Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:54:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
Rumbles

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 08:55:01 AM

can the wallet export the transaction history to csv somehow?

Hi spoid,

I asked one of the guys in the MOIN discord and he is going to check with the dev. I believe it is possible, but I have never done it.

I'll post the info when I hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rumbles

View Profile
June 05, 2020, 09:04:33 AM

Hey KingCaper,

Is it possible to reduce the stake rewards soon, rather than later? I mean, it would be good to start building up the MoinMovement / development fund again. So, maybe the stake reward could be reduced to 1.5 MOIN and the project keeps 0.38 MOIN or the reward? At least that is a source of income. Is this difficult to do?

I think MOIN has done a great job with the current reward structure as it slowly increases over time. I remember when I first got into MOIN and it was just 1 MOIN coin per stake and that was a few years ago so it has done well to keep inflation under control however I do agree that maybe some of the reward goes towards a dev fund if it can be implemented.

Yes, definitely, even a fraction of the reward will add up. It could be used to pay for listing few or just general development. I think we should start sooner, rather than later on this, but I really hope it doesn't require a fork.
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2020, 11:26:13 PM

Hey KingCaper,

Is it possible to reduce the stake rewards soon, rather than later? I mean, it would be good to start building up the MoinMovement / development fund again. So, maybe the stake reward could be reduced to 1.5 MOIN and the project keeps 0.38 MOIN or the reward? At least that is a source of income. Is this difficult to do?

I think MOIN has done a great job with the current reward structure as it slowly increases over time. I remember when I first got into MOIN and it was just 1 MOIN coin per stake and that was a few years ago so it has done well to keep inflation under control however I do agree that maybe some of the reward goes towards a dev fund if it can be implemented.

Yes, definitely, even a fraction of the reward will add up. It could be used to pay for listing few or just general development. I think we should start sooner, rather than later on this, but I really hope it doesn't require a fork.

Hmm, I would think that it would require a fork for this to be implemented into the code. I was thinking that if the dev does decide to do this then maybe make the reward 2.5 MOIN and .5 goes to the dev fund and the staker gets 2 MOIN. I think that is fair for everyone, the dev and the people staking and keeping the blockchain sercure and moving.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Rumbles

View Profile
June 08, 2020, 08:36:28 AM

Hey KingCaper,

Hmm, I would think that it would require a fork for this to be implemented into the code. I was thinking that if the dev does decide to do this then maybe make the reward 2.5 MOIN and .5 goes to the dev fund and the staker gets 2 MOIN. I think that is fair for everyone, the dev and the people staking and keeping the blockchain sercure and moving.

We could do 2 MOIN per staking reward, there is still a small circulating supply. The dev fund getting 0.5 would be helpful too. We really need to bolster that a bit more. Especially as development ramps up.
vella85

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2020, 11:06:23 PM

Hey KingCaper,

We could do 2 MOIN per staking reward, there is still a small circulating supply. The dev fund getting 0.5 would be helpful too. We really need to bolster that a bit more. Especially as development ramps up.

Well either way having a portion of the stake go towards a dev fund is the way to go I think. I'm sure that the dev and community can come up with the right balance for this as we also need to keep people interested in staking MOIN so they need some incentive, that is why I suggested 2.5 and 0.5 goes to the dev fund and 2 to the staker, inflation will still be kept under control with this amount but its up to KingCaper and the community. I am interested to hear what KingCaper thinks about this dev fund as he hasn't said anything about it yet.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Rumbles

View Profile
June 12, 2020, 08:25:19 AM

Hey KingCaper,

Well either way having a portion of the stake go towards a dev fund is the way to go I think. I'm sure that the dev and community can come up with the right balance for this as we also need to keep people interested in staking MOIN so they need some incentive, that is why I suggested 2.5 and 0.5 goes to the dev fund and 2 to the staker, inflation will still be kept under control with this amount but its up to KingCaper and the community. I am interested to hear what KingCaper thinks about this dev fund as he hasn't said anything about it yet.

Yes, I'm interested in what KingCaper thinks too.
KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 11:06:21 AM

The txnreport RPC command does more or less what you're looking for. It can be run from the debug window in the GUI or with the daemon.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 01:32:27 PM

Hey KingCaper,

Hope everything is well during this time of global uncertainty. Do you think the future direction of MOIN would maintain its privacy roots? As in, where ever the project ends up, would it still have a privacy focus?

It's too early to say right now. I've become more and more blockchain-sceptical over time. Most projects don't seem to me to be solving any real world problems and they aren't doing anything well enough to wrestle users over from traditional centralised systems. There's little to no improvement offered. I think at this point we can see how much the general public cares about "Wow, such decentralization!". The one thing that a handful of cryptocurrencies do do better, is untraceable, unlinkable transactions. So if I were to start work on MOIN 3.0 today, I'd want to incorporate private transactions since to me they're actually useful.

KingCaper (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 01:49:49 PM
Merited by vella85 (1)

The dev fund idea's an interesting one. Having a portion of each block reward going to a certain address would require a hard fork, there's no way around that. But it wouldn't take much work.

It'd probably be best to use a multi-sig address controlled by a few team and trusted community members.

Block time: ~64 seconds
Blocks per day: ~1350
Dev fund stipend per block: 0.5 MOIN

This would give the fund about 675 MOIN per day and 246k per year. At current prices that's around $860. Admittedly, that's not going to pay for much development time, but I still think it's a good idea. To get us to a point where the fund's worth something substantial will require a decent amount of unpaid work, but it'd at least give us a better chance of achieving self-sustainable growth at some point in the future.

Robust Crypto

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 02:10:42 PM

The dev fund idea's an interesting one. Having a portion of each block reward going to a certain address would require a hard fork, there's no way around that. But it wouldn't take much work.

It'd probably be best to use a multi-sig address controlled by a few team and trusted community members.

This would give the fund about 675 MOIN per day and 246k per year. At current prices that's around $860. Admittedly, that's not going to pay for much development time, but I still think it's a good idea. To get us to a point where the fund's worth something substantial will require a decent amount of unpaid work, but it'd at least give us a better chance of achieving self-sustainable growth at some point in the future.

Dev fund sounds good, but it needs to be well managed (regulated).

Good example of such thing is ColossusXT. The devs manage funds very well with their platform.
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 04:57:45 PM

Dev fund sounds good, but it needs to be well managed (regulated).

Good example of such thing is ColossusXT. The devs manage funds very well with their platform.

Not familiar with Colossus XT but as far as I know Decred has the best governance in crypto. Anyone can make a proposal and the community can vote if they want proposal to pass. The money comes from the dev fund. This maybe a bit much for Moin right now.

Dev fund is not a bad idea but maybe keep it simple for now with only multisig until we see how well it's working.

840$ is not much right now but Moin is at the bottom of bottoms price wise and I'm sure once we choose a right direction more people will joining the project.
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 05:10:13 PM

Hey KingCaper,

Hope everything is well during this time of global uncertainty. Do you think the future direction of MOIN would maintain its privacy roots? As in, where ever the project ends up, would it still have a privacy focus?

It's too early to say right now. I've become more and more blockchain-sceptical over time. Most projects don't seem to me to be solving any real world problems and they aren't doing anything well enough to wrestle users over from traditional centralised systems. There's little to no improvement offered. I think at this point we can see how much the general public cares about "Wow, such decentralization!". The one thing that a handful of cryptocurrencies do do better, is untraceable, unlinkable transactions. So if I were to start work on MOIN 3.0 today, I'd want to incorporate private transactions since to me they're actually useful.

I like the privacy part. What did you have in mind?

RingCT, zk-SNARK, MW?
spoid

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

bearded, drunk, fat, naked

View Profile
June 16, 2020, 06:22:08 PM

The txnreport RPC command does more or less what you're looking for. It can be run from the debug window in the GUI or with the daemon.

worked, thanks!

with great beard comes great liver. Reputation Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195803.0
vella85

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2020, 10:54:14 PM

That is true that its not worth much at today's price however if MOIN can get back to having a stable price of around 300 - 400 sats like it was for a very long time, then it is well worth it. I think MOIN can get back to being at a stable price in that range but its going to take some time. Its good to see that MOIN still has some support on here and once things start moving again we might start to see some of the older members become active in here again.

Rumbles

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 08:42:26 PM

IMO think that's a reasonable staking percentage, the cost of exchange listings is insane, not to mention all the other associated costs. I really like the "MoinMovement" community fund idea, that rewards people for participating, however, I always felt bad for receiving the rewards and watching the fund drain slowly over the past few years. So, I'm all for a implementing this change.
vella85

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2020, 11:06:55 PM

IMO think that's a reasonable staking percentage, the cost of exchange listings is insane, not to mention all the other associated costs. I really like the "MoinMovement" community fund idea, that rewards people for participating, however, I always felt bad for receiving the rewards and watching the fund drain slowly over the past few years. So, I'm all for a implementing this change.

I agree that exchange listing fees are crazy but at least MOIN is already listed on a top exchange in Livecoin and we can then work from there at getting MOIN listed on some other exchanges like Graviex and maybe even Unnamed exchange as these exchanges don't cost all that much compared to the other exchanges and they both seem to be doing well.

Robust Crypto

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2020, 10:13:27 PM

Maybe moin should shift towards ERC20 or something of that nature and get on DEX-es.
vella85

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2020, 11:37:58 PM

Maybe moin should shift towards ERC20 or something of that nature and get on DEX-es.

That wouldn't be a bad idea as I have seen many coins switch over to ERC20 tokens and it has been a great success and for the ones that are worried about staking, ERC20 tokens can be staked and its much easier. Also it can open up the doors for the dev with future developments so I think it can be a good idea if the community is up for the change.

Rumbles

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 07:47:44 AM

That wouldn't be a bad idea as I have seen many coins switch over to ERC20 tokens and it has been a great success and for the ones that are worried about staking, ERC20 tokens can be staked and its much easier. Also it can open up the doors for the dev with future developments so I think it can be a good idea if the community is up for the change.

ERC20 isn't a bad idea, but I guess we should determine the type of products / service we would like to pursue below making those types of decisions. Maybe the underlying functionality of Ethereum wouldn't work for the project. I'm not against the idea, we just need to pick a platform that would work for what we want to achieve.
Rumbles

View Profile
June 23, 2020, 07:54:18 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 09:02:30 AM by Rumbles

So, what is the best way of deciding the future path of the project? 
Pages: « 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: