Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:33:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527635 times)
Cyper_BLC

Activity: 490
Merit: 270

Reverse Engineer

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:48:00 PM

if voltage controller be in new boards. i think we can not control them Smiley because pic12f1822 job is simple; adjust voltage at boot and set working voltage to buck controller ic. this is chip protection for them.

If there is voltage control.... a way will be found to adjust it.  Smiley

Rich

Cool yes we will  Wink

useful note:
if you have any falled or bumped heatsink you can use this
http://www.panacol.com/adhesive-applications/electronics/thermally-conductive-adhesive/
----> Elecolit® 6601 or 6603
or any 2 component acrylic adhesive with %30 AL2O3 mixture like me Wink

For donations : 1CYPERv5yZ4c9FRzPyCz5u8vhttyKmVkto
Emeğe Saygı Göstermeyenler, BECERIKSIZ kişilerdir.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:24:03 PM

if voltage controller be in new boards. i think we can not control them Smiley because pic12f1822 job is simple; adjust voltage at boot and set working voltage to buck controller ic. this is chip protection for them.

If there is voltage control.... a way will be found to adjust it.  Smiley

Rich

There's a voltage listing in /config/cgminer.conf on S7's. As someone mentioned earlier, the "factory defaults" are not the ones all miners come with though. Factory listing with 700 mhz is 0725, the one in some config files you'll see at receipt is 0706.

It looks like this:

"bitmain-voltage" : "0725"

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 11:57:06 PM

Anybody interested in two AntMiner S7 Batch 8 Coupon @ 150 USD?

I am interested in a coupon id like to order another S7
Cyper_BLC

Activity: 490
Merit: 270

Reverse Engineer

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 03:25:19 AM

Rich

There's a voltage listing in /config/cgminer.conf on S7's. As someone mentioned earlier, the "factory defaults" are not the ones all miners come with though. Factory listing with 700 mhz is 0725, the one in some config files you'll see at receipt is 0706.

It looks like this:

thats very good. we know its adjustable now. thanx

For donations : 1CYPERv5yZ4c9FRzPyCz5u8vhttyKmVkto
Emeğe Saygı Göstermeyenler, BECERIKSIZ kişilerdir.
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 03:32:30 AM

Rich

It looks like this:

Has anyone experimented with tweaking clock and voltage on various batch units? I have Batch 1 and Batch 7 and I notice just changing the clock on batch 1 pretty much does nothing so it obviously needs more voltage to support it. I may try to SSH into my batch 7 with same chip number and see the difference in voltage settings and try to test the B7 Settings on a B1 unit
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:32:07 AM

If there is voltage control.... a way will be found to adjust it.  Smiley

Rich

It looks like this:

Has anyone experimented with tweaking clock and voltage on various batch units? I have Batch 1 and Batch 7 and I notice just changing the clock on batch 1 pretty much does nothing so it obviously needs more voltage to support it. I may try to SSH into my batch 7 with same chip number and see the difference in voltage settings and try to test the B7 Settings on a B1 unit

OK let's not get carried away here. We know that Batches 1 to 5 and 7, the 162 chip Systems, are a straight string design and are not voltage adjustable except by varying the Supply Voltage. Any Voltage numbers in the /config/cgminer.conf are merely a leftover from previous miners that were adjustable and will do nothing if changed.

The Miners that might be adjustable are the 135 Chip Batch 6 & 8. However although we suspect there might be a Buck Controller this is not yet confirmed. If there is one then it might have a fixed voltage like S1 & S3. Or if we get very lucky it might be software voltage adjustable. Bitmain might make this directly adjustable from within the GUI like S4 or it may need the cgminer.conf to be edited.

All of these questions will be easy to answer when we can get a picture of the Batch 6/8 Hash Board and if there is a software controllable Buck Converter people can then explore play with the cgminer.conf setting.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 07:43:41 AM

Are there any suggestions for replacement fans? Just in case one is broken or they are too loud?
Greetings,
me

I have several brand new S7 fans. $25. US. PM if interested.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
opentoe
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Personal text my ass....

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 07:51:37 AM

I got my batch 7 online yesterday and the noise is horrible and I used to think S5 is noisy.
Fans run over 4000rpm and blades are about 50C, air is traveling too fast, screams and resonates badly.
3 x DPS-600 powers take 1400W from wall, I tested power draw upto 1600W.

Customs took 1BTC for sale tax but I have "free" electrics as garage is heated with S7 so I maybe ROI some day.

What did you really expect? One S5 with one jet blaster fan was horrible noise pollution. Then, an S7 with two of them running. The temps aren't even the "real" temps. It's just a temp sensor on the board somewhere. I would always add 10 degrees to the temp shown.

Need help with your Newznab usenet indexer? http://www.newznabforums.com
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:27:37 AM

I got my batch 7 online yesterday and the noise is horrible and I used to think S5 is noisy.
Fans run over 4000rpm and blades are about 50C, air is traveling too fast, screams and resonates badly.

Customs took 1BTC for sale tax but I have "free" electrics as garage is heated with S7 so I maybe ROI some day.

What did you really expect? One S5 with one jet blaster fan was horrible noise pollution. Then, an S7 with two of them running. The temps aren't even the "real" temps. It's just a temp sensor on the board somewhere. I would always add 10 degrees to the temp shown.

50C, thats very good. You have some leeway here. Air is too fast, yes indeed it make a lot of noise at full speed;

So why are you not reducing fan speed? Tongue

2 Fan is actually quieter than 2 fan because the air flow for the same noise is lower.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
SLEI

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:26:24 AM

50C, thats very good. You have some leeway here. Air is too fast, yes indeed it make a lot of noise at full speed;

So why are you not reducing fan speed? Tongue

2 Fan is actually quieter than 2 fan because the air flow for the same noise is lower.

I was expecting evolution, Bittmaintech have made these machines over two years.
If You put two same size fans in a tube suction fan should bee bigger, flow rate is reduced if it isn't. Fans in S7 have the static fins which restric flow at exit, but at inlet side they reduce turbulence and make inlet air pressure higher. Exit fins are useless and make only noise. If You put hand near exit, machine don't make so much noise.

If you pay almost 2000$ of a machine you shouldn't need to open it first and check if parts have fallen of.
Better thermal epoxy needed or some quality control maybe?

2000$ miner shouldn't overheat and burn if it lose internet. 

Not GPUs hanging from wires but still not yet very matured products.

vortexz
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:39:44 AM

I agree with you, the quality of the S7 is extremely poor, it's not the quality of a 2.000 $ hardware.Anything these days that you pay 2.000 $ for is top-notch, state of the art.
S7 is a piece of sh*t,extremely bad quality, even the S3 which was 0.6 BTC with shipping included had much better build quality.
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:10:38 AM

honestly i don't get why you guys are buying them anyhow, with that high price and diff jumps like crazy is even with low elec. Price is time until you ROI close to 1 Year if at all...
Mr.paul

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:35:35 PM

hi guys ... anyone get batch 1 refund information ? Cry Cry
when oct still get a email reply will get soon...
but now is dec still no any respond from bitmain SadSad

Don't hold your breath, you won't get it. Look into the S4 psu "compensation" promises from Bitmain.

Yes it sucks....nothing but a broken promise

Par for the course, unfortunately. I wish they'd just outright say "Too bad, it's late, you're SOL. Thank you for your business." instead of making promises they know they won't keep.

Big company can't do a little promise..  just know keep selling product.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:44:50 PM

Cycled power on my s7 and the front fan started twitching .  Had to spin it by hand to get it to go.
Probably will replace soon. At least these have two fans instead of one like the s5.
It is at the datacenter so I was lucky I had to cycle in person.
I'll have to cycle again when I go there in the next few days to see if it repeats.
Keep an eye out.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
bbOOmm

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 05:53:26 PM

I'm looking to purchase ~~~one~~~ more S7 B3 to fill out a rack shelf with the same model & batch number ( makes maintenance,upgrading etc, simple when you keep the same of anything all together)

Does anyone have a S7 B3 that is giving them some trouble with heatsinks, bad fan etc... or you just dont like the B3.... Let me know, I'm looking to purchase if the price is right.

Shipping probably would be required since .... hardly anyone in Wisconsin mines even though they make good heaters in winter.

Thanks

Grin

aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:59:26 PM

Rich

It looks like this:

hate to break some bad news, but they put that in the s5 cgminer.conf too.. and the s5 definitely cant be voltage adjusted that way.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:05:04 PM

Rich

It looks like this:

hate to break some bad news, but they put that in the s5 cgminer.conf too.. and the s5 definitely cant be voltage adjusted that way.

Pretty sure the S7 is a string design, which apparently lead to not being able to set the voltage with software. You would need a buck step down instead.

Not sure whats the big deal with their latest design schemes. Considering how much profit they make per unit, you'd think they could afford few extra bucks per boards manufactured to allow Volt control.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
RichBC

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:08:56 PM

Pretty sure the S7 is a string design, which apparently lead to not being able to set the voltage with software. You would need a buck step down instead.

Not sure whats the big deal with their latest design schemes. Considering how much profit they make per unit, you'd think they could afford few extra bucks per boards manufactured to allow Volt control.

It's more complicated than that and it's like noone is reading my post from further up the page?   So I'll repeat it here. Smiley  Smiley

OK let's not get carried away here. We know that Batches 1 to 5 and 7, the 162 chip Systems, are a straight string design and are not voltage adjustable except by varying the Supply Voltage. Any Voltage numbers in the /config/cgminer.conf are merely a leftover from previous miners that were adjustable and will do nothing if changed.

The Miners that might be adjustable are the 135 Chip Batch 6 & 8. However although we suspect there might be a Buck Controller this is not yet confirmed. If there is one then it might have a fixed voltage like S1 & S3. Or if we get very lucky it might be software voltage adjustable. Bitmain might make this directly adjustable from within the GUI like S4 or it may need the cgminer.conf to be edited.

All of these questions will be easy to answer when we can get a picture of the Batch 6/8 Hash Board and if there is a software controllable Buck Converter people can then explore play with the cgminer.conf setting.

Rich

→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Hard-Disk Mineable Cryptocurrency !! B U R S T C O I N 💰 Cheap Price & Easy to Invest - CHECK IT OUT NOW! !! →→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→→ 💰 Asset exchange, Automatic transactions, Escrow system & More !!
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:24:23 PM

rich its batch 1,3,5,7
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3864

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:35:10 PM

rich its batch 1,3,5,7

B2 and B4 are also 162 chip systems, only B6 and B8 are 135 chip systems so far.
Pages: « 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: