Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:55:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201087 times)
filou4

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 11:55:41 AM

will the standard cgminer (blake256 compatible) will be usable to mine decred?
(like old cgminer used for blakecoin)
thks for your reply

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
zsnorbi

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:10:51 PM

thks for your reply

I am not sure about that, but given that it is a completely new code written in different language, probably it will have different protocols, so i think that standard cgminer or sgminer won't work with decred daemon. Hashing is the same but the miner to connect to the daemon probably it will have to be forked and adjusted some minor things.
filou4

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:28:18 PM

thks for your reply

I am not sure about that, but given that it is a completely new code written in different language, probably it will have different protocols, so i think that standard cgminer or sgminer won't work with decred daemon. Hashing is the same but the miner to connect to the daemon probably it will have to be forked and adjusted some minor things.

Yeah though so.
we'll wait for the patched miners so :-)

http://poolto.be -+- Any help appreciated ! BTC: 1E4s4CDXutSYZGkFVKrLbmQXQWq4Ez7RUy -+- thanks :-)
kenshirothefist

Activity: 457
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 12:29:09 PM

Simple GPU miner - A simple AMD GPU miner that connects to a local daemon will be available before launch. In the future, proper getblocktemplate functionality will be enabled and pool software will be made available.

@decred, I would like to get some detailed clarification about mining.

First of all, why a new miner and why not support for pooled mining from the beginning?

There are already GPU miners available:

For AMD GPUs:

https://github.com/Griffitsj/cgminer-saffron/

Code:
cgminer --blake256 -o stratum+tcp://...

p.s.: this should be migrated to the newer sgminer, otherwise it's just fine

For NVIDIA GPUs:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer or https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer

Code:
ccminer.exe -a blake -o stratum+tcp://...

These two miners implements Blake256 algo with 14 rounds, the same as Decred is using. So mining software is already here, why not simply use it? Are you planing to make any changes in the algorithm (if yes, why?)? Or will these miners be able to mine on Decred out-of-the-box once pools are out? Also, are you planning to go some non-standard way or will Decred be fully compatible with the standard stratum protocol for pooled mining?

Thanks for the answers!

Still no clarification on this? People are asking about mining and it is still unclear weather existing cgminers/ccminers will be compatible with mining Decred.

So many questions regarding mining, supported miners, etc. and still no clarification. After all, this is a POW + POS currency, therefore mining should be well covered. Not good.
zdeni82

Activity: 912
Merit: 505

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:00:12 PM

i can't find wallet for this coin...
Bitcoineer

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:27:58 PM

i can't find wallet for this coin...

There is no wallet yet.

Looks pretty interesting to me. Will be following the project!
anders lokka

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:28:43 PM

Code:
[quote author=kenshirothefist link=topic=1290358.msg13572139#msg13572139 date=1452947349]
[quote author=kenshirothefist link=topic=1290358.msg13557669#msg13557669 date=1452843176]
[quote author=kenshirothefist link=topic=1290358.msg13543295#msg13543295 date=1452722868]
[quote author=decred link=topic=1290358.msg13256302#msg13256302 date=1450192253]
[b]Simple GPU miner -[/b] A simple AMD GPU miner that connects to a local daemon will be available before launch. In the future, proper getblocktemplate functionality will be enabled and pool software will be made available.
[/quote]

First of all, why a new miner and why not support for pooled mining from the beginning?

For [b]AMD GPUs[/b]:

[code]cgminer --blake256 -o stratum+tcp://...

For NVIDIA GPUs:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer or https[Suspicious link removed] -a blake -o stratum+tcp://...[/code]

These two miners implements Blake256 algo with 14 rounds, the same as Decred is using. So mining software is already here, why not simply use it? Are you planing to make any changes in the algorithm (if yes, why?)? Or will these miners be able to mine on Decred out-of-the-box once pools are out? Also, are you planning to go some non-standard way or will Decred be fully compatible with the standard stratum protocol for pooled mining?

Thanks for the answers!
[/quote]

Still no clarification on this? People are asking about mining and it is still unclear weather existing cgminers/ccminers will be compatible with mining Decred.
[/quote]

So many questions regarding mining, supported miners, etc. and still no clarification. After all, this is a POW + POS currency, therefore mining should be well covered. Not good.
[/quote]

Totally agree.

I have performed the most faster yobit ico sold out in 29 Minutes.
NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:37:01 PM

Simple GPU miner - A simple AMD GPU miner that connects to a local daemon will be available before launch. In the future, proper getblocktemplate functionality will be enabled and pool software will be made available.

For AMD GPUs:

Code:
cgminer --blake256 -o stratum+tcp://...

For NVIDIA GPUs:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer or https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer

Code:
ccminer.exe -a blake -o stratum+tcp://...

Thanks for the answers!

I am pretty sure detail will start once the airdrop registration will end so in 1.5 days or so. I am also looking forward to more details about the coin, also on the POS side of it. I am also pretty sure that not everyone is techsavvy so a simple explanation would also be nice. Something everyone can understand without a wall of text.
decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 01:42:21 PM

This has been stated earlier in the thread, but the miner is a fork of an older version of cgminer with a rewritten kernel. It has been built for both AMD and NVIDIA cards, but it is likely that an optimized miner for NVIDIA cards will take a little finesse and a fork of ccminer. Testnet and miner binaries, alongside miner specifications will be released one week prior to the launch of mainnet. This is done in an effort to not produce mining information in all kinds of different ways across different platforms and to keep the process as fair as possible for everyone. The same information will be released to everyone in the same way. The focus right now is to get through the airdrop process and get that sorted for all the participants. Once that is done, the focus will shift toward the aforementioned binaries for testing and mining - which will then receive priority attention.
anders lokka

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 01:51:38 PM

This has been stated earlier in the thread, but the miner is a fork of an older version of cgminer with a rewritten kernel. It has been built for both AMD and NVIDIA cards, but it is likely that an optimized miner for NVIDIA cards will take a little finesse and a fork of ccminer. Testnet and miner binaries, alongside miner specifications will be released one week prior to the launch of mainnet. This is done in an effort to not produce mining information in all kinds of different ways across different platforms and to keep the process as fair as possible for everyone. The same information will be released to everyone in the same way. The focus right now is to get through the airdrop process and get that sorted for all the participants. Once that is done, the focus will shift toward the aforementioned binaries for testing and mining - which will then receive priority attention.

In this case we only have to wait 1 day and 10 hours and then we could start mining on testnet.

Great. Looking forward.

NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
indiemax

Activity: 722

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:03:15 PM

Hey guys!  I did ask before but can't see a reply

considering all the crap with Cryptsy and exchanges will you be contacting Shapeshift to see if you can get added

its so easy to use for buying and selling, thanks Grin
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:04:57 PM

Found it today. Watching.

decred (OP)

Activity: 156
Merit: 236

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 02:14:15 PM

In this case we only have to wait 1 day and 10 hours and then we could start mining on testnet.

Great. Looking forward.

Should clarify that Jan 18th signifies the close of airdrop sign up. The project will then have to process those remaining participants before public testnet and miner binaries are released. It's important to square away one process before another is entered so the overall trajectory can be as smooth as possible for everyone - that way everyone can enjoy proper support in the new phase we enter. Updates will be posted as soon as they happen, but the overall project delay will be in terms of weeks, not months (rest assured).
anders lokka

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:23:45 PM

Great. Looking forward.

Should clarify that Jan 18th signifies the close of airdrop sign up. The project will then have to process those remaining participants before public testnet and miner binaries are released. It's important to square away one process before another is entered so the overall trajectory can be as smooth as possible for everyone - that way everyone can enjoy proper support in the new phase we enter. Updates will be posted as soon as they happen, but the overall project delay will be in terms of weeks, not months (rest assured).

Ok thanks.
So mainnet is not january 25 (1 week delay), but probaly at least 2-3 weeks later?
Just to know when buy more gpu.  Wink

NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:28:50 PM

so considering cpu mining is pointless and MRR doesn't have Blake256 rentals available and most of us dont have fpga's and gpu's and fpgpugpa's, anyone know a way we can get into the mining phase of this coin. 

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
anders lokka

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:31:03 PM

so considering cpu mining is pointless and MRR doesn't have Blake256 rentals available and most of us dont have fpga's and gpu's and fpgpugpa's, anyone know a way we can get into the mining phase of this coin. 

Crypto experts say:Whenever a good project is out, don't mine.Just buy.

NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:36:12 PM

Crypto experts must be dumb then. if you get in early enough all mining plays more profitable than buying.

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
edmundduke
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:45:52 PM

Crypto experts must be dumb then. if you get in early enough all mining plays more profitable than buying.
Crypto experts also say if you don't even know how to get hashing power nor have the tools needed, then there is no need to try mine it, just buy.

Looks like just a bit to go till airdrop applications end. Will you reveal how many signed up in the end ?
anders lokka

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:49:47 PM

Crypto experts also say if you don't even know how to get hashing power nor have the tools needed, then there is no need to try mine it, just buy.

Looks like just a bit to go till airdrop applications end. Will you reveal how many signed up in the end ?

Surely not 5k since is still open and there is a countdown.so,it will be just "strange" if right at the end of countdown they write "5k reached".

NEW PROJECT SOON!!!
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 05:53:24 PM

So 1.68 million premined .
840000 to be airdroped (I have registered too) for 5000 people.
Which means 168 decreds per person.

Developers will have to buy/work for decred @0.49$ per token.
Have you contacted /been contacted exchanges as soon as the airdrop occurs?

Probably not, more probably it will be added to an exchange after the mainnet launches and still few days after that as being a new code probably it will be harder to add to an exchange than just compiling a bitcoin-like wallet at exchange server
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: