Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:22:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Decide MOIN's FUTURE (Details: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1237881.msg44071876#msg44071876)
The Platform on the current codebase
The Platform on the Particl codebase
Research phase & something entirely new
Other (Please post details of proposal)

Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🔄🔄🔄🔄 ――――― ▲ MOIN ――――― It's not dead. It's resting ―――― 🔄🔄🔄🔄  (Read 123369 times)
vella85

Activity: 1862
Merit: 590

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2020, 11:39:11 PM

It's also just kind of risky that we're on only one exchange. Any small exchanges/DEXs you guys think would be good for a listing?

I think we could get listed on Altilly, which lists a few other projects I'm invested in. However, I think we need to update our whitepaper first, as they want to understand the goal and current / ongoing progress of the project. Also, listing fees are 0.15BTC, so we could do a fundraiser. What are your thoughts?

There is also Unnamed exchange which has no KYC and the listing fee I believe is around 0.06 BTC which is reasonable considering most exchanges charge a lot more then this now days. It also has some good volume with many similar coins listed on there so maybe this is an option as well.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
treefrogg

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2020, 11:46:12 PM

We could also just apply for listing on an exchange that has voting. That way we could get a discounted price or even a free listing. Altilly has that option. https://www.altilly.com/page/listingvote We could easily get on I think.
Rumbles

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 07:32:12 AM

We could also just apply for listing on an exchange that has voting. That way we could get a discounted price or even a free listing. Altilly has that option. https://www.altilly.com/page/listingvote We could easily get on I think.

I think this is a good option. The exchange seems reasonable, I have used it a bit
Rumbles

View Profile
September 01, 2020, 07:38:42 AM

Thanks all for your input, opinions and ideas. I'm swept up in some real world business that will keep me afk for the next 2 or 3 weeks, but I'll reply properly when I can. A vague plan is slowly hatching.

As an aside, I've noticed recently several communities concerned that their project of choice might be running out of funds. I want to assure all of you that there's no danger of that here... we don't have a dime and we never did!  Cheesy Grin

We should change that though. More to follow. Stay safe!

Hey KingCaper, I had this idea for a blockchain project, I think it's inline with MOIN's values as a privacy project. It's a method of creating a two-factor / multi-factor authentication system leveraging a blockchain network. I have created a bit of an overview in the image below. It would be great to get feedback from the wider MOIN community on the concept too.

https://imgur.com/a/Ik0qr6F

vella85

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2020, 11:06:25 PM

Thanks all for your input, opinions and ideas. I'm swept up in some real world business that will keep me afk for the next 2 or 3 weeks, but I'll reply properly when I can. A vague plan is slowly hatching.

As an aside, I've noticed recently several communities concerned that their project of choice might be running out of funds. I want to assure all of you that there's no danger of that here... we don't have a dime and we never did!  Cheesy Grin

We should change that though. More to follow. Stay safe!

Hey KingCaper, I had this idea for a blockchain project, I think it's inline with MOIN's values as a privacy project. It's a method of creating a two-factor / multi-factor authentication system leveraging a blockchain network. I have created a bit of an overview in the image below. It would be great to get feedback from the wider MOIN community on the concept too.

I had a look at your idea and I must say that I'm impressed with it as it does give MOIN a use case and also can be used as added security on websites. We haven't heard from KingCaper in a while so hopefully we get an update from him soon and get his opinion on this idea as I'm all for it.

I can promote your project on X to my 100k+ followers for a reasonable price. Just DM me for prices.
Rumbles

View Profile
September 02, 2020, 01:35:41 AM
Last edit: September 02, 2020, 08:54:10 AM by Rumbles

I had a look at your idea and I must say that I'm impressed with it as it does give MOIN a use case and also can be used as added security on websites. We haven't heard from KingCaper in a while so hopefully we get an update from him soon and get his opinion on this idea as I'm all for it.

Thanks, I think as the idea develops it could be refined, but the core concept it's good. Yes, it could be used as an alternative to google authenticator or email/text based authentication. I think multi-factor authentication could be a unique feature too, which would require multiple user addresses to be confirmed before access is granted.

From a coin supply perspective, current supply is 9 million with a total of 21 million, so assuming the 2FA project got mass adoption, we would likely have to ensure there was enough going around to maintain usability. I am also unsure if the coins sent for Authentication should be burned or sent to a central wallet for MOIN development. We can work out the details later though.

Beyond this, there are some key things I'd love from a MOIN project wish list. Effectively, a real privacy based eco-system.

- Mobile wallet storage
 - Mobile encrypted chat (in-wallet private / group chat)
 - The ability to sync a mobile and desktop wallet / chat
 - Two-factor authentication (as described in image)
 - Multi-factor authentication (similar to 2FA but requires 51% (2+ more people) of specified addresses to approve access
 - Cold staking
 - Hardware wallet storage
vella85

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2020, 11:25:38 PM

Thanks, I think as the idea develops it could be refined, but the core concept it's good. Yes, it could be used as an alternative to google authenticator or email/text based authentication. I think multi-factor authentication could be a unique feature too, which would require multiple user addresses to be confirmed before access is granted.

From a coin supply perspective, current supply is 9 million with a total of 21 million, so assuming the 2FA project got mass adoption, we would likely have to ensure there was enough going around to maintain usability. I am also unsure if the coins sent for Authentication should be burned or sent to a central wallet for MOIN development. We can work out the details later though.

Beyond this, there are some key things I'd love from a MOIN project wish list. Effectively, a real privacy based eco-system.

- Mobile wallet storage
 - Multi-factor authentication (similar to 2FA but requires 51% (2+ more people) of specified addresses to approve access
 - Cold staking

Well I think it can work even with the current max supply as the dev could just lower the amount of MOIN needed for authentication and also depending on the price it can be lowered or increased. I believe I mentioned cold staking in here a while ago as I think its another good way to stake and I have seen several projects do this and have had great success with it.

Rumbles

View Profile
September 04, 2020, 08:13:48 PM

- Mobile wallet storage
 - Cold staking

Well I think it can work even with the current max supply as the dev could just lower the amount of MOIN needed for authentication and also depending on the price it can be lowered or increased. I believe I mentioned cold staking in here a while ago as I think its another good way to stake and I have seen several projects do this and have had great success with it.

Yeah, that's right, we could just use 0.00000001 MOIN as the required amount. I think having them transferred to a development fund is a good idea too, because that could put for moin back onto the market and give MOIN a sustainable business case.
vella85

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2020, 11:37:47 PM

- Mobile wallet storage
 - Cold staking

Yeah, that's right, we could just use 0.00000001 MOIN as the required amount. I think having them transferred to a development fund is a good idea too, because that could put for moin back onto the market and give MOIN a sustainable business case.

I'm all for the MOIN needed for authentication going towards a MOIN dev fund as it can help in the long term with future developments. We also suggested that some of the staking goes to the dev fund as well like some other projects currently have. Most are at 5% to 10% going towards a dev fund.

treefrogg

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2020, 06:05:02 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2020, 06:45:02 AM by treefrogg

Huge problem, discovermoin.com is now some sort of blog page. Gonna contact kingcaper about this, hope that he replies. We still have moinmovement.org. Perhaps this is a good opportunity to start moin off a blank slate.
Rumbles

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 06:56:28 AM

Huge problem, discovermoin.com is now some sort of blog page. Gonna contact kingcaper about this, hope that he replies. We still have moinmovement.org. Perhaps this is a good opportunity to start moin off a blank slate.

I think it's definitely an opportunity to regroup and investigate options.
Ferdo

Activity: 323
Merit: 19

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 03:48:42 PM

Hmmm, strange. Maybe kingcaper started a new blog  Wink
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2020, 10:19:22 PM

Hmmm, strange. Maybe kingcaper started a new blog  Wink

Well its been a while now since we have heard KingCaper, I just hope everything is okay with him as he was meant to update the community on what he has planned for MOIN moving forward. I still think we have time as I believe we'll see the next bull run this time next year and staking like I said could be huge as more people like to earn coins as we are seeing with yieldfarming right now.

Rumbles

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 08:48:28 AM

Tree and I were looking into it a bit more and the discovermoin website was just down. And it linked to a random website in the mean time. So, we need to chat to KC about getting the main site and block explorer up and running again. Hopefully soon Smiley
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2020, 10:19:11 PM

Tree and I were looking into it a bit more and the discovermoin website was just down. And it linked to a random website in the mean time. So, we need to chat to KC about getting the main site and block explorer up and running again. Hopefully soon Smiley

Yes I agree mate, I just hope everything is okay with KingCaper as its been a while now since he last was on here and normally when he sees that there has been some activity on here he makes a post but nothing so I do hope he is ok. At least the the MOIN chain is running smoothly but I do think having the website and explorer up and running is important so hopefully we hear from him soon.

KingCaper (OP)

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2020, 10:34:00 AM

Guys! Sorry to give you all a scare, I've been a bit busy on the outside world lately and I was away from keyboard all week last week so only learned about the website issue today. I've been paying the domains and hosting fees since the start but I didn't notice the hosting had expired a couple weeks back. Discovermoin.com redirects to the explorer for now while I go hunting for a backup of the site. Apologies again, I'm still here!

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
vella85

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2020, 09:58:39 PM

Guys! Sorry to give you all a scare, I've been a bit busy on the outside world lately and I was away from keyboard all week last week so only learned about the website issue today. I've been paying the domains and hosting fees since the start but I didn't notice the hosting had expired a couple weeks back. Discovermoin.com redirects to the explorer for now while I go hunting for a backup of the site. Apologies again, I'm still here!

I'm just glad to hear you are okay with everything that's going on in the world right now. That was my main concern so I'm glad to see you make this post. The main thing with MOIN is that the chain continues to run smoothly and you can concentrate on other things like the website etc... Glad to see you back mate. 

treefrogg

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2020, 10:49:43 PM

I'm just glad to hear you are okay with everything that's going on in the world right now. That was my main concern so I'm glad to see you make this post. The main thing with MOIN is that the chain continues to run smoothly and you can concentrate on other things like the website etc... Glad to see you back mate. 

Great to hear from you, got a little spooked when I saw that blog at first, thought moin was over  Shocked. Keep on keeping on!
johbtc

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 11:37:35 PM

Great to hear You're okay, mister!

Hope Moin has something happening with it soon Smiley

I encourage everyone to join the community in the Discord server: https://discord.gg/fkQVSw

*securing the MOIN network by staking since 2017, missed maybe 2 weeks in total*
Rumbles

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 08:42:05 PM

Hey KingCaper, good to hear from you! And glad that we resolved the URL issue, that was a good pickup from Tree! It could have been a bit of a disaster!
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 »
  Print  

Jump to: