Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 05:15:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum mining still profitable?  (Read 131193 times)
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 03:55:25 PM

In a few days the difficulty will get jacked up again, so possibility the profit will see a 20% cut.

How did u know about this difficulty jump? Where are infos about that stuff? I want to learn about it to predict things. Like this 0.5 eth per month loss, was 5.1 and now 4.6 in 1 day was a suprise for me. Cheers!

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Saphire

Activity: 602
Merit: 114

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 05:07:44 PM

In a few days the difficulty will get jacked up again, so possibility the profit will see a 20% cut.

How did u know about this difficulty jump? Where are infos about that stuff? I want to learn about it to predict things. Like this 0.5 eth per month loss, was 5.1 and now 4.6 in 1 day was a suprise for me. Cheers!

me too Smiley
SubZer0

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:11:23 PM

My profit also wen't down today, ETH and SIA.
Like down a lot even with the price of ETH went a little up.
You can always change to another ALGO, but don't know for sure now if i should buy more GPU.
Cereberus
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 06:14:32 PM

Personnaly i think it still profitable if you have always the gpu and you doesn't need to buy them, cause the difficulty will increase in somedays i think so let's mine now, it is maybe the end of mining profitable !

I think it is still very profitable now.
you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.

If you didn't buy gpus over priced then it is still a profitable decision, holding coins is always a good decision and with 31mhs on a gtx 1070 (presumably you can get more), you'll be netting 1.77-1.9$ per day as of current rates, even if you're left with 1.5$ as profit that's an ROI of 200-250 days depending on difficulty if it doesn't bomb as much more. That's a pretty good profit for a passive income business, if you hold coins and they go up, more profit.

The problem is that the difficulty will go up more and more with the passing of time (very nearby time). The problem is here in Italy I see people building 25.000-50.000 Euro worth of rigs with RX series(yes I have setup some for them as they have bought blindly) and they will surely increase difficulty.

One of my personal rigs which consists only of 3 Nvidia cards I have switched it to Zcash mining with EBWF Zcash miner. I was running them in Nicehash for Ethereum mining but I don't think it's worth anymore. Zcash mining gives me 7-10 USD more for a card if the coinwarz calculator is right.

██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
              ██    ██
            ██    ██
          ██    ██
        ██    ██
      ██    ██       
    ██    ██    ██    ██
  ██    ██    ██    ██
██    ██    ██    ██
TRADEPLAYZ
█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   
TOURNAMENT PVP SYSTEM
  FACEBOOK |  TWITTER  |  LINKEDIN  |  TELEGRAM  |  GITHUB  |  ANN  | INSTAGRAM 

█ 
█ 
█     
█  █
█  █ 
█  █ 
█  █
    █  █
  █  █
  █  █
        █
    █
      █   

█▄
                     ████▄
                     ██████▄
                     ████████▄
                     ██████████▄
                     ████████████▄
                     ██████████████▄
                     ███████████████
                     ██████████████▀
                     ████████████▀
                     ██████████▀
                     ████████▀
                     ██████▀
                     ████▀
                     █
█▀
GOOGLE PLAY

▄█████████████▄
                            ███████████████
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            █░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
                            ██████▀▀▀██████
                             ▀████▄▄▄▄████▀
  APPSTORE
cryptotore

Activity: 324

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:39:55 PM

Personnaly i think it still profitable if you have always the gpu and you doesn't need to buy them, cause the difficulty will increase in somedays i think so let's mine now, it is maybe the end of mining profitable !

you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.

If you didn't buy gpus over priced then it is still a profitable decision, holding coins is always a good decision and with 31mhs on a gtx 1070 (presumably you can get more), you'll be netting 1.77-1.9$ per day as of current rates, even if you're left with 1.5$ as profit that's an ROI of 200-250 days depending on difficulty if it doesn't bomb as much more. That's a pretty good profit for a passive income business, if you hold coins and they go up, more profit.

The problem is that the difficulty will go up more and more with the passing of time (very nearby time). The problem is here in Italy I see people building 25.000-50.000 Euro worth of rigs with RX series(yes I have setup some for them as they have bought blindly) and they will surely increase difficulty.

One of my personal rigs which consists only of 3 Nvidia cards I have switched it to Zcash mining with EBWF Zcash miner. I was running them in Nicehash for Ethereum mining but I don't think it's worth anymore. Zcash mining gives me 7-10 USD more for a card if the coinwarz calculator is right.

The increase in diff is mainly because of the ice age, not increased hashrate! Cheesy
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:03:42 PM

Ethereum just keeps getting nailed .. I'm down to 50% less effective today. Well that was a big hit. Probably have to make some changes to the rig this weekend and start mining a different coin.
swalayan

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 11:18:19 PM

People are stupid or want to be stupid, mining is not a simple thing, hardware breaks, warranty in most cases dont work, problems occurs like thunders, lightning strikes and you lose all the hardware, you need to replace and buy new ones, some of them will break within 2 months, some within 3 months and so on, so people should never calculate what estimates tell them too and if they do then they are stupid. A ROI of 12 months means 24 months ~ 48 months and in most cases they will not get their money back at all.

Soon the difficulty will increase drastically because of ice age.

wow, u make me paranoid  Lips sealed
descarte

Activity: 195

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:08:28 AM

the price of eth must go up, else casper must come asap.
ngerok

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:44:31 AM

Ethereum mine is very profitable, my friends are a lot of mine Ethereum. Thus Mine Ethereum can be said to be very profitable.
Xianantung

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:27:15 AM

Ethereum mine is very profitable, my friends are a lot of mine Ethereum. Thus Mine Ethereum can be said to be very profitable.

Your friend must have very cheap electricity and the efficient cards.
mr.relax

Activity: 1651
Merit: 863

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 07:59:49 AM

With the low eth rate at exchanges, the profitability is going down badly.
I cancelled my orders for more rigs...

Trade across blockchains DECENTRAL : https://cutt.ly/rOSoDl
Michael20

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 12:53:03 PM

[/quote]

[/quote] you do not think correctly. Chech ethereum profit calculators. With the increase in network hashrate,increase in difficulty due to the dirty bomb and the value which is half what it was 2 months ago, you are wrong. Even a 1070 will net less than a dollar a day after electric cost.
[/quote]

[/quote]

How you come on 7-10USD? Think you have a wrong hashraste inserted Wink
Kwiksave

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:32:04 PM

With the low eth rate at exchanges, the profitability is going down badly.
I cancelled my orders for more rigs...

I did the same. If the price do not recover, I will sell my rigs.
Kanine Awe

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:45:11 PM

It's still profitable ETH is at a decent price.  Hopefully it remains stable and doesn't do anymore huge swings, because thats just a pain when mining.
lentyna

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 08:25:18 PM

I've been mining SIGT for the last week, profitability better than ETH and takes less power too.

Rastadon

Activity: 175

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:22:47 PM

He must have very cheap electricity.

kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:46:46 PM

how many rigs do you need to make it profitable?? and its also hard to find 470's

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
Hamphser

Activity: 2478
Merit: 325

View Profile
August 03, 2017, 12:49:18 PM

how many rigs do you need to make it profitable?? and its also hard to find 470's
Its really hard to find 470's as of now since its been almost sold out in most places on any country.Just like on my place theres really a scarcity of GPU on which most people here are already engaged on mining etherium mostly and other altcoins in the market suppose it can be mined by using GPU. Mining would be profitable though in my place on just having 470.. For about 7pcs of it would be sufficient enough to have a profit on monthly basis.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 03:06:37 AM

I've been mining SIGT for the last week, profitability better than ETH and takes less power too.

Which wallet / miner are you using?
oup59

Activity: 382
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:26:54 AM

What is your rig? AMD or Nvidia cards?
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: