Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:42:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
luka4x

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:58:27 AM

The developers of DASH are working on something called evolution which is supposed to make it a lot easier for people to use it. So easy that people can use it without waiting for an eternity to download the entire blockchain or even need to know what a blockchain or a masternode is. So easy that ordinary people(non geeks) can use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7erSqaRRnw

Does anyone know if someone is working on something like evolution for PIVX? With that I think PIVX could become number one(if they also change the name).

Yes this is a good point, some bitcoin wallet don´t need to download 80gb blockchain

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xandan

Activity: 1106
Merit: 504

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:13:39 AM

Where some of the coins/tokens are loosing their shares from the market there some like Pivx are still doing very well. It has been very good and this is what I like the most of this. Team is doing very well at all the fronts and people are willing to keep pouring money into this market. My order didn't get filled yet at my desired level.
jakiman
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011

jakiman is back!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 12:55:28 PM

The developers of DASH are working on something called evolution which is supposed to make it a lot easier for people to use it. So easy that people can use it without waiting for an eternity to download the entire blockchain or even need to know what a blockchain or a masternode is. So easy that ordinary people(non geeks) can use it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7erSqaRRnw

Does anyone know if someone is working on something like evolution for PIVX? With that I think PIVX could become number one(if they also change the name).

Yes this is a good point, some bitcoin wallet don´t need to download 80gb blockchain

The only thing that does that right now is Coinomi mobile wallet that just added PIVX.
Obviously it's not a full node wallet but it is very secure, light and easy to use.

coinomi.com

As for such desktop wallet, it is in the roadmap afaik.

Angel Di

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

EVOS

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

All the same, the price is good itself fulfills. Now I regret that had not bought the coin.
coin24

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:17:54 PM

1. Is it possible to run a remote Masternode (VPS) and Stake at the same time on the same local wallet?
2. When I close my local wallet then my staking will stop. But what about my remote masternode, is it still running or will it stop then as well?
3. In the case that my remote masternode will stop after closing my local wallet, is there any solution to keep my masternode running, even I close my local wallet for some days?
4. In the case that I can run my remote masternode while closing my local wallet/keeping it closed for some day, will I still get my reward for this masternode then?
5. At "My Masternode" tab, I can see if my remote masternode is running (ENABLED), or not (MISSING). Is there any other way to check it without having to use my local wallet?
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 03:27:12 PM

hi

1. Is it possible to run a remote Masternode (VPS) and Stake at the same time on the same local wallet?

yes but the 10k reserved for the node will not stake, other coins not reserved (rewards for example) will stake if staking is enabled and the wallet is open

2. When I close my local wallet then my staking will stop. But what about my remote masternode, is it still running or will it stop then as well?

the remote masternode on vps will not stop

3. In the case that my remote masternode will stop after closing my local wallet, is there any solution to keep my masternode running, even I close my local wallet for some days?

see answer above

4. In the case that I can run my remote masternode while closing my local wallet/keeping it closed for some day, will I still get my reward for this masternode then?

sure & it is fun if you open the local controller wallet a week later and all the rewards rolling in, specially if you own a lot of nodes (money rain  Wink)Smiley

5. At "My Masternode" tab, I can see if my remote masternode is running (ENABLED), or not (MISSING). Is there any other way to check it without having to use my local wallet?

yes login to your vps/masternode and use the following command if you use multiple instances "pivx-cli -rpcport=[port of instance] -rpcuser=[your username] -rpcpassword=[your password] masternode status"

the command for one instance on vps would be "pivx-cli masternode status"

happy masternoding/staking
coin24

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:17:44 PM

hi

yes but the 10k reserved for the node will not stake, other coins not reserved (rewards for example) will stake if staking is enabled and the wallet is open

see answer above

sure & it is fun if you open the local controller wallet a week later and all the rewards rolling in, specially if you own a lot of nodes (money rain  Wink)Smiley

yes login to your vps/masternode and use the following command if you use multiple instances "pivx-cli -rpcport=[port of instance] -rpcuser=[your username] -rpcpassword=[your password] masternode status"

Hi DRPD,

Thank you so much for your quick help!

1. The Status for my remote masternodes in "My Masternode" tab sometimes automatically change from "ENABLED" to "MISSING", while having NO Internet connection problems. Do you maybe know the reason why its sometimes automatically change from "ENABLED" to "MISSING"?

2. As you've mentioned that "the remote masternode on vps will not stop", does this means that an automatically Status change from "ENABLED" to "MISSING" on my local wallet won't affect my remote masternodes then as well?

Have a nice weekend!
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 04:35:39 PM

hi

see answer above

Hi DRPD,

Thank you so much for your quick help!

no problem i'm here to help if i can

1. The Status for my remote masternodes in "My Masternode" tab sometimes automatically change from "ENABLED" to "MISSING", while having NO Internet connection problems. Do you maybe know the reason why its sometimes automatically change from "ENABLED" to "MISSING"?

this happens some time not sure why, i also guess it depends on your vps hoster (on vultr for example they have network problems from time to time) and the pivx network

2. As you've mentioned that "the remote masternode on vps will not stop", does this means that an automatically Status change from "ENABLED" to "MISSING" on my local wallet won't affect my remote masternodes then as well?

my advice:
log in to your vps and control the status. if you get a "status" : "Masternode successfully started", don't do anything. if your node is really disabled do a restart from controller wallet
afaik a masternode is only going to (real) missing/disabled state if it is not reachable for more than 1 hour, so short network failures are no problem

Have a nice weekend!

Ditto  Cool
barrel roll troll

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:08:02 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 06:19:00 PM by barrel roll troll

Hey i cant retreive my Pivx with the wallet.dat file  Cry Undecided ..can someone like"jakiman" retreive them for me if i send you the backupwallet.dat file?? thanks  Huh its a Dnet backup file
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:30:38 PM

98% of the time, if a MN is MISSING that means that it has stopped working for some reason, but this is usually not a local problem. When it says MISSING in your local wallet, that means that the wallet has scanned for the MN and has been unable to confirm that it's working. Sometimes it's a false alarm, but most of the time if it's MISSING, it's really not working. Regardless, if you start a MN locally, it will often show up as ENABLED for an hour or two even if something really is broken. So you should always wait a few hours to make sure it stays enabled before shutting down your local wallet.

There are many reasons why a MN may show up as MISSING: If you have screwed something up in your local masternode.conf or the remote pivx.conf, you will usually receive an error message of some kind and it won't say ENABLED in the first place. If it is saying ENABLED but then changing to MISSING after a while, then it's more likely that the remote VPS stopped working (i.e., a server problem), or the remote wallet stopped syncing (i.e., a software problem). Make sure the remote wallet is fully synced (this is in putty or whatever you're using):

Code:
./pivx-cli getinfo

Once it's synced, make sure to start the remote node:

Code:
./pivx-cli masternode start

...chances are you'll get the 'not capable, waiting for remote activation' message. That means you need to go into your local wallet and start the MN there. Don't use 'start many'--use start-alias YOURMASTERNODENAME instead (even if you're starting multiple; start many is sensitive for some reason).

For reference here's what my conf files look like; feel free to copy--no guarantees they'll help you, but it's worth a shot.

Remote pivx.conf:

Code:
rpcuser=XXX
rpcpassword=XXX
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
bantime=50
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=XXX
addnode=108.61.151.69
addnode=173.245.158.8
addnode=coin-server.com
addnode=s3v3nh4cks.ddns.net

Local masternode.conf (%appdata% --> PIVX in Windows):

Code:
MNNAME IP.IP.IP.IP:51472 MNPRIVKEY 10KPIVXTXID 1 or 0
^ need a line like this for each MN you have. Of course, double check that all your private keys and TX IDs are correct, etc.

A MN will have to stay enabled for at least a couple of days to receive its first payout.

If it's still not working, you can get more opinions on Slack: slack.pivx.org
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:42:36 PM

PIVX is still performing so better and there is chance for next rally to get 3x. In other form it's more better than DASH and price is still low as compare with it.
Ricklosti

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:11:23 PM

Good evening friends. How many PIVX are in circulation? What is coin cap limit? Interesting project here...

Welcome. This information plus a lot else is available in the OP here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1262920.0

...and even more info is available on the official PIVX website here:

https://pivx.org/

If you're interested in masternodes, both of the above plus:

https://pivxmasternode.org/

http://178.254.23.111/~pub/DN/DN_masternode_payments_stats.html

Thank you friend. One thing I notice is that PIVX requires one to put up 10k PIVX for a MN. Why did you choose 10k vs 1K like DASH? It seems PIVX MN are already more valuable than DASH in a way? What are some advantages of a PIVX node vs DASH node?
PIVX Masternodes require 10,000 coins. For every Masternode in use it means 10,000 coins are taken out of circulation to service running it. There is a limited supply of Masternodes... Right now there is about 53,000,000 coins and so right now the maximum number of Masternodes possible is limited to about 5,300. (53,000,000/10,000)
Masternode growth is limited to coin supply growth which will be 5 coins per minute (block time). But since coins are distributed all around in smaller amounts, there can't really be 5,300 Masternodes because not enough coins for everybody to set up a Masternode. You must work to achieve the masternode. This gives it value and backs its own value. This whole design perpetuates the rarity exponentially because as more Masternodes are created the coin gets even more valuable which drives up the benefits of having a Masternode. This in turn then continues to drive up the demand even more for people to achieve the 10,000 and take them out of circulation. But every time this happens the coin will only get rarer and more valuable and it is a never ending cycle of perpetual wealth generation for everyone holding the PIVX coin.
Why? Because if you can achieve 10,000 coins, and create the masternode, you are then guaranteed to find a block at least once per week. PIVX is basically designed to pay you to buy it and save it and take its coins out of circulation. It is the true saver's coin. It's a win win because even if you don't have a Masternode yet, we all benefit just owning any coins at all we will catch the ride and increase in value.

one of the best and clearest explanations on what a masternode is and more importantly WHY its so cool to have one + how the coin profits from it!
Be fortunate to get some under $1. If & when 1 PIVX is worth $1,000 then Masternodes will be making thousands per week.
B8888

Activity: 59

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 07:58:49 PM

I dont like how 52 MILL coins are already in circulation. This sounds like a P&D. I will be watching and research more however.
berron

Activity: 727
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:04:41 PM

I dont like how 52 MILL coins are already in circulation. This sounds like a P&D. I will be watching and research more however.

This maybe help you

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php

About 10 whales (hi, boys, you deserve it) with more than 1%, about 100 big stakeholders with more than 0.1% and the remaining 68% of the supply distributed among smaller wallets and MN's. IMHO, quite fair distribution.

Salute

Have you tried a real DEX??? But a real DEX like this!!!
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:12:24 PM

How do you feel about something like ETH, then? There are 90 million ETH (increasing at 18 million a year)....

If it's a P&D, it's the slowest P&D in the history of crypto--PIVX has been around since 2015, after all. Good that you're doing your research, though.
bathrobehero
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051

ICO? Not even once.

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:12:43 PM

Hey guys, just a quick and likely silly idea and feel free to discard it but here it goes; on reddit there's a new sub called /r/place in which there's a big canvas and everyone can paint (over) a single pixel every 10 minutes with different colors. There are a bunch of pictures, flags and even a BTC and Monero logo and I was thinking with the recent huge interest and influx of PIVX fans that we could coordinate the drawing (and defending) of a PIVX logo. It would be both good fun and good advertisement, I think.

I would love to see a PIVX shield pixel logo added somewhere but unfortunately, I have to go offline for now but if you guys would think it's something that would work please involve the slack group because most people seem to follow PIVX there.

Link for the pic/subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/place/

Not your keys, not your coins!
SwingFirst

Activity: 678
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:04:53 AM

I'm posting my video tweet here as well, feel free to share it to spread the word!

https://twitter.com/SwingFirstBTCT/status/848272019829510146

If you want the video to post entirely yourself, let me know! I'm doing this for the community. Smiley
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:46:45 AM

DOMAIN For SALE >> DARKSEND.COM+ bitcoinwallet.id + ethereumwallet.id + litecoin.id + ethereumclassic.id + bitxapo.com + x24kgold.com[PM please!!] NO DOUBT | NO FAKE | NO SCAM [Call me : +6285234733951 / WA | email : rimbahugamedia@gmail.com]
OPEN BID..!!1 BID for all domains | ACCEPT PIVX
4ml

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 03:40:35 AM

This maybe help you

http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/PIVX/richlist.php

About 10 whales (hi, boys, you deserve it) with more than 1%, about 100 big stakeholders with more than 0.1% and the remaining 68% of the supply distributed among smaller wallets and MN's. IMHO, quite fair distribution.

Salute

The richlist is cool, I think. Let's say a person has exactly 3 masternodes. Will that person show up with one address holding 30,000 PIVX, or will they show up with three different addresses each holding 10,000 PIVX?
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 06:44:43 AM

I am thinking to slowly buy a few of this as it has great potential for growth. About a masternode, do we need special equipment or servers to host one of those? I know it costs a lot to buy 10k so am no where near that lol but maybe if I teamed up with a few friends, am thinking of this for the future..  Smiley

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: