Bitcoin Forum
August 20, 2024, 05:57:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1473147 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:22:55 PM

Come-from-beyond was very active and supportive for Nxt. Wondering if he still support Nxt and consult the Nxt devs?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 06:24:49 PM

Come-from-beyond was very active and supportive for Nxt. Wondering if he still support Nxt and consult the Nxt devs?

I quitted Nxt development long time ago.
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:29:14 PM

Okay, so you do not longer support Nxt, do you? I was wondering why you did not offer IOTA token on the NXT AE, similar to NEM.

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 07:30:56 PM

Okay, so you do not longer support Nxt, do you? I was wondering why you did not offer IOTA token on the NXT AE, similar to NEM.

Define "support", please.
iotatoken

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 17, 2016, 08:24:44 PM

Because of lack of liquidity of the NXTs we did not offer it on the AE (except for through JINN tokens). Nxt is a fine project, but at the end of the day if the tokens got no liquidity a real company can't do anything with it.

Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 02:52:28 PM

Interesting articles about IOT

http://www.iotnewsnetwork.com/magazine/three-trends-that-will-bring-the-internet-of-things-to-the-forefront/

The Hardware: IoT as a Service
We are now seeing a new breed of “IoT as a service” platforms, known as Smart Tag Consumer Technology companies (STCT), entering the market. They are taking away the need for expensive technology outsourcing houses and making the IoT accessible to manufacturers everywhere. These companies allow manufacturers to incorporate IoT functionality into their goods with virtually no overhead.
Powered by a cloud-based service and requiring no electronics or batteries, the smart tags can be included in a variety of materials, ranging from metal to synthetic laminates, with full branding of the sponsoring company. STCTs offer “Instant-on,” Smart Tag solutions — manufacturers simply need to attach the tag to their product and they are ready to go, only requiring activation by the consumer.
The Smart Tags provide a number of data-gathering functionalities, as well as offer value to customers with product recovery services for lost items. As the technology and functionality develops we will see increasing numbers of producers including tags in their products and a whole lot more value added for customers.

I want my own Smart Tag Consumer Technology company! Grin
CB_project

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 03:30:47 PM

Interesting articles about IOT

http://www.iotnewsnetwork.com/magazine/three-trends-that-will-bring-the-internet-of-things-to-the-forefront/

The Hardware: IoT as a Service
We are now seeing a new breed of “IoT as a service” platforms, known as Smart Tag Consumer Technology companies (STCT), entering the market. They are taking away the need for expensive technology outsourcing houses and making the IoT accessible to manufacturers everywhere. These companies allow manufacturers to incorporate IoT functionality into their goods with virtually no overhead.
Powered by a cloud-based service and requiring no electronics or batteries, the smart tags can be included in a variety of materials, ranging from metal to synthetic laminates, with full branding of the sponsoring company. STCTs offer “Instant-on,” Smart Tag solutions — manufacturers simply need to attach the tag to their product and they are ready to go, only requiring activation by the consumer.
The Smart Tags provide a number of data-gathering functionalities, as well as offer value to customers with product recovery services for lost items. As the technology and functionality develops we will see increasing numbers of producers including tags in their products and a whole lot more value added for customers.

I want my own Smart Tag Consumer Technology company! Grin

thanks for this interesting article
tyz
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 05:59:57 PM

I can follow your argument. But it is much more complicated to get IOTA tokens when you missed the ICO as I do.

I found someone from who I could buy 50k tokens. (S)he offered me to find a trusted escrow. I have to send the money to the escrow and it will hold my Bitcoins until wallet has been released. Then (s)he will send my the tokens and escrow will release my Bitcoin funds. Very complicated this way. It would be much easier to buy NXT and buy some tokens on the platform. Counterparty would have been a more liquid and accessible alternative.

Because of lack of liquidity of the NXTs we did not offer it on the AE (except for through JINN tokens). Nxt is a fine project, but at the end of the day if the tokens got no liquidity a real company can't do anything with it.
iotatoken

View Profile
February 18, 2016, 06:12:10 PM

I can follow your argument. But it is much more complicated to get IOTA tokens when you missed the ICO as I do.

I found someone from who I could buy 50k tokens. (S)he offered me to find a trusted escrow. I have to send the money to the escrow and it will hold my Bitcoins until wallet has been released. Then (s)he will send my the tokens and escrow will release my Bitcoin funds. Very complicated this way. It would be much easier to buy NXT and buy some tokens on the platform. Counterparty would have been a more liquid and accessible alternative.

But that would mess up the entire structure of the crowdsale, at one point they have to end, so regardless of which other tokens we had accepted for sale it would not make it easier to acquire them today for you. The crowdsale was quite well marketed, albeit only lasting a little less than 1 month. This is always the case with these crowdsales. I would highly advise you to exercise judgment before buying from forum users. Soon after release IOTA will be on exchanges where you have (at least more) confidence.

bitbytes

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:09:04 AM

IOTA needs its own Slock.it.  Interesting video on their progress:

http://livestream.com/liftconference/events/4805866/videos/112057104
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:43:19 AM

but that person doesnt risk anything; if IOTA price will be higher then your offer he will sell it on market, and you get back your BTC from escrow and pay fee.
The only right  way is that you and person that have tokens send BTC to escorow and when when seller send tokens gets BTC back

IOTA
WorldCoiner

Activity: 1069
Merit: 682

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2016, 09:55:17 AM

I have blogged about IOTA in German today:
https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/02/19/iotatoken-iota-update-vor-der-beta-phase/
CB_project

Activity: 86

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:06:04 PM

When beta?

Nothing new since the crowdsale
iotatoken

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:34:57 PM

When beta?

Nothing new since the crowdsale

You must not be paying attention. If you join our Ryver you'll see a lot of testing.

iotatoken

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:36:08 PM

IOTA needs its own Slock.it.  Interesting video on their progress:

http://livestream.com/liftconference/events/4805866/videos/112057104

I have spoken to Slock.it before, Tual is extremely busy so we haven't had time to setup a call that fit both our schedules, but we will. Implementing IOTA into Slock.it would be quite easy and not time consuming.

But yes if someone wants to start a competitor to Slock.it from within IOTA community we're all for it. The more the merrier!

hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 04:44:40 PM

But that would mess up the entire structure of the crowdsale, at one point they have to end, so regardless of which other tokens we had accepted for sale it would not make it easier to acquire them today for you. The crowdsale was quite well marketed, albeit only lasting a little less than 1 month. This is always the case with these crowdsales. I would highly advise you to exercise judgment before buying from forum users. Soon after release IOTA will be on exchanges where you have (at least more) confidence.

What he is referring to is making a ledger of what everyone owns, and making an asset tradable to those who want to claim it, get marked off that ledger and sell the asset. Those who are buying know you will send them the Iota if they have the asset. So its just creating a market early.

I can wait, but that is what he was referring to I believe.
iotatoken

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 05:24:14 PM

What he is referring to is making a ledger of what everyone owns, and making an asset tradable to those who want to claim it, get marked off that ledger and sell the asset. Those who are buying know you will send them the Iota if they have the asset. So its just creating a market early.

I can wait, but that is what he was referring to I believe.

Yea, creating a market early is the last thing we wanted, so we would not do that. This has been our philosophy from day 1: tech and community before all else. If speculation became big before even release it could prove very detrimental to the project itself.

Fullhd

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 19, 2016, 10:44:06 PM

Nice blog!

There should be more German news about IOTA
dragonator

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 06:24:10 AM

I am a game developer working on a multiplayer game. The project is in a very early stage, however I am intrigued at the possibility of using IOTA as an in-game currency and method for distributing the computing power of the clients; ie to make sure that they all agree on some master state, while at the same time contributing to the computation of the game without the existence of a master server and being extremely difficult if not virtually impossible to hack.

The DAG appears to solve the problem of distributed agreement in a highly efficient manner. My questions then are:

• Will IOTA have an API for doing something along these lines, or if not, will the source code be available at some point?
  • Would it possibly be suitable for real-time communication?

I understand IOTA is not even released yet, however, just as there is a huge market in the Internet of Things, so there also may be for decentralized massive multiplayer online games. It would be very interesting to see if something like this is possible; and if so it would greatly lower the barrier for creating an MMO. (Not to mention the promotion such a thing would entail)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 07:36:14 AM

Will IOTA have an API for doing something along these lines, or if not, will the source code be available at some point?
Yes to both.

Would it possibly be suitable for real-time communication?
No, if you mean messaging feature.
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: