Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:37:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782150 times)
parple

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 06:51:06 PM

Hi
I upgraded my wallet to version 3.0.5 but 10 of my pivx have now gone!
I started using the wallet about a week ago and had the issue of 10% of my total being converted to zpiv, that's 10 coins (+fee) from a total of 100.62 I converted them back but since I've updated the transaction is showing as conflicted?
On the 12/11/17 I had 4 random transactions, one which conflicted but the rest gave me about 2 coins each.  I had no idea what was going on and assumed I had been extremly lucky with the staking, I'd only been doing it for 4 days so don't really know how the rewards work.  About this time I noticed the wallet wasn't syncing so I left it until 3.0.5 came out when I read about the problems.
After updating and the block chain resynced I checked and I was on the correct block chain, 10 of my pivx where in the pending section and the 6 I'd randomly received had gone but where still showing in the transactions section.  I closed the wallet to wait for the 10 pending coins to become available, when I opened the wallet again the 10 pivx had disappered.
I've deleted the blockchain data as is shown on the pivx website and resynced but still missing the 10, I rescanned the block chain for transfers and nothing.
As I mentioned the transaction appears in transactions section (but not the recent transactions on the overview) but has an excalmation in the box instead of a tick and says the transaction is conflicted.  I also have those 4 other random conflicted transaction I recieved but they are showing in the overview section.
I'm really confused and hope someone can help me with this.  Is it worth me deleting everything and starting again using my backup before I updated to 3.0.5?

When you keep the old backups of your wallet.dat there's not much that can go wrong trying.
I had to do some rescanning in the wallet, that fixed it for me.

Maybe close the wallet, delete the blockchain and the wallet (but keep a copy!), let it sync first, then close down the client, copy back the wallet.dat, then start the client, wait.

It's a blockchain, coins don't disappear.

Thanks for the reply, i'll give that a go and report back when it's finished.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 08:17:18 PM

Hi
I upgraded my wallet to version 3.0.5 but 10 of my pivx have now gone!
I started using the wallet about a week ago and had the issue of 10% of my total being converted to zpiv, that's 10 coins (+fee) from a total of 100.62 I converted them back but since I've updated the transaction is showing as conflicted?
On the 12/11/17 I had 4 random transactions, one which conflicted but the rest gave me about 2 coins each.  I had no idea what was going on and assumed I had been extremly lucky with the staking, I'd only been doing it for 4 days so don't really know how the rewards work.  About this time I noticed the wallet wasn't syncing so I left it until 3.0.5 came out when I read about the problems.
After updating and the block chain resynced I checked and I was on the correct block chain, 10 of my pivx where in the pending section and the 6 I'd randomly received had gone but where still showing in the transactions section.  I closed the wallet to wait for the 10 pending coins to become available, when I opened the wallet again the 10 pivx had disappered.
I've deleted the blockchain data as is shown on the pivx website and resynced but still missing the 10, I rescanned the block chain for transfers and nothing.
As I mentioned the transaction appears in transactions section (but not the recent transactions on the overview) but has an excalmation in the box instead of a tick and says the transaction is conflicted.  I also have those 4 other random conflicted transaction I recieved but they are showing in the overview section.
I'm really confused and hope someone can help me with this.  Is it worth me deleting everything and starting again using my backup before I updated to 3.0.5?

When you keep the old backups of your wallet.dat there's not much that can go wrong trying.
I had to do some rescanning in the wallet, that fixed it for me.

Maybe close the wallet, delete the blockchain and the wallet (but keep a copy!), let it sync first, then close down the client, copy back the wallet.dat, then start the client, wait.

It's a blockchain, coins don't disappear.

Thanks for the reply, i'll give that a go and report back when it's finished.

Just to add, it's possible/likely the random ~2 PIVX transactions were staking rewards from when you were on the wrong chain. Under transactions, they would be described as 'Minted', and very likely will be in a light grey colour with a question mark over on the left. If so, these are not 'real' transactions, in the sense that they occurred in the alternate universe of the other chain. You won't get them back, but you also never actually had them in the first place, if that makes any sense.

The other 10 that you mention are a different story, and for those Turing's advice will be your best bet.
D37945

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:23:15 PM

I'm re-downloading the blockchain as I got an error when updating to the latest wallet.  Did anyone else get that error?
Welp! I've been stuck at block 791149 (11 weeks) for about an hour now. Anyone know how to fix this?
EleanorZ

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 11:59:58 PM

I'm re-downloading the blockchain as I got an error when updating to the latest wallet.  Did anyone else get that error?
Welp! I've been stuck at block 791149 (11 weeks) for about an hour now. Anyone know how to fix this?

Shut down wallet. Restart. If, after loading, it says 'the blockchain was corrupted; do you want to rebuild?', say yes and let it re-sync (will take a few hours). If it loads but again gets stuck, easiest to just manually re-sync. See Q1 & Q2 below.

https://forum.pivx.org/t/faq-for-wallet-issues/878

Your wallet.dat isn't affected by any of this, but best to back it up anyway.
cenkoff555

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:56:09 AM

I'm re-downloading the blockchain as I got an error when updating to the latest wallet.  Did anyone else get that error?

Shut down wallet. Restart. If, after loading, it says 'the blockchain was corrupted; do you want to rebuild?', say yes and let it re-sync (will take a few hours). If it loads but again gets stuck, easiest to just manually re-sync. See Q1 & Q2 below.

During the past few weeks a got two "conflicted" transaction as well.
One of them was 100 minted zPiv and another one - 100Piv. Now in total I am missing 200 Piv!

I think I have already tried most of the suggested troubleshooting approaches like the link shared above.

Do u guys have any idea what could be the reason for the problem? I am a bit worried now and hope will find a solution soon.
I have already opened an incident with the fresh desk, but no solution so far.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
harvw

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:04:07 AM

Is there any reason why the PIVX market is closed on Cryptopia due to Zerocoin vulnerability? Will a fix be rolled out to address this issue?

The beginning of a new era.
bitty_fruitty

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 02:41:36 PM

During the past few weeks a got two "conflicted" transaction as well.
One of them was 100 minted zPiv and another one - 100Piv. Now in total I am missing 200 Piv!

I think I have already tried most of the suggested troubleshooting approaches like the link shared above.

Do u guys have any idea what could be the reason for the problem? I am a bit worried now and hope will find a solution soon.
I have already opened an incident with the fresh desk, but no solution so far.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

If someone loses coins in a tricky blockchain, someone else gets them.
Things do not vanish to nowhere.
D37945

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 04:22:16 PM

Thank you, this solution worked!
EleanorZ

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:22:03 PM

If someone loses coins in a tricky blockchain, someone else gets them.
Things do not vanish to nowhere.

No, 'someone else' does NOT get them. That's not how blockchains work. You're correct that they don't vanish; they are still accounted for on the blockchain--they simply aren't showing in the wallet.

There have been many wallet releases in the last few weeks, which on the one hand is understandable given that PIVX is introducing something that has never been done before. On the other hand, it has dramatically increased the likelihood that things will go wrong in the short term, as users with varying degrees of experience and awareness are suddenly in uncharted waters.

@cenkoff555, the first part of this may be less relevant to you, but I'm including it for others who may come here.

I'll assume that everyone is on wallet v3.0.5, but if not, do that first: https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases

Next, ensure you're on the correct chain: https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/7cighm/how_do_i_find_out_if_im_on_the_right_chain/

If you're not on the correct chain, or if the block database won't load, or, really, if you just want to be safe and start fresh, you should re-sync the blockchain: https://forum.pivx.org/t/faq-for-wallet-issues/878

If you're on the correct chain and your block database is correct and you STILL are seeing conflicted zPiv transactions, you may need to recover them: https://pivx.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/30000025649-why-do-some-of-my-zpiv-not-appear-

The challenge here is that zPiv transactions are backed up separately from normal Piv transactions. If you're not restoring from the right backup, the transactions may remain conflicted. The fork resulting from the discovery of the 3rd party libzerocoin exploit added a further complication. For example, if you tried to convert zPiv back to Piv while you were on the wrong fork, it may appear conflicted.

If, after all this, there are still issues, then the PIVX Slack (https://slack.pivx.org/), Forum (https://forum.pivx.org/), or Support Center (https://pivx.freshdesk.com/support/home) will help. To the best of my knowledge, all 'missing' coins have been able to be recovered thus far.

Unrelated sidebar: If you continued staking while you were on the wrong chain, any minted rewards you received will appear as conflicted (grey text + question mark). You only received these in the alternate universe of the other chain; i.e., they weren't real rewards and never actually existed on the correct chain. So no steps will allow you to 'recover' these, since they never actually existed in the first place. Just ignore them.
D3legacy

Activity: 178
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:46:04 PM

Does anybody know what causes that problem from time to time? Everytime im happy because i stake succesfully it turns out to be an orphan block Sad

EleanorZ

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:10:43 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 09:42:29 PM by EleanorZ

Does anybody know what causes that problem from time to time? Everytime im happy because i stake succesfully it turns out to be an orphan block Sad

OK, two separate things here.

Option 1: I don't know how often you're receiving rewards, but if you receive them somewhat often and if they are orphaned EVERY time, then that implies a problem on your end (wrong chain/corrupt block database/etc.).  If this is the case, check out all the steps outlined in my post above.

Option 2: If the problem only occurs 'from time to time', then there is likely no problem at all. To paraphrase user bocyaj on Medium:

An orphan block is a block that was generated by your wallet, but rejected by the blockchain; any coins created within it are lost. Orphan blocks will happen occasionally on almost every blockchain. An orphan block occurs when two wallets stake the ‘next block’ for the blockchain at nearly the same time. Since there can only be one ‘next block’, one of those closely-minted blocks gets deemed an orphan and forgotten.

The first thing your wallet does after staking a block is send out a message to all the connected nodes (wallets) to let them know that ‘I staked the next block’. If those wallets have already received that same ‘I staked the next block’ message from a different wallet, they will reply with something like ‘too late, keep trying’. Your wallet will then mark the block it created as an orphan block.

In other words, this is normal and unavoidable with current technology--it is not unique to PIVX. Your geographic location, location relative to other nodes, and internet connection may also conspire to slightly increase or decrease the rate at which you create orphan blocks relative to 'normal'. And the overall number of transactions on the network would also play a role.
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 01:43:25 AM

Is there any reason why the PIVX market is closed on Cryptopia due to Zerocoin vulnerability? Will a fix be rolled out to address this issue?

I think all coin with the zercoin protocol are cloesd at cryptopia. I hope this issue will be solved very soon. But i aslo think this is a good decision from crytopia to save the coins.
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 12:36:23 AM

I think all coin with the zercoin protocol are cloesd at cryptopia. I hope this issue will be solved very soon. But i aslo think this is a good decision from crytopia to save the coins.
Cryptopia save this coin for moment untill all problem is solved because to avoid something wrong. So they do this for make investors funds save and i think after all problem solved cryptopia will open trading for this coin again

This is true. I think it is better to save the coin than to loose maybe all of your hard earned money. Cryptopia did everything right in this case. After the problems are solved, it will makes us even stronger in the future.
mapie88

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 07:58:32 AM

Cryptopia save this coin for moment untill all problem is solved because to avoid something wrong. So they do this for make investors funds save and i think after all problem solved cryptopia will open trading for this coin again

This is true. I think it is better to save the coin than to loose maybe all of your hard earned money. Cryptopia did everything right in this case. After the problems are solved, it will makes us even stronger in the future.
You're right, i hope it will not long and if cryptopia can solve this problem as soon as possible, PIVX holder must be happy and maybe giving positive feed back to cryptopia

I did not withdraw any coins but right now the wallet status for PIVX at Cryptopia is "OK". Maybe you guys should check it out.

q327K091
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1010

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:16:17 AM

i remember when this was an intelligent thread ... enjoy it was yesterday...

arent yo some kind of einstein, sio! or we might have to do what gulden does with their own thread , curious as to what ? go and try to spam there
EleanorZ

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:30:10 AM

Posting this here as a general FYI--some users on certain platforms may encounter this runtime error, and if so, there is a solution:

https://github.com/PIVX-Project/PIVX/releases/tag/v3.0.5.1
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 09:00:39 AM

Posting this here as a general FYI--some users on certain platforms may encounter this runtime error, and if so, there is a solution:

yes this update solved the runtime problem on my w-server and "stuck on a block before 908000" on windows 7 & w-server (both 64-bit ofc)
so i strongly recommend this update

keep it purple folks
B1tUnl0ck3r

Activity: 854
Merit: 277

liife threw a tempest at you? be a coconut !

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:51:44 AM

Thanks a lot for posting. I was stuck on block 908000 with the 3.0.5 ubuntu 64bit, just finished update to the latest version and it's working, synced and staking!

I wait a little to cheers and congratulate the devs for the splendid work they did, and how well they seem to have overcome all bugs.

a little problem, both wallet 3.0.5 and 3.0.5.1 have the same file name, so check out if you keep a few, mine new one had a (1) at the end Wink

When the people of the world will get that covid was intentionally released to frame china, steal the election from trump, assure massive bail outs and foster the forced vaccination agendas...they will forget, like 911, wmds in irak, uss liberty or pedogate.
mapie88

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:53:57 PM

Me too, i have linux and the wallet was stuck at block 908000. The new release works perfectly, congrats to the devs. I'm just sorry that all these little problems are piling up lately but I'm sure we'll come out stronger than before.

versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 06:54:59 PM

I tried with 3.0.5, and it stucks with block 907999.
Now I tried with 3.0.5.1, with a complete new installation, and again it got stuck at the same block.

I'm running ubuntu linux 16.04.3 LTO, 64 bit.

My last try with version 3.0.5.1 has lost nearly all of it's 16 connections, I see only 2 now.
Pages: « 1 ... 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 [466] 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: