Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:54:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201066 times)
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:57:53 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2016, 09:20:15 PM by rizzlarolla

I am part of Decred community whether you like it or not. But being part of Decred community doesn't mean I give unconditional support...

The one thing I really dislike here is "minority exclusion", i.e. voting system 66% threshold as well as public appeals to ignore community members...

I don't like it scambo, but hey do as you wish, your a free man, lol. OK, stay alert.

I don't mind the 66% threshold in theory. It should make change easier, to foster innovation in the bitcoin space.
Of course, in practice the decred devs/c0 will be able to outvote everyone else, what they say goes.
Shame decred did not take the opportunity to address the pressing need in bitcoin, the block size! that would be more innovative/insightful.

Scam, you must see many similarities between decred and neucoin? (or others)
Of course repackaged, reworked, reinvented.

Ok, credit if decred get the PoS pool up and running at launch. They should admit it was my due diligence (fud) that caused this turnaround.

But they were going to launch without a pool, effectively leaving "us" PoS-less.
And we know what happens when an entity controlls over 50% PoS, (which decred/c0 effectively still will, but less so) they "outvote others" to rewards.
(they effectively compound their PoS and buy tickets cheaper due to quicker rewards)

Now I don't mind ANY of this, I just want anyone with "real interest" in this to understand better.
In effect the PoS share will not be 50% decred/c0, 50% airdrop, but vastly more in favour of decred/c0 (for various reasons, some stated)
If decred explained this, fine. But they don't. (being as decred is marketed as a coin for "devs", serious players and knowledgeable people)
Being told to shut up by decreders and blanked by anonymous _ingsoc is quite familiar?

And my figures on the "$0.49" price tag allotted to repay decred/c0 in relation to a "working price" of $1.00, set by the boss Beyondtext?
Fobbed off by "the thickest one of the group" anonymous _ingsoc. (her own words not mine)

I can't get an intelligent reply to anything here. I know my lines of enquiry are uncomfortable. More so if things are being hidden I imagine.

I'm seeing many similarities to neucoin,

founders (claim to) work for years on development.
Large Premine
Founders get 2x value of dev pre-launch input repaid. (in relation to "sustainable price" of $1.00 - Beyondtext)
Founders get 450,000(?) decred PoS on top, for no extra work "hidden bonus" (this is not dev fund money. c0 money)
Founders pre-launch input "package" ammounts to 1,300,000 decred in year 1, far more than "implied" (and continue after that)
decred need to trade at $1.00 to self fund on "workable" scale.
Incompatible mathematical evaluations.
Lots of reorgs and unluck PoS miners. (expected)
"Dev fund" starts empty. No project development for some time until funds are accumulated?
Founders "hidden bonus" 1st yr PoS yields more decred than the Dev funds "10% of all blocks"
DHG (dev fund) controlled by founders.
Block explorer promised due to my due diligence. (waiting on fulfilment)
Launch delayed to create essential PoS pool due to my due dilegence. (but no acknowledgement to me. didn't see any other "users" complain)

Also,
Anonymous spokesperson  _ingsoc (Sandrine?)
An owl instead of a rabbit?
Anonymous "decred" team posting.
No sign of Beyondtext here, hardly. (to clarify my figures are correct, not anonymous _ingsocs misinterpretation)

Hmmm.... you know me scam,
If I dont get genuine answers I tend to keep trying.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AltcoinScamfinder

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 10:49:48 PM

I am part of Decred community whether you like it or not. But being part of Decred community doesn't mean I give unconditional support...

The one thing I really dislike here is "minority exclusion", i.e. voting system 66% threshold as well as public appeals to ignore community members...

I don't like it scambo, but hey do as you wish, your a free man, lol. OK, stay alert.

I don't mind the 66% threshold in theory. It should make change easier, to foster innovation in the bitcoin space.
Of course, in practice the decred devs/c0 will be able to outvote everyone else, what they say goes.
Shame decred did not take the opportunity to address the pressing need in bitcoin, the block size! that would be more innovative/insightful.

Ok, credit if decred get the PoS pool up and running at launch. They should admit it was my due diligence (fud) that caused this turnaround.

But they were going to launch without a pool, effectively leaving "us" PoS-less.
And we know what happens when an entity controlls over 50% PoS, (which decred/c0 effectively still will, but less so) they "outvote others" to rewards.
(they effectively compound their PoS and buy tickets cheaper due to quicker rewards)

Now I don't mind ANY of this, I just want anyone with "real interest" in this to understand better.
In effect the PoS share will not be 50% decred/c0, 50% airdrop, but vastly more in favour of decred/c0 (for various reasons, some stated)
If decred explained this, fine. But they don't. (being as decred is marketed as a coin for "devs", serious players and knowledgeable people)
Being told to shut up by decreders and blanked by anonymous _ingsoc is quite familiar?

And my figures on the "$0.49" price tag allotted to repay decred/c0 in relation to a "working price" of $1.00, set by the boss Beyondtext?
Fobbed off by "the thickest one of the group" anonymous _ingsoc. (her own words not mine)

I can't get an intelligent reply to anything here. I know my lines of enquiry are uncomfortable. More so if things are being hidden I imagine.

Large Premine
Founders get 2x value of dev pre-launch input repaid. (in relation to "sustainable price" of $1.00 - Beyondtext)
Founders get 450,000(?) decred PoS on top, for no extra work "hidden bonus" (this is not dev fund money. c0 money)
Founders pre-launch input "package" ammounts to 1,300,000 decred in year 1, far more than "implied" (and continue after that)
"Dev fund" starts empty. No project development for some time until funds are accumulated?
Founders "hidden bonus" 1st yr PoS yields more decred than the Dev funds "10% of all blocks"
Launch delayed to create essential PoS pool due to my due dilegence. (but no acknowledgement to me. didn't see any other "users" complain)

Also,
No sign of Beyondtext here, hardly. (to clarify my figures are correct, not anonymous _ingsocs misinterpretation)

100% this. Decred solves nothing, and brings nothing new to the community and the 'bonus' to the devs is hilarious. Not to mention that we already know that airdrop is a terrible idea for any coin where you just arbitrarily spread 'value' to people with no involvement or effort. Airdrop is also easy as hell to fake.

FOR RENT.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:04:23 PM

Large Premine

Also,

100% this. Decred solves nothing, and brings nothing new to the community and the 'bonus' to the devs is hilarious. Not to mention that we already know that airdrop is a terrible idea for any coin where you just arbitrarily spread 'value' to people with no involvement or effort. Airdrop is also easy as hell to fake.

We value your opinion, and it has been noted. Someone will be dispatched to address your completely subjective opinion and unfounded accusation as soon as hell freezes over.

Thank you for the constructive and well put feedback.

FOR RENT.
AltcoinScamfinder

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 11:13:27 PM

Large Premine

Also,

We value your opinion, and it has been noted. Someone will be dispatched to address your completely subjective opinion and unfounded accusation as soon as hell freezes over.

I know - I saw you posting something useless and figured I might try it. It can be kinda fun. At least someone may find amusement in mine.

Always fun with people that support a coin for no reason at all except maybe make a few buck and have absolutely no way of defending bad launch design or disbursement.

FOR RENT.
Godson_Mansa

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@Mansa_Godson

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:21:16 AM

Large Premine

Also,

I know - I saw you posting something useless and figured I might try it. It can be kinda fun. At least someone may find amusement in mine.

Always fun with people that support a coin for no reason at all except maybe make a few buck and have absolutely no way of defending bad launch design or disbursement.

This coin is completely pointless and has no purpose.
we have heard you. now fuck off.
it's all fun and games cos we're bored but come launch i don't want you here. 

http://MutualCapitalCrypto.com

Bitrated user: AltcoinGodson.
jambo110
Legendary

Activity: 1311
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:25:12 AM

Took me a while to get up and running,  brushed of the cobwebs and have learnt a lot from the community, onwards and upwards.

ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 08:03:08 AM

We are interested in setting up a pool as well, is there any hashing module for this algo yet ?

Yes, here:

https://github.com/ocminer/decred-hash

You'll need to setup a getwork proxy though, preferably pushpool or something as stratum support is currently disabled in cgminer. Feel fee to contact me if you need help, its quite simple.

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 08:06:33 AM

We are interested in setting up a pool as well, is there any hashing module for this algo yet ?

Yes, here:

You'll need to setup a getwork proxy though, preferably pushpool or something as stratum support is currently disabled in cgminer. Feel fee to contact me if you need help, its quite simple.

Is your pool up for testing on the testnet?

ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 08:15:49 AM

Yes, here:

Only with getwork - which makes no sense IMHO, I'm trying to get stratum support added in cgminer and pool .. If everything fails I might launch it with getwork - still some time left, we'll see.

never

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 09:57:35 AM

Yes, here:

Only with getwork - which makes no sense IMHO, I'm trying to get stratum support added in cgminer and pool .. If everything fails I might launch it with getwork - still some time left, we'll see.

Could you share the URL on the pool if it's up? I'd like to do some testing.
Nik4691

Activity: 352

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:07:26 AM

As my friend George would say, what else?  Cheesy
https://dcr.suprnova.cc/index.php
ocminer
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2016, 11:23:37 AM

As my friend George would say, what else?  Cheesy

hehe, yup Smiley

I'm currently fiddling around with stratum, you can hash already (with getwork) and your hashrate will also be displayed (hopefully correctly) but nothing else works yet - I need to test the stuff before I push it onto the frontend, but everything will be ready on launch.

In case someone wants to play with the hashing too, here is the module: (ideal for p2pool etc.)

davien

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 11:47:54 AM

it's cool that pools and exchanges are already interested before the launch Cheesy

friendfromnobody

Activity: 593

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 12:59:24 PM

wallet online , and its sync  Smiley
brancao

Activity: 24

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 02:49:26 PM

Wow, I was reading up on btcd today and now I heard about Decred. Very interesting project!

(I was getting very frustrated having only one implementation for Bitcoin from Core / Blockstream so I was researching alternative implementations, was even thinking of rolling up my sleeves and writing an alternative implementation for Bitcoin in another language, perhaps in some more "academic" language oriented towards algebraic specification and theorem-proving such as Maude for modularity or ATS for performance. I had heard that the code for btcd was much better-organized, so that's why I was looking at btc, as a way to try to get a good example of modular code for a Bitcoin fullnode.)

And somehow while researching btcd I stumbled across Decred, which apparently has some of the same devs as btcd.

Decred sounds great! I expect that given the experience of the Decred devs with the btcd implementation, Decred could become an important cryptocurrency. I especially like the idea of "baking in" the governance into to the blockchain itself - as we are seeing that Bitcoin's governance-by-reddit-posts-and-github-ACKs is proving to be, shall we say, somewhat "dysfunctional."

I hear there was an airdrop which ended Jan 18, so I'm bummed out, did I really miss the airdrop??

I heard that up to 5,000 verified people could receive the airdrop, so far about 3,244 got verified... so please let me know if there's room for any more people to participate in the airdop, I'd love to be involved in this exciting project!

The programming languages I tend to use are functional (ML, Haskell, etc. - more in the area of theoretical computer science, algebraic specification languages, theorem proving, dependent types, etc.) although of course I can also read C++, golang, etc.

I'm located outside the US, but I studied previously in the US.

Hoping to find out any way I could get involved with Decred, and if there is any chance of the airdrop still adding some additional verified people!
DunningKruger

Activity: 32

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:07:46 PM

I hear there was an airdrop which ended Jan 18, so I'm bummed out, did I really miss the airdrop??

I heard that up to 5,000 verified people could receive the airdrop, so far about 3,244 got verified... so please let me know if there's room for any more people to participate in the airdop, I'd love to be involved in this exciting project!
in one week it will be possible to buy decred on the exchanges. i am quite sure there will be cheap decred during the first days, dumped by some newbies: that will be a huge, and unique, opportunity Wink
anderson705

Activity: 233
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 03:36:24 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2016, 03:48:23 PM by anderson705

As my friend George would say, what else?  Cheesy

hehe, yup Smiley

I'm currently fiddling around with stratum, you can hash already (with getwork) and your hashrate will also be displayed (hopefully correctly) but nothing else works yet - I need to test the stuff before I push it onto the frontend, but everything will be ready on launch.

In case someone wants to play with the hashing too, here is the module: (ideal for p2pool etc.)
wow, thank you so much ocminer, more than ready for this special coin, waiting for history to born
davien

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 06:56:05 PM

in one week it will be possible to buy decred on the exchanges. i am quite sure there will be cheap decred during the first days, dumped by some newbies: that will be a huge, and unique, opportunity Wink
I think he don't have to wait a week. Many exchanges are already interested in Decred

Videodrome

Activity: 588
Merit: 503

Free Julian Assange

View Profile
February 01, 2016, 07:15:24 PM

thanks dev for all your great work!

my testnet wallet is full operating and i have already made 5 valid vote and a couple transaction.

I'm a decred forum user so also thanks for the testnet decred coins!

the software run very well with no bug,

congrats!
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 01:16:27 AM

My pool is up and running: http://decred.multicoin.co/index.php?page=dashboard

Tested it on simnet and testnet so far with everything working great, will be ready for mainnet before launch. GetWork only but stratum is almost completed, awaiting a working cgminer-stratum to test it.

Ahmed
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: