Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 03:42:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin without Altcoin ?  (Read 67952 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2394
Merit: 605

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:27:06 PM

Well altcoins made several people earn and keep making people earn insanes ammounts with it,soo thats why they keep and will always be.The main fact is all altcoins has the xxx/uᴉoɔʇᴉq  .I believe if were only uᴉoɔʇᴉq we could see some manipulation at the uᴉoɔʇᴉq value ,and well less people thinking its a scam project,but well altcoins are supporting the uᴉoɔʇᴉq earnings.

I think altcoins just preventing uᴉoɔʇᴉq to evolve and grow maybe i am not right but that's what i am thinking.
But I don’t agree with you that the evolution of bitcoin is prevented by altcoin, but bitcoin's enhancements are sometimes based on new alt coins. But the core evolution of alt coin is only due to bitcoin. Really alt coin is nothing without bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:28:39 PM

Well how many of us made a good money with altcoins?Without them maybe we would be a 100 dollars value of 1 bitcoin,altcoins bringed several new investors as more users,the thing is if were just bitcoins i cant imagine currently just bitcoin would be amazing to see all the money into bitcoin and growing like no tomorrow,but i like some altcoins as well.
landoadog

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 02:52:54 PM

Well altcoins made several people earn and keep making people earn insanes ammounts with it,soo thats why they keep and will always be.The main fact is all altcoins has the xxx/uᴉoɔʇᴉq  .I believe if were only uᴉoɔʇᴉq we could see some manipulation at the uᴉoɔʇᴉq value ,and well less people thinking its a scam project,but well altcoins are supporting the uᴉoɔʇᴉq earnings.

I think altcoins just preventing bitcoin to evolve and grow maybe i am not right but that's what i am thinking.

With the help of alt coin bitcoin can integrate some part of other alt coins so that bitcoin can evolve in to a better coin.
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:01:40 PM

I think altcoins just preventing bitcoin to evolve and grow maybe i am not right but that's what i am thinking.

With the help of alt coin bitcoin can integrate some part of other alt coins so that bitcoin can evolve in to a better coin.

the question is HOW

i don't think altcoins have any benefit for bitcoin, correct me if i am wrong but there has been no change in bitcoin that was caused by altcoins!

Buying the dip...
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 03:14:13 PM

Well how many of us made a good money with altcoins?Without them maybe we would be a 100 dollars value of 1 bitcoin,altcoins bringed several new investors as more users,the thing is if were just bitcoins i cant imagine currently just bitcoin would be amazing to see all the money into bitcoin and growing like no tomorrow,but i like some altcoins as well.
you are right. bitcoin prices may be high for the moment, but will be without altcoin, because as we all know altcoin always used for trading, but before it has altcoin, people buy bitcoin in advance, it may be one cause of the price of bitcoin, becomes very high

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
gtglener

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 05:50:33 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and none of the currency depends on any other currency, but their strength is depended on its rate of adoption by the people and its regular circulation among the community. The more people accept it the more strength it adopt. So bitcoin is independent to altcoin or any othe crypto currency.
jchst

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 09:59:06 PM

Altcoins allows you to make easy and fast money something that bitcoin can give you but not those 20-60% that altcoins can give.
FallingKnife
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076

keybase.io/fallingknife/

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 03:06:26 AM

Well altcoins made several people earn and keep making people earn insanes ammounts with it,soo thats why they keep and will always be.The main fact is all altcoins has the xxx/uᴉoɔʇᴉq  .I believe if were only uᴉoɔʇᴉq we could see some manipulation at the uᴉoɔʇᴉq value ,and well less people thinking its a scam project,but well altcoins are supporting the uᴉoɔʇᴉq earnings.

the question is HOW

i don't think altcoins have any benefit for bitcoin, correct me if i am wrong but there has been no change in bitcoin that was caused by altcoins!
If there hasn't been any change or improvement in Bitcoin, dont blame altcoins. Alts have lead the way in more secure algos, faster and larger blocks. There has been the learning that comes from 3000 independent experiments that Bitcoin could been cherrypicking.  Instead, Bitcoin is bogged down by stubborn in-fighting, those freakin' tiny & slow 10 minute blocks.  There's a lot that Bitcoin could adapt and use from the altcoin world to improve itself,  if it wasn't so institutionalized, paralyzed, and dominated by a few vested interests. Bitcoin will never last with its impractically slow confirmations. The world will simply move on one day without Bitcoin if it doesn't get its shit together and absorb the best of the altcoin experiments.

Nostr:
npub14wk4hrq6atlq020c7r6eyylpu9gjukyqzafzxu6u80unqfrplq9qhtx8sy
KennyR

Activity: 2282
Merit: 532

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:35:16 AM

uᴉoɔʇᴉq in general would be fine without altcoins, uᴉoɔʇᴉq already was running when there were no altcoins and uᴉoɔʇᴉq is the base and origin of cryptocurrencies, I don't think it will be the same-way around though, I doubt altcoins could sustain without uᴉoɔʇᴉq that it can be bought and sold for.
Yeah, altcoin has nothing to do with the future of bitcoin, these are only rumors that bitcoin is due to altcoins, but these are only traders who want something to trade bitcoin with it.

Agreed. Nothing to do with altcoin, but Bitcoin has the potential to grow even at bad market times. As altcoins were the followers of bitcoin, there is no alts without bitcoin.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
haileysantos95

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:38:47 AM

uᴉoɔʇᴉq in general would be fine without altcoins, uᴉoɔʇᴉq already was running when there were no altcoins and uᴉoɔʇᴉq is the base and origin of cryptocurrencies, I don't think it will be the same-way around though, I doubt altcoins could sustain without uᴉoɔʇᴉq that it can be bought and sold for.
Yeah, altcoin has nothing to do with the future of bitcoin, these are only rumors that bitcoin is due to altcoins, but these are only traders who want something to trade bitcoin with it.

Agreed. Nothing to do with altcoin, but Bitcoin has the potential to grow even at bad market times. As altcoins were the followers of bitcoin, there is no alts without bitcoin.

But alt coins helps bitcoin in making the market of crypto currency alive without alt coins the market is not that happy to trade with.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 09:00:18 AM

But alt coins helps bitcoin in making the market of crypto currency alive without alt coins the market is not that happy to trade with.

yeah, altcoin market is a nice place to make a good profit and make things interesting but i don't think everybody who is trading bitcoin-fiat is doing bitcoin-altcoin trading too.

so i don't think the effect of the altcoin market and keeping it alive as you put it, is totally true.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
n0ne

Activity: 2562
Merit: 548

8ombard - Pick, Play, Prosper!

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 02:37:24 PM

Well altcoins made several people earn and keep making people earn insanes ammounts with it,soo thats why they keep and will always be.The main fact is all altcoins has the xxx/uá´‰oɔʇᴉq  .I believe if were only uá´‰oɔʇᴉq we could see some manipulation at the uá´‰oɔʇᴉq value ,and well less people thinking its a scam project,but well altcoins are supporting the uá´‰oɔʇᴉq earnings.

No I don't think in such a way about the growth of altcoins. At times due to varying strategies altcoins profit high than bitcoin but this doesn't stop the growth of bitcoin.

█████▄▄██
███▄█████
██▄███████▄
████████████████
███▀██████████▀
██▄████████████▄
░█████▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
████▀████████▀████
▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████▀███████▄████
███████▀▀▄▄▄█████
███████████████▀
████████████▀▀
OMBARD.com|.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
██████░██░████░██
▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
██████████████
▄▄░▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀░▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀▀▀
██░██░██████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄░▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░▀▀░▀▀▀▀
PICK,
PLAY,
PROSPER!

██████
██████████
██████████
██████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
█████████████████   ██
PROVABLY
FAIR
1%█████████████████   ██
HOUSE
EDGE
100%█████████████████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS
  Play now  
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:39:31 PM

I think its great to have altcoins around, some great innovations which if need be can be implemented in bitcoin.  Also its great fun trading them sometimes and getting more bitcoin..... Grin
longbob72

Activity: 574
Merit: 503

V2h5IGFyZSB5b3UgcmVhZGluZyB0aGlzPw==

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 02:48:47 PM

No I don't think in such a way about the growth of altcoins. At times due to varying strategies altcoins profit high than bitcoin but this doesn't stop the growth of bitcoin.

I think alts are slowing bitcoin down a lot more than that.
one thing that is very common about altcoins are the fact that when they get added to an exchange, the price raises by a considerable amount.
now most of the time people can only buy newly added altcoins using bitcoins. so they buy small amount of bitcoins, trade said bitcoins with the new alt, alt gets pumped and multiplied their investments, then they cashes out to FIAT through bitcoin.

▄▄███████▄▄                           ▄      ▄
   ██████████████▄                       ███    ███
  ███▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████                     ███    ███
  █████████████▄ ▀███                    ███    ███   █▄ ▄▄
   ▀████▄  ▄▄███  ▀███                   ███    ███  ▄████
   ▄███████████   ▄███                  ███    ███  ▀▀███▀▀
   ███           ▄███         ▄▄▄▄      ███    ███     █    ▄▄  ▄▄▄▄
  ▄███     ▄▄▄▄█████        ▄█████▄    ▄██▀   ▄██▀    ███   █████████
  ███▄    ████████         ▄███▀▀███   ███    ███    ███▀   █████▀████
   ███     ▀▀█████▄      ▄█████▄ ███   ███    ███    ███    ████   ███
   ███         ▀███▄     ███▀███ ███  ███▀   ███▀    ███    ███▀   ███
   ███           ███▄    ███  ▀▀ ███  ███    ███    ███▀   ▄███    ███
   ▀██▄           ███    ███▄  ▄███   ███    ███    ███    ███    ███▀
    ███           ▀███▄   ████████    ███    ███    ███    ███    ███
    ▀██            ▀████   ▀████▀      ██     ██    ▀██    ▀█▀    ▀█▀

▄▄▀                ▀▄▄
     ▄ ▀▀                    ▀▀ ▄
   ▄ ▀▀▀                      ▀▀▀ ▄
  ▄▀▀▀                          ▀▀▀▄
 ▀█▄▄                            ▄▄█▀
▄█  ▄                            ▄  █▄
▀█ █▀                            ▀█ █▀
█▄  ▄                            ▄  ▄█
▀█ █                              █ █▀
█▄   █                          █   ▄█
 ██▄█▀                          ▀█▄██
  ▀▀  ▄█                      █▄  ▀▀
  ▀██▄ ▀  █▄              ▄█  ▀ ▄██▀
    ▀▀▀   ██  █▄      ▄█  ██   ▀▀▀
     ▀███▄▄▀  ███    ███  ▀▄▄███▀
        ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀    ▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀
Free Bitcoins
Chat Lottery & Games
Level Up System with Rewards
▄████████▄  ▄████████▄
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
 ████████    ████████
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
██      ██  ██      ██
▀████████▀  ▀████████▀
RoommateAgreement

Activity: 770

Bazinga!

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:51:46 PM

the question is HOW

If there hasn't been any change or improvement in Bitcoin, dont blame altcoins. Alts have lead the way in more secure algos, faster and larger blocks. There has been the learning that comes from 3000 independent experiments that Bitcoin could been cherrypicking.  Instead, Bitcoin is bogged down by stubborn in-fighting, those freakin' tiny & slow 10 minute blocks.  There's a lot that Bitcoin could adapt and use from the altcoin world to improve itself,  if it wasn't so institutionalized, paralyzed, and dominated by a few vested interests. Bitcoin will never last with its impractically slow confirmations. The world will simply move on one day without Bitcoin if it doesn't get its shit together and absorb the best of the altcoin experiments.

i never said there has been no change in bitcoin, there is a public change log and anybody can check to see the improvements over the years.

Buying the dip...
vlad_rogozov

Activity: 8

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:51:14 PM

The consequences of course will be because they complement each other!
quentincole32

Activity: 518

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:04:29 PM

correct,in logical view,maybe bitcoin would be the only one crypto currency and will unbeaten,but actually not,as you said so many altcoin bring investor,and its make bitcoin more have good movement and better price of course.

▃▃▌▌AMBROSUS▐▐▃▃▃ - TRUSTED QUALITY OF FOOD & MEDICINE
ICO date 13 September
GamingBro

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:24:18 PM

correct,in logical view,maybe bitcoin would be the only one crypto currency and will unbeaten,but actually not,as you said so many altcoin bring investor,and its make bitcoin more have good movement and better price of course.

If one good investor will invest good amount of money in altcoin it really can beat bitcoin with good staff and programmers.

Hi7

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:27:49 PM

Well most people buy altcoins with bitcoin, but I don't think it would influence the price too much.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 06:34:56 PM

Well most people buy altcoins with bitcoin, but I don't think it would influence the price too much.

The exchanges operates and get the most(to not say all) of the profit from the altcoins market, the profit is low from the USD <-> BTC market, without altcoin i think that bitcoin or would have a higher price or a lower price.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: