Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 01:13:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527664 times)
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 02:29:16 PM

Yeah I just did that, thanks
I'm still amazed how someone stole my miner just like that Tongue
Oh well,lesson learned, don't leave miners with factory password Tongue

How did you notice that your miner was stolen?
I use teamviewer on my local subnet and never had a security issue in two years.
If you hook your miner straight to the internet you will get hacked.
I would notice my Linux machines getting hacked pretty fast, it would overload my internet connection when they started using it to push a crapload of data and Comcast would just block the ip.
TeamViewer all the way for me.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:06:50 PM

I use teamviewer on my local subnet and never had a security issue in two years.
I would notice my Linux machines getting hacked pretty fast, it would overload my internet connection when they started using it to push a crapload of data and Comcast would just block the ip.
I've heard of people having their wallets stolen while having Teamviewer available on their machine, not sure I'd trust using it with my equipment ( or at least not with the default configuration - short username/password).

Like I mentioned a few pages ago in this thread, a home VPN is so easy to set up with a Raspberry Pi, and most modern routers even offer the feature to enable a home VPN. Much safer than just port forwarding and relying on your username/password being secure to avoid hacking, at least with key-based VPN authentication. Plus, if you have multiple miners to monitor you just navigate to their IP addresses, rather than trying to set up different ports so you can access each miner over the internet.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:20:40 PM

BITMAINTECH please answer your damn TICKETS. I've had 2 of them open for a week now with NO REPLIES or acknowledgements.

Roll Eyes Huh Roll Eyes

Give them a call 1-844-248-6246. You've got more patience than me. I get antsy (pardon the pun) after 2 days.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:39:10 PM

I've heard of people having their wallets stolen while having Teamviewer available on their machine, not sure I'd trust using it with my equipment ( or at least not with the default configuration - short username/password).

Like I mentioned a few pages ago in this thread, a home VPN is so easy to set up with a Raspberry Pi, and most modern routers even offer the feature to enable a home VPN. Much safer than just port forwarding and relying on your username/password being secure to avoid hacking, at least with key-based VPN authentication. Plus, if you have multiple miners to monitor you just navigate to their IP addresses, rather than trying to set up different ports so you can access each miner over the internet.

How do you setup VPN with RPi, I have a RPi laying around that I could use?

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
ColderThanIce

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 03:57:40 PM

How do you setup VPN with RPi, I have a RPi laying around that I could use?

When I set mine up, I followed this tutorial. Didn't have any issues when I followed this tutorial a few months ago.

███████████████████    
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 3995

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 05:36:28 PM
Last edit: November 21, 2015, 05:50:11 PM by Biodom

It could that or it probably overheated and lost settings. This happened to me with S1 and recently with one S7. I did not even reset anything, just did a hard reboot.
People were stealing stuff from S1 because it used less secure (old) cgminer version.

BTW, S1 in march of 2014 was producing twice as much BTC/day as S7 does now, bitcoin price was two-two and a half times as much as now and machine price (S1) was three times less. How does this compute?

HOWEVER: I think that there ARE people on btctalk which try to load some crap to your computer. This is for sure.
Exoskeleton

Activity: 338
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:43:15 PM

BTW, S1 in march of 2014 was producing twice as much BTC/day as S7 does now, bitcoin price was two-two and a half times as much as now and machine price (S1) was three times less. How does this compute?

Yeah, the price of gear these days is a bit absurd. $1,600 plus is a lot for something that probably only cost Bitmain $100 more to make than gear that they sold for $300. I'm quite amazed that they have no competition selling to the public right now.

Whats most amazing is that the miners these days use so much more electricity than previous models to mine a single coin its insane. Even with 0.25W/Gh you need 10Kw and $7,000+ in gear and PSUs just to earn .25Btc per day. Its about to get a lot worse in the next few months too. If we do a few more 10% jumps were all going to be mining at a loss soon enough...  Undecided
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 06:56:51 PM

It could that or it probably overheated and lost settings. This happened to me with S1 and recently with one S7. I did not even reset anything, just did a hard reboot.
People were stealing stuff from S1 because it used less secure (old) cgminer version.

HOWEVER: I think that there ARE people on btctalk which try to load some crap to your computer. This is for sure.

yeah its insane, but if i remember correctly (maybe im wrong) diff increases were brutal in the s1 days.  I bought an s1 and that made great roi, it was running next to a couple gpu's who were mining alts.  good days Smiley
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
November 21, 2015, 07:40:41 PM

yeah its insane, but if i remember correctly (maybe im wrong) diff increases were brutal in the s1 days.  I bought an s1 and that made great roi, it was running next to a couple gpu's who were mining alts.  good days Smiley

I also heard the same thing during the S5 era.  I made out very well.  Speculation is alway surrounding the future of BTC.  We need to promote BTC.  Join a local BTC group and keep informed about this forum is what I am doing.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
fullzero
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 21, 2015, 11:45:30 PM

Yeah, the price of gear these days is a bit absurd. $1,600 plus is a lot for something that probably only cost Bitmain $100 more to make than gear that they sold for $300. I'm quite amazed that they have no competition selling to the public right now.

Whats most amazing is that the miners these days use so much more electricity than previous models to mine a single coin its insane. Even with 0.25W/Gh you need 10Kw and $7,000+ in gear and PSUs just to earn .25Btc per day. Its about to get a lot worse in the next few months too. If we do a few more 10% jumps were all going to be mining at a loss soon enough...  Undecided

You should also consider that the S1 was launched into a sea of superior equipment; its primary advantage was that it was available for sale. 

I don't believe a miner will be released for public sale anytime soon which is greatly more efficient than the S7.  For this reason I don't believe S1 to S7 is a fair comparison.
ATCkit

Activity: 786
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:01:42 AM

ANTMINER S7 BATCH 7 - Sold Out - are FOR SALE!!!!  

gone again

Seems like a few Batch 3 are available for 5.08 BTC. Someone must not have paid for their order.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201509290954354994vrQh8di06E6
mavericklm

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:57:03 AM

Or you try your luck at an batch 7 Roll Eyes

Price:       5.06 BTC
fr4nkthetank
Legendary

Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182

Now the money is free, and so the people will be

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 02:59:36 AM

gone again

Seems like a few Batch 3 are available for 5.08 BTC. Someone must not have paid for their order.

https://www.bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201509290954354994vrQh8di06E6

thats weird.  but just looking at the price, wouldnt a batch 8 be better ?
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:05:04 AM

gone again

just shows that there are no "real" batches between 1-5.
They all have 9/15 software, BTW, and that includes "Batch 5".
One would think that if a miner was produced in the last two weeks, 10/23 software would be loaded, right?
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:42:49 AM

Anyone out there doing remote monitoring or access to your S7s ?

I tried the Minerlink thing at Bitmain, but doesn't seem to work.

Any good way to do the monitoring / access from outside?

Someone recommended "teamviewer" but i prefer a freeware solution?

I would like to monitor hashrates, temp, etc and ability to reboot the S7s.

Teamviewer is free for personal use
I have used it for two years.
The trick is to have a pc at the remote site . Just a cheap laptop would do it. Can't tell you the pile I have of those.
I have two pc's at my remote just incase one gets funny.
No router configuration or port forwarding.
Teamviewer guys just dont want you controlling 10 pc's at the same time unless you pay. One or two.
I know I got it to work on ubuntu also. Don't think I would put it on the beaglebone on the antminer.
I use m's miner monitor or  multiminer on the pc. m's multi miner allows you to see what the stats were when it stopped working.
40 miner stats at a glance.
M's miner monitor will reboot using SSH

wolfen.... i cant find m's miner monitor to download on the internet. I have setup Teamviewer free version, andf would like to have a glance of all miners, their online status, temp etc. Can Help?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
adaseb
Legendary

Merit: 1723

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:43:47 AM

Do you really need to change your miners default password if you changed your router password? I don't see how anybody can get in. You also can't access the router remotely.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:55:08 AM

Anyone powered his S7 using only 1 PCi-E 6 per board ?
I have powered them with only 1 cable per board for the last 2 days and they were working fine
Just today I read somewhere that it actually needs all 3 cables per board.

That's over 350W DC for 1 cable.  The connectors/pins are only rated for a maxijum of 324W, and those ratings aren't overly conservative given the demanding environments mining puts on them (vibration + high ambient temps).  Plug more cables into them, like now...

Edit: Plus it violates Bitmain's ridiculous warranty terms...

I'm doing 8 total, 2 each to outside boards and 3 to center plus controller. That way I can use 2 dell 750 PSU with 8 cables. Using high quality 16awg cables and breakout boards. No issues. Been monitoring temps of connectors and cables. Avg connect temp is 79F. Miner runs at 55-59c and ambient temp is 69-72F.

That would be 175w per cable on the boards with 2 plugged in. Consumer PSU may not handle this since cables are lower gauge and will heat up more.
The wire gauge on the bitmain 1600 psu's is pretty teenie.
Maybe that is why the "three cable rule" is pushed.
My corsair rm1000 modular cables are pretty beefy. I use two per board with the daisy chain from one of them, filling all connectors.
The board next to the controller socket gets the daisy chain from the second cable.

I'm not sure what the wire gauge number is on the Bitmain power supplies, someone will have to see if there is some printing on the wires and post the AWG size.

BUT, for reference, when I made the cables for the DPS-1200FB power supplies I have, I used 20ga wire.... its what I had laying around that would fit the pins I have.... Calculating the load per wire,  I divided the maximum amperage the power supply could produce across the 6 Molex plugs, the amperage per pin/wire was 5.5 amp.... WELL within the specification for the wire size and insulation type using an NEC wire chart.

YES, insulation type is also a factor. You can have anything from varnish coated wires, plastic insulated, silicone insulated, or even teflon insulated. Some insulation melts at lower temps, so if you have a Molex connector that heating up because of old age or you have been plugging and unplugging a lot and you have cheap ass plastic insulated wires, more likely you will have a meltdown from insulation melting then wires shorting out than if you were running a smaller wire gauge, same amperage, and teflon insulation.

You might think silicone insulated wires will handle the heat... somewhat. Silicone insulation is used when maximum flexability is required, or is in a higher heat environment, or is carrying higher voltage (think 1000V or more). Silicone insulation is not very good when its in direct contact with a high temperature material such as a wire which has a contact that is micro arcing causing the wire to heat up massively.... it will melt with relative ease.

What is the safest standard markings good to use for S7s?

Can I use this: 10Amp 18AWG ?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
ColderThanIce

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 03:57:57 AM

Do you really need to change your miners default password if you changed your router password? I don't see how anybody can get in. You also can't access the router remotely.
You shouldn't have to change the default login. If the miner isn't open to the internet then you shouldn't have to worry about anyone hijacking it over your local network (unless someone on your local network has malicious intents).

███████████████████    
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:41:17 AM

What is the safest standard markings good to use for S7s?

Can I use this: 10Amp 18AWG ?

markings? you mean PCIe cables or power cable?

if you talking about PCIE (12v) or power cables (110/120V), here is the relevant reference:
http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/WireCapacityChart.htm
get to the bottom of that page
it says:

at 12V 20awg 8amp max per wire, but PCIe has two, so 8X2X12=192W as far as wire carrying capacity is concerned. 192X9=1728W, much more than 1210W S7, so according to this, even 20awg wire is OK, but most good ATX PSU have at least 18 gauge wire (can carry 10A ea at 12V)

at 110V 20awg-only 7.5A, so you need 14-16awg power cable, 18awg is too low as 1250w/110v=11.36A, which exceeds 10A limit for 18awg cord.
You get half a current at 220V though.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
November 22, 2015, 04:54:31 AM

Anyone out there doing remote monitoring or access to your S7s ?

I tried the Minerlink thing at Bitmain, but doesn't seem to work.

Any good way to do the monitoring / access from outside?

Someone recommended "teamviewer" but i prefer a freeware solution?

I would like to monitor hashrates, temp, etc and ability to reboot the S7s.

Teamviewer is free for personal use
I have used it for two years.
The trick is to have a pc at the remote site . Just a cheap laptop would do it. Can't tell you the pile I have of those.
I have two pc's at my remote just incase one gets funny.
No router configuration or port forwarding.
Teamviewer guys just dont want you controlling 10 pc's at the same time unless you pay. One or two.
I know I got it to work on ubuntu also. Don't think I would put it on the beaglebone on the antminer.
I use m's miner monitor or  multiminer on the pc. m's multi miner allows you to see what the stats were when it stopped working.
40 miner stats at a glance.
M's miner monitor will reboot using SSH

wolfen.... i cant find m's miner monitor to download on the internet. I have setup Teamviewer free version, andf would like to have a glance of all miners, their online status, temp etc. Can Help?

Crap, looks like they pulled the link.
I have the 5.3 zip file on a few of my pc's
You can pm me with your email and I will send it along

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: