit, so if anyone thinks they can help with the thread that would be huge. I could probably use most of the assets on the new website as well. I've been looking for a Wordpress theme we can re-purpose into our new site (mostly on ThemeForest since I have $30 credit). I've got a couple favorites picked out already but I'd love to see some suggestions from other holders. Feel free to dig through the marketplace and help me pick something out!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 12:21:03 AM
Last edit: June 26, 2016, 12:36:20 AM by murderouskirk

Regarding Bittrex

Hey everyone,

So I've spoken with @Bittrex-Bill about Swing. We discussed the current state of the coin, what we plan to bring with the new patch, and how it would likely bring increased user interest to the coin.

Bill agreed to consider giving us a grace period to increase volume and trader interest, however he did not give a final decision.

He stated that he would consider it and make his final decision on Monday the 27'th when they start the de-listing process.

It's at this point more than any previous time that I'm asking Swing holders to voice yourselves. If you want Swing to stay listed, every one of you needs to make it known that you're interested in trading Swing once the upgrade gets deployed.

You can contact bill through the following options:

Bittrex Slack Signup: http://slack.bittrex.com/ (Contact @Bittrex-Bill)
Email: bill@bittrex.com
Twitter: Tag @BittrexExchange #Bittrex and $Swing (And if you want tag me @_Crypto).
Twitter: RT, Favorite, and Reply to the following tweet!
https://twitter.com/_Crypto/status/746862062169653249

If you want Swing to remain on Bittrex please contact Bill and explain why you have faith in the coin's growth and why you intend to trade it after the patch hits!
(Then post here to let everyone else know you helped!)

I believe that hearing from the community will STRONGLY impact Bill's decision.

Thanks guys, and goodluck to all of us!

P.S. If we get removed from Bittrex we will probably upgrade Swing, revamp our marketing, discuss stimulus options, then shoot for poloniex (or we could always coin-swap into a new/fresh coin). If we do get de-listed we will have a discussion on how we want to proceed.
Kostolany, Jr.

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 09:54:30 AM

Thanks for update, dev.

Thinking about swap...
 - with new reward scheme we will kinda have new coin anyway (we can call it SWING EVOLVED [SWEVO] Grin
 - people like new coins, both miners and stakers: they can get nice market share quite cheeply, also new start is always exciting
 - some people swap, some don't, some swap only part: it can drive price of "old" Swing up as well (swaped coins are burned = lower supply)
    (technically "old" swing would be kept with that rounding problem, so maybe most would swap, but some coins wouldn't be swaped anyway (lost wallets etc.)
 - with new coin (and swap) we don't have to deal with soft/hard fork
 - new coin = new people = bigger trading => Bittrex might also like that :-)

What you guys think?

Regarding Bittrex

Hey everyone,

So I've spoken with @Bittrex-Bill about Swing. We discussed the current state of the coin, what we plan to bring with the new patch, and how it would likely bring increased user interest to the coin.

Bill agreed to consider giving us a grace period to increase volume and trader interest, however he did not give a final decision.

He stated that he would consider it and make his final decision on Monday the 27'th when they start the de-listing process.

It's at this point more than any previous time that I'm asking Swing holders to voice yourselves. If you want Swing to stay listed, every one of you needs to make it known that you're interested in trading Swing once the upgrade gets deployed.

You can contact bill through the following options:

Bittrex Slack Signup: http://slack.bittrex.com/ (Contact @Bittrex-Bill)
Email: bill@bittrex.com
Twitter: Tag @BittrexExchange #Bittrex and $Swing (And if you want tag me @_Crypto).
Twitter: RT, Favorite, and Reply to the following tweet!
https://twitter.com/_Crypto/status/746862062169653249

If you want Swing to remain on Bittrex please contact Bill and explain why you have faith in the coin's growth and why you intend to trade it after the patch hits!
(Then post here to let everyone else know you helped!)

I believe that hearing from the community will STRONGLY impact Bill's decision.

Thanks guys, and goodluck to all of us!

P.S. If we get removed from Bittrex we will probably upgrade Swing, revamp our marketing, discuss stimulus options, then shoot for poloniex (or we could always coin-swap into a new/fresh coin). If we do get de-listed we will have a discussion on how we want to proceed.

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 03:20:03 PM

I invite you all to trade our coin.
I did a little shopping Wink
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
June 26, 2016, 08:43:11 PM

Thanks for update, dev.

Thinking about swap...
 - with new reward scheme we will kinda have new coin anyway (we can call it SWING EVOLVED [SWEVO] Grin
 - people like new coins, both miners and stakers: they can get nice market share quite cheeply, also new start is always exciting
 - some people swap, some don't, some swap only part: it can drive price of "old" Swing up as well (swaped coins are burned = lower supply)
    (technically "old" swing would be kept with that rounding problem, so maybe most would swap, but some coins wouldn't be swaped anyway (lost wallets etc.)

What you guys think?

I actually think there are a lot of pros to starting a new coin as well. New coins are significantly easier to work with than old coins, as well as more popular. Plus it gives us more flexibility on how we want to approach the market. I actually have a few market stimulus / distribution ideas that would require starting fresh, so we could consider taking advantage of that (along with other ideas from holders).

However, I think if we do make a new coin we should shoot for Polo instead of Bittrex this time. They have significantly more volume anyway (1,634.47 BTC vs. 14,674.76 BTC 24hr volume). I actually have some ideas of Polo specific implementations that might help us get listed.

It would take some work and time to swap into a new coin, but I think we could definately pull it off (especially if we can find people willing to form a team with me and pitch in on the workload).

I invite you all to trade our coin.
I did a little shopping Wink

Nice buys!! I'm honestly jealous haha. You got all the cheap coins  Grin
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:24:12 PM

So the removal notice is gone. Looks like we may have made it off the chopping block Smiley.

How do you guys want to proceed?
Kostolany, Jr.

View Profile
June 27, 2016, 04:38:07 PM

I would go with swap for SWING EVOLVED  Smiley
Bittrex is great, Polo would be super great, much bigger volume there, we can try for that.

murderouskirk is also kinda fan of swap as I read it  Smiley

Anybody here with interesting reason why not to swap? Wink

So the removal notice is gone. Looks like we may have made it off the chopping block Smiley.

How do you guys want to proceed?

Thanks for update, dev.

Thinking about swap...

What you guys think?

I actually think there are a lot of pros to starting a new coin as well. New coins are significantly easier to work with than old coins, as well as more popular. Plus it gives us more flexibility on how we want to approach the market. I actually have a few market stimulus / distribution ideas that would require starting fresh, so we could consider taking advantage of that (along with other ideas from holders).

However, I think if we do make a new coin we should shoot for Polo instead of Bittrex this time. They have significantly more volume anyway (1,634.47 BTC vs. 14,674.76 BTC 24hr volume). I actually have some ideas of Polo specific implementations that might help us get listed.

It would take some work and time to swap into a new coin, but I think we could definately pull it off (especially if we can find people willing to form a team with me and pitch in on the workload).

„While buying one should be romantic, while selling realistic (and in the meantime he should sleep).“
– André Kostolany
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
June 29, 2016, 07:54:22 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2016, 08:59:39 PM by murderouskirk

Anybody here with interesting reason why not to swap? Wink

Only reasons I can think of is mostly that we will have to get the new coin listed on an exchange again, also I told the Bittrex exchange operators we were planning on upgrading Swing, so they might get grumpy if we decide to go with a swap instead. Also it would take some time to build everything and prepare for the swap.

However, if we think a swap is the way to go I'm fine with that choice.

(I suppose we also have the option to upgrade Swing, and coin-swap to something new as well. Give holders the choice to stay or swap.)
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
July 06, 2016, 06:58:24 PM

Hey guys,

Hope you all had a good 4th.

Since I haven't gotten much feedback I've started a poll in regards to swapping.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541185.new#new

Let me know how you think Swing should proceed!
Kostolany, Jr.

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 01:22:33 PM

thinking about time deposits like HOdl has... voting been quite conservative so far though  Smiley

Nice swinging on Bittrex btw Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eco4z98nIQY

Hey guys,

Hope you all had a good 4th.

Since I haven't gotten much feedback I've started a poll in regards to swapping.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1541185.new#new

Let me know how you think Swing should proceed!

– André Kostolany
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
July 08, 2016, 02:00:43 PM

Nice volume on Bittrex! 24hr is over 4 BTC.

It looks like the vote is currently leaning towards a clean update with no swap. I'll be pretty busy this weekend so I think we should close the vote on Monday.

I'm also going to start pulling together the update in case we do end up going with a swapless update.

Side node, I do like the ideas this is generating (coin locking etc..) and I'm happy to see swing holders creating accounts to voice themselves.

Keep in mind we can always continue to upgrade in the future. Even if we don't implement every idea in the coming patch, we might in the future. And if we get a good enough set of ideas that would work for a swap, we might re-consider doing so even if the vote lands on a swapless upgrade.

The vote could still easily flip to a coin-swap, so if you haven't voiced yourself yet be sure to vote.
(Even if your account is too new to vote, I'll take your vote into consideration manually via comments if you seem like a holder.)

Keep the opinions and ideas flowing! Smiley
HiggsBosunBlues

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 12:49:41 AM

Just sayin,

I really like Swing the way it is. Its one of my favorite coins and has been for a long time.

I hope that its not changed too much but will support any decision made moving forward. Thanks to the dev for all of his work.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
July 09, 2016, 05:43:48 AM

Just sayin,

I really like Swing the way it is. Its one of my favorite coins and has been for a long time.

I hope that its not changed too much but will support any decision made moving forward. Thanks to the dev for all of his work.

Thanks for the input Smiley

Here's the proposed changes btw. Happy to hear opinions.

To re-cap, in Swing we are currently working on a core upgrade to improve stability, along with implementing a new rewards schema.

We are turning this:

Into this:

These changes are expected to improve stability by reducing the chance of forking problems, but also changes rewards a bit.
StakeFrenzy

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 02:21:20 AM

Still trying to get my head around the staking changes, its early here so I probably just need more coffee.

Either way, I will remain in Swing. Its such an underrated
sparksi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 05:38:51 AM

Another month of CryptoID explorer paid.  Smiley
opmac

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 06:05:22 PM

Thanks Man!!!

opmac

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:08:00 PM

zpool is no longer working correctly. Withdrawls not coming into wallet.

And hashgoal is down

altmining.com as well is down

Does anyone have a working mining pool for swing?

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:39:52 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2016, 12:52:26 AM by murderouskirk

This post has been marked as important! (Try not to skip over it  Wink)

Ok I'm locking the poll.

The vote ended 6:3. Swing will do a pure upgrade, and will not swap / re-brand into a new currency.

I will need a bit of help with this. Since we are going to do a hard fork, we will need some stakers and miners to help launch the update when the exchanges update. What we need is for users to begin staking and mining as soon as possible after the update gets launched and goes live on exchanges. (I may have the exchanges pause trading for a few hours after updating, giving the network and services time to sync up to the new fork).

If you would like to be one of the first stakers / miners on the new fork please let me know! I will try to reach out to people on this list with ETA's and upgraded wallets as best I can. (I will of course keep the thread up to date with this information as well.)

If the new fork goes too long without breaking blocks (over an hour), it could cause issues.

If you think we should do a soft fork instead of a hard fork, now is the time to speak up.

Users currently on the launch list:
Miners: 0
Stakers: 0

How the update will look from the user perspective:
  • Users will be alerted in the thread that a mandatory update is about to launch. I will start giving out ETA's once I've finalized and discussed the patch with exchange operators. I will try to give at least 24 hours notice.
  • Users will be given links to wallets / source code and asked to download the new wallet, and re-download the blockchain. (You will only need to re-download any post-update blocks. If you make a blockchain backup today you can save yourself some time.
  • Users that fail to update will slowly lose network connectivity. Any transactions made on the old version after the update has released will not be seen or accepted by users on the new versions.
  • Users on the new version will only connect to peers also on the new version. Transactions and blocks generated will only be seen / accepted by updated peers. Users on the old version will be ignored by the network.
  • Users on the new version will start breaking blocks with the new reward schema within a few blocks after launch (if not on the first block).

Still trying to get my head around the staking changes, its early here so I probably just need more coffee.
Either way, I will remain in Swing. Its such an underrated

Rewards will slowly increase or decrease over every 10,000 block cycle. POS rewards will increase from 0.00 to 9.99, and Miner rewards will decrease from 9.99 to 0.00.

To figure out expected reward:
Example block: 123,456
Start with the last 4 numbers of the block count. (3456)
Remove the last digit. (345)
345 is your base reward number.
POS workers will receive base reward formatted. (3.45)
POW workers will receive 1000-base formatted. (1000-345=655 (6.55))
Blocks 123,450 - 123,459 will all generate the same reward, as the base reward digits have not changed.

Upgrading to rewards like this will help secure the network from forks caused by rounding disagreement. It will also give us simpler and longer reward cycles.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 12:41:53 AM

Thanks Man!!!

Fantastic! I greatly appreciate contributions to the network from the community like this. I'm sure everyone else does too.

zpool is no longer working correctly. Withdrawls not coming into wallet.

And hashgoal is down

altmining.com as well is down

Does anyone have a working mining pool for swing?

Altmining was the only standard pool I had listed as actively mining Swing. I'm not sure if there are any pools still online hosting us. If you find any let us know!
opmac

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 04:09:38 AM

hashnova.com

I was mining there for about 3 hrs. I requested a payout

txid- 65e193ae538bca94a28b519b7ae52f7feab79fc68646e59ab5d207cb86774487

atm has not shown up in wallet

Was only for 108 swing

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: