Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:30:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: You are in the Gambling section. You are likely to eventually lose any money that you gamble/"invest". Additionally, moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Do not gamble more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] MinerFarm - Virtual Mining Game for Real Bitcoin  (Read 85375 times)
Tinua

Activity: 871
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:43:26 PM

Could it be possible to sell ownership of a pool?  Of course, your still end up potential for individuals to take over ownership and change fee structure of pool, which woul still be unfair to miners...of course, current owners could also do this.

Is there anything to stop pool owners from charging an entry fee and then a week later changing the fee structure to a very high fee, thus making the entry fee unfair or do owners choose between an entry fee or a fixed block fee.

This game have to reflect the real mining life.......
In there Pools come and go......
Some are serious........some are bastards.

So, miners have to choose carefully, which pool they trust.
Pools with low fee have more risk, that the owner give up, because he will never get the pool maintenace fee back.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tinua

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:46:13 PM

Only thing is, if everyone joins a zero hash rate pool, most people would lose money.  If 10000 people are all in one pool and we'll just assume they all have 10GH then they ha e divide an earned block of .017 by 10000...theyd lose money.
Possible...but not all can count correctly. ;-)
Beside...most hashrate is from free 10Gh miners with multiple accounts....so it will still destroy the game for all others.
aliser (OP)

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:46:58 PM

This is unfortunately not possible, because when the pool is closed then there is a responsibility occurs to pool members. And if pool members paid a fee to join to pool, then there should be a refund from the pool owner. We have to think from every different angle. Pool owner can sell his miners and quit anyway, then fee is paid to system not to pool owner.

If this "ghost-pool" have a fee of 0%, he will suck all the aviable hashrate of the system, the other pools will bleed out and nobody have to pay for it?
And as Bonus, the "ghost pool" also get randomly fresh 10Gh miners from the system.

If the pool have a "join to pool fee", and the pool go "bankrupt" then the members simply join the wrong pool and are the losers....like in real life.
But thats a one time punishment and does not affect the other pool owners or distorts the whole game.

Looks not funny for others.....especially, since we can expect more of such "ghost pools" in the future.

There is no such thing as "ghost-pool". So all your assumptions are invalid.

On the contrary, we are trying to avoid a ghost-pool. The purpose is, if pool owner quits the game nothing should change for the pool members. They will continue to earn as if they have a pool owner, and they will continue to pay the pool fee as if they have pool owner. But since they do not have a pool owner, they will pay to the game.

To make it more clear, nothing changes in terms of earnings and fees for the pool members if their pool creator quits the game. They do not have any disadvantage or advantage against other pools. We think this is the most fair system.
Tinua

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 09:56:50 PM

That means, I can come tomorrow and open up a 0% fee pool, sell my miner and disappear?

I guess the other pool owners do not share your view!

Anyway, you're the game manager.
Participation is indeed voluntary.
ElscottHavoc

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 10:02:25 PM

That means, I can come tomorrow and open up a 0% fee pool, sell my miner and disappear?

But a 0% fee pool may not be profitable if there are a very large member base.  How much you earn in a pool is a function of your hash rate percentage to the entire pool.  

There will still need to be new pools to open up to ensure that there are pools of varying hash rates and where members can find better yields even with higher pool fees.

And in the event the pool isn't profitable at zero percent, many of those members will simply stop logging in or leave the pool, thus slowly lowering the hash rate of the pool.

It's yet to be seen as the game expands, but I think there will be incentives for opening new pools or joint higher fee pools as we can go forward.

Perhaps going forward Pool can be private or password protected to allow collaboration and cooperation between like minded members.  In that way, perhaps you could have a pool owner open a pool, even with a 10% fee or so, but perhaps that fee would be justfied because it's a 'private pool'.  You know what I mean?
Tinua

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:06:54 PM

But a 0% fee pool may not be profitable if there are a very large member base.  How much you earn in a pool is a function of your hash rate percentage to the entire pool.  

There will still need to be new pools to open up to ensure that there are pools of varying hash rates and where members can find better yields even with higher pool fees.

You think to much..... Wink
You think to smart.... ;-)

90% is free Hashrate.
Most of them are not so clever. (means not I am clever)

Or why stay so many people in 2% pool with most hashrate?

ElscottHavoc

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 10:09:44 PM

But a 0% fee pool may not be profitable if there are a very large member base.  How much you earn in a pool is a function of your hash rate percentage to the entire pool. 

You think to much..... Wink
You think to smart.... ;-)

90% is free Hashrate.
Most of them are not so clever.
Or why stay so many people in 2% pool with most hashrate?

I have to try and think smart so I can give good help and advice and strategies on MinerFarmForums.com  Even though I am not admin of MinerFarm I try to give as much assistance and education as possible.
aliser (OP)

Activity: 826

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:09:57 PM

I didn't get your point, could you be more specific please?

Because anyone can create 0% fee pool anytime they want, you don't need to quit the game for that. And there is no restrictions about this.

However, if someone creates a 0% fee pool, than there might be too many people joining this pool. If there are too many members, than the prize will be shared between too many players. Which means the earnings per player will be less. So most probably, clever players will go for higher earnings instead of 0% fee, crowded pools.

If pool owner quits the game, this harms only the pool owner. Nothing changes for pool members in terms of their earnings and their costs.

There is a cost of creating pool, if the pool owner quits then he would lost this paid cost + fee earnings + mining earnings. So the only person who is punished is the  pool owner that quits. Everything remains the same for the pool members.  
Tinua

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:16:39 PM

In 2 or 3 month we will have several low fee pools without "owners"
Means the hashrate will spread to several "no owner" pools.

This way, no serious owner can run a pool in a way and with a fee that cover the pool cost.
And this is bad for the fun factor of the game.

You must not misunderstand me ..I like your game.
But the actual system disturbs a bit the fun.

Anyway, just my opinion. ;-)
masterconqueror

Activity: 114
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 10:34:43 PM

This way, no serious owner can run a pool in a way and with a fee that cover the pool cost.

Aliser trying to tell same thing many times.
"No owner" Pool isnt bad for pool users. It is only bad for Pool owner only.
There isnt any difference between "Pool with owner" and "Pool without owner" for other pools.
ElscottHavoc

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2015, 11:22:00 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2015, 11:54:39 PM by ElscottHavoc

I think I see what you're saying.

I think that assumes the block value will remain the same.
So, if the current block now is worth .017BTC and divided by 100,000GH s that over time the block value of .017BTC will be divided by 200,000GH s thus each member would receive a constantly diluted share or that over time the chances of earning a block with the same hash rate will decrease as network hash rate increases, thus each pool that opens would have a constantly lower chance of earning a block at all.

That said though, I can't say for sure, but I was under the assumption the block value was adjusted for hash rate.  This as more users come on the higher the block reward.

Although, just as in real life, blocks are still only worth so much and yet we are constantly adding more hash power and the difficulty of mining gets harder and harder.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:11:23 AM

I didn't get your point, could you be more specific please?

Because anyone can create 0% fee pool anytime they want, you don't need to quit the game for that. And there is no restrictions about this.

However, if someone creates a 0% fee pool, than there might be too many people joining this pool. If there are too many members, than the prize will be shared between too many players. Which means the earnings per player will be less. So most probably, clever players will go for higher earnings instead of 0% fee, crowded pools.

If pool owner quits the game, this harms only the pool owner. Nothing changes for pool members in terms of their earnings and their costs.

There is a cost of creating pool, if the pool owner quits then he would lost this paid cost + fee earnings + mining earnings. So the only person who is punished is the  pool owner that quits. Everything remains the same for the pool members. 

It is a lot like RL, then, based on what I'm reading (i.e., when a pool hits 50%+, people start dispersing into other pools). The same should theoretically be happening in the game, I'd think.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
ElscottHavoc

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 01:57:30 AM

I wonder then, if such is the case, if over time admin will add more powerful and efficient virtual miners.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:27:36 AM

I wonder then, if such is the case, if over time admin will add more powerful and efficient virtual miners.

I'm going to say probably yes, once there's more money being brought on board. As it is, I don't think the high end ones are being bought at all/often enough. I think he's emulating the real world (over time, it will increase in efficiency/power).

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
Everybitbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 05:44:14 AM

is every new member registered will get free 10ghs? im new and want to register here Smiley
is the free ghs will expired? and can we withdraw if got some profit with it

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:06:27 AM

is every new member registered will get free 10ghs? im new and want to register here Smiley

The 10 GH/s is given automatically, and it has no "expiration." It does, however, degrade in the game. It looks like it's 1% or so per day (so it lasts 100 days I believe).

bigjuk

Activity: 1088
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:38:02 AM

#3789566   2015-10-02 08:09:34   1 amount of Technician Hire on Employee Market   -0.00020000฿   0.00167642฿
i rent this service today but not happened Shocked
user:bigjuk

tennozer

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

Bonus Claim Url: http://betonline.wager.bz

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 06:40:23 AM

#3789566   2015-10-02 08:09:34   1 amount of Technician Hire on Employee Market   -0.00020000฿   0.00167642฿
i rent this service today but not happened Shocked
user:bigjuk

You must enter your inventory and click the repair button in your miners line. Then You will see your miner is repairing in your repair room. After repairing you must restart your miner too in your inventory.

Everybitbit

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 08:16:44 AM

The 10 GH/s is given automatically, and it has no "expiration." It does, however, degrade in the game. It looks like it's 1% or so per day (so it lasts 100 days I believe).
ahh thanks for explain, however im registered here. so its just like this? and let it run?
but now i dont have enuf funds to but another ghs.. hehe

vrcointrader

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:21:48 AM

Yes the owner of cryptocoinbank pool has sold his miner to recoup losses but not walked away and still has the free 10 GH miner, cryptocoinbank pool has 1/3 of the hashing power of nastypool yet in the last 24 hours Nastypool has cracked 9 blocks and cryptocoinbank pool has cracked none.  Not cost effective.  The game is set to just about cover the running costs, so far approx 6 BTC has been withdrawn but I bet most of this is people taking the money out they ploughed in, not coins they've earned through the game. I don't see how anyone can do anything about someone quitting a "game".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 »
  Print  

Jump to: