Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:52:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] Virtual Community Exchange [CLOSED]  (Read 316322 times)
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:02:24 PM

I tried withdrawing my funds, msg says trading halted.

Did you add the "public bitcoin address" yet?

Thanks, thought that was for transfers only.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
btceic

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2013, 11:40:18 PM

I've got 0.002BTC on there, anyway to get it out?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
September 23, 2013, 11:41:52 PM

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL BTC TRADING CORP WEBSITE PARTICIPANTS

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.  The following is our current schedule:

Approximately a week ago, both sites were closed to any new users and new asset creation was disabled.

Effective immediately, in conjunction with this release, trading will be halted, all order books cleared, and trading re-enabled.

October 7, 2013, all forms of secondary market trading will be halted on both sites.

Approximately October 31, 2013, both sites will be taken offline.  It is strongly suggested that participants take the following steps to protect all of their virtual assets:

All participants should take steps to transfer all of your BTC and LTC (and any other data you wish to keep, such as CSV trade histories) held on the sites to your personal computer or another trusted site.

All participants should make sure that their public BTC or LTC address is properly set in the Account page on the Settings tab whereby it can be shared with all issuers.

All “issuers” should have the contact information concerning their “investors”, and we ask that all “issuers” communicate with their “investors” as soon as possible as to how they will ensure that all are treated appropriately.

We regret this development. However, we want to do everything we can to minimize problems arising from this transition.  It is our goal to keep this shutdown orderly and calm.

Thank you for your participation, creativity, loyalty and sense of community over the past year.  Additional communications will follow as we work out the details.

Ethan Burnside
BTC Trading Corp.

What I want to know is this: after six months during which you've charged users superlative fees for using imaginary services you failed to provide, how exactly are you going to effect the refund of those BTC? Seems that if I rent a house and ten days later the landlord wants me to move he owes me money above and beyond whatever I paid him upfront, twice in most jurisdictions. Getting people to list on your "exchange" in the spring and telling them to pack it in the autumn is in no way different.

So, how do you intend to identify those you owe BTC to as a result of your tortiously gross negligence, and how do you intend to calculate the BTC sums owed and by what date do you intend to have repaid everyone?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
SendCookies

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

Cookies!!! Gimme Cookies!!!

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:06:47 AM

I know you all are busy w/ the close down. But, I don't know where else to turn as support and my PM to ya have not been answered. I cancelled a loan in progress funding on btcjams yesterday to get my asset on collateral back so, I could sell or watever w/ them. Your site crashed mid way and only 1 of my 3 stocks were returned. I've emailed btcjams, send info to btc-tc support and have pm'd you directly here with the details. I know it's just a small amount, but it's my small amount. TY.

For a List of the Best Free BTC faucets and ways to earn Bitcoins for free go to: MemberSquared.com
VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:15:53 AM

I just put through a large manual withdraw.. all the BTC is gone but it hasn't been sent anything to my address.  

Anotheranonlol

Activity: 588
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:16:31 AM

As a shareholder I feel really screwed by you Ethan!

As a result of recent changes in the virtual currency regulatory environment, the btct.co and litecoinglobal.com virtual stock market websites will be closing down.
What recent changes? You knew it all the time that it is illegal to operate an exchange like this.
Did you spend 50k for lawyers to learn that. Good job wasting money.
What will happen to the legal retainer?
Will you buyback shares?
Why don't you sell the site?

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=2323142
http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx?SID=c4f9deb9683956046a578c3f73b98954&node=20130724y1.89
http://www.sec.gov/info/smallbus/secg/bad-actor-small-entity-compliance-guide.htm
http://www.finra.org/web/groups/industry/@ip/@reg/@notice/documents/notices/p325359.pdf

etc,,

you can spend hours wading though legalese going down rabbit holes, speculating exactly what,who why but i think you should just appreciate that it's unlikely burnside just wake up and think out of the blue he'd shut the site down for a laugh, in meantime before further update from him, any trusted issuer will surely handle the situation nicely..they have enough information available

Loozik

Activity: 378

Born to chew bubble gum and kick ass

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:20:51 AM

Just read the news  Cry I was about to open an account at BTC-TC. Sad story.

Fucking bureaucrats - I assume the winding down is because of criminals doing business as governments?

VolanicEruptor

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:37:48 AM

I just put through a large manual withdraw.. all the BTC is gone but it hasn't been sent anything to my address.  

still waiting.  wtf?

mutex

Activity: 99

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:39:17 AM

So... burnside updates exchange software for easy export/import of shareholders info, so that asset issuers can easily go to stand-alone mode and back to an exchange, sells his totally legal software, some totally-not-btct.notus opens up, and issuers migrate there. Seems like a plan.
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:51:24 AM
Last edit: September 24, 2013, 03:47:55 AM by freedomno1

Issue resolved thanks

@ Mircea Take off the 30 BTC entrance fee and mpex might get some assets

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Vigil

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 12:55:30 AM

Burnside has been planning this for a while now and just decided to let everyone know. The first step was the warning about BTCT being like a monopoly game and all that and that at any time you may just have to forfeit all your Bitcoins; the second step was the BTC transfer address. Once he got that stuff out of the way he was ready to announce the closing of BTCT.
lano1106

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 02:39:33 AM

What I want to know is this: after six months during which you've charged users superlative fees for using imaginary services you failed to provide, how exactly are you going to effect the refund of those BTC? Seems that if I rent a house and ten days later the landlord wants me to move he owes me money above and beyond whatever I paid him upfront, twice in most jurisdictions. Getting people to list on your "exchange" in the spring and telling them to pack it in the autumn is in no way different.

So, how do you intend to identify those you owe BTC to as a result of your tortiously gross negligence, and how do you intend to calculate the BTC sums owed and by what date do you intend to have repaid everyone?

To me, it was pretty much clear what to expect when I did agree with btctc license agreement. Its exchance is a "simulation" only for learning purposes. The site operator cannot be held responsible for any financial loss.

Maybe not the exact words but that was pretty much the spirit. Even with these terms, as far as I know, the btctc seems to have been operated very honestly and ethically. You disagree, go invest in NYSE.

Yes that sucks but so far, no one has been totally "corzined" by btctc.

BTC: 1ABewnrZgCds7w9RH43NwMHX5Px6ex5uNR
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:43:56 AM

What I want to know is this: after six months during which you've charged users superlative fees for using imaginary services you failed to provide, how exactly are you going to effect the refund of those BTC?

Haha not going to happen, refund all fees? He would owe me at least 2-5 bitcoin in fees probably.

MPOE-PR, they are still charging fees even right now and still keeping hold of that 0.0025 reserve in the wallet.

I'm sure they don't plan a refund if they are still taking as much profit as possible.
thecoinjournal

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 03:14:57 AM

I'm reading Ukyo's response to the question he was asked in this thread and found it's very applicable:

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support.

Quick update:
Graphs now show a "D"ividend market with payout information.

What happens when the three letter agencies are coming to knock on your door?
How are you different from https://btct.co or https://www.litecoinglobal.com ?

EskimoBob:

In my honest opinion, I do not believe that making a claim that the site is 'virtual currency' and that
'No assets on the site are to be considered real.' would convince any U.S. Federal Judge (esp. when
a U.S. Citizen goes out of their way to put it in a server in Belize when they operate their own hosting
service in the U.S) that the service is not guilty of something already and deny an FBI warrant request.
The U.S. Government does not care where your services are hosted, or how you claim ownership is
divided up, and especially if you are a U.S. citizen that appears to be in control (and sometimes if you
are real lucky, they do not even care if you are a U.S. Citizen to begin with), if they want to make an
example out of you they will. (see. KimDotCom)

If you get on the list of "Notorious Markets", it really does not matter where you are, who you are,
your citizenship, your servers location, or if you have a legitimate  business that has acted properly to
comply under all rules and regulations, if you are targeted, you will have to deal with it.

Here is the older December 20th, 2011 '"Notorious Markets" report from the office of the president of
the United States.
http://www.ustr.gov/webfm_send/3215

You will notice that many of these items state that they could be used for fully legal actions, but
include misuse, therefore on the list. Under "Cyberlockers" you will notice that "Megaupload" who
provided the same type of service as DropBox, and many other large named corporations is on that
list. I think most of us know the KimDotCom story. If you do not, a quick summery is, MegaUpload
was protected under the U.S. DMCA act, in which direct contact information is publicly available
for all to see, and is to be the direct point of contact for any persons claiming their site to be
hosting copyrighted materials. (I know, I am on the list due to my hosting business.) There had
been no actual complaints or suites filed against the company, and they had a working relationship
with the MPAA/RIAA for them to be able to remove any content they wanted at the click of a button.
Was the service illegal or not? The general answer is probably "legal", however, that is to be decided
after the site has been shut down, and fully investigated in this case. If it is not clearly legal (which
even those things get questioned), and is at worst case something that falls into a shade of grey that
is already being noticed by an entity, such as the SEC or FBI (who has published at least one report on
Bitcoin to my knowledge), then no matter what you do, or say, and try to be to protect yourself
the following applies.

A. It will never be enough to keep them from trying if you get targeted.
B. It will only make you look more guilty the more you try to "hide" things in other countries, etc.

If any entity targets you, the big question is what will happen to all of the users of the site and their data?
With the voluntary shutdown of GLBSE all data was retained, and is eventually being distributed. In the
previously mentioned worst case scenario, there would be no such luxury.

BitFunder has learned from this incident and has the users best interests in mind.
When a user signs up for BitFunder they are asked to provide a bitcoin address that will be listed publicly.
BitFunder publicly lists all data by coinaddress,asset,shares live on the site at all times without violating
any users privacy and allows them to proove ownership should the need arise.
You can view the public asset list at https://bitfunder.com/assetlist.

As of this point, re-checking their websites, and to the best of my knowledge, I can not find on either
btct.co or cryptostocks, a plan of action provided to the public that would stop such a terrifying loss
to the users and community, be it from "three letter agencies" to server and data failures, hackers, or
some other reason.

James (Nefario) was correct that the best course of action would be to become a legally supervised
entity. At least this somewhat lowers the chance.

I currently own and operate an AUD/CAD/USD exchange (https://WeExchange.co), and am
presently pursuing licensing in multiple countries & states for it. While in the process of this, I have
also been working out a method to potentially further legalize BitFunder in a respectable country.

I would hate to see this thread change to the subject of whats legal or not, options, etc.
If you want to continue the discussion I am more than happy to on another thread, or on IRC. Smiley

Again, this is only my opinion on the matter, which it may very well be wrong, but I allowed to have it.
I am always open to new ideas, concepts, etc and generally want to hear them.
(That is, after all the proper way to form an opinion of your own, not by shutting down others responses.)

Also, this opinion is not attempting to insult anyone in any way, if it has done so, I apologize ahead of time.

HeRetiK
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 2111

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:19:28 AM

What I want to know is this: after six months during which you've charged users superlative fees for using imaginary services you failed to provide, how exactly are you going to effect the refund of those BTC?

Haha not going to happen, refund all fees? He would owe me at least 2-5 bitcoin in fees probably.

MPOE-PR, they are still charging fees even right now and still keeping hold of that 0.0025 reserve in the wallet.

I'm sure they don't plan a refund if they are still taking as much profit as possible.

I think MPOE-PR was talking about the fee to get your asset listed, not the transaction fees...
stefffe

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 07:54:46 AM

OFFICIAL ASICMINER UPDATE

BTCT closing
Today, we discussed this topic and Friedcat will be reaching out to Burnside to determine the best way to handle all of his PT shareholders. Burnside might just give Friedcat a database to process, and TAT Investments has offered to handle a full migration to the AM1 asset on HavelockInvestments.com if it is feasible and agreeable.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
bittop100

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:15:23 AM

I know there are going to be lots of questions. 

I will do what I can to answer questions and concerns tomorrow.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 08:54:17 AM

Take off the 30 BTC entrance fee and mpex might get some assets

Keep the fee but reduce it to 3, for noob-repellant.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 08:57:52 AM

I think MPOE-PR was talking about the fee to get your asset listed, not the transaction fees...

Ah ok, well that would be far easier because 35 * 5 = 175 bitcoin. I am sure thats possible to refund.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 09:36:00 AM

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 [119] 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 »
  Print  

Jump to: