Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:11:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527660 times)
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:41:20 AM

I'm not happy with my batch 9 performance. Is it too cold?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4w7ykfd71sgz8qr/S7.jpg?dl=0

Trying running it at 55-60c to see if you see a big difference. That could be it. But you also have a pretty high HW from what you should. What is the PSU? I've seen this kind of performance drop when using a subpar PSU. Can be one the other or a combination.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wikkidtt

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:44:40 AM

Trying running it at 55-60c to see if you see a big difference. That could be it. But you also have a pretty high HW from what you should. What is the PSU? I've seen this kind of performance drop when using a subpar PSU. Can be one the other or a combination.

AX1200 powering board 1+2
RM750 powering board 3 and controller

On dedicated 240v outlet
VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 02:53:27 AM

On dedicated 240v outlet

Should be fine, try raising the temps, thats easy to do. I'd just be surprised if you'd lose 100GH/s just because of the temps, but i'm interested to see what the hashrate will be afterwards.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
wikkidtt

Activity: 201

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 02:59:25 AM

On dedicated 240v outlet

Should be fine, try raising the temps, thats easy to do. I'd just be surprised if you'd lose 100GH/s just because of the temps, but i'm interested to see what the hashrate will be afterwards.

Well lowered fan speed to 20% and now hashing at 4.7ish with .0006 hw errors. And 55-60c I'll let it run for a hr and take another screenshot and post it. Appreciate the help
djroadking

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:02:54 AM

Have my S7 running at the 600 setting for frequency. Watching temps while playing around with the different frequencies. 625 is the next test and then 700 which is B8/B9's default.

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
nhando

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 04:25:18 AM

I'm helping manage over 40 x Batch 8/9 S7.  Zero consistency on the 60% manual fan speed / RPM.  It's almost like they use different fans on some units.  I have to set some at 70-80% to match others at 60%.  

Just "Mining" my own business.
kipper01

Activity: 214

1KippERXwH1PdBxKNt1ksgqh89WBv6CtWQ

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:01:19 PM

Just got a brand new S7 arrived from Bitmain bought by a hosting customer. Just out of the box and I see one of the power jacks on the middle board already has a bit of heat browning to it. Not terribly impressed by that.

Well this makes me uneasy since I sent one to you about this time frame.   Sad

nhando

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 03:53:33 PM

Here's the Bad news with these recent Batch 9

1) There's no consistency with all the 4 separate Batch 9 orders I received, except 1 thing.  They are all used for at least a few weeks if not much longer for sure.  This recent batch is probably the worst.  They didn't even bother cleaning the side and connectors,etc so it's even more obvious.  QA is what they will call it, I'm sure.  How much effort is it really to clean the machine a bit so the customer can at least pretend to think they got new machines.  

2) FANs - Manual settings for the FANs are not necessary the same for the same level ie 60%.  So when you hear people recommend you to keep it at 60% in case of internet outage, do check what the RPM is and what temperature maximum you want to be at and set it that per S7 rather than a generic value like 60.  I have many set at 50 while others set at 80% to be at the same level.

3) Batch 8 / 9.  Some will have the extra connectors for FAN and Hashboards, many will not.  Last batch 9 order they all had extra connectors.  This order, none of them have it.  See picture.

rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 04:13:41 PM

I'm not concern.  I just ordered 10 from him.  I will be doing a review on it and he also made me 2 custom FAN mount with Bitcoin symbol.  He sent me the picture of the design and included it for free as I will be helping promote the product if it's good.  I think it's the perfect solution for my Plenum design or anyone with a small config where you just vent the heat outside or do a full circule from outside and inside air.

Awesome, let us know for sure!

rockyforever

Activity: 429
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2016, 04:14:35 PM

Just got a brand new S7 arrived from Bitmain bought by a hosting customer. Just out of the box and I see one of the power jacks on the middle board already has a bit of heat browning to it. Not terribly impressed by that.

I assume those are mine. Well poop.....

Hopefully those wont cause any issues!

VirosaGITS
Legendary

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:30:23 PM

1) There's no consistency with all the 4 separate Batch 9 orders I received, except 1 thing.  They are all used for at least a few weeks if not much longer for sure.  This recent batch is probably the worst.  They didn't even bother cleaning the side and connectors,etc so it's even more obvious.  QA is what they will call it, I'm sure.  How much effort is it really to clean the machine a bit so the customer can at least pretend to think they got new machines.  

2) FANs - Manual settings for the FANs are not necessary the same for the same level ie 60%.  So when you hear people recommend you to keep it at 60% in case of internet outage, do check what the RPM is and what temperature maximum you want to be at and set it that per S7 rather than a generic value like 60.  I have many set at 50 while others set at 80% to be at the same level.

3) Batch 8 / 9.  Some will have the extra connectors for FAN and Hashboards, many will not.  Last batch 9 order they all had extra connectors.  This order, none of them have it.  See picture.

https://i.imgur.com/Mpk33oB.jpg

Ahhh, they're probably B8 they been mining with for a while. Welp, its not like we can be surprised, we all know how ethically mushy Bitmain is. I don't suppose there is some clause we can use if we receive an obviously used and not pristine unit?

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
marvykkio

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 05:49:40 PM

I wanted to let you know that today I have handed my S7, Batch 9, but I think that it is batch8,
to return to the speech code taric, I confirm that I did not pay customs duty.
1) purchased batch 9, they handed me batch8
2) VAT = yes
3) administrative rights are = yes
4) stamp  = yes
5)  customs duty = NO

the correct code is = HST CODE: 8471410090
I hate to say
but in the face of all those who have criticized me when I complained to get things right.
nhando

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 06:18:02 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Mpk33oB.jpg

Ahhh, they're probably B8 they been mining with for a while. Welp, its not like we can be surprised, we all know how ethically mushy Bitmain is. I don't suppose there is some clause we can use if we receive an obviously used and not pristine unit?

You could be right Virosa.  Maybe a true Batch 9 have those extra connections and they just send me the used Batch 8 versions as I haven't seen any of my Batch 8 S7 have the extra connections.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:23:14 PM

On dedicated 240v outlet

Well lowered fan speed to 20% and now hashing at 4.7ish with .0006 hw errors. And 55-60c I'll let it run for a hr and take another screenshot and post it. Appreciate the help

Just FYI, I have 3, all from different batches and one thing that is consistent with them all is that when they power up, they throw a lot of HW errors.  I always let them run a few minutes to heat up the chips and then do a save and apply on the config without changing anything just to restart cgminer.  That is the best way to get a clear picture of the HW error rate in a reasonable time frame.

nhando

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:32:24 PM

On dedicated 240v outlet

Just FYI, I have 3, all from different batches and one thing that is consistent with them all is that when they power up, they throw a lot of HW errors.  I always let them run a few minutes to heat up the chips and then do a save and apply on the config without changing anything just to restart cgminer.  That is the best way to get a clear picture of the HW error rate in a reasonable time frame.

Sometimes it may not like your PSU too.  I have 1 EVGA G2, that regardless of what unit I plug into it, it will register higher than normal error rate vs the other 2 EVGA G2 or IBM 4K bundle.  Best way to figure it out is first trying to run it within the 50-60C temperature as that's the best rate temps.  Then try a different PSU so you can get an exact Apples to Apples comparison. 

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 07:35:14 PM

Have my S7 running Smiley Due to the amount of noise it makes I underclocked it's frequency to 400. Getting 3TH at that rate. Whenever I find a better place to keep it running I'll up the frequency a bit. There's no way that I'll be sleeping with it in my room.

Why not run it in the garage at full blast and get free heat while you're at it?  You're losing money at 3TH.  If you're living in a cold weather area, lower the fan to 30% and see if the temp is within ok range.  IT would be more livable.  You can also buy custom 3D printed DUCT where you duct the Intake to take in cold intake air from outside and push out the hot air to the outside as well.  If you do that, you can lower your fan speed which is the only thing that is making those noise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pack-bitcoin-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s4-s5-s7-zeus-lightning-fan-air-duct-4-pack-/331763938079?hash=item4d3eabf31f:g:edgAAOSwpRRWn~Hp

I would be careful with that seller on ebay, has only sold one item ever. Only has sold one item in last 12 months and it was stated in feedback that communication was good but shipping was slow after payment.

I used this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SL22FW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
And built my own enclosure for the miner out of cardboard.  Works well enough.

djroadking

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:23:33 PM

Bumped the frequency to 600 overnight and got pretty good temperatures so I bumped it to 625 and while I'm not getting 4.7TH I'm getting anywhere from 4.2 to 4.4TH and temp wise the blades are at 68c, 64c and 60c. Fans are at 40%. Currently have the miner still in my bedroom in the closet which has dampened the noise quite a bit. I was able to sleep with the miner on last night.

<a href="http://moonbit.co.in/?ref=c5f9adca1f79">MoonBit - The Bitcoin Faucet When You Decide When To Claim</a>
nhando

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 08:51:23 PM

Have my S7 running Smiley Due to the amount of noise it makes I underclocked it's frequency to 400. Getting 3TH at that rate. Whenever I find a better place to keep it running I'll up the frequency a bit. There's no way that I'll be sleeping with it in my room.

Why not run it in the garage at full blast and get free heat while you're at it?  You're losing money at 3TH.  If you're living in a cold weather area, lower the fan to 30% and see if the temp is within ok range.  IT would be more livable.  You can also buy custom 3D printed DUCT where you duct the Intake to take in cold intake air from outside and push out the hot air to the outside as well.  If you do that, you can lower your fan speed which is the only thing that is making those noise.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-pack-bitcoin-antminer-s1-s2-s3-s4-s5-s7-zeus-lightning-fan-air-duct-4-pack-/331763938079?hash=item4d3eabf31f:g:edgAAOSwpRRWn~Hp

I would be careful with that seller on ebay, has only sold one item ever. Only has sold one item in last 12 months and it was stated in feedback that communication was good but shipping was slow after payment.

I used this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000SL22FW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

That's very creative.   100 extra points for being resourceful and creativity.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:22:36 PM

That's very creative.   100 extra points for being resourceful and creativity.

I agree it is a intersting way to get the exhust out.  Are you able to take picture of where they all go to?

I'm curious as far a what you did with other end of duct.
djroadking

View Profile
January 28, 2016, 11:56:06 PM

That shelf/metal rack has been used by plenty of us miners... Almost too much popular around the forum. Either way I take it you have the exhaust going out a window? Or are you using the heat to heat up your house? Someone here's doing that with a few S7's. Pretty neat.

Pages: « 1 ... 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: