Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 07:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201064 times)
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
December 16, 2019, 11:02:04 PM

Decred v1.5.0 is out!

This release includes a new consensus vote agenda for block header commitments. The vote will activate after 75% of PoS and 95% of PoW have upgraded.

Release notes: https://github.com/decred/decred-binaries/blob/master/release-notes.md
Downloads: https://decred.org/downloads

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KawaBunGa

Activity: 437
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 07:39:24 AM

156.91 DCR for a ticket  Shocked What the hell?
Current ticket price is 158.01 DCR as per Dcrstats.com and I think this will greatly increase in the coming days. It's quite interesting to see that it's only on the 124.37 DCR per ticket last December 4 and now jumped to that number today. What's the reason behind this?

The reason is supply and demand. If you look at the tickets bought on the PoS Ticket Price, DCR chart on dcrstats.com, you will notice ~1500 tickets were bought Dec 6th because the ticket price started going up. This is much more than the average ~700 a day, so the ticket prices spike to average this out. Also with over 51% of all DCR supply staked, there is just less room for tickets.

Yeah, I pretty much understand how the law of supply and demand works. But there were even greater spikes of volume throughout this year which didn't cause such increases in price. That's why I was a little surprised to see such price action. Maybe it's because there's more DCR in the market now, so the same movements happen on a larger scale.

Could be. I'm betting its more due to the pool size being consistently full. Then, when spikes have occurred, it causes the difficult algo to geometrically up the price ->->-> big ass price spikes.

I guess we're gonna see one of these "big ass price spikes" pretty soon, then Smiley
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 01:18:37 PM

Current ticket price is 158.01 DCR as per Dcrstats.com and I think this will greatly increase in the coming days. It's quite interesting to see that it's only on the 124.37 DCR per ticket last December 4 and now jumped to that number today. What's the reason behind this?

The reason is supply and demand. If you look at the tickets bought on the PoS Ticket Price, DCR chart on dcrstats.com, you will notice ~1500 tickets were bought Dec 6th because the ticket price started going up. This is much more than the average ~700 a day, so the ticket prices spike to average this out. Also with over 51% of all DCR supply staked, there is just less room for tickets.

Yeah, I pretty much understand how the law of supply and demand works. But there were even greater spikes of volume throughout this year which didn't cause such increases in price. That's why I was a little surprised to see such price action. Maybe it's because there's more DCR in the market now, so the same movements happen on a larger scale.

Could be. I'm betting its more due to the pool size being consistently full. Then, when spikes have occurred, it causes the difficult algo to geometrically up the price ->->-> big ass price spikes.

I guess we're gonna see one of these "big ass price spikes" pretty soon, then Smiley

Maybe not as big a spike, because fewer tickets were sold near top of the ticket prices compared to other times.
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 18, 2019, 05:02:45 PM

Maybe not as big a spike, because fewer tickets were sold near top of the ticket prices compared to other times.

Isn't the rate of ticket voting constant? Like, 5/block I believe. Not sure what you mean by sold near the top. /ponder

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 19, 2019, 07:07:57 PM

Isn't the rate of ticket voting constant? Like, 5/block I believe. Not sure what you mean by sold near the top. /ponder

Yes the rate of ticket inclusion (consumption) is constant but the ticket pool fluctuates. People can choose not to buy more tickets at high prices.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 07:56:23 PM

Can someone point me out to which "Bitcoin Devs" are working on this project as is claimed in the title?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 08:33:23 PM

Can someone point me out to which "Bitcoin Devs" are working on this project as is claimed in the title?

I think at least one of the founders/developers for decred is also the founder and developer for the btcsuite Bitcoin implementation. Jake Yocom-Piatt or something. I think that basically the group of people that developed btcsuite now collectively work on decred, but I'm less sure about that.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 08:43:24 PM

I think at least one of the founders/developers for decred is also the founder and developer for the btcsuite Bitcoin implementation. Jake Yocom-Piatt or something. I think that basically the group of people that developed btcsuite now collectively work on decred, but I'm less sure about that.
Those are not Bitcoin developers, those are developers that developed something for Bitcoin (and/or contributed somehow). Otherwise, everyone even with trivial contributions would be a esteemed Bitcoin developer - boost up your CV the easy way. I have to verify that this is the case though, otherwise OP is misrepresenting the project i.e. committing fraud.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
January 06, 2020, 09:24:01 PM

Those are not Bitcoin developers, those are developers that developed something for Bitcoin (and/or contributed somehow). Otherwise, everyone even with trivial contributions would be a esteemed Bitcoin developer - boost up your CV the easy way. I have to verify that this is the case though, otherwise OP is misrepresenting the project i.e. committing fraud.

I mean, they produced the second or third most widely used node implemention, which is used by some of the more popular lightning network applications. I don't know whether or not they have commits in the bitcoin core repo, but it seems a bit arbitrary and subjective to say they're not "Bitcoin developers". But I'm not super knowledgeable in what they've done anyways, so I'll let them answer themselves.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2020, 09:28:26 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2020, 04:06:51 AM by Lauda

I mean, they produced the second or third most widely used node implemention, which is used by some of the more popular lightning network applications. I don't know whether or not they have commits in the bitcoin core repo, but it seems a bit arbitrary and subjective to say they're not "Bitcoin developers". But I'm not super knowledgeable in what they've done anyways, so I'll let them answer themselves.
That implementation as is useful as me preventing climate-change induced city-wide flooding by using 1 bucket to put water back into the ocean . No, definitely not what I'd promote as "Bitcoin developers". However, it is somewhat understandable to be listed this way assuming that they are in fact: 1) Behind the project. 2) Still involved in the project. If 2) is no longer the case, OP has to take out this claim out of the title and any other places that he controls.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
January 07, 2020, 05:32:51 PM

That implementation as is useful as me preventing climate-change induced city-wide flooding by using 1 bucket to put water back into the ocean . No, definitely not what I'd promote as "Bitcoin developers". However, it is somewhat understandable to be listed this way assuming that they are in fact: 1) Behind the project. 2) Still involved in the project. If 2) is no longer the case, OP has to take out this claim out of the title and any other places that he controls.

"Bitcoin Fraudsters"  Roll Eyes  lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 12:41:24 PM

There is no fraud here.
As already explained, there is a difference between "bitcoin devs" and "bitcoin core devs" and decred was developed by bitcoin devs, which in addition to many other things used in bitcoin also developed atomic swaps.
The first bitcoin atomic swap, performed by Charlie Lee with litecoin, was using technology developed by decred's devs.
Do you know Jimmy Song from bitcoin Core Team?

One of Decred's founding devs, J.C. Vernaleo, also was a NASA developer.
Currently, the currency development is decentralized.
Company 0 has become just one of the companies that develop it.
Anyone can submit a project that will be voted on and if accepted by the community, implemented and the developers paid for the work.
If I'm not wrong DCR has over 200 contributors to the code
If you want to talk to devs you can find they here:

https://decred.org/community/

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2020, 01:15:39 PM

There is no fraud here.
As already explained, there is a difference between "bitcoin devs" and "bitcoin core devs" and decred was developed by bitcoin devs, which in addition to many other things used in bitcoin also developed atomic swaps.
Says who? Decred Team and Decred investors because it benefits them?

One of Decred's founding devs, J.C. Vernaleo, also was a NASA developer.
Irrelevant appeal to authority.

Putting this aside, are the people that are "bitcoin devs" still involved in the project or not? That's the only thing that I am yet uncertain of, i.e. need clarifying. Even though I strongly disagree with the used distinction, I still thank you for putting in effort and giving me the information in the post.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 08, 2020, 07:27:30 PM

Putting this aside, are the people that are "bitcoin devs" still involved in the project or not? That's the only thing that I am yet uncertain of, i.e. need clarifying. Even though I strongly disagree with the used distinction, I still thank you for putting in effort and giving me the information in the post.

I don't think any of the lead devs work on anything bitcoin related anymore. There are some contractors that may work for both projects.
The whole reason the core Decred team left btcsuite development was because they would write what they thought was useful code that was rejected by the BTC gatekeepers to often. Basically they didn't like the BTC governance process, yet loved the idea of Bitcoin. So Decred was born; similar to BTC in it's scarcity but with POW/POS, a development fund, governance ...
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 06:08:38 AM

I don't think any of the lead devs work on anything bitcoin related anymore. There are some contractors that may work for both projects.
The whole reason the core Decred team left btcsuite development was because they would write what they thought was useful code that was rejected by the BTC gatekeepers to often. Basically they didn't like the BTC governance process, yet loved the idea of Bitcoin. So Decred was born; similar to BTC in it's scarcity but with POW/POS, a development fund, governance ...
I was asking whether they were working on Decred still, these "Bitcoin developers". Your argumentation and all claims about governance are utter and complete bullshit out of which is evident that the Decred team itself is semi-competent at best, but that is something else entirely which I don't want to waste my time on. If the answer to my question is still yes, could you maybe point me out to their Github profiles/proof-of-current-involvement? I'd be very thankful and can finish this inquiry!

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Grumlin
Legendary

Activity: 2886
Merit: 1137

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2020, 06:21:44 PM

interesting statistics
https://twitter.com/FastCryptoTrade/status/1215334231301414915

▄
         ▄███
         ▀████▄
       ▄  ▀████▄
      ███▄ ▀████▄
    ▄████   ▀████▄
   ▄████      ████▄
  ▄████        ████▄
 █████          █████
▀████▄          ▄████▀
  ▀████▄▄▄▄   ▄████▀
    ▀████▀  ▄████▀
LISK
       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█▄            ▄█▄
   █████          █████
  ███████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ███████
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
 ▄██████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
██████████ ▀▀█████████████████
██████████     ▀▀█████████████
██████████         ▀▀█████████
██████████         ▄▄█████████
██████████     ▄▄█████████████
██████████ ▄▄█████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
 ▀██████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀████████████████████▀▀

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████▀    ███████
██████████  ▄██████████
██████████  ███████████
████████      ▄████████
██████████  ███████████
██████████  ███████████
██████████  ███████████
 █████████████████████
  ▀▀███████████████▀▀
gembitz

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 07:32:20 PM

Goldman Saches pawned $DCR via $CLAM fire sale stealing millions of users $BTC Wink reeee

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
gembitz

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 07:35:07 PM

I was asking whether they were working on Decred still, these "Bitcoin developers". Your argumentation and all claims about governance are utter and complete bullshit out of which is evident that the Decred team itself is semi-competent at best, but that is something else entirely which I don't want to waste my time on. If the answer to my question is still yes, could you maybe point me out to their Github profiles/proof-of-current-involvement? I'd be very thankful and can finish this inquiry!

you even AIRDROP bruh?  Kiss  DECRED is international criminal enterprise ~> * Asian money laundering *

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
January 09, 2020, 07:55:32 PM

answered on matrix

gembitz

View Profile
January 10, 2020, 02:12:03 PM

centralization cartel on mining is obvious...this is unsustainable! :\ devs hodl premine to fix votes.

Pages: « 1 ... 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 [547] 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: