Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:51:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471701 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bighodler

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:55:41 PM

What is the price that we expect to sell @ for the "Big deal"?

2500 sats (market cap ~$12M) seems popular in OTC trading

Yea, but these potential buyers won't buy at (currently quite illiquid) market rate when they know that their association alone (not to mention their future efforts) will boost IOTA by a significant amount. This is a symbiotic relationship, we can't expect to be parasites on their previous success which has given them the position they are in.

What price do they expect?

EDIT: And a comment. Even at illiquid market rate it is very small valuation. If adding their name make valuation much bigger then why is it so bad to buy at market OTC rate? If they like 2.5% they must believe in future, so what is market rate for such little valuation to such big fish? Don't talk back to me about parasites. I am simply discussing and this is no way to talk to person. I am not against special price, but you don't expect deal to be made without discussion.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Voidcrafter

Activity: 481
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:04:38 AM

Is the big promoter / buyer some crypto-person or from the real business / software world ?

.Удиви мeня
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Бapaxoлкa CCCP - иcтopии и paccкaзы
 Coчи 360 - Иcтopии из жизни
 - Днeвник ГУФИкa иcтopии пpo coбaк
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:52:03 AM

EDIT: These buyers are organizations? or individuals?

they are organizations with the best reputation in this space.
d-trix

Activity: 459

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:17:46 AM

Sounds like a good deal from well established organization, everything to gain and nothing to lose.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:21:53 AM

Might make sense to get a price point from investors up front so we don't have a bunch of "deals" back out last minute.
Tobo

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:35:57 AM

Sounds like a good deal from well established organization, everything to gain and nothing to lose.

True, the gain will be pretty big.You can tell it from what they have done before. I believe every iotacoin holder will regret if we can't get the deal just because there are not enough people to participate.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:44:26 AM

There need's to be more transparency in regards to the deal, the entity involved, the expected price and volume they want, and what their plan is for the protocol going forward. 

I don't see how users can evaluate the merits of offering their Iotas up without further transparency. I also think presenting things in this current manner publicly looks rather odd (even if truly legitimate).

True, the gain will be pretty big.You can tell it from what they have done before. I believe every iotacoin holder will regret if we can't get the deal just because there are not enough people to participate.
hashtag101

Activity: 419

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:47:29 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 02:00:43 AM by hashtag101

Yea, but these potential buyers won't buy at (currently quite illiquid) market rate when they know that their association alone (not to mention their future efforts) will boost IOTA by a significant amount. This is a symbiotic relationship, we can't expect to be parasites on their previous success which has given them the position they are in.

EDIT: And a comment. Even at illiquid market rate it is very small valuation. If adding their name make valuation much bigger then why is it so bad to buy at market OTC rate? If they like 2.5% they must believe in future, so what is market rate for such little valuation to such big fish? Don't talk back to me about parasites. I am simply discussing and this is no way to talk to person. I am not against special price, but you don't expect deal to be made without discussion.

In business its about building relationships.

When we are starting this new relationship, and both parties know that their involvement in and of itself will benefit Iota greatly, don't you think that we should make a gesture that lets them know that we appreciate and value their involvement?

Or should we say: great, there are plenty of people selling, go ahead and buy your Iotas just like everyone else.

Of course that's not how we want to approach the start of a relationship with such a valuable partner.

With all the pumping that usually goes on in this space, David is trying to do his job, by trying to make that appreciative gesture, and at the same time minimize the potential pump that many will try to attach to it.

I would say he's doing just fine at striking that balance, which isn't an easy task. I wouldn't expect any less, given how he's handled our progress so far.

The only reason it is being discussed is because he himself let the community know.

I certainly don't see any reason to give him a hard time about it.
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:54:56 AM

There need's to be more transparency in regards to the deal, the entity involved, the expected price and volume they want, and what their plan is for the protocol going forward. 

I don't see how users can evaluate the merits of offering their Iotas up without further transparency. I also think presenting things in this current manner publicly looks rather odd (even if truly legitimate).

I agree, I'm not a 1MM holder but would like to contribute to said 'deals' but would want further information on who/what/how

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
hashtag101

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 01:58:32 AM

You have to admit that it is impossible  for us to judge if David is handling this correctly when we can't see the whole picture.

This is one of those times where we have to trust the leader we have. He does see the whole picture.

When this is over, I am confident that we will understand why he is releasing the information about this the way he is.

Think about it. He is only acting in Iotas, and our, best interest.

The only question then, is if he is capable of making these assessments.

I myself see no reason to doubt his judgment, and his ability to size up the situation and act accordingly, considering how he has performed as Iotas leader so far.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:05:50 AM

Hmmmm....

The only one that would fit the limited info released so far is Goldman Sachs. This is completely a guess. Don't go starting rumors people.

Grin

Tobo

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:18:09 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 02:50:52 AM by Tobo

I understand everyone including myself wants to know more details. But the non-disclosure agreement (NDA) just does not allow David to reveal anything more at this stage. If the deals are developing well, people will get more information based on the stages of the deals and the contributors eventually will know all the details of the deals in the end. At this stage, only the big picture can be revealed. Also there is no other better way for him to call the attention of all the big coin owners.
bighodler

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:03:26 AM

When we are starting this new relationship, and both parties know that their involvement in and of itself will benefit Iota greatly, don't you think that we should make a gesture that lets them know that we appreciate and value their involvement?

Or should we say: great, there are plenty of people selling, go ahead and buy your Iotas just like everyone else.

Of course that's not how we want to approach the start of a relationship with such a valuable partner.

With all the pumping that usually goes on in this space, David is trying to do his job, by trying to make that appreciative gesture, and at the same time minimize the potential pump that many will try to attach to it.

I would say he's doing just fine at striking that balance, which isn't an easy task. I wouldn't expect any less, given how he's handled our progress so far.

The only reason it is being discussed is because he himself let the community know.

Not valid because:

I have asked David privately these detail. He say "give 25MM blindly" but don't answer basic questions. There is nothing about giving a hard time. I ask basic questions but don't even get a basic answers. When I get basic answers I can make decision. It is a silly expectation otherway.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:11:01 AM

Where can I download IOTA testing client w/o GUI, it seems it has came out

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
hashtag101

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:14:46 AM

Not valid because:

I have asked David privately these detail. He say "give 25MM blindly" but don't answer basic questions. There is nothing about giving a hard time. I ask basic questions but don't even get a basic answers. When I get basic answers I can make decision. It is a silly expectatiorn otherway.

You have the answers. You just dont like the answers you've been given.

You have every right to decide what you want to decide.

Make your choices.

This is very normal in the beginning of potential relationships in business, that may or may not grow any further.

Personally, I would like to see you have more faith in David and his abilities in management.
hashtag101

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:17:17 AM

Where can I download IOTA testing client w/o GUI, it seems it has came out

Join Ryver
bighodler

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:22:07 AM

Hashtag. No, there is no answer. Only silence. Anyway talk to you is not productive. You can do nothing.

David, public or private. We need basic question answered. I have much to include. We all want good partnership, but not blindly. You have my contact and I have send you already my questions.
rtrtcrypto

Activity: 627

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:29:55 AM

I don't think an answer is owed to you (us)... only, I'm not comfortable to personally participate without further information. If the NDA prevents that, I'm ok with it...

In my case, I prefer to donate to the foundation. I will try to contribute where I can.

Hashtag. No, there is no answer. Only silence. Anyway talk to you is not productive. You can do nothing.

David, public or private. We need basic question answered. I have much to include. We all want good partnership, but not blindly. You have my contact and I have send you already my questions.
hashtag101

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:34:31 AM

Fair enough. Ive explained my take on the matter. You are entitled to have your own take as well.

cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:47:00 AM

Thanks, i ve seen it. "Foundation" is clear, but what means "deals". Sorry, i don´t get it.  Embarrassed

ps: Any bounty program in the future, e.g (german) translation or something like that?

Deals means there are potential big investors interested in IOTA and they want to get hold of IOTA below market rates so we are pooling IOTA for this. The big buyers have the capability to increase IOTA adoption globally they have done it before with other coins succesfully.

I wasn't aware that any coin, other than Bitcoin reached global adoption. What are the names of these coins?

Thank you
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: