Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:29:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 764 »
  Print  
Author Topic: IOTA  (Read 1471928 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:36:32 AM

Oh I remember Wesley from Nxt. I didn't know he was slow but at least he has the skills for the job and will not leave us like the others.

He was very fast. He created the first UI of Nxt, very great stuff and good guy.

A good guy indeed. He must have serious health issues that slowed him down.
Breasal

Activity: 585
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:49:50 AM

I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be.

I respect this David, thanks. IOTA is a developing startup business and requires a thick skin in your position. Some people are just too sensitive and need niceties. As the cliche goes, it can be lonely in the driver's seat (or something along those lines). Keep up the good work.
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 04:33:25 PM

Oh I remember Wesley from Nxt. I didn't know he was slow but at least he has the skills for the job and will not leave us like the others.

He was very fast. He created the first UI of Nxt, very great stuff and good guy.

Agreed, Wesley is one of the best, would be great if he was a contributor to Iota. I still can't believe Nxt doesn't have more adoption, such a great platform, but oh well.
Azeh

Activity: 441

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:25:26 PM

Just to address this for the infinith time:

As the leader of the project I accept wholeheartedly that any frustration will be directed at me, that is inevitable and fair. If the criticism is based on reality or the questions are legit, I will answer respectfully. However, when you are seeing me tell someone to 'fuck off' or 'shut up' it is unequivocally due to that person either being a confirmed troll, a speculator concerned about speculator issues, or someone who is asking the same question for the 10th time that has been responded to him. I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be. I never run into drama with legit honest people, or in business negotiations or in assisting someone who just genuinely don't know what to do, but I don't care about dishonest people. When someone claims that we are blackmailing (yes they used this exact word) when we tell them that they should test the software they bought to help push launch faster instead of complaining about something they can actively do something about, I will obviously tell them to stop wasting my time. But even in those instances I take the time to write a relatively long post explaining everything, which I have done at least 10 times.

GUI

I presume everyone knows the basic story of GUI by now, we hired 3 professionals with incredible portfolios; 1 disappeared before we even got to working, 1 team (creativedash) lost their developer in the middle of the job, then refused to honor the full agreement and acted the most unprofessional I have ever seen, 1 dev who had worked for several major companies like Motorola, Four Seasons hotels etc. literally had am mental breakdown and threatened us with all sorts of insane shit if we didn't just let him take the money "because my life is hard" after lying chronically for weeks about working, when in reality he wasn't. I had to threaten him with legal action to get him to refund the money. Then we started using Wesley, our previous collaborator from Nxt, what we did not know was that due to personal issues in his life, he was way, way slower than we had ever anticipated and he went weeks above his own estimate. BUT it's still being worked on and will be done at 0.9.4 launch. By now we also got iOS and Android client due to our great community member Adrian. So re: GUI, no problems

New website

We have hired a really great team (finally a reliable one) that is making a brand new website for us which will visually show the IOTA ecosystem in the Internet-of-Things and give a "woah" factor for everyone new to the project. It will be launched right before launch of IOTA.

State of IOTA

IOTA development is going swimmingly, we had to do a fuckton of analysis which required a lot of computational power. The community came together and lent their idle cores (this is actually what IOTA was made for, distributed shared computing, so poetically beautiful) and we used AWS for the rest. This process is soon done, and once it is 0.9.4 will be done.
Also please do not forget that IOTA has been in testing and optimization since January, what we have now is several fold better than what we had in January, there has been no break in progress whatsoever. Not only that, but we also have another great community member - Tomer Krisi - who is developing the C# client so that we'll have both Java and C# around launch. Next up is C and Rust.

Thanks for the excellent update David
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 07:56:31 PM

Agreed, Wesley is one of the best, would be great if he was a contributor to Iota. I still can't believe Nxt doesn't have more adoption, such a great platform, but oh well.

Yes, really strange. Nxt has one of the best platform, but lack on publicity is bad for adoption. If people look only at the platform and the software, it has the most potential all crypto's. Time will come next year after Nxt 2.0. Bearish times for Nxt now...so time to buy cheap!  Grin
IOTUSA

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:08:06 PM

Just to address this for the infinith time:

As the leader of the project I accept wholeheartedly that any frustration will be directed at me, that is inevitable and fair. If the criticism is based on reality or the questions are legit, I will answer respectfully. However, when you are seeing me tell someone to 'fuck off' or 'shut up' it is unequivocally due to that person either being a confirmed troll, a speculator concerned about speculator issues, or someone who is asking the same question for the 10th time that has been responded to him. I will never change when it comes to being brutally honest, it's just who I am and will always be. I never run into drama with legit honest people, or in business negotiations or in assisting someone who just genuinely don't know what to do, but I don't care about dishonest people. When someone claims that we are blackmailing (yes they used this exact word) when we tell them that they should test the software they bought to help push launch faster instead of complaining about something they can actively do something about, I will obviously tell them to stop wasting my time. But even in those instances I take the time to write a relatively long post explaining everything, which I have done at least 10 times.

GUI

I presume everyone knows the basic story of GUI by now, we hired 3 professionals with incredible portfolios; 1 disappeared before we even got to working, 1 team (creativedash) lost their developer in the middle of the job, then refused to honor the full agreement and acted the most unprofessional I have ever seen, 1 dev who had worked for several major companies like Motorola, Four Seasons hotels etc. literally had am mental breakdown and threatened us with all sorts of insane shit if we didn't just let him take the money "because my life is hard" after lying chronically for weeks about working, when in reality he wasn't. I had to threaten him with legal action to get him to refund the money. Then we started using Wesley, our previous collaborator from Nxt, what we did not know was that due to personal issues in his life, he was way, way slower than we had ever anticipated and he went weeks above his own estimate. BUT it's still being worked on and will be done at 0.9.4 launch. By now we also got iOS and Android client due to our great community member Adrian. So re: GUI, no problems

New website

We have hired a really great team (finally a reliable one) that is making a brand new website for us which will visually show the IOTA ecosystem in the Internet-of-Things and give a "woah" factor for everyone new to the project. It will be launched right before launch of IOTA.

State of IOTA

IOTA development is going swimmingly, we had to do a fuckton of analysis which required a lot of computational power. The community came together and lent their idle cores (this is actually what IOTA was made for, distributed shared computing, so poetically beautiful) and we used AWS for the rest. This process is soon done, and once it is 0.9.4 will be done.
Also please do not forget that IOTA has been in testing and optimization since January, what we have now is several fold better than what we had in January, there has been no break in progress whatsoever. Not only that, but we also have another great community member - Tomer Krisi - who is developing the C# client so that we'll have both Java and C# around launch. Next up is C and Rust.

I can't remember a single project that is so well managed and plain kickass as IOTA is. Can someone tell me if a single unique project (not copy paste) in Crypto has launched with both desktop, Android and IOS wallet? For the life of me I can't think of one. This will be HUGE friends. Don't sell your IOTA before launch, I fully expect $50 million+ market cap at launch, and $100 million in short succession.

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2016, 09:51:46 PM

Yes, really strange. Nxt has one of the best platform, but lack on publicity is bad for adoption. If people look only at the platform and the software, it has the most potential all crypto's.

That's most prolly because the people who glommed onto Nxt - like me - were too shy to charge out into the multitudes like the Bitcoin evangelists. There never was any "Nxt Jesus".

Sadly, that's because of the ---storm of anger that developed in these parts when Nxt skyrocketed. Because of that trollstorm, the ones who would otherwise been contenders for "Nxt Jesus" spent a lot of their time around here trying to calm down the trollstorm. Sadly, that inculcated a habit of defensiveness that somply wasn't conducive to full-throat evangelization in the outside world. Adding to this woe was the fact that outside evangelization was no longer greenfield territory.

In retrospect, Nxt was just plain unlucky.

And come to think of it, there was never any LocalNxt either...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

olarsson

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:38:20 AM

How many Iotas exist now?
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:40:57 AM

2'779'530'283'277'761

about 2.78 Piota
acdc

Activity: 939
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 12:35:50 PM

Communication has been terrible because there is nothing to report. Development has completely stalled at this point. Look at the chat room, nothing for days, people are talking about other projects to pass the time. But of course it's the community's fault for not doing enough to test or whatever.
Confirmed troll.
could be an unhappy stakeholder, nothing is confirmed bro
I'll be daaamned...   a sockpuppet comes out in support of another sockpuppet...   makes you wonder if it's the same HYPOCRITE...   not to mention how it just so happens that both of them have desperately tried to give me a hard time in the past...     ROFLMAO!   Grin

Absolutely NO DOUBT they have been pumping Iota and/or brown-nosing the devs through their regular bitcointalk handles...   Roll Eyes

your involvement with IOTA is very worrying, are you going to negatively trust rate all the customers/investors/stakeholders if you have a tiff with CfB or iotatoken?

Yeah OK...   whatever you say Mr. Sockpuppet...   why don't you come out and tell me with your regular account now too...   huh???   Roll Eyes

Edit:  By the way, I've had plenty of tiffs with both Come-from-Beyond & iotatoken before!!!   Kiss

oh brother ... I'm pro IOTA, but was making my opinion known to iotatoken on something 100% unrelated to you & your simcoin dispute, and sorry to rain on your parade bro, but YOU'RE a sockpuppet ... yes you! You're hiding your identity behind a forum handle, so don't be a hypocrite Mr CryptoScalper.

My beef with you, and why I worry at your involvement with IOTA in any capacity, is your immaturity, and your liking for abuse rather than dialogue.

FACT - my post in this IOTA thread had nothing to do with you
FACT - you use any chance you get to push your simcoin vendetta, even when it degrades serious threads like this one
FACT - you have never asked simcoin dev for your so called 'embezzled' funds back - you don't ever deny that
FACT - you're a scared coward who refused to negotiate with NxtChg like a man, so you live with massive self-loathing
FACT - you negatively trust rated every other simcoin investor, showing extreme stupidity and total disregard for crypto principles

@CfB, @iotatoken, you humor this idiot at your peril. Any reasonable person can see he takes every opportunity to dredge up his simcoin flashbacks in totally unrelated and irrelevant contexts. You should ban him from your thread!

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
KimNg

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 01:32:02 PM

2'779'530'283'277'761

about 2.78 Piota

(3*9^16-1)/2 = 2779530283277761
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%283+*+9+^+16+-+1%29+%2F+2

(27^11-1)/2 = 2779530283277761
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%2827^11-1%29%2F2

(3^33-1)/2 = 2779530283277761
http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=%283^33-1%29%2F2

olarsson

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:14:14 PM

2'779'530'283'277'761

Would it not be reasonable to make o bigger unit that has like 8 decimals like the relation between BTC and satoshi?

Then it would be 27 million of this bigger unit which has 8 decimals.
carajillu

Activity: 577

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 05:41:53 PM

Olarsson, in fact when it was initially disclosed it had decimals. But has been later modified to be floating point free. The reasoning is mainly related to the target of IOTA, small computational power devices can handle integers much better than floats.
olarsson

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:31:34 PM

Olarsson, in fact when it was initially disclosed it had decimals. But has been later modified to be floating point free. The reasoning is mainly related to the target of IOTA, small computational power devices can handle integers much better than floats.

But humans should like it too right?
iotatoken

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:40:01 PM

Depends what you mean with 'like it'. IOTA is for the rising machine 2 machine economy / economy of things, not for humans to pay for coffee.

tolstoy

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 08:56:55 PM

Good update. Ready to test v0.9.4.

prettybuds

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:11:08 PM

Depends what you mean with 'like it'. IOTA is for the rising machine 2 machine economy / economy of things, not for humans to pay for coffee.

That's interesting, I never understood IOTA right.
I think your presentation is too complicated as of yet (for average joes like me) Smiley
tolstoy

Activity: 89

View Profile
May 14, 2016, 09:14:49 PM

Nest Announces Open Source Implementation of Thread
https://nest.com/press/nest-announces-open-source-implementation-of-thread/
https://github.com/openthread

Taking a look at Disney’s $1 Billion investment in the Internet of Things
http://www.ebnonline.com/author.asp?section_id=2144

The IoT projects out there are growing. I think IOTA is in a very good position.

bahamapascal

Activity: 695

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 12:38:12 AM

2'779'530'283'277'761

Would it not be reasonable to make o bigger unit that has like 8 decimals like the relation between BTC and satoshi?

Then it would be 27 million of this bigger unit which has 8 decimals.

That is why we now use Prefix for Iota. Mostly used is Giota (Giga Iota) now. So there are about 2.8 million Giota in total.
altseeker

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 12:51:09 AM

Nest Announces Open Source Implementation of Thread
https://nest.com/press/nest-announces-open-source-implementation-of-thread/
https://github.com/openthread

Taking a look at Disney’s $1 Billion investment in the Internet of Things
http://www.ebnonline.com/author.asp?section_id=2144

The IoT projects out there are growing. I think IOTA is in a very good position.

Cool! IOTA will be huge since many industry nowadays adopting IOT in preparation for the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 764 »
  Print  

Jump to: