Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:30:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:04:20 AM

My reaction every time I read a post in this thread that says:
"Yes, the evidence clearly shows we have found Satoshi.".

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:09:03 AM

I just finished reading the news and watching the seminar. Having a pretty unknown face in a all star panel is a bit suspicious. He even pretty much gave it away with the smirk on his face when he explained who he was. Wired has done some pretty heavy research about this. However a signed message is all I need to be 100% sure. I know he's the one but if he chooses to stay private, we should respect his privacy. He is a god after all.

In the Tax Collectors transcript they are having trouble figuring out if a large send from one wallet to another, as proof that he controlled a certain amount of coins is a taxable event or not.

I actually like Satoshi more now that I know who he is. He's been upfront from the beginning. With us, with the tax collectors, with everyone. He left because he didn't want to become too influential. When he left his 'other interests' were bitcoin related (mostly).

HODL to the Moon baby!!!

He's going to have a lot of attention flooding towards him in the coming months. All of which he wanted to avoid all this time. Bitcoin is like a child to him, so he basically couldn't leave it out of his sight. He even went as far to say that etherium has too many bells and whistles and bitcoin could achieve that as well with a much simpler core. Would love to see  him and Vitalik debate together. We know that our god would win.

However on another note. Bitcoin bank? What the actual fuck. He promotes the idea of privately held assets and then creates a fucking bank. On the flip side if you're an entrepreneur and you have been creating businesses your whole life and you're out of ideas, then you realize that banking has been the most profitable business so far in human history. He created bitcoin for gods sake, you can't really top that. I wonder what it's like to be a god.

https://www.getbitcoin.com.au/bitcoin-news/worlds-first-bitcoin-bank-opening

The new bank, Denariuz, is set to launch in the second half of 2014, and will not only provide bitcoin-based transactions, but equivalents to traditional savings accounts, term deposits, credit and debit cards, and loans.

Wright has indicated they will purchase over 100,000 bitcoins (worth $A73.6 million) with its investors’ money, and is aiming on amassing more than one million customers internationally.

Who is Hotwire PE?

Hotwire PE is a web technology company with about 50 staff across Australia and the US. Wright is a lecturer at Charles Sturt University in New South Wales, Australia, and has worked in information security for 15 years.

Dr. Craig Steven Wright: The only person in the world capable of purchasing bitcoins using 1.1M BTC as collateral via his Tulip Trust created after his partner was found dead with maggots eating away at his body next to bloody feces trails on the floor.

I love this thread!  Kiss Kiss Kiss
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:09:37 AM

The Satoshi millions in the trust also explains why it has not moved.

It makes no sense for a trust to hold unmoved coins. There would be no way to guarantee that the trust is the only one with the private keys, and thus they would not be safely locked away in the trust.

Buy & Hold
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:17:32 AM

Dave Kleiman's Wiki page already has a Bitcoin reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Kleiman

Also, Dave's former office is only a stone's through away from Cryptsy's office in Florida.
USB-S

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:19:23 AM

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/09/bitcoin-founder-craig-wrights-home-raided-by-australian-police?CMP=twt_gu

THE SWATS'RE HERE YO Grin

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
CoinCube
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:21:24 AM

My reaction every time I read a post in this thread that says:
"Yes, the evidence clearly shows we have found Satoshi.".

Never said the evidence clearly shows Craig Wright is Satoshi. However, the preponderance of evidence presented so far does point to that.

If Craig Wright is not Satoshi it means one of the following is true.

1) This is a conspiracy involving multiple individuals in different countries trying to convince us that he is.

or

2) This is one of the longest cons ever and Craig Wright started laying the groundwork to convince people he was Satoshi back in 2013.

Alternatively if Craig Wright is Satoshi would he have have an incentive to out himself? In fact he might because it is clear that the Australian tax authorities are going after him.

http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/dec/09/bitcoin-founder-craig-wrights-home-raided-by-australian-police
Police search home belonging to Australian entrepreneur and academic, who tech publications claim was key to creation of cryptocurrency and could be figure known as Satoshi Nakamoto

Far easier to keep yourself out of jail on tax evasion charges if you are the legendary and popular Satoshi Nakamoto then if you are some white dude no one has ever heard of.

Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:24:54 AM

The Satoshi millions in the trust also explains why it has not moved.

It makes no sense for a trust to hold unmoved coins. There would be no way to guarantee that the trust is the only one with the private keys, and thus they would not be safely locked away in the trust.

So if a Trustee wanted those coins secure he would move them once ?
Then the new wallet with new private key would be in your possession with no chance of copies floating around the world.

I'd say you pointed out a serious flaw in the trustee part of this.
A trustee handling such a vast amount of BTC would have of course got some basic advice on Bitcoin i think too.

This perspective i think makes it less likely the guy is telling the truth.

@Gleb Gamow
Another good point indeed ..and funny too hahahhaha

EDIT:
Let's not forget the Trustee's job would be to have those holdings secure !
Those coins would have been moved !

EDIT2:
Maybe the trustee was given the private keys and the guy kept a copy of them too ?
Since the Trustee would not be spending the coins you could..
THEN you could borrow off of them all in the Tulip thing too .. double profits lambo's for all Smiley

FUD first & ask questions later™
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:25:02 AM

Please, explain that to us mortals. What is that red descending line?

It indicates the depth of the buy orders in the market, but rotated 90 degrees from the view you see on the exchanges. The x axis is depth, and the y axis is price. The green line above it indicates the sell orders.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:26:40 AM

Dave Kleiman's Wiki page already has a Bitcoin reference: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Kleiman

Also, Dave's former office is only a stone's through away from Cryptsy's office in Florida.

Ohhh jeez that figures.. just when you try and get out ..they pull you back in ROFL  Grin

@yyyiem = Google Translate for us please

FUD first & ask questions later™
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:33:59 AM

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/2644014/Tulip-Trust-Redacted.txt

To whom it may concern,
CC: Dr Craig Wright

I acknowledge the trust and the transfer of Bitcoins to this trust. I have full control of all software
and the keys used to manage bitcoin as of this date, Thu 06/09/2011.

It is agreed that:

David Kleiman, shall become the trustee for the transfer of the satoshi I have received from Craig
Wright.

No record of this transaction will be filed in the US or Australia.

The transfer is valued at USD 100,000 for Australian Tax purposes.

I acknowledge:

Dave Kleiman have received 1,100,111 Bitcoin from Craig Wright (of?Bagnoo,
NSW Australia). At the time of transfer this is valued at around $100,000 USD.

I will form a trust to be managed by at least three people but not more than seven at any time.
All Bitcoin will be returned to Dr Wright on Jan 01St 2020.

The return will be in the form of a return of control of a company to Dr Wright. The company and
trust will be managed and held in the Seychelles. This will be designated by ?Tulips? and the trading
that was noted to have not been a bubble but

No record of this arrangement will be made public at any time.

Dr Wright has noted that he is facing bankruptcy due to the following and that he understands
moving assets (at value) in a manner that he cannot access may be a breach of Australian law if he
fails to provide information on these assets. This would be in the event of an insolvency.

Dr Wright has noted that he has agreed to forgo other assets to maintain these assets and has
agreed with his wife, Ms Wright that they he will maintain the Bitcoin at the expense of all
other assets he may have a right to.

The trust MUST hold a balance of at least 100,000 Bitcoin at transfer to Dr Wright in 2020 and all
means to ensure this will be followed.

Dr Wright MAY request a loan of Bitcoin for the following reasons (and no others):

0 Furthering research into peer to peer systems, and Bitcoin
0 Commercial activities that enhance the value and position of Bitcoin.

In all events, all transactions in loaned funds will be concluded outside of Australia and the USA until
and unless a clear and acceptable path to the recognition of Bitcoin as currency has occurred.

The trust will be accessible by two (2) of five keys of which the following are to always be
incorporated into this (by PGP fingerprint):

56EC 672A 6867 266A 5E21 1514 AODA OEBZ E545 E878
DBB7 E697 59EF D7FE EB4C F518 4FF1 CFEB C941 FE6D

0AC1 8AFE 1F8D 3512 BE15 6909 8188 BF41 1F55 6274
DE4E FCA3 9E41 CE96 CECB 18C0 9E86 5EC9 48A1

Another party will be selected without Dr Wright?s knowledge.
The following conditions are applicable at all times:

If Dr Wright should die before 2020, the entire minus an amount noted below value and
trust holdings are to be transferred to Ramona Watts (Sydney Australia, born -1970).

should die, Dr Wright will be retuned shares in the Tulip trust and company 15 months
after my death at his discretion.

0 The amount not included to be sent to Ramona Watts will be used to show the ?lies and
fraud perpetrated by Adam Westwood of the Australian Tax Office against Dr Wright?

0 The last condition is listed as a direct quote of Dr Wright who has specified against my advice
that he requires this line to be included.

I lastly acknowledge that I will not divulge the identity of the Key with ID C941FE6D nor of the origins

of the satoshin@gmx.com email.
Respectfully,

Dave Kleiman - -

Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:44:08 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2015, 02:02:18 PM by Preclus

Look in Usenet. You can't modify dates in it or change posts retroactively after they are archived by things like Google Groups.
TeamButtcoin

Activity: 466
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 06:46:42 AM

I read the article and I`m quite surprized. I think we got satoshi nakamoto.

Profile:
-Scientist
-IT & crypto background
-Libertarian principles
-Introverted personality
-In bitcoin for a long time
-Is trying to cover up the fact that he is long in bitcoin and doesnt talk much about that
-He is smiling always and is looking pressured in the interview + body language
-Has lots of coins
-Was in e-mail contact with satoshi and the other crew
-Too many secrets that he cant explain
-Tries to keep low profile
-Very experiences in cryptocoins

Yes i must say the evidence points that he is satoshi or part of satoshi, if a group.

-Being investigated for tax fraud (very Bitcoin-thing to do)

███▄▄  ▄▄███
██▄▄   ▀▀████▀▀   ▄▄██
 ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀
█▄▄  ▀▀███▄▄███▀▀
█████▄▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄▄
██  ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀
██      ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
██   ▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
██   ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
██▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄▄▄
▀▀███▄▄        ▄▄███▀▀
    ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
        ▀▀██▀▀
graIn..
The Backbone of
Modern Work Agreements.
███████████████
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████ ██████████████████
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████ ██
████
████
████
████

█████████████   █████

.Whitepaper.
█████   █████████████

████
████
████
████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██████████████████ ████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:11:46 AM

http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-reviews/A398JFI8D29LXD/ref=pdp_new_read_full_review_link?ie=UTF8&page=1&sort_by=MostRecentReview#RPX4GEQ5PSERC

19 of 22 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars Like the US is the only country to produce tech, September 25, 2015
Verified Purchase(What's this?)

This review is from: Digital Gold: The Untold Story of Bitcoin (Kindle Edition)

Always Nick and others at the end. Always the assumption that SN must be a bloody yank. The analysis of who Satoshi is is always so limited. I enjoyed the parts from 2012 most. I did not know most of this as I was too focused on my own work and missed the outside growth.

What really gets me is that so much occurs away from silicone valley and yet this is assumed to the centre of everything.

This doesn't sound like Satoshi to me. Also, this review was penned approximately one month prior to the now infamous panel discussion moderated by Michelle Seven-cum-Darla of Our Gang.

Again, in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdvQTwjVmrE - Ms Seven at the onset states that those consisting of the panel discussion are her favorite men in Bitcoin. Just a tad over a minute later she's questioning Craig Steven Wright as to who the hell is he while Nick Szabo does a facepalm.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:13:34 AM

I read the article and I`m quite surprized. I think we got satoshi nakamoto.

Profile:
-Scientist
-IT & crypto background
-Libertarian principles
-Introverted personality
-In bitcoin for a long time
-Is trying to cover up the fact that he is long in bitcoin and doesnt talk much about that
-He is smiling always and is looking pressured in the interview + body language
-Has lots of coins
-Was in e-mail contact with satoshi and the other crew
-Too many secrets that he cant explain
-Tries to keep low profile
-Very experiences in cryptocoins

Yes i must say the evidence points that he is satoshi or part of satoshi, if a group.

-Being investigated for tax fraud (very Bitcoin-thing to do)

problem is  if he used other early adopter coins (i mean is satoshi but did not use statoshi coins per say) and gets pinched for such on tax fraud.....the penalties and such are always more *usually* then the fraud all said and done..thus they tax man will go for ALL assets ..and if they do have him dead to rights on btc as the creator..then a deal will be struck and the tax folks in australia will have 1 million btc to auction...that would suck

my real fear (besides the $$$ loss) is the whole open source crypto will go belly up and then the banks will move in with closed crypto and use blockchain to move finance in the world for practically free and keep the RATES NOW THE SAME ..the billionaire bankers of today would be the trillionaire bankers of tommarow (think bladerunner the movie) we would be so frigging screwed...

again there is only 2 things wrong with btc according to the powers that be/banks etc

1) they did not invent it

2) they did not patent it

so yeah ..even if he is NOT satoshi this is gonna drag out as press FUD for months and months....but hell if he is satoshi and played tax dodges and it is proved they will TAKE IT ALL
on a deal .....1 million btc on an auction would be the death of btc and probably all open source crypto imho...they win ...we the masses lose

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:17:48 AM

Interesting old mailing list conversation:

http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2010/Feb/144

and http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/2011/Jan/567  (should cross-check date w/ satoshi disappearance and recipients of those emails).
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:26:39 AM

Was about time for a good conspiracy theory about satoshi again! This one makes quite a bit of sense actually, but as always, there are also enough reasons to doubt the fact.
Definately keeping an eye on this thread, its really fun to read.
aerobatic (OP)

Activity: 702

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:27:45 AM

It seems Craig Wright has a youtube channel.  most of the videos are family ones, but there's a couple of recent ones that talk about super computing and bitcoin mining

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC61KC8uew8xuNAs42A-yI7w

aerobatic (OP)

Activity: 702

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 07:29:23 AM

And some slides

http://www.slideshare.net/informaoz/dr-craig-wright-49437540
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:09:09 AM

So now that SR is done, mtgox is done, asic pre-orders are done, media FUD is no longer effective and XT is done this is the new angle "they" are using to pork BTC? Get SN and dump his coins.

Any ideas on their plans after the market crashes for a bit if they get SN's coins?

I think they're chasing a ghost, Hal took the keys with him IMO.
Mr Felt

Activity: 493
Merit: 518

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:22:27 AM

mmmm......

https://twitter.com/tankjnr (screenshot below)

Would explain cops, cryptsy, gaw, gox

http://imgur.com/TQiGy44

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: