Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:34:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: .

Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 541 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][PIVX] - PRIVATE INSTANT VERIFIED TRANSACTION - PROOF OF STAKE - ZEROCOIN  (Read 782152 times)
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:35:49 AM

Bathrobe: Yeah - It's been a patient building for sure.  One that many of us have known is solid, and "markets" are now beginning to validate.

The amount of reach PIVX is setting up to have in 2018 is amazing.

I have a twitter wager going... I said around $80 by end of next year.  Another is saying $100+.  11 PIV is on the line.  Either way - whoever wins, we all win.

The rate we're expanding, I think $80 might be low...

I will include 2 main factors in my answer, crypto in 2018 and the tech.
1. 2018 is going to be huge for crypto. We see it unfolding and we have to include that here.
2. Pivx tech is on par with the two big top anon coins -  Monero and Zcash. But once we are fully anon, next year is my guess, we will be a better deal than either. Especially since we are the only POS anon coin with the zerocoin protocol.

We should be an easy 100 USD on tech alone, but 2018 is going to see a huge influx of money. I am calling, at a minimum, a $200 year end price. All top 50-100 coins plus are gonna fly and we are a top 3 anon coin.

Been in this a while and I know a undervalued coin when I see one and then throw some 2018 crypto magic on it. Gonna go boom....
Hi there all you Pivx Guruus, just a simple question from a Newbie: What is so special about the zerocoin protocol? Is there a big advantage to all the competitors?

Right now if you are spending using zPIV (zerocoin) and using the 1 zPIV denomination, you are essentially mixing your coins with over 10,000 other coins. I don't know of any other privacy coins that offer something similar to that scale.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
legday

Activity: 560
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 01:15:26 AM

Current number of masternodes is 2109. Can I see masternode chart? I would like to know if number of masternodes has been decreasing or increasing past few months   
The Crypto Baron

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 03:33:00 AM

Current number of masternodes is 2109. Can I see masternode chart? I would like to know if number of masternodes has been decreasing or increasing past few months   

Pretty stable.  Was around 1900-2000 back in the big 10 cent to 2 dollar explosion in the Spring.

Alpha0One1

Activity: 588
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 04:56:47 AM

Just did it....no staking for the moment.

@Alpha0One1  try some staking calculator like this one: http://pivx.cryptonode.co/

cheers

Thank you very much DRPD. I now have a good idea how much PIVX coins to target to get a good stake and hopefully reach at least 1 masternode.
DRPD
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:04:25 AM

maybe this chart is helpful for u (only 2 months for mn's not much fluctuation)
https://masternodes.online/currencies/PIVX/

happy noding & staking all

edit: also check this one with a geographical overview:
https://masternodes.pro/stats/pivx
versprichnix

Activity: 876
Merit: 291

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 12:38:01 PM

I'm trying the android PIVX wallet app, in version 2.0.1. A small pivx transfer does not show up in this wallet, the explorer is displaying it correctly.

In menue "Settings > Change trusted node" I'm trying to change from the default pivt.furszy.tech to node.pivxwiki.org, but instead of simply changing, it adds further entries of node.pivxwiki.org, and stays at pivt.furszy.tech. A bug, obviously. I'm going on with coinomi, and waiting for a pivx wallet update.
rebal15

Activity: 527
Merit: 6

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 05:34:18 PM

Bathrobe: Yeah - It's been a patient building for sure.  One that many of us have known is solid, and "markets" are now beginning to validate.

The amount of reach PIVX is setting up to have in 2018 is amazing.

I have a twitter wager going... I said around $80 by end of next year.  Another is saying $100+.  11 PIV is on the line.  Either way - whoever wins, we all win.

The rate we're expanding, I think $80 might be low...

I will include 2 main factors in my answer, crypto in 2018 and the tech.
1. 2018 is going to be huge for crypto. We see it unfolding and we have to include that here.
2. Pivx tech is on par with the two big top anon coins -  Monero and Zcash. But once we are fully anon, next year is my guess, we will be a better deal than either. Especially since we are the only POS anon coin with the zerocoin protocol.

We should be an easy 100 USD on tech alone, but 2018 is going to see a huge influx of money. I am calling, at a minimum, a $200 year end price. All top 50-100 coins plus are gonna fly and we are a top 3 anon coin.

Been in this a while and I know a undervalued coin when I see one and then throw some 2018 crypto magic on it. Gonna go boom....
Hi there all you Pivx Guruus, just a simple question from a Newbie: What is so special about the zerocoin protocol? Is there a big advantage to all the competitors?

Right now if you are spending using zPIV (zerocoin) and using the 1 zPIV denomination, you are essentially mixing your coins with over 10,000 other coins. I don't know of any other privacy coins that offer something similar to that scale.

libzerocoin Exploit Fix

zPIV relies on a 3rd party library called libzerocoin. All currencies that utilize the zerocoin protocol use libzerocoin, and many of those currencies have been exposed to an exploit which allowed for the creation of multiple zero-knowledge spending proofs for one single zerocoin mint. The PIVX developers were able properly identify the exploit, track down any fraudulent spending proofs, link the fraudulent spending proofs with their one valid proof that they were mutated from, and remove any mints from the accumulators that were derived from the invalid spends.
fishervwb

Activity: 445
Merit: 39

View Profile
December 28, 2017, 07:37:05 PM

AriseBank Announces Partnership With PIVX

Dallas, TX — The world’s first decentralized bank announced their partnership with PIVX, a top 50 cryptocurrency late Wednesday afternoon, citing a need for a global coalition of the most talented decentralization and privacy cryptocurrency developers and platforms.

“We hold these truths to be self evident. To those informed enough to know, the World Bank documents that billions of people live on less than $20 per day. The NDC verifies 40 countries are so insolvent, they can’t pay the interest on their one hundred trillion dollars of collective debt, including America. After America, we seek the architects of the true decentralization and privacy movements to join us in a “Bank to the future”; providing legally compliant choices, beyond the status quo matrix world, that billions no longer have to live in, after untold millenia”, said Jared Rice Sr., CEO of AriseBank. “Together we have the how, the time is now and we want people to join us”, he said.

As of Wednesday at 11:42PM CST, PIVX (PIVX) was valued at $11.11 and has been flirting with $13 in recent weeks. Now joining forces with AriseBank, PIVX will be featured through the AriseBank platform, debuting in the coming weeks as well as a top 10 featured cryptocurrency in their major cryptocurrency ATM rollout currently underway. “Our partnership with AriseBank, the vision of PIVX being a globally accepted decentralized cryptocurrency can now become a reality much sooner than we anticipated. With our energy efficient PoS network, Low cost and blazingly fast privacy-enabled transactions, we both knew it was a great opportunity and here we are. With the additional feature sets that we are bringing in 2018, this partnership can only bring more benefits to the end users of both AriseBank and PIVX in the long term. We are very excited about this joint venture to bring a more accessible and usable cryptocurrency to the masses”, said ‘s3v3nh4cks’ (pseudonym), the founder of PIVX.

AriseBank is set to release more information on their ATM release and further developments on their partnership with BitShares in the coming days along with a preview to their revolutionary ATM software for their cryptocurrency-based ATMs. PIVX is set to be a featured cryptocurrency next to BitShares in the ATM rollout as well as other Arise products and services. “We truly believe in the future of both of these cryptocurrencies. We love their communities and what they stand for when it comes to decentralization. While both of them have two drastically different ideas on how blockchains should operate, they both share the same decentralized vision that makes AriseBank special”, says AriseBank COO Stanley Ford. An exciting week of releases is upcoming for AriseBank, BitShares and PIVX as many endorsement deals loom and the beginning of AriseBank’s public sale begins for their ongoing ICO. Arise wants to bring unity to the blockchain and you can expect them to partner with many cryptocurrencies that are featured within the platform in the coming days and weeks ahead.

https://www.arisebank.com/2017/12/28/arisebank-announces-partnership-with-pivx/
EleanorZ

Activity: 359
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 10:00:10 PM

Two things, which I'm posting here as a general FYI, since the BCT thread doesn't get updated as much as other channels.

The first is from PIVX's Exchange Coordinator John M on Discord, via Turtleflax on Reddit (https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/7msi7c/donation_fund_for_exchange_listing/):

Good evening everyone. I have been working with exchanges to get added to them, and we have run into a small roadblock. Some of these exchanges require payment for addition. Now these aren't fees for listing, but rather funds for promotions and airdrops. Most, if not all of the funds get distributed back to the community. Some very generous members of the community have put forward some PIVX to help negotiations with other exchanges already, but we need to have a pool for this so that we have some negotiation power when speaking with larger exchanges. I personally think around 4000 PIVX for a pool is sufficient. This would allow us to move quickly with the exchanges, instead of having a coin with a budget for this getting listed first. PIVX address is DGNe3hSAJnZwMTuCCRKEaqCKzjMvkbgNWr BTC address is 3QxJGj4FLAWM7s9WwKVxL7CVVvuH5QkXb6

The second is from user Sieress on Reddit/Discord (https://www.reddit.com/r/pivx/comments/7n0yud/pivx_masternode/drydlgg/):

[...] The 2018 road map is still being finalized so this list is in no way set in stone.

To start with, we're in discussions with at least 5 of the top 15 exchanges with at least 3 of them already working on development and test for listing PIVX, apologies I can't say who, there are NDA's around the discussions of listing prior to announcements.

The iOS mobile wallet is just about (if not already) to complete testing, that will be submitted to Apple before the year end which will tick off our last promised roadmap item for 2017.

The new wallet redesign has had it's pull request submitted and ready to be rolled out, we also have a completely overhauled PIVX wallet to be released next year using JavaFX.

The core wallet should also incorporate BIP 39 and 44 which allow for wallet recovery seeds.

Hopefully the dandelion protocol work makes it into 2018, with this protocol, privacy goes to the next level where addresses will no longer be able to be linked to IP's. This would be huge but there's been some issues found with the Dandelion library (they are their own project similar to zerocoin) delaying the ability to integrate into PIVX.

Of course, there's zDEX to be released towards the end of Q1 which will allow in wallet trades of zPIV <> BTC. This introduces MN's being able to collect the fees from these trades as an incentive to run their MN's.

The masternode tool is going to be released in Q1 allowing for collateral to be stored on the ledger instead of a PC. It'll also have a few features the are unique to MNO's.

zPIV staking should be rolled out early Q1 along with deterministic zPIV (zPIV recovery seeds, so zPIV mints are no longer locked to the wallet.dat they were minted on). This will encourage a large volume of piv to move to zPIV as the rewards for zPIV staking are higher.

We should also start to see the first phase implementation of CDG (community designed governance), this will give all holders of piv a vote in the proposals.

There are also partnerships with up and coming projects like adbank, local world forwarders and unity, there's a new initiative being worked on called PIVX ambassadors where people represent PIVX to their community which is supported by PIVX (merch & funding). Oh and there's the POS app coming to push merchant adoption in a big way.

That's a lot of the road map stuff coming in 2018, it's going to be a big year and that's not all of it Smiley. So why will it take off? Sure there's all this great tech coming but it's the community that will really launch us. The community is taking the initiative to roll out PIVX to their local communities and businesses. ONEZetty in Mexico, Buer in the UAE, Jeffrey in South Africa, Snappy in Canada (just to name a few) are getting involved in promoting the project to their friends / families / local businesses / hosting meetups, it's the drive of the community that will move this awesome project to the people.

[...]
jhcooper7

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 30, 2017, 11:58:03 PM

https://i.redd.it/te4p1siz75701.png

I've recently made Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash posters in a similar style. They've been really successful and loads of people have asked to buy one. I decided to set up an Etsy shop and try to make some other cryptos. I love PIVX and have been holding some for almost a year now. It was one of the first cryptos I got into and so I really wanted to produce this!
If you like the design I am selling both printed and digital copies of this design over at: https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/CryptoMerchArt
I'd also love to hear your feedback on the design!
waqasniaz007

Activity: 406
Merit: 121

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 11:33:02 AM

Great growth in $ price but still pivx need to grow alot from here. Pivx should be top 10 on coinmarketcap.
Bachantalk

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 31, 2017, 03:49:24 PM

To me this coin is a bargain.........it reminds me of ripple xrp(in one way only) in that I was so sure of ripple and month after month after month not much happened,,,,xrp and pivx my two worst performers....then xrp finally took off. Sure xrp sat a couple years at 6/10 penny and PIVX has at least gone up...i missed the below a penny stage but have been in since 45 cents and bought more at 2.....but to me this is a $100 coin due to supply and speed..........had 10k and recently at 8 bought 5 more because it just seems so cheap......to me the dash versus pivx ratio is out of whack........this is the only coin i havent really kicked it on......but I think it is due....im thinking of adding more even at $10 bucks....I mean what is gonna outperform PIVX going forward.....i like decred but paid a buck now its 90....is decred going to 900 before pvx hits 100? probably not .  I love Neo and QTUM but are they going to 600+ before PIVX hits 100? i dont think so........can Walton beat pivx to $100? maybe.......deep brain to  a buck first...maybe......but PIVX seems to be the most established underpriced coin...do u agree? What do you think will outperform PIVX this year?
abeke

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:02:32 AM

Sorry for stupid question - should I leave PIVX desktop wallet active for staking PIVX? Or I just can close it without losing staking process.
Fuzzbawls

Activity: 750
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:27:11 AM

Sorry for stupid question - should I leave PIVX desktop wallet active for staking PIVX? Or I just can close it without losing staking process.

wallet must be running and online for staking.
wdelius

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:43:30 AM

So many less impressive anon coins have pumped lately. It feels like PIVX is close to following suit. I'm so impressed with this coin, its protocol and the community around it.

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:47:08 PM

https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003646731
I Think the exchange coordinator should apply again... i Think binance would be a perfect fit for pivx   

Why didn‘t anyone from our team apply? We are not even on the list?
https://www.binance.com/vote.html

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
Mythul

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 01:57:48 PM

PIVX serves the anonymous market
It turned out that he was in the right direction
The future is huge
SnappySnap

Activity: 83

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:42:58 PM

I Think the exchange coordinator should apply again... i Think binance would be a perfect fit for pivx   

There is a good reason we didn't apply. 

Wink
SnappySnap

Activity: 83

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

ALSO:  Tonight (Facebook Live), myself and Presstab (one of the core DEVS for PIVX) will be live with Todd Blackburn being interviewed. Todd is the co-founder of one of the largest crypto FB groups (about 70k members)

6pm EST
1/1/2018

https://www.facebook.com/groups/218612071968287
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

Many coins that didn't apply got listed anyway Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 [477] 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... 541 »
  Print  

Jump to: