Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:24:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 548 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CRYPTSY stopping withdraw locking accounts without notifying users! Class Action  (Read 1006470 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:16:34 AM

You guys are going tinfoil hat again.  Admins had a small amount of BTC and some Points float to resolve any customer issues that arise. All I had to do was send that guy some coins to fix the error we had. I probably sent it via trade key even. I thought I was fair to him and it was good compensation. I don'e see it, but if there was a source code question, odds are someone updated me with a message saying there was a fork or update on a wallet and I asked for the code so I could send it to one of our wallet guys and save some time.

When someone says...

Hello,

Do you by chance have link to the source code of the newest wallet? I can check against ours and see what's up.

.. it can only mean one thing ! YOU HAVE ACCESS TO THE FUCKING CODE !

WTF !! You're a coder/dev too ? Huh

Did you go to the same mudderFUDdin dev/coder school as Crustynton and meee ?? LMAO

Happy Newb Year dumbass ! Tongue

Actually, It does not mean I have access to the wallet code.   Our wallet status page ( with no accessible code)  lists the version number and block of the wallet we are on.  This allows customer service agents to see if they need to report a chain that is off or something when comparing to current block on explorer.  You are twisting words to make what you want, but you are dead wrong. In this case, I assume someone asked if we were on the current version. I asked for source of coin to see if it was wallet version we were on. Simple as that. Sorry, no conspiracy for you today Sad Sorry to disappoint.

I am 100% on Horus's side here on this particular point -- It is more plausible than not that customer service agents (and horus) would have access to basic info like wallet version. Even the public can see a simplified version of what Horus describes here: https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/status

It would be absolutely trivial to add wallet version to it. Sorry Hippie Tech, nothing to see here, but I'm sure there is elsewhere. My current leading theory is that BigVern is under a gag order by US. Govt. because of their involvement with GAW (and possibly other issues, such as many occasions where accounts had negative balances b/c of Cryptsy's flawed trade engine), and is unable to allow withdrawals as the feds have seized the cold wallets to perform an audit. This could explain why deposits still work and rarely someone reports a very small withdrawal working after huge delays, and why BigVern might not be allowed to tell others what the real issue is. Many times, these kinds of gag orders and investigations are performed in secret, so only those who absolutely must know about it are informed and everyone else is left in the dark. Increased KYC scrutiny is also explained by this as cryptsy would want to get their shit together ASAP if they know the government is looking at them, so they would force people to upgrade their verification level.

I respect your insight about Horus.

Interesting, if the other is true and they (whoever they are) allow Cryptsy to continue operating.
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:30:40 AM
Last edit: January 01, 2016, 02:44:41 AM by bones261

Even if this is due to an investigation due to GAW,  Cryptsy still deserves to be a dot-gone. We all know Vern and Garza were in bed together bumping uglies.  Wish I could have taken that HashStaker that I bought and shoved it right up both of their asses. However, they probably would have enjoyed that. Yeah, I bought a HashStaker due to greed, so I'll take some of the blame. However, I was a noob back them.
Cheesy
peonminer

Activity: 798
Merit: 531

Crypto is King.

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:39:33 AM

Horus for class Pres. Wink
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:57:24 AM

I take it Cryptsy staff have still been getting paid this last 3 months ?
Mullick has fallen off the planet for damn near two months too..
I have not seen him on Cryptsy chat in ages or on this topic in 120 pages prob.

New guys to this topic here.. You do know BigVern has commented here eh ?
Early on this topic BigVern had responded to this and never came back again citing FUD etc.

FUD first & ask questions later™
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:13:37 AM

the only thing working there is the hot wallets. i think people have mistaken doge working etc because there is more coins in larger supply coins in hot wallet.

im assuming deposits go from peoples deposit addresses-> hot wallet.
when hot wallet reaches a threshold it moves a portion to cold wallet

new user deposits are hitting the hot and paying queued withdraws.
if someone deposits say 10,000 doge and hot wallet empty then withdraws of 50k cant be met but the lower ones process.

i couldnt get 100k doge out yesterday. after 8 hours no withdraw. horus cancelled and i took 600,000 netcoin out. it went in 3 mins. thats because netcoin hot wallet has coins. it will eventually fail if its drained....

think about it it makes sense dash, ltc, btc, doge... major withdraw coins all failing likely empty. i got 2ltc out but it took 8 days. i bet some poor sod deposited 5 ltc and there were bigger withdraws hence mine processing.

honestly if you wanted to arb under these conditions its risky but you could buy doge cheap elsewhere deposit to cryptsy sell at high doge price and convert to cheaper alt coin and rip it out assuming the coin has supply.

my guess is verns in trouble... think about it. he doesnt update team comms because of legality. yet tweets wallets in maintenence. nobody is manually doing cold to hot top ups. its running on hot wallet fumes.

vern is doing cryptsy china as its outside of homesoil crack down.

chances are cryptsy were under the radar flying. josh garza brought the attention they didnt need but vern and marshall did get involved. watch for josh's court case vern will be called as a witness. if so then im sure the above is true.

id advise people to find an alt they like that hasnt jumped and withdraw then bunker down. its going to take months. i think i'll move to poloniex. any other exchanges that seem to work well and reputation?
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:44:56 AM

Take pride in your Job Cryptsy Staff ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:49:56 AM

id advise people to find an alt they like that hasnt jumped and withdraw then bunker down. its going to take months. i think i'll move to poloniex. any other exchanges that seem to work well and reputation?

Bittrex is OK.  If a wallet looks like it is not working, the market for the coin is shut down too. They also have logic in place to immediately shut down a market if it notices something strange is going on with the coin supply. Also, Bittrex rarely ever stakes a coin. I think they have done it a few times to help a dev get a blockchain unstuck. They certainly are not perfect, but they try hard.
o0o0
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1021

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 03:57:19 AM

Bittrex is OK.  If a wallet looks like it is not working, the market for the coin is shut down too. They also have logic in place to immediately shut down a market if it notices something strange is going on with the coin supply. Also, Bittrex rarely ever stakes a coin. I think they have done it a few times to help a dev get a blockchain unstuck. They certainly are not perfect, but they try hard.

sounds good. exchanges staking coins sucks. cryptsy does it and have stated they dont but one needs to just check the coins blockchain for proof that cryptsy did it. is bittrex the one with that richie guy? ive seen him comment or is that bttr or whatever it is?

cryptsy likely wont recover from this
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:00:37 AM

sounds good. exchanges staking coins sucks. cryptsy does it and have stated they dont but one needs to just check the coins blockchain for proof that cryptsy did it. is bittrex the one with that richie guy? ive seen him comment or is that bttr or whatever it is?

cryptsy likely wont recover from this

Yes, Bittrex has a Richie. He's the one that announces new listings on Twitter and is one of the founders of Bittrex.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 04:43:47 AM

the only thing working there is the hot wallets. i think people have mistaken doge working etc because there is more coins in larger supply coins in hot wallet.

im assuming deposits go from peoples deposit addresses-> hot wallet.
when hot wallet reaches a threshold it moves a portion to cold wallet

new user deposits are hitting the hot and paying queued withdraws.
if someone deposits say 10,000 doge and hot wallet empty then withdraws of 50k cant be met but the lower ones process.

i couldnt get 100k doge out yesterday. after 8 hours no withdraw. horus cancelled and i took 600,000 netcoin out. it went in 3 mins. thats because netcoin hot wallet has coins. it will eventually fail if its drained....

think about it it makes sense dash, ltc, btc, doge... major withdraw coins all failing likely empty. i got 2ltc out but it took 8 days. i bet some poor sod deposited 5 ltc and there were bigger withdraws hence mine processing.

honestly if you wanted to arb under these conditions its risky but you could buy doge cheap elsewhere deposit to cryptsy sell at high doge price and convert to cheaper alt coin and rip it out assuming the coin has supply.

my guess is verns in trouble... think about it. he doesnt update team comms because of legality. yet tweets wallets in maintenence. nobody is manually doing cold to hot top ups. its running on hot wallet fumes.

vern is doing cryptsy china as its outside of homesoil crack down.

chances are cryptsy were under the radar flying. josh garza brought the attention they didnt need but vern and marshall did get involved. watch for josh's court case vern will be called as a witness. if so then im sure the above is true.

Yep, them three-eye boys have Marshall Long and Leo Iruke's numbers, especially since Leo was directly connected that major penny stock takedown. HAHAHA
Kn_os
Legendary

Activity: 1055
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 06:37:18 AM

F.. Cryptsy staff, while holding btc withdraw for everyone else they do not forget about self :| 2.7 btc from old wallet went to horus wallet :| And it is realy Horus's adress, he posted this adress to chat once.

Sender   Cryptsy.com-old
to
1horusGyp5m91W9xbw249Sk1q8i8iJFuB   [ee09e0f2f4]   2.7         BTC   next tx
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 07:31:33 AM

F.. Cryptsy staff, while holding btc withdraw for everyone else they do not forget about self :| 2.7 btc from old wallet went to horus wallet :| And it is realy Horus's adress, he posted this adress to chat once.

Sender   Cryptsy.com-old
to

Happy New Year everybody! Grin

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 09:59:30 AM

Sender   Cryptsy.com-old
to

Happy New Year everybody! Grin

The hell you say! I spent midnight on the shitter while digger up dirt on master-P and missed a couple eggnog enemas.
HelloBuddies

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 10:33:20 AM

Actually, It does not mean I have access to the wallet code.   Our wallet status page ( with no accessible code)  lists the version number and block of the wallet we are on.  This allows customer service agents to see if they need to report a chain that is off or something when comparing to current block on explorer.  You are twisting words to make what you want, but you are dead wrong. In this case, I assume someone asked if we were on the current version. I asked for source of coin to see if it was wallet version we were on. Simple as that. Sorry, no conspiracy for you today Sad Sorry to disappoint.

What 'exactly' is going on then, Vern?  If you send an email to your tech monkies .. if you have any .. what is the exact verbiage that you get back in email, describing what the * is the issue?  Certainly you have done that .. and certainly they have replied, and certainly they haven't said .. "we have no f***g clue!"

The sad fact is, withdrawals are purposefully delayed, the money is undoubtedly being jacked for other purposes while BTC is high .. and you figure it will drop and you can use re-purchased BTC at a lower rate to fulfill those withdrawals, or simply start to burn one person to pay another, which most failed crypto operations do just before they disappear.
the_poet
Legendary

Activity: 1137
Merit: 1035

Bitcoin accepted here

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:28:08 AM

Just found this thread. MtGox 2.0?

Under construction.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 11:47:24 AM

In fact.

I've been buying KARMA and withdraw those coins from Cryptsy. So, yes BTC/LTC/DASH has problems, but i won't lose any money at all!!!! KARMA works, i already withdraw 200M coins. MOON works... so if you want to get your money out of cryptsy. BUY KARM and move your coins to Yobit. I've asked Yobit dev to add a LTC market, i have ask him to add MOON too. So .... people know what they have to do....
wooder

Activity: 324
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:47:17 PM

In fact.

I've been buying KARMA and withdraw those coins from Cryptsy. So, yes BTC/LTC/DASH has problems, but i won't lose any money at all!!!! KARMA works, i already withdraw 200M coins. MOON works... so if you want to get your money out of cryptsy. BUY KARM and move your coins to Yobit. I've asked Yobit dev to add a LTC market, i have ask him to add MOON too. So .... people know what they have to do....

So converting BTC to shitcoins like KARMA or MOON which are traded no where else is a good idea?

I would say, you can just leave your coins on the exchange and let it stay there as you will end up in both situations with nothing.

Please check for yourself and don't follow braindead trading advises like this one.

DOGE seems to be the only high volume currency to get out right now (with ~25% loss)
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 01:47:40 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2016, 04:42:07 PM by AngryDwarf

In fact.

You can trade both of these coins on Bleutrade too. Bleutrade is good for small traders using the DOGE pair markets. I've also signed up for Bittrex and Poloniex too, but the minimum order size is much higher. (I think one of them also state the auto cancel partially filled orders with less then the minimum order size remaining, so there is the potential to be left with sht coin). Market price API's are so much better than craptsy's api on all of them.

Edit: Just clear up any FUD, its Vircurex that cancels any orders with a remaining balance less than the minimum order size. Didn't fancy having anything to do with that exchange to be honest.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
AngryDwarf

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 01, 2016, 02:02:16 PM

In fact.

So converting BTC to shitcoins like KARMA or MOON which are traded no where else is a good idea?

I would say, you can just leave your coins on the exchange and let it stay there as you will end up in both situations with nothing.

Please check for yourself and don't follow braindead trading advises like this one.

DOGE seems to be the only high volume currency to get out right now (with ~25% loss)

I kind of agree, both of these coins are dump coins with missing devs and either non-functional wallets or compiled wallets that can only be acquired from non official sources. I dumped what small coins I had in SYS, with the upcoming SYS developments it was worth a gamble and what might become a good coin.

Scaling and transaction rate: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=532.msg6306#msg6306
Do not allow demand to exceed capacity. Do not allow mempools to forget transactions. Relay all transactions. Eventually confirm all transactions.
Tsquared

Activity: 500

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2016, 02:10:49 PM

In fact.

Post in another thread indicates there may be DOGE withdrawal delays now also.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237953.msg13415387#msg13415387

TT
Pages: « 1 ... 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 [159] 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 ... 548 »
  Print  

Jump to: