Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 12:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24222 times)
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:49:35 PM

Christmas is too early - his Bitcoin-core is still downloading... and downloading...and downloading... make it Easter 2016.

Dr wright has a miner in iceland.. so having the blockchain synced would not be an issue
which also raises another point to debunk Wright being satoshi.. because wright supposedly has 1 million coins.. but if you own over 6% of circulation and (satoshi) wanted a fair distributed money system.. why keep mining and hoarding for 6 years. instead of letting the world have a share..

wright seems to be a money grabbing egotist
satoshi seemed a open minded entity that wanted a fairer money system

their personalities dont match

hmm Iceland eh ?
I heard of that mining operation.. There is one big one owned by one guy who started in the UK with a GPU in his house.
Not long ago he told the story of how the Iceland mining farm worked and that also mentioned
that he rents out some of the miners to people..
So to make sure it's clear he *could be renting 1 asic LOL
Not running the huge massive farm.

I also think it's funny he has such grand plans for Bitcoin he mentioned.
Seems like it's all engineered to pump up Bitcoin.

News Flash Satoshi is found and wants to add turing complete etc ROFL
so.. BUY BITCOIN NOW !!11ONE  Roll Eyes

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:55:46 PM

Waiting for 'I am not Craig.  He's a douchebag.' post from satoshi's BCT account.

If this was my forum i would write the message for fun then jump in the SQL DB and edit the name..
I could have it done in a couple minutes no problem.
I hope you all know how forums works LOL

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:01:08 PM

Don't you guys see it? Satoshi aka Craig Wright intended to create the bitcoin bank as a temporary measure to be able to on ramp and familiarize the masses into the use of bitcoin.

Ya i think he would start a bank and issue Bank Cards etc and loans then shut it all down once the public was familiar with Bitcoin  Roll Eyes
The guys plan was to -BUY- Bitcoin with investors money (even though he already holds more than anyone on earth)
THEN ..he planned on making a banking system with full ties and features to Fiat.
All for the sole purpose of getting people use to Bitcoin ?

I know one thing for sure.. when guys go for a power grab they don't let go later LOL

pbleak
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:02:37 PM

So these were leaked to Gwern as either a leak or a hack. Gwern is famously anonymous himself. It's murky stuff. Wright is an interesting man either way.
Cassius
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 04:03:52 PM

The Craig Wright thing doesn't add up. There's supposed to be a tx of 1.1m BTC. Where is it on the blockchain and why are Satoshi's coins still where they always were?

https://bitscan.com/articles/something-about-the-new-satoshi-isnt-wright

I'm trying to find another explanation and the only ones I can come up with are
1) Someone else has 1m BTC
2) That doc, at least, is fake
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:04:31 PM

Come on guys don't fall for this crap your better then this.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:07:43 PM

Theres no way its him, probably just a pull for media attention.

What good would media attention do ?

I don't suppose it's a coincidence we see a ramp up of buying BTC
leading up to a giant spike of 2,000 BTC (BTC-e Exchange) <-- anon exchange ?
Someone was buying BTC before this story broke.. then when it did they pushed a huge order through
to trigger a reaction from the BTC world.

This has all been carefully crafted to Pump & Dump Bitcoin.
If the BTC buyer at BTC-e alone dumps at $450 he would pull in about $100,000.00 usd Profit.
That is if i assume one group holds the BTC-e coin order of around 2,000 coins.
But if this was a coordinated effort it's likely they have coins spread around on various exchanges..
Just not on Cryptsy of course ROFL

pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:08:02 PM

Come on guys don't fall for this crap your better then this.

It's fun. I seriously doubt it's him, but there is no way to not want to find out more.
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:09:23 PM

Theres no way its him, probably just a pull for media attention.

What good would media attention do ?

I don't suppose it's a coincidence we see a ramp up of buying BTC
leading up to a giant spike of 2,000 BTC (BTC-e Exchange) <-- anon exchange ?
Someone was buying BTC before this story broke.. then when it did they pushed a huge order through
to trigger a reaction from the BTC world.

This has all been carefully crafted to Pump & Dump Bitcoin.
If the BTC buyer at BTC-e alone dumps at $450 he would pull in about $100,000.00 usd Profit.
That is if i assume one group holds the BTC-e coin order of around 2,000 coins.
But if this was a coordinated effort it's likely they have coins spread around on various exchanges..
Just not on Cryptsy of course ROFL

Heh, poor BTC-e are always assumed to be up to something  Grin
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:14:17 PM

Well, the price is now falling. Maybe the pump & dump theory was accurate...

Luckily I've sold my stash Cheesy
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:15:05 PM

You know how it is with the price. As mentioned earlier if a hacker/leaker got info to Gwern just to do this then maybe it worked.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:28:26 PM

Waiting for 'I am not Craig.  He's a douchebag.' post from satoshi's BCT account.

If this was my forum i would write the message for fun then jump in the SQL DB and edit the name..
Pretty sure people would want a signed message with this one, they even did with dorian and he obviously wasn't Satoshi.

Yep at this point it would require the message to be signed since we already saw the gmx email of satoshi being hacked, so we can't be sure that just because someone had access to bitcointalk's satoshi account means it's the real one.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:30:00 PM

First i was really convinced that Dr. Wright was Satoshi Nakamoto but now i am sure that he is not. Satoshi Nakamoto must be Batman and not James Bond Tongue

nah
Wright wants to be bruce wayne. billionaire egotistical business man with a secret 'symbol' for people to look upto called batman(satoshi)
even james bond is suave and egotistic

the issue is that satoshi never seemed like a egotistic brucewayne/batman persona.
if anything he was clark kent/superman, (low key average geek in real life)

How 'bout a spit off in Blockchain Dome: Wright vs The Real Satoshi à la Ver vs Okay Coin Dude.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:33:05 PM

Pretty sure people would want a signed message with this one, they even did with dorian and he obviously wasn't Satoshi.

Yep at this point it would require the message to be signed since we already saw the gmx email of satoshi being hacked, so we can't be sure that just because someone had access to bitcointalk's satoshi account means it's the real one.

In other words you have no idea how forums work.
If theymos wanted to or who ever runs this place wanted they could easily forge a Satoshi post.

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:33:32 PM

Seems one of the most stories of unknowns who want to attract attention for himself and to be in this way at the center of the attention for as much as it can be possible. This kind of people are known as lovers of themselves or otherwise and with more fully meaning as narcissist. Everyone can tell that he is Satoshi. It was enough to have deep knowledge of bitcoin. This is not to much difficult in our days with all that sea of free sources which exist about this invention. Then if you have the qualifications of the person in question it is way more easy to be such pretended. Add to this the thirst of media to find scoops and all the fiction is done. Is missing only to be a movie and to be show at the cinema.
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 04:33:37 PM

This morning I was of the opinion "if he is, he is, good on him, carry on".   After reading a couple more articles and things about this guy I sincerely hope he isn't!

I always perceived Satoshi to be of a humble personality, Dr. Wright strikes me as anything but....just your typical academic with an ego too big for his shoes.

I find the thought of Satoshi crying and complaining that everyone loves his alternative persona more than the real him both laughable and ridiculous.  Just being Satoshi should be enough self-satisfaction even if no one ever knows it, otherwise all it serves is to feed ego and self-confidence issues.

Then there is the fact of potentially 1M BTC stashed away until 2020, which just convinces me more of that which I've said all along....that one day Satoshi could, and might, pull the rug from under us all.

If this guy really is Satoshi, he is not worthy of God status IMO, and someone needs to save our souls.

Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:37:58 PM

I want to remind you all that the News reports by Rueters, Wired etc
HAD to have been fed to them by a tipster.. so put that into context !
The person who tipped them off had all that collected up ?
The raid coincidence ?
And leaving that tidbit off info on the raid story about how the mail had piled up
and the garbage cans were still on the street for that address even though the neighbors had taken theirs in..
The person who tipped off the tech news web site TOLD them that.
The web site guys did not drive to the address and check the mail box + garbage cans LOL

Guys don't be low hanging fruit and be careful trading BTC right now please.

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:39:34 PM

What I've learned from all this is that MRSA is a real bitch. Rest in peace, Dave.

That was my take-home from the article, too. Sounds like a miserable existence for the poor guy.

If it turns out that Craig Wright did create the pseudonym, 'Satoshi Nakamoto' as part of an original plan to intentionally paint an air of mysterious benevolence over the project's origins, its more likely that Dave is the genius behind the tech itself.

If the article is correct in its findings, Craig is more like the egotistical PR genius for the origins of the project.

I didn't think of it before, but somehow upon reading your post I thought of another take as to what has recently transpired.

The original articles by the mainstream media depicting the possibility that Wright is Satoshi was seeded by three-letter agencies so to nab Wright in his alleged wrongdoings and put Bitcoin et al. in a bad light so to keep it in check so to speak.

The events that unfolded via, again, the mainstream media moved way too fast for this to not be some sort of orchestrated event not under Wright's control, albeit he may have inevitably played a role up to the revealing.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:40:42 PM

problem:...
problem: ...
problem:...

I agree that there is much to look at before jumping to a conclusion.

But I want to ask you again about your claim upthread that it is impossible that Satoshi accumulated anywhere near a million BTC. Unless I missed it, you've skipped over the request to explain why you believe this to be so.
sorry didnt have time spending hours redoing old research i just used my memory of the highlights i picked up. im sure google has the answers
but from what i remember, (forgive my memory for lack of detail)
logically for satoshi to accumilate 1mill in 2 years. there would have to be only 5 people mining right up to january 2011 because only 5mill were mined by then
(simple division)
but even before winter 2009 there were about 10 people.. i can only recall hal, satoshi, sirius, theymos and some libertyexchange thing. cant remember the other names.
by january 2010 there were way more people, thanks to theymos many dozons of people were mining. so just logically the numbers dont add up to allow satoshi to have 1mill coins.

then the next point. satoshi was playing with new wallet.dat implementations. along with the fact that if you copied a wallet.dat and then later received 100 tx's... the active wallet.dat would have different addresses added to it thanks to the address pool and copying the backup back would lose addresses.
i remember he updated 0.3 to fix some wallet issues because addresses/coins were being lost. so the only way to have not lost any would have been to manually write down all the privkeys since day one prior to some of the bug fixes, to ensure he never lost a single coin..

i remember you saying you can tell alot from the nonce. if you mean lack of difficulty to imply that there was only 1 miner for the majority of 2009. well that wont work because "difficulty" was only implemented in version 0.2 on december 16th and the first jump happened december 30th 2009. so before december 16th many people could mine at the same rate without any speedbumps ...which many did.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
pbleak
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:41:13 PM

I want to remind you all that the News reports by Rueters, Wired etc
HAD to have been fed to them by a tipster.. so put that into context !
The person who tipped them off had all that collected up ?
The raid coincidence ?
And leaving that tidbit off info on the raid story about how the mail had piled up
and the garbage cans were still on the street for that address even though the neighbors had taken theirs in..
The person who tipped off the tech news web site TOLD them that.
The web site guys did not drive to the address and check the mail box + garbage cans LOL

Guys don't be low hanging fruit and be careful trading BTC right now please.

They explicitly name Gwern as their source (who says he was given them).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: