Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 09:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it a good long term investment to buy 1 BTC today?  (Read 253325 times)
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:34:15 PM

I wouldnt consider 1 BTC as an investment  as current bitcoin price is not favourable for holdlers

Really? Explain me why... I am a holder myself, and as a holder I don't care about the current price as my focus is pointed at the future price.
how much you are sure about the future price of bitcoin? the above guy is correct. this is not the time of buying bitcoin. I am not saying that bitcoin well get dead or disappear. but as we can see there is no any good movement happened in bitcoin price from last 3 months.. even after halving bitcoin price is getting dropped..
I don't know about others but I my self will just wait and see what will happen next.

There are no guarantees when it comes to Bitcoin for obvious reasons. But as a solid holder I believe in its future. I have done my buying well below the $400 level, and my target is to hold for a few years. Back then we had the same thing going on as we have right now. People were sure the price would fall below $300 again as there was nothing happening. The price didn't move much. And look where we stand now.
I think you did a good purchase if you bought the bitcoin at such a low price. Now really possible until the end of the year you will get a good profit. According to forecasts of the price will be very significant.

Yup it was really good price to buy bitcoins, and as of now he sells then he have already made descent profits, but its better to hold them till the end of the year.

the best option is currently only wait until the end of the year, if you are a holder. the current price is very stable and if you have more money might be better buying to see prices increase at the end of the year. but a small amount should better do a trade, rather than just watching and waiting for prices to rise.

That's the right thing to do, instead of simply holding it its better to trade with them and try to grow our coins for the future, so if you have more coins then you can earn more profits in future.
youhgt2

Activity: 124
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 06:39:09 PM

if you are going for long term investment then you should invest good amount of bitcoin, one bitcoin for long term investment mean just wasting your time, because you have to wait for a long time and at the end you will get the profit of only one bitcoin therefore if you are interested in long term investment then you must invest a good amount of bitcoin.
Akupuniard

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 06:58:25 PM

Depend on term, if it's really very long term, yes, but if you think that you will get easy million dollars in 1 year you are wrong and  better not to.

angryswamp

Activity: 268

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 08:48:41 PM

I wouldnt consider 1 BTC as an investment  as current bitcoin price is not favourable for holdlers

Really? Explain me why... I am a holder myself, and as a holder I don't care about the current price as my focus is pointed at the future price.
how much you are sure about the future price of bitcoin? the above guy is correct. this is not the time of buying bitcoin. I am not saying that bitcoin well get dead or disappear. but as we can see there is no any good movement happened in bitcoin price from last 3 months.. even after halving bitcoin price is getting dropped..
I don't know about others but I my self will just wait and see what will happen next.

That's true its better to keep an close watch on market at a moment, as price is going down and I don't think people are interested in buying at a moment or else price would have been higher.

If price is lower at a moment then I think we should buy some coins now, as price will go higher in future so at that time we can make good profits by selling them.
the price is really low at the moment, thats why im buying my bitcoins right now, im pretty sure that it can bring me some nice profit fast

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Dobmaster

Activity: 464

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 06:44:04 AM

Still many people remember the price for 1 bitcoin $ 1,200 and now all in anticipation of raising prices cryptocurrency, but after the price has fallen by almost two, sales increased risk and many will not. A price stability only after an explicit demand may be.

In fact, the price of bitcoin is quite stable in the last two weeks. It just dropped about 5% in the mean time. According to bitcoin standards, it is very stable.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
MariusAr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 10:04:06 AM

I'd say it is, but why stop at just one BTC? Try 5 Smiley
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 10:40:34 AM

Depends on how long is long for you.If you can hold it for 10 years,I would say buy it because it is going to give you good return but if you are looking to hold for only 1-2 years,you should wait further and buy below $530
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:26:43 AM

In fact, the price of bitcoin is quite stable in the last two weeks. It just dropped about 5% in the mean time. According to bitcoin standards, it is very stable.

It's not stable but rather a slow price movement that sustainable within a given period of time for a short term.

There is no bitcoin stable price. It will never happened as long as people will treat this currency for investment purposes.
FreshFund

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2016, 11:34:04 AM

It's not stable but rather a slow price movement that sustainable within a given period of time for a short term.

There is no bitcoin stable price. It will never happened as long as people will treat this currency for investment purposes.

Aren't all currencies and commodities used for investment?
Is that really the reason that it's so volatile?

It's being used more and more to acquire tangible goods, and accepted by more major companies than ever.
Couldn't there be another catalyst to the extreme fluctuations?

NEM:NDMFCC-HHUNIX-M3SHZY-YNM5VK-BYZ6ZU-FVQXHB-H6GB
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:44:37 AM

That's true its better to keep an close watch on market at a moment, as price is going down and I don't think people are interested in buying at a moment or else price would have been higher.
I think that people are not interested in buying bitcoin is stable prices. you can see bitcoin trading volume on the exchange today. tends to fall when prices begin to stabilize. and the volume will be larger when rapid price movement. I think buying bitcoin at this time is not quite right #imo
LC1007

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 11:57:38 AM

I think that people are not interested in buying bitcoin is stable prices. you can see bitcoin trading volume on the exchange today. tends to fall when prices begin to stabilize. and the volume will be larger when rapid price movement. I think buying bitcoin at this time is not quite right #imo

What price would you feel comfortable buying at then?  Is your opinion based on short term investment or long term?
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:04:21 PM

Aren't all currencies and commodities used for investment?

Good point but other commodities is actively used in the market more than investment. Gold is famous for investment but on the other hand, it was actively distributed and used globally. Fiat currencies, it's obvious why the price is quiet stable. Oil, it was used actively in the world.

Is that really the reason that it's so volatile?

There is another reason too but one factor for commodities to have such active fluctuation is how people will treat the said commodity more often.

oceanriver

Activity: 223

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 04:49:36 PM

What price would you feel comfortable buying at then?  Is your opinion based on short term investment or long term?
there are people who think that the price is always too high no matter what numbers it shows so i guess we cannot do anything about it
dinda22
Legendary

Activity: 1232

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:01:56 PM

when referring to the long-term, the price range of $500 is a good time to buy, because I believe in the future the price will most likely be over $1k. but based on the short term, it is difficult to measure the current price, because the bitcoin price is very stable.
Corenin
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 19, 2016, 05:08:08 PM

when referring to the long-term, the price range of $500 is a good time to buy, because I believe in the future the price will most likely be over $1k. but based on the short term, it is difficult to measure the current price, because the bitcoin price is very stable.

But do you think that price will go to $500 in coming days? As price is stable around $570 at a moment so I don't think that its possible to happen in next few days or weeks.
bluechipinvestor

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:51:48 AM

Well, I think many will say yes with the intention to pump price.
But I think it's worth if you consider the technology and the potential for adoption it has.
safari88
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1026

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 04:56:56 AM

Well, I think many will say yes with the intention to pump price.
But I think it's worth if you consider the technology and the potential for adoption it has.

buying 1 BTC is not worth for long-term investment. This will be futile as long as you wait. do not expect that the price could reach $ 100,000 in the future. so buy more feasible if you want long-term investment.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
drwtsn32

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:00:32 AM

Of course. Even if it's 1 BTC or 0.01 BTC it does not matter.
Buying bitcoins is an investment itself. We bitcoin-people believe that bitcoin will increase its price and be very successful in the future.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:18:50 AM

Buying bitcoins is an investment itself. We bitcoin-people believe that bitcoin will increase its price and be very successful in the future.

well i think that much difference matter a lot.
if you buy 1 BTC you are holding $570 value coin and whichever side the price goes your money changes a lot with it too (up or down)
but with 0.01BTC you are only holding $5.7 which changes nothing for you whether price goes up or down.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Zooplus
Legendary

Activity: 1106

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 05:28:36 AM

well i think that much difference matter a lot.
if you buy 1 BTC you are holding $570 value coin and whichever side the price goes your money changes a lot with it too (up or down)
but with 0.01BTC you are only holding $5.7 which changes nothing for you whether price goes up or down.
Definitely true, that was just non sense if you are waiting for a long period of time to see the price increase of bitcoin when you only have that kind of little investment, we should be serious in investing bitcoin and put some decent amount to get a decent income.
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: