Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:51:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ?  (Read 67952 times)
dfox101

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:00:37 PM

Most altcoins are garbage, but there are a few that did advance the blockchain technologies and made us better understanding the cybercurrency. Yet none will ever getting close to bitcoin.
Some of them only but it's easy to spot the legitimate altcoins, you have to make sure you invest in a big funded ICO and altcoins that has a good roadmap.
Big funded ICO doesn't really guarantee that the project will be a success and bring you decent profit in the future. I've seen so damn many ICO project out there which could only gain about less than hundreds of bitcoin but the project was successfully launched and even after the ICO were done the price of those coins still rising. It's depend on how the devs could make up its popularity
Well, ICO is not always trustworthy, some of them even turn into real scammers and steal all the money of investors. You need to have a decent knowledge about the blockchain system, altcoin develop in order to find a successful ICO. Yeah, I have seen many projects which only need a small fund but still can beat many other cryptos

ICOs are in most cases for the "devs" to grab easy money. The "roadmap" stuff seldom finished, and raised fund usage is a mystery. At some point the devs will disappear one by one, quietly, leaving investors a big loss.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FLoving

Activity: 1022
Merit: 521

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:27:50 PM

Most altcoins are garbage, but there are a few that did advance the blockchain technologies and made us better understanding the cybercurrency. Yet none will ever getting close to bitcoin.
That's maybe true in the present because to be highly developed and to rise sky high like bitcoin now, altcoins need to have enough amount of time and draw plenty of attention to grow. But as time passes by, this might no longer true. Nothing can last forever and so does bitcoin, it will surely be replaced by another crypto coins, what's left now is the matter of time.

altcoin is not dependent on Bitcoin and Bitcoin does not depend also to altcoins but  creating an altcoin would be beneficial since you can converts those alts to btc..

ALtcoins are dependent on bitcoins. If you notice on exchangers the only way to purchase or to avail an altcoin is through bitcoin. Why is it? The reason is simple, bitcoin can be exchanged to dollars easily and even to local fiat currencies in many countries while altcoins cannot be. Altcoins still needed to be traded to bitcoins so you can convert it to cash.

On the other hand bitcoin can survive without any altcoins since it is backed up by dollars and not by altcoins.
Exchanging one currency to other does not mean that this first currency is dependent on the other but it is the requirements of the people. Sometimes in some places you will have to change your currency to other form so you sell or buy that and on the exchanges they are available with BTC because BTC is most wanted crypto currency.
Dark Justice

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:10:47 AM

It seems the bitcoin no altcoin then it is very unattractive, bitcoin runs itself without anyone being size, this will look like a runner with no competitors.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:16:00 AM

It seems the bitcoin no altcoin then it is very unattractive, bitcoin runs itself without anyone being size, this will look like a runner with no competitors.
so true . there will be no comparison nor its varied bitcoin prices. indirectly that the bitcoin prices influenced by altcoin.
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 01:38:48 AM

That's maybe true in the present because to be highly developed and to rise sky high like bitcoin now, altcoins need to have enough amount of time and draw plenty of attention to grow. But as time passes by, this might no longer true. Nothing can last forever and so does bitcoin, it will surely be replaced by another crypto coins, what's left now is the matter of time.

altcoin is not dependent on Bitcoin and Bitcoin does not depend also to altcoins but  creating an altcoin would be beneficial since you can converts those alts to btc..
so its mean alt coins are depending on bitcoin, to me i think both bitcoin and alt coin are important to each other, to me as i most invest my assets in bitcoin and from there i futher invest my bitcoin into alt coin and same is the reverse procedure when i want to cash out my some money.

Some users does this, but even without altcoin it is possible to convert bitcoin to fiat. When it comes to altcoin, very few can be directly converted to fiat. In my view, trading can be effective with the altcoins but both were not mutually depending. Mostly alts depends for growth.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
Japinat

Activity: 2968
Merit: 680

View Profile
December 30, 2016, 02:10:01 AM

so its mean alt coins are depending on bitcoin, to me i think both bitcoin and alt coin are important to each other, to me as i most invest my assets in bitcoin and from there i futher invest my bitcoin into alt coin and same is the reverse procedure when i want to cash out my some money.

Some users does this, but even without altcoin it is possible to convert bitcoin to fiat. When it comes to altcoin, very few can be directly converted to fiat. In my view, trading can be effective with the altcoins but both were not mutually depending. Mostly alts depends for growth.
Bitcoin will be more progressive with altcoins, they are not competing but rather helping each other to build a wonderful crypto world. Nowadays, there are a lot of altcoins created and investors and users have other options whether to use bitcoin or alts or use both.

However, it cannot be denied that bitcoin is the most successful one and a dominant currency but they can all exist without a problem.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 04:20:49 PM

Altcoin users are mainly the ones who had a bad luck trying to get bitcoin, and they do that because the bitcoin has become very expensive and hard to mine in recent times, so what they do is mine and invest some money into the altcoins and then exchange them into bitcoin as it seems an effective way of acquiring it.

I am also doing this. If altcoins are not existing, I would not have got chances to experience the industry of mining completely because I came to know about mining only in late 2013 at that time itself ASICs started to dominate bitcoin mining.
mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 04:32:42 PM

Altcoin users are mainly the ones who had a bad luck trying to get bitcoin, and they do that because the bitcoin has become very expensive and hard to mine in recent times, so what they do is mine and invest some money into the altcoins and then exchange them into bitcoin as it seems an effective way of acquiring it.

I am also doing this. If altcoins are not existing, I would not have got chances to experience the industry of mining completely because I came to know about mining only in late 2013 at that time itself ASICs started to dominate bitcoin mining.

Altcoins has become a way to increase bitcoin ammount, without it i doubt we will see people complaining and loosing their coins to shitty coins as well, but how to get more bitcoins without altcoins?
 The thing is that trading of crypto currencies is the main source of new bitcoins, as mining now is just for few people, even with cloud mining there is a risk at it.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 01, 2017, 05:46:58 PM

in fact, it is very difficult to imagine bitcoin without altcoin. probably about 80% of users bitcoin definitely use altcoin to find additional money. Well, I see that most people of this forum is a trader, and I am sure they are traders of altcoin. so I think, bitcoin will feel less without altcoin.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Positid

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

BULL RUN until 2030

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 09:13:15 AM

in fact, it is very difficult to imagine bitcoin without altcoin. probably about 80% of users bitcoin definitely use altcoin to find additional money. Well, I see that most people of this forum is a trader, and I am sure they are traders of altcoin. so I think, bitcoin will feel less without altcoin.
From what I know, altcoin is not a competition but it's also something that makes bitcoin strong as their system is in relation to bitcoin. They help bitcoin to be introduce to their users as well, they are getting some ideas from bitcoin.

.Duelbits.
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
▄▀▄
█   █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█▀▀▀▀▀█
▀█▀█▀
█▄█
█▄█
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀
 ▀▄    ▄▀▀
Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█
█  █    █    █  █  █ █
Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █
█     ▀▄▀     █   ▀▀  █
Blackjack
▄▄▀█████▀▄▄
▄▀▀   █████ ▄▄▀▀▄
███▄  ▄█████▄▀▀▄███
██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
█ ▀▀██▀ ▀▄   ▄▀ ▀██▀▀ █
█    █    ███    █    █
█ ▄▄██▄ ▄▀   ▀▄ ▄██▄▄ █
██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
Roulette
█▀▀▀▄             ▄▀▀▀█
█ ▀▄ ▀▄         ▄▀ ▄▀ █
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄     ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀
▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀
▄ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀▄  ▄
█ ▀▄ ▀▄ ▀  ▄▀ █
▄▀▄ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄
Dice Duels
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 10:14:29 AM

From what I know, altcoin is not a competition but it's also something that makes bitcoin strong as their system is in relation to bitcoin. They help bitcoin to be introduce to their users as well, they are getting some ideas from bitcoin.

It somehow helps because when someone hears about Altcoins, they'll hear about cryptocurrencies so they'll actually hear about Bitcoin itself. So the more popular these altcoins are getting, more people are going to hear about us too. And we need popularity so the demand and the price will also get higher.
DRaGoN RaNTaRo

Activity: 319

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 11:37:12 AM

If you are very much into trading alt coin market is a necessary evil and even without all these altcoins we would be trading bitcoin with USD and other currencies and the difference alt coin market did was it game us many options which is really good.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:43:47 PM

I think your question should be opposite!
Altcoin without Bitcoin?
Presently, Bitcoin acts as a common measure of value for all altcoins.
To Bitcoin, altcoins hardly do anything good!
Bicoin is one man army  Grin
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:55:33 PM

If you are very much into trading alt coin market is a necessary evil and even without all these altcoins we would be trading bitcoin with USD and other currencies and the difference alt coin market did was it game us many options which is really good.

Yup, indeed in the altcoin we can get greater advantage to be able to get more of the bitcoin. In my opinion, altcoin also has a considerable role in the growth of the bitcoin. Because with the advent of altcoin, bitcoin can stay afloat and still can be the best digital currencies. And I hope want to any trading which we do, we should be able to control myself and could analyze the data correctly. For if we cannot do it can be ensured that we got was great loss

Roselop

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 12:56:10 PM

If there is only bitcoin on the market, Perhaps Bitcoin will grow up highly and the price can reach 10,000$ already.
However there will not be many choices for crypto currencies.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:02:32 PM

I agree with you . altcoin use can not be avoided, because bitcoin must have a price comparison and market shares. bitcoin will not have price if no altcoin.
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 01:13:49 PM

It somehow helps because when someone hears about Altcoins, they'll hear about cryptocurrencies so they'll actually hear about Bitcoin itself. So the more popular these altcoins are getting, more people are going to hear about us too. And we need popularity so the demand and the price will also get higher.

No, people even still haven't familiar with bitcoin, so what an affect of altcoin when people if heard cryptocurrency it's directly to bitcoin, not altcoin.
Yes altcoin can make extra money by doing a trade and sometimes it's also can affect bitcoin price, but the effect is only slightly.
marcoman22

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 02:36:19 PM

Without altcoin, Bitcoin popularity would have been a little less. Trading would have been done between Bitcoin/US dollars and trading volume would have been less when compared to current situation.Earning through mining would have been less and only bitcoin would have been mined instead of altcoins.
Bitcoin Market

Activity: 251

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:45:01 PM

Without altcoin, Bitcoin popularity would have been a little less. Trading would have been done between Bitcoin/US dollars and trading volume would have been less when compared to current situation.Earning through mining would have been less and only bitcoin would have been mined instead of altcoins.

I know quite a few people sell the altcoin to buy the bitcoin.
Mastsetad

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 03, 2017, 05:49:46 PM

Who says bitcoin is popular because alt coins exist? Reality is that alt coins are famous because there is bitcoin. All alt coins are traded against btc because people love bitcoin and they want their bitcoins to grow but they are not interested in alt coins themselves.
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: