Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:22:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?  (Read 133888 times)
darkangel11
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1345

Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:09:10 PM

You should. Buy an apartment in one of the biggest cities if possible and you're set. Unlike a house, you'll always be able to rent or sell it.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:19:07 PM

Where i live in UK the market is pumped to the sky. Sad but how much could it really crash, down by half at best?  not like a bitcoin crash, the land will always be worth something even if the bricks aren't.

Market in UK is not even that big. I am surprised than it is so hard to buy or trade bitcoin in England.
They have some really strict exchange politics and fees are ridiculous compared to other countries.
I don't think that GBP bitcoin market has a great impact on bitcoin price.
pawel7777
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1561

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 02:39:03 PM

Where i live in UK the market is pumped to the sky. Sad but how much could it really crash, down by half at best?  not like a bitcoin crash, the land will always be worth something even if the bricks aren't.

Market in UK is not even that big. I am surprised than it is so hard to buy or trade bitcoin in England.
They have some really strict exchange politics and fees are ridiculous compared to other countries.
I don't think that GBP bitcoin market has a great impact on bitcoin price.

Read before replying.

The post you've quoted refers to property market in the UK, not Bitcoin market.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
Corealz

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:41:38 PM

It is good to have a house so you don't need to pay rent. Make sure it is in a good location that will keep its value.
 Perhaps you should look into building it yourself.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:42:41 PM

If you buy a house directly with Bitcoin, you will still need to pay taxes. You will need to report your Bitcoins to the IRS or whatever your country has, because you can't hide a house.. they will find you have a house sooner or later. So before you think about it, consider the % of Bitcoin that will go to taxes first, because maybe you don't have enough to buy it.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:45:16 PM

I would buy a house for fore. I am still living on rent and you always have the innate fear of getting kicked out. I would love to be queen of my castle but what I would do is use part of the btc to buy a house or sell most of it then if it went down again and was bearish then I would buy more cheap coins, rinse and repeat..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3427
Merit: 4344

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 02:50:01 PM

Remember the pizza guy with his 10.000 coins? think what you can buy in 2015 with all those coins.

Please stop using this argument. If not for the 'pizza guy' and others who were giving away hundreds if not thousands of coins, Bitcoin probably would never go off the ground.

Is it really that hard to do some calculations by youre self? That 10k coins is a indicator just like when BTC was worth $0.10-$1-$10-$100-$1000.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:06:37 PM

Yes OP, you should buy it. Renting sucks. You are basically giving money away to somebody even though they let you live in it I know, but that 1st of every month comes very, very fast.

To have your own home is the best thing you can do and invest into. This is also a first thing that every smart man should invest into. Screw the cars, going out, nice clothes, etc.
doublemore (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:17:01 PM

If you buy a house directly with Bitcoin, you will still need to pay taxes. You will need to report your Bitcoins to the IRS or whatever your country has, because you can't hide a house.. they will find you have a house sooner or later. So before you think about it, consider the % of Bitcoin that will go to taxes first, because maybe you don't have enough to buy it.

Since im self employed i think i get something like 20% captial gains tax in the UK on any cashed bitcoin so yeah its going to suck.

Will just be a very small place for cheap because thats all you really get in the UK unlesss you have $300k+.  No way i sell all my coin ever. 

Anyway i need a very high price but i think its coming.
lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 03:24:14 PM

If Bitcoin goes up very high should i buy a house?

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

@OP .. it depends on your number of bitcoins. I would say sell them at 300 or 400$s. If you have enough bitcoins to buy a house then sell them because the price of the property always increases . OR you can give your house for rent to make money Smiley \
buying a house is the best idea Smiley
doublemore (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 03:55:36 PM

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

@OP .. it depends on your number of bitcoins. I would say sell them at 300 or 400$s. If you have enough bitcoins to buy a house then sell them because the price of the property always increases . OR you can give your house for rent to make money Smiley \
buying a house is the best idea Smiley

Dude no way i sell anything @ $300-$400 im looking for new ATHs before i'd even consider selling anything. If it dies because i held too long then so be it, rather take a chance, i have an income so dont matter.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:19:31 PM

Ive been thinking if it went into very high figures i could cash out 80-90% of bitcoin and buy a house outright with no mortgage.  Is that even a good idea though? - basically 80% of networth in a house hmmm.  On the other hand i dont want to have a mortgage and im fed up with renting due to landlords, letting agents and lack of control.

Man when Bitcoin reaches these high value I swear you need to convert into fiat. You will be able to buy a house with Bitcoin!The seller will accept Bitcoin! Wink

Yeah i know but maybe not on this next bull run.  Lets say we hit $3k- $4k in the next few months which could happen i doubt everyone well accept bitcoins for houses. Some people will sure.

That's too much of a bull run even if we have the halving next year. Everyone would have sold before that comes that the price would come crashing back to where we are now.

@ontopic, why a house? A much better option would be something income generating - like a franchise.

or a trailer. Why spend so much on a house you cant even drive with you. You spend only 10% and buy supedooper trailer. And then you are like on vacations all teh tiem and you can visit many Bitcoin conventions every year.
Raimonn
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 11:31:39 PM

If someone would to sell for bitcoins and i need a house could be an option, but now i'm not thinking about investing in a house.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 12:26:12 AM

It's a bad idea to have such a large % of your networth in a house.

Another housing bubble burst and you're broke.

It might feel good to own a house, but if your house is like 80%+ of your networth, don't do it.
lama-hunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 01:10:31 AM

Most of the Bitcoin starters are not rich because they sold the Coins to early Wink
so be aware and keep it up until the PÖrice rises until the 500$ mar Wink

regards
lama-hunter
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 02:01:16 AM

It's a bad idea to have such a large % of your networth in a house.

Another housing bubble burst and you're broke.

It might feel good to own a house, but if your house is like 80%+ of your networth, don't do it.

If it's bought outright that addresses most of the issues. At the very worst you'd have to wait a few years for the ponzi to start again but you'll always have somewhere to live.

Personally I prefer to stay agile and don't really care where I live. I've lived in caves and on friend's floors. If I could afford somewhere with zero mortgage and still had plenty of money to spare that puts you far ahead of the vast amount of the population.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2015, 03:53:18 AM

I'd say do whatever you have to do to own a house, living on rent/mortgage is just a huge burden and if price becomes higher and you have a chance to sell your holdings in exchange for a self owned home, then I'd say go for it. And the money you save in future from no mortgage/rent on your head you can start to buy it back slowly.

StevenLiang

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:33:09 AM

You should. Buy an apartment in one of the biggest cities if possible and you're set. Unlike a house, you'll always be able to rent or sell it.

In some country apartment not really profitable than a house. Only try to buy apartment if you on big country or capital city.
Anyway, you should buy a house, apartment and if you can, build mini-apartment for rent.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 06:53:44 AM

It's a good idea if bitcoin goes to that high. You'll be ridding yourself of the stress that comes from a mortgage, and the annoying scheduled payments, you'll be (kind of) free.

But if try to hoard as much as possible right now, so you'll pay less later.
Let's hope bitcoin hits the $1k mark again!

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
StevenLiang

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 30, 2015, 08:04:11 AM

It's a good idea if bitcoin goes to that high. You'll be ridding yourself of the stress that comes from a mortgage, and the annoying scheduled payments, you'll be (kind of) free.

But if try to hoard as much as possible right now, so you'll pay less later.
Let's hope bitcoin hits the $1k mark again!

I always pray for that everynight.
At least btc must surpass $1200, so people not got so much loss. from fist 2014 until today.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: