Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:48:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which is better? Monero or Dash?
Monero - 128 (63.7%)
Dash - 73 (36.3%)
Total Voters: 201

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Honestly, which is better? Monero or Dash?  (Read 35903 times)
ghostycc

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Lovin' Crypto

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:04:48 PM

these 2 are dumpcoins festival.
You should be careful xD

Stop these Hype money, get in DGB!
FrenchFrog FTW
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:25:04 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 04:37:30 PM by qwizzie

Im still not sure. Ive heard all the arguments in favour of monero, it seems very promising, and ive heard all the arguments in favour of dash, the technology seems very good.  But i still cant make my mind up. It seems that there is almost no one that can really decide which one is better monero or dash.  If only there was someone from either the dash community or the monero community who could please finally explain to me which one is better. Monero or dash.

Its a difficult topic for sure, but maybe this will help :

edit : damn, i forgot about the Dash Android app, Dash iPhone app, Dash Electrum release and the Dash SPV wallet thats in development right now .....  

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:31:19 PM

Im still not sure. Ive heard all the arguments in favour of monero, it seems very promising, and ive heard all the arguments in favour of dash, the technology seems very good.  But i still cant make my mind up. It seems that there is almost no one that can really decide which one is better monero or dash.  If only there was someone from either the dash community or the monero community who could please finally explain to me which one is better. Monero or dash.

Wow, you guys really don't get it. TPTB_need_war just outlined how your instant transactions and full node network are the flaw that will bring dash to its knees and you don't even wait for a new page to flash a checklist touting them as innovations. This is mindless advertising (IE propaganda)--just keep repeating the lie until some suckers our duped into believing it.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:34:11 PM

edit : damn, i forgot about the Dash Android app, Dash iPhone app, Dash Electrum release and the Dash SPV wallet thats in development right now .....  

Wow, you guys really don't get it. TPTB_need_war just outlined how your instant transactions and full node network are the flaw that will bring dash to its knees and you don't even wait for a new page to flash a checklist touting them as innovations. This is mindless advertising (IE propaganda)--just keep repeating the lie until some suckers our duped into believing it.

problem is that we heard that one too many times .. hell, i even bought knee protectors just in case and still we are standing... standing strong if i may add.

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:45:13 PM

problem is that we heard that one too many times .. hell, i even bought knee protecters just in case and still we are standing... standing strong if i may add.

And you have some proof of TPTB_needs_war's  expert opinions aren't correct outside of the argument that you haven't needed knee pads yet? I'd like you to take his critcisms point by point (or better yet Evan--AFAIK he still has yet to answer how he's going to solve the X11 flaw). Smoke hopium on your own time and on your own dime.

tolikkk

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:46:37 PM

I think that humanity can find the money for both platform, the fundamental differences they have, but innovation for both cases!    and cost them $100, but not less than!
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:59:53 PM

problem is that we heard that one too many times .. hell, i even bought knee protecters just in case and still we are standing... standing strong if i may add.

And you have some proof of TPTB_needs_war's  expert opinions aren't correct outside of the argument that you haven't needed knee pads yet? I'd like you to take his critcisms point by point (or better yet Evan--AFAIK he still has yet to answer how he's going to solve the X11 flaw). Smoke hopium on your own time and on your own dime.

Yep, this is pretty much proof to me that TPTB doesn't really understand what the dev team has in mind with Dash Evolution and appearently has not been reading up on Dash locking transactions system : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1219023.msg13291423#msg13291423
So no need for knee protectors now.... if there ever was.

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 05:08:22 PM

^Hey Qwizzie, I think you missed this reply from TPTB_need_war quoted from this thread only one page prior to the page we are now.

Maybe a little early to be doing a victory lap.

IX requires 6 of 10 signatures to create a transaction lock.

Which is exactly what I wrote it must do, and exactly what I wrote when I surmised that your white paper was implying the highly jammable design of 10-of-10.

But as I pointed out in the correct math (which is clear you still haven't grasped), even 6-of-10 can be jammed 62% of the time (and multiply spent the other 38% of the time) given a 50% attack on the masternodes (i.e. the 50% attack on masternodes can attack 100% of the InstantX transactions). Even at 10% attack on masternodes, then every 666th UTXO can be jammed and roughly every 10,000th UTXO can be multiply spent. So if there are 66,600 UXTO, then a 10% attack on the masternodes (i.e. controlling 10% of the masternodes) roughly can jam 100 of the available UXTO and double-spend (actually multiply spend, i.e. unlimited lies can be announced by masternodes) 7 of them.

These sort of flaws are amateurish. You are in over your head. You are a programmer and some sort of finance person and a reasonably good marketer mining the gullible speculators (but not to actual users of currency), but you are not capable enough on the block chain theory.

This entire argument is based on an invalid premise! So your jamming attack doesn't work...

Nope. My entire argument is you apparently still don't know how to do basic probability math.

Will you attempt to copy my design and order Dash's masternode announcements? Then will you try to copy my design and merge all the orphans? If not, you will still have attack flaws in your design. Will you replace the deposit for controlling a masternodes with a nomination by PoW, so as to avoid the flaw of externalities that can finance the purchase of masternodes, e.g. shorting the coin.

Well even if you do manage to copy my design, you still can't fix the fact that attacking masternodes is a one-time cost and not sublinear (ongoing cost) as per attacking a correctly designed PoW coin (which is the point that has been made by myself, monsterer, and smooth). And thus Dash is a proof-of-stake security model, not a proof-of-work. Thus it can be undermined by for example combining shorting with attacking masternodes. And you won't get all the small details correct, because you simply don't have enough smart people helping you, because apparently the smart people don't want to work on your closed source during development (and very well documented allegations: fraud) coin. I would never work on your coin, because you have no usership. It is all marketing to speculators to mine the speculators. What is the point? We are supposed to be creating crypto to change the world and entice millions or billions of users. But that has never been your marketing plan. You've always been mining the speculators instead.

And also I do believe the SEC will be coming after you eventually for very clearly running an unregistered illegal investment security (and you come from the finance world so you know very well that you are skirting the securities law). Hope you've paid off the regulators with the $million you mined from the gullible speculators in crypto. Personally I don't see how it has been worth it. The $million you've perhaps pocketed will never sustain you to be rich for the rest of your life, and you will constantly have hanging over your head the threat of SEC action at any time in the future. That is criminal liability in exchange for $million. Not worth it. You are nearing the end of the road for your run.

When I originally assisted you on some of the errors in your original design which caused you to invent masternodes, I viewed you as a nice guy who was trying to develop something. When all these allegations of fraud and premine crap came out, I was very shamed that I had let you get away with promoting Dash. I always knew that Dash was a barely literate design (come on do you really want me to explain how your new anonymity design will be just as flawed as the current on in Dash!), but I didn't want to interfere because I am not the altcoin police (unlike smooth who sometimes tries to act like a sheriff). But really I have to tell you frankly, that I am ashamed that you have mined the speculators and not proposed any real impact for mass usership. And now you have the audacity to go pumping up this Evolution design as some great innovation and fooling more gullible speculators. I mean if you hadn't of done the fraud thing, I would probably not be hitting you so hard now. Again I don't go around harping on the fraud thing, because I am not the altcoin police. But pleeeaaaseee do not try to argue that you are capable on block chain theory tech. You are not.

I don't want to help you because you are doing evil in terms of the goals we as a community are trying to reach. You are siphoning away money from the community and not putting it towards actual innovation (both marketing and technical) that could really help us deal with the problem of a State gone amok. Help us to reach the ideals of crypto. Instead you are just mining the speculators and they seem to believe you are technically capable. You are capable enough to produce code, and you are capable enough to correct mistakes that are pointed out to you. But you are not capable enough to get the really smart people to work with you on ongoing basis, because you are not going in the correct direction in terms of the purpose of why we are here supporting crypto in the first place, which is to get millions of users to use crypto and to better the world (while also making money from increased adoption, not from mining from each other i.e. extracting money from each other in zero-sum game on this forum).

Maybe if you mea culpa on the premine crap and work towards bettering the world instead fooling (ahem marketing to the) the speculators, then maybe I would feel like helping you. But any way, I am moving forward on trying to move the crypto world forward in the direction it needs to be going. Maybe you should help me! I helped you before and you made a lot of money from me standing aside and not criticizing Dash in the early days. Maybe now it is time for you to pay back to the community.

And most definitely you can't duplicate my marketing plan directly to millions of users.

This is the end of the road for Dash.

It will be evident some weeks from now that Dash has no future.

Edit: I will look at your source code links when I have time. I need to head out the door to do errands. If I discover that any of my points are incorrect, I will mea culpa. Again I don't hate you, but I feel I must be frank about the technology because we really need innovation that help us reach the goals of crypto and not just half-assed tech from guys who design schemes to siphon off the capital of crypto into their pockets. And again I have studied the SEC regulations and all these marketing to speculators is clearly a violation of the Howey test for being an unregistered illegal investment security. It doesn't matter how you've obfuscated it by pretending the masternodes are in control, the Supreme Court has consistently said that the test overlooks any attempts to obfuscate the economic reality of the situation. Then on top of that is the evidence of deception with the premine and the advertised money supply protocol being altered ex post facto, etc.

And afaik you are a USA citizen, so thus you incur the maximum culpability.

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 05:11:19 PM

Listening to fud about Dash Evolution and all Dash's achievements bringing Dash somehow to its knees
is like listening to the Maya's predicting the end of the world.. and we all know how that ended  Roll Eyes

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 05:14:35 PM

Listening to fud about Dash Evolution and all Dash's achievements bringing Dash somehow to its knees
is like listening to the Maya's predicting the end of the world.. and we all know how that ended.

Sorry, Dash is not equivalent to the world ending, maybe for you and your portfolio (but nice effort to skirt the criticisms).

qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 05:20:49 PM

is like listening to the Maya's predicting the end of the world.. and we all know how that ended.

Sorry, Dash is not equivalent to the world ending, maybe for you and your portfolio (but nice effort to skirt the criticisms).

thanks, to be honest it wasn't that difficult to skip the criticisms when the person doing the criticisms obviously has not been
studying the code itself and just proved that to the whole forum watching

generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 05:25:02 PM

thanks, to be honest it wasn't that difficult to skip the criticisms when the person doing the criticisms obviously has not been
studying the code itself and just proved that to the whole forum watching

He responded to Evan's post and Evan has yet to post a response, so the claiming victory is deceitful or fails to comprehend how dominantly TPTB_need_war dispensed with Evan's clumsy explanation (Don't worry, I'll post it again on the next page in case your tit for tat non-statements bury it on this page).

deliveryman

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 05:32:23 PM

Shadowcash -> both

tech wise that is.
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 06:35:40 PM

Shadowcash -> both

tech wise that is.

okay, i'm giving you a shot on some free publicity... what is Shadowcash exactly ? How far is it in development ?
How fast is it ? How decentralised is it ? Is it focussed on more then just anonymity ?

stoat

Activity: 686
Merit: 270

FREEDOM RESERVE

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 07:36:08 PM

Shadowcash -> both

tech wise that is.

Damn, that threw a spanner in the works.  I was on the cusp, THE CUSP, of deciding which one is better monero or dash when this deliveryman guy throws in a bombshell: 'Shadowcash'.  Now i know monero and dash are quite hard to decide between, but shadowcash?  Is shadowcash better than monero AND dash? Can anyone from either the monero community, the dash community or the shadowcash community please enlighten me?

FREEDOMRESERVEFree currency for the British Isles
Visit our website for more info

<-- Click here!
FREEDOMRESERVE By the People and for the People
qwizzie
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:10:48 PM

Shadowcash -> both

tech wise that is.

Damn, that threw a spanner in the works.  I was on the cusp, THE CUSP, of deciding which one is better monero or dash when this deliveryman guy throws in a bombshell: 'Shadowcash'.  Now i know monero and dash are quite hard to decide between, but shadowcash?  Is shadowcash better than monero AND dash? Can anyone from either the monero community, the dash community or the shadowcash community please enlighten me?

i'm starting to like you .. i dont know why, but i do  Roll Eyes

i guess we have to wait for deliveryman to deliver us more info, i just hope he doesn't get stuck in traffic or something.

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 10:28:38 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2015, 11:11:05 PM by CoinHoarder

Have a good day.  Smiley

You are a fucking psycopath. So, in order to buy your "respect" I need to buy my old domain name back for $2,500 from the domain squatters, then spend $10,000 to make coins that (according to you) no one even trusts me to make. So, in other words I need to set $12,500 on fire, and even then I will still be scammer because it has taken me too long to deliver. Either way I am a scammer according to you, so you can just get bent Smoothie. All of the people "scammed" are happy of the outcome and have not left me negative trust feedback, anyone can feel free to check the thread that's linked in my trust themselves. Smoothie just likes attacking people/cryptocurrencies when it is in his best interest to do so. He will never admit it, but anyone can read in-between the lines that has been around for a while. With that, I refuse to get sucked into another Smoothie smear attack ever again so I'm going to utilize the ignore button.
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:18:23 AM

Shadowcash -> both

tech wise that is.

Damn, that threw a spanner in the works.  I was on the cusp, THE CUSP, of deciding which one is better monero or dash when this deliveryman guy throws in a bombshell: 'Shadowcash'.  Now i know monero and dash are quite hard to decide between, but shadowcash?  Is shadowcash better than monero AND dash? Can anyone from either the monero community, the dash community or the shadowcash community please enlighten me?

If you want to learn more about ShadowCash and how it compares to Monero and Dash this is a good place to start. https://doc.shadowproject.io/#shadow-and-others. There are some very strong similarities with Monero. The critical difference is that ShadowCash is proof of stake while Monero is proof of work. Personally I believe that derivatives markets will make proof of stake coins fundamentally insecure. This is because the coin network has no way of determining if the stakeholder has shorted the coin on the derivatives market. If the stakeholder has a net short position then it would be in the stakeholder's interest to vote her stake against the best interests of the coin. This fundamentally undermines the whole premise of proof of stake as a way to secure a coin network. Dash is by the way vulnerable to this kind of attack since there is no way for the Dash network to determine if the holder of a masternode "secured" by 1000 Dash does not have a 2000 Dash short position somewhere else for a net 1000 Dash short position. It is actually even more vulnerable than most proof of stake coins since there is a built in incentive to set up masternodes using Dash borrowed from those who have less than 1000 Dash.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
The Sceptical Chymist
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 6886

Top Crypto Casino

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 01:29:18 AM

I have to say this:  I consider myself an average Joe Blow type of guy, and I don't even know how I got into bitcoin.  It was just something I read about on the internet and thought was cool.  Bitcoin has value, and bitcoin is the cryptocurrency people are going to use if they get into this.  Both of the coins you have this poll for I've heard of but know absolutely nothing about.  And I don't care to know anything about them.  Altcoins are destined to be ultimately abandoned.  There's no practical use for most of them, and Dash and Monero don't (in my opinion) have a future.  They are tools of speculation and will never be adopted by people like me.

█████████████████████████
████▐██▄█████████████████
████▐██████▄▄▄███████████
████▐████▄█████▄▄████████
████▐█████▀▀▀▀▀███▄██████
████▐███▀████████████████
████▐█████████▄█████▌████
████▐██▌█████▀██████▌████
████▐██████████▀████▌████
█████▀███▄█████▄███▀█████
███████▀█████████▀███████
██████████▀███▀██████████
█████████████████████████
BC.GAME
▄▄░░░▄▀▀▄████████
▄▄▄
██████████████
█████░░▄▄▄▄████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄██████▄▄▄▄████
▄███▄█▄▄██████████▄████▄████
███████████████████████████▀███
▀████▄██▄██▄░░░░▄████████████
▀▀▀█████▄▄▄███████████▀██
███████████████████▀██
███████████████████▄██
▄███████████████████▄██
█████████████████████▀██
██████████████████████▄
..CASINO....SPORTS....RACING..
generalizethis
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 01:44:25 AM

I have to say this:  I consider myself an average Joe Blow type of guy, and I don't even know how I got into bitcoin.  It was just something I read about on the internet and thought was cool.  Bitcoin has value, and bitcoin is the cryptocurrency people are going to use if they get into this.  Both of the coins you have this poll for I've heard of but know absolutely nothing about.  And I don't care to know anything about them.  Altcoins are destined to be ultimately abandoned.  There's no practical use for most of them, and Dash and Monero don't (in my opinion) have a future.  They are tools of speculation and will never be adopted by people like me.

Weird that i have friends who get mad that they have to buy BTC to get Monero--of course these friends have little interest in cryptocurrencies in general, but see the value of online privacy. Still unsure why anyone wants to put their business on a public blockchain, but to each his own.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: