Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:49:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
aerobatic (OP)

Activity: 702
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:41:51 PM

http://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 10:56:52 PM

Just more mindless speculation. I can't believe that after the big, BIG fail these guys made last time with the poor old japanese man, they are still trying to play inspector gadget.
Cs87kxy

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

https://BoostCrypto.com - Earn 250% in 200 Hours

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:04:01 PM

I think it's impossible that only one person can develop and thinking "all aspects" of this software/protocol.
by the way a genius with 4 hands at least!
RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:06:07 PM

This story makes sense.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:09:12 PM

Up until now, I've accepted an assumption that Satoshi Nakamoto, whomever he was, is probably dead.

However, after reading that article from Wired, I'm certainly willing to consider the possibility that Mr. Craig Steven Wright could either be Satoshi or could have been part of a small team of people that worked together in the creation of Bitcoin.

I'm not 100% convinced yet, but there is enough circumstantial evidence to consider the possibility.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:15:26 PM

Just more mindless speculation. I can't believe that after the big, BIG fail these guys made last time with the poor old japanese man, they are still trying to play inspector gadget.

That was Newsweek, but Wired did have a massive Bitcoin-based fail in, I believe, late 2012; they branded Bitcoin "expired". The rest, as they say...

Vires in numeris
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:16:27 PM

I'm not 100% convinced yet, but there is enough circumstantial evidence to consider the possibility.

I think even if he would step up and say "I'm Satoshi Nakamoto", a lot of Bitcoiners wouldn't believe it.

Furthermore, some may see him as a threat. In the few years Bitcoin exists, some Bitcoiners took Satoshi's paper as some kind of techno-bible: "But Satoshi wrote..." Just imagine how their world may shake if Craig Steven Wright could say something differing from what's in the paper...

But most of all: Funny how Michele Seven would have made a fool out of herself...
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:28:58 PM

My initial reaction to the evidence that Wired presented is that Wright is trying to make it appear as if he is Satoshi. Wired even mentioned that some of the blog posts were apparently edited as recently as 2013/2014 which makes me skeptical that they were actually written/posted when they claim to be posted.

This could mean that he is trying to slowly reveal that he is satoshi in a way that will result in him not being thought of a god, or have significant influence in Bitcoin and it's further development. It could also mean that he is attempting to impersonate satoshi.

Interestingly enough, it seems that the price of bitcoin is increasing by several percentage points in recent minutes, although I cannot say for sure if this is related to this story or not.
mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:31:06 PM

Wait, I thought it was just another bitcoin CEO Sad
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:32:59 PM

Well as the title implied there's no clear answer but it's an interesting read for sure. Banksy's identity is the only similar case that comes to mind, although that one I think was more or less confirmed.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:33:24 PM

Very interesting read, I will keep a close eye on this and do some research of my own..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:39:40 PM

Now we have to wait and see if this will be another story of Dorian Nakomoto. We still have not enough hard evidence pointing towards Wright.
His background is one thing but so they said about Dorian. But I gotta say that all facts presented by Wired seems pretty convincing so far.
RealMalatesta
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:43:39 PM

Now we have to wait and see if this will be another story of Dorian Nakomoto. We still have not enough hard evidence pointing towards Wright.
His background is one thing but so they said about Dorian. But I gotta say that all facts presented by Wired seems pretty convincing so far.

One question which is yet unanswered: Nobody seems to have known him, but nevertheless, he was invited to the Vegas-conference. Why? Why was he invited, when the other participant's socks were of more interest to Michele?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4461

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:46:15 PM

Up until now, I've accepted an assumption that Satoshi Nakamoto, whomever he was, is probably dead.

However, after reading that article from Wired, I'm certainly willing to consider the possibility that Mr. Craig Steven Wright could either be Satoshi or could have been part of a small team of people that worked together in the creation of Bitcoin.

the real killer that made the story not plausible is that the real satoshi didnt have 1.1million bitcoins.
wired didnt realise that not only satoshi, but hal finney and a few others were actually mining and debugging it right from the start.. meaning there is far less than 1.1mill bitcoin associated just with satoshi.. plus satoshi lost quite a few privleys when changing the wallet/privkey storage mechanism.. thus the real satoshi definitely wont hold 1.1mill coins

and so a PDF saying that wright had 1.1mill bitcoins are stored in a legal 'tulip trust'.. is just wrong, and thus bursts the speculation bubble and makes me think that Wright is just trying to pretend he is satoshi for some 'five minute fame'

so im not convinced.. the story kinda fell apart when magically all this info was 'leaked'.. yea i think wright released fake emails to start speculation.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:47:36 PM

That was Newsweek, but Wired did have a massive Bitcoin-based fail in, I believe, late 2012; they branded Bitcoin "expired". The rest, as they say...
Ah true, that was newseek, but anyway, almost all mainstraem media has pulled up wrong information, if it's not the "let's guess who satoshi is", then it's "CEO of Bitcoin suicided" or "CEO of Bitcoin in jail" or whatever. These guys are a joke.
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:48:43 PM

Tottally agree. Very accurate arguments are presented in the article!
theymos_away

Activity: 82
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:49:16 PM

No. Wright is impersonating Satoshi in order to get attention (very dangerous, BTW). All of the "evidence" makes far more sense in that light.
vilain

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:54:04 PM

No. Wright is impersonating Satoshi in order to get attention (very dangerous, BTW). All of the "evidence" makes far more sense in that light.

Didn't understand what you meant.

BTW, do you guys think this "revelation", false or true, helps to explain the recent rise in bitcoin price??
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:55:26 PM

Are you stating this as fact or opinion?

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 11:57:46 PM

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:-80Thi-ZNtwJ:gse-compliance.blogspot.com/2007/01/images.html+&cd=4&hl=tr&ct=clnk&gl=tr

This can't be faked easily. Wright has something with the creation of Bitcoin.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#