Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)  (Read 24218 times)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 01:28:09 AM

I wonder if while in the UK Craig Wright is trying to hook with Amir and DarkCoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:47:42 AM

That's quite an interesting read, more detailed than Wired

So apparently Craig sold 1.1 million BTCs back in Sept 2011 for $100,000 and was trying to form a secret Bitcoin trust in the Seychelles
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2644014-Tulip-Trust-Redacted.html

Curious how any human beeing could survive that. The craving to kill oneselves must be overwhelming.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:22:25 AM

So apparently Craig sold 1.1 million BTCs back in Sept 2011 for $100,000 and was trying to form a secret Bitcoin trust in the Seychelles

It seems the numbers and values of bitcoin at that time did not match: In september 2011, 1 million BTC worth more than 5 million dollar. And you really can not do a lot with 100K dollar in a trust

And by looking at such a contract you will feel sad that no matter how secure bitcoin is, you still can not trust another person without a contract and the protection of law enforcement. Maybe that's why he want to write all these into blockchain, but then the problem is who is going to enforce it without law enforcement?

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:30:58 AM

It seems the numbers and values of bitcoin at that time did not match: In september 2011, 1 million BTC worth more than 5 million dollar. And you really can not do a lot with 100K dollar in a trust

And by looking at such a contract you will feel sad that no matter how secure bitcoin is, you still can not trust another person without a contract and the protection of law enforcement. Maybe that's why he want to write all these in to blockchain, but then the problem is who is going to enforce it without law enforcement?

Recall, it's a Tulip Trust with $100K in bulbs, so it's when they bloom where the big bucks are made.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:37:05 AM

Curious how any human beeing could survive that. The craving to kill oneselves must be overwhelming.

Ya no doubt that would eat me alive until death ROFL
And i read that stuff and it seems that 100k figure was far too high too (read that part of it at Gismodo)

I don't know what to think of this mess of drama..

I think Wright is an idiot and a blow hard who is in serious trouble with the tax man in AUS.

Also seems like he is indirectly making it look like Kleinman was Satoshi sort of..
Yet in that Tulip Trust doc we see Wright claiming he will send 1.1 million BTC to Kleinman.
So wright is making it look like he originally owned the alleged Satoshi fortune.

Also it worth pointing out the Tulip Doc was an unfinished Draft email leaked with strange inconsistencies etc.
I have seen no proof that it was SENT to anyone official etc. ..and acted on !

EDIT
Where is Nick Z. ?
If he was in the video with this guy saying that stuff before.. has anyone asked what he thinks of this recent news ?

Gavin ? theymos ?
What do all the older guys think ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:09:21 AM

No. Wright is impersonating Satoshi in order to get attention (very dangerous, BTW). All of the "evidence" makes far more sense in that light.

Theymos seems to think NO...

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
MelMan2002

Activity: 461
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:24:24 AM

No. Wright is impersonating Satoshi in order to get attention (very dangerous, BTW). All of the "evidence" makes far more sense in that light.

I would very much agree with that assessment - the question is why?  I mean, I guess some people just crave attention but he seems to want more than that?  Maybe he wants to claim Satoshi's Nobel prize money?

19F6veduCZcudwXuWoVosjmzziQz4EhBPS
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:31:28 AM

Yeah i seen that comment but was not sure it was him etc.
I did not look at that users account history just noticed it was a noob account.

Also i see a HUGE amount of topics about this here and by the titles
none of them seem to have any other info that has not been posted here already.

I want to hear from some super old Bitcoin guys who were around when this stuff launched.
G. Maxwell i guess said something.. i can't remember who that guy is though LOL

mrdavis

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 04:40:24 AM

And by looking at such a contract you will feel sad that no matter how secure bitcoin is, you still can not trust another person without a contract and the protection of law enforcement. Maybe that's why he want to write all these in to blockchain, but then the problem is who is going to enforce it without law enforcement?

Recall, it's a Tulip Trust with $100K in bulbs, so it's when they bloom where the big bucks are made.

I hope there is a liquidation sale. I could use a good deal to fill in some plots around my castle.
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:44:08 AM

Ya no doubt that would eat me alive until death ROFL
And i read that stuff and it seems that 100k figure was far too high too (read that part of it at Gismodo)

I don't know what to think of this mess of drama..

I think Wright is an idiot and a blow hard who is in serious trouble with the tax man in AUS.

Also seems like he is indirectly making it look like Kleinman was Satoshi sort of..
Yet in that Tulip Trust doc we see Wright claiming he will send 1.1 million BTC to Kleinman.
So wright is making it look like he originally owned the alleged Satoshi fortune.

Also it worth pointing out the Tulip Doc was an unfinished Draft email leaked with strange inconsistencies etc.
I have seen no proof that it was SENT to anyone official etc. ..and acted on !

EDIT
Where is Nick Z. ?
If he was in the video with this guy saying that stuff before.. has anyone asked what he thinks of this recent news ?

Gavin ? theymos ?
What do all the older guys think ?

They have more important things to do than paying attention to half ass journalism

As soon as i read the article, i knew this is a hoax. Yet idiots in this forums are making a big fuss about it.

Some idiots even believe his "credentials". Hint for you dumbass out there: If any scholar who is more interested in advanced study, they would have enrolled in some top tier school, doing real research..... Not a for profit low tier school. Notice how all his degrees are from the same shitty school?

Fact: Australia is known to sell low end educations to attract visa students from third world countries around it (China, South East Asia ...etc ) Since early 1990s there are many for profit "universities". Sadly Australia is still considered " Western " country by its neighbors.
BitcoinBud44

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:46:29 AM

I would very much agree with that assessment - the question is why?  I mean, I guess some people just crave attention but he seems to want more than that?  Maybe he wants to claim Satoshi's Nobel prize money?

If he were to claim that, he would have to provide undeniable proof.
Until that proof is presented, this is a hoax, iMO.

✦ ────────  SPOKKZ  ──────── ✦
A COMMUNITY-POWERED FILM & TV BLOCKCHAIN ECOSYSTEM
✦ ────────  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Linkedin ⬝  Medium   ──────── ✦ Join Pre-Sale
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2033
Merit: 1165

Never selling

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 06:27:48 AM

Can't say I've looked into the details enough, but, the fact that this guy has inconsistencies in his evidence, a history of poor business performance, tax issues, etc. To me he sounded like a confidence man. Then, by coincidence I saw this article today http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/06/opinion/sunday/born-to-be-conned.html. Everyone reading this thread should take a look. To me it describes the people on these forums that are trying to back up the claims that Wright is Satoshi.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1459

Clueless!

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:07:05 AM

Can't say I've looked into the details enough, but, the fact that this guy has inconsistencies in his evidence, a history of poor business performance, tax issues, etc. To me he sounded like a confidence man. Then, by coincidence I saw this article today http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/06/opinion/sunday/born-to-be-conned.html. Everyone reading this thread should take a look. To me it describes the people on these forums that are trying to back up the claims that Wright is Satoshi.

IF he is satoshi we will find out when he makes a 'deal' with the Australian Tax authorities imho ...they will not let this go ...and if anything like the USA ...we just fine and release ...he would probably need to move some coin from the satoshi account ..if like the USA they 'claimed' revenue etc on such in some manner (not sure)..but anyway if he really is satoshi that is how he will get out of this in the clear..the american way..just fine your way out of the mess with your 'hidden' stashes etc etc

IF he is satoshi and not in that much of a bind..he will still have to prove it or suffer the consequences of STILL being followed about ..likely stalked for kidnap reasons..etc ..he will need security unless he can convince majority he is NOT satoshi...but now if he is not satoshi he is soo....screwed on safety/authorities looking at him/ etc (assuming someone leaked this info simply to destroy him if so well played well played indeed)

So for his sake imho he better be Satoshi..it would still suck ..but he probably could get out of the Australian Tax Problem with a good lawyer....tax wise and a settlement..I doubt if there was a way around this the Australian Authorities beyond a fine and slap on the wrist would want to toss in Prison the inventor of bitcoin (or co-inventor) especaialy if someday ..again if he moved coin and proved he was Satoshi....the frigging Australian ..if Satoshi would probably 'someday' get the nobel prize in economics....now that such is known

Also by doing such he could 1) have some sway in BTC (not sure if this is good or bad he may be a nut but from his point of view) ..and all the 'hoopla'  of such 2) he could reassure that his hoard will be managed correctly in some 'blind trust' manner imho and thus make his hoard worth more (ie he won't dump beyond such and such per year) 3) he could get the proper advisors ..including security ...in his now complicated life

again ...IF he really is satoshi he may as well fess up and "pay it forward' as the founder of BTC because unless it is 'conclusively proved' he is NOT then folk will hound him to the ends of the Earth...Satoshi or not ..would NOT want to be this guy.....fake or not Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:08:19 AM

Back in March of this year I presented a pretty definitive case that Leroy Fodor is a serial liar and that one shouldn't trust his StakeMiners Ponzi (see my sig). Since then, supposedly 180+ still joined his endeavor that by all accounts is currently uber insolvent.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 07:13:15 AM

IF he is satoshi we will find out when he makes a 'deal' with the Australian Tax authorities imho ...they will not let this go ...and if anything like the USA ...we just fine and release ...he would probably need to move some coin from the satoshi account ..if like the USA they 'claimed' revenue etc on such in some manner (not sure)..but anyway if he really is satoshi that is how he will get out of this in the clear..the american way..just fine your way out of the mess with your 'hidden' stashes etc etc

IF he is satoshi and not in that much of a bind..he will still have to prove it or suffer the consequences of STILL being followed about ..likely stalked for kidnap reasons..etc ..he will need security unless he can convince majority he is NOT satoshi...but now if he is not satoshi he is soo....screwed on safety/authorities looking at him/ etc (assuming someone leaked this info simply to destroy him if so well played well played indeed)

So for his sake imho he better be Satoshi..it would still suck ..but he probably could get out of the Australian Tax Problem with a good lawyer....tax wise and a settlement..I doubt if there was a way around this the Australian Authorities beyond a fine and slap on the wrist would want to toss in Prison the inventor of bitcoin (or co-inventor) especaialy if someday ..again if he moved coin and proved he was Satoshi....the frigging Australian ..if Satoshi would probably 'someday' get the nobel prize in economics....now that such is known

Also by doing such he could 1) have some sway in BTC (not sure if this is good or bad he may be a nut but from his point of view) ..and all the 'hoopla'  of such 2) he could reassure that his hoard will be managed correctly in some 'blind trust' manner imho and thus make his hoard worth more (ie he won't dump beyond such and such per year) 3) he could get the proper advisors ..including security ...in his now complicated life

again ...IF he really is satoshi he may as well fess up and "pay it forward' as the founder of BTC because unless it is 'conclusively proved' he is NOT then folk will hound him to the ends of the Earth...Satoshi or not ..would NOT want to be this guy.....fake or not Smiley

Living now in the UK perhaps as a broke bloke, he has no means to defend himself against those that may believe he's flush, coupled with having loosing all cred due to the stunt he pulled. Not even a hundred more three-letter accolades after his name is going to help him earn a respectable living. What entity wants to go on record in hiring Craig Wright?
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2015, 07:38:47 AM

I'm still baffled how all bitcoin related media sites wrote so much bullshit about this hoax. it's beyond me

miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:59:45 AM

... but lets face it who cars who satoshi is?  ...
\\I seccond this
vilain

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 10:33:24 AM

I'm still baffled how all bitcoin related media sites wrote so much bullshit about this hoax. it's beyond me

Has it been unmasked yet?

I'm a little out out of date here.
Spoetnik
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 11:09:38 AM

You guys can keep cawing like crows it doesn't matter who Satoshi is crying like that Tranny way back..
"Leave Brittany Satoshi Alone !
But..
Chris is no longer gay and no longer doing porn and no longer a Tranny !
Yup.. he went back to being a straight guy (seen him doing a redemption on Tosh.0 way back)

Anyway since Bitcointalk just loves the whole tunnel vision / living in a delusional bubble routine.
Please let me take the time to let some light into your basements nerds..
Reality Check Time with Spoetnik !

- Your opinions mean squat.

The real world out there across the globe is who matters.
So when they all start going on about finding Satoshi.. they will of course look to us all for answers.
So like it or not we have to deal with this and not cry Leave Him Alone ..it don't matter.
It does matter.
To the people that matter.. average people around the globe not into Crypto nerd stuff.
If Reuters, Wired, Gizmodo etc post a story they will want to know what we think of it all.
Read the topic title..
Has Wired discovered the real Satoshi Nakamoto? (.. this time)

chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 12:15:58 PM

Wright it obvious that is simple a scammer.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »
  Print  

Jump to: