Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:06:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Holdings of gold vs Holdings of btc  (Read 62724 times)
BountyX

Activity: 352
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:10:45 AM

Gold has 5000 years of history as a store of value, Bitcoin slightly less. So for the long term I'd still rather go for gold. Which does not mean that we shouldn't allocate a part of our savings in BTC, of course. On the contrary!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wonder_woman

Activity: 674
Merit: 101

I am hired and not own by any Team!

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:34:10 AM

I think holding of gold is better because it has physical appearance and can be used as luxurious accessory to the body and gold now is near to being rare. Unlike BTC it has to physical appearance and only can be seen in Internet which is only useful for business and gaining profit no more else. Holding gold is better for it gains value and can be used as a beautiful accessory.
Nivir

Activity: 868
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 11:42:24 AM

It is obvious that most people in the world especially the rich ones are storing gold as means of of luxury storage preservation. But it is also clear that those few people who believes on Bitcoin and its future are rewarded more. I still prefer Bitcoin over gold as right now is still pioneering stage and there is too much room for blockchain technology growth.
candra raditya
Copper Member

Activity: 455
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 16, 2018, 12:35:11 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?

I think it depends on each other's thinking. Gold is lower in risk, because the price is more stable, Unlike the bitcoin whose price is unstable and it is very risky. I think the gold holders are much more than the bitcoin holders.

(x)  BabyRottweiler             [[[ [[ [   polycat.finance   ] ]] ]]]
                      Fast, secure, irreversible and efficient value transfers                     
[★] Facebook   [★] Twitter   [★] Telegram   [★] Reddit   [★] Discord   [★]
Medium
CowboyKiller

Activity: 463
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:19:33 PM

I think holding of gold is better because it has physical appearance and can be used as luxurious accessory to the body and gold now is near to being rare. Unlike BTC it has to physical appearance and only can be seen in Internet which is only useful for business and gaining profit no more else. Holding gold is better for it gains value and can be used as a beautiful accessory.
Why do you not say about virtual gold, currency for forex, stock, gold market? You can not bring Gold to trading on worldwide because it needs you spend many money to transfer global. But while you use money to deposit in a trusted market and this market gives you virtual gold, this gold also has same value with real Gold, you can use that Gold to buy/sell anywhere, it is very comfortable. Finally, trading gold or Bitcoin on worldwide all depend on internet Cheesy.
skillink

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 06:34:15 PM

It took a long time for Bitcoin to be like the gold that many kept by people because gold has existed from a bygone era. Bitcoin is a new breakthrough, hopefully in the future Bitcoin will be known all over the world and attract many people to invest
chickenado

Activity: 1036
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 07:43:54 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2018, 04:04:53 PM by chickenado

It took a long time for Bitcoin to be like the gold that many kept by people because gold has existed from a bygone era. Bitcoin is a new breakthrough, hopefully in the future Bitcoin will be known all over the world and attract many people to invest

I think it is really better to hold bitcoin than holding a gold. As what we all have seen the price of the bitcoin it is really volatile and it can rise and fall on a very short period o time, so then we can also have many opportunities to buy and sell depending on the price status. While in gold we really need to wait for a long time or maybe a decade to gain because it's price is almost stable.
Boh manok

Activity: 328
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 09:44:15 PM

if I still prefer holding with bitcoin gan than with holding with gold because bitcoin is more expensive and faster than fortuit holding with gold that changes its price even longer although holding with bitcoin is bigger its risk but i will still hold it with bitcoin gan.

kateycoin

Activity: 882
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:11:17 PM

Does anyone have any idea how many people are using gold as a store of value vs btc?  And how long do you think until we have the same user Base as holders of gold?
Gold and bitcoin is different gold is have physical value and bitcoin is digital that always change the price base in the market,gold is valuable in many years.

███    TWITTER      MOCKTAIL      WHITEPAPER     ███
███       ANN                        FIRST SEMI-FUNGIBLE TOKEN ON BSC         SMART CONTRACT    ███
███  TELEGRAM       SWAP             PANCAKE      ███
D1n4R

Activity: 168

Honesty is the best policy

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:31:42 PM

I once invested my money in gold and until now its value is not increased it means the growth of gold is very slow, but if investing in bitcoin then investments can quickly develop and will increase the price quickly even with high risk
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:42:24 PM

Gold and bitcoin is different gold is have physical value and bitcoin is digital that always change the price base in the market,gold is valuable in many years.
Of course choosing both is a better option, we can not put all our money on one type of investment, I suggest to give maximum 50% for bitcoin because bitcoin price always fluctuate while the rest for gold that we can make future investment.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Kim Domingo

Activity: 208

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 11:53:59 PM

Maybe statisticians do know that thing about the number of bitcoin holders and gold holders. But I think it is still hard to tell how many people are the holders of these two especially on the part of Bitcoin because as time passes by, Bitcoin user's population do rise in numbers. Also, we can never tell that a certain people might be holding both gold and Bitcoin at the same time. Still no exact information on when will there be an exact number of Bitcoin and gold holders.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Agamemnus

Activity: 267

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:24:03 AM

Warren Buffet isn't positive about both, he's right about gold though, it's value might be a safe haven from inflation, it's still nothing compared to stocks. And in the far future, when bitcoin is over $1 million each, it won't rise as much as it will now, by then stocks will be a much better choice.

Right now we're in the early stages of BTC though and it's still much better than stocks and far bettre than gold.

Konthol Ngaceng

Activity: 646
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 12:51:48 AM

I think the second holding is a good and profitable thing, I'm sure that the future of bitcoin will continue to improve even though the current price is lower than the previous two months, but with increasing users it will soon make the price skyrocket.
RedzoneASE

Activity: 350

TRONscratch.com

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:27:29 AM

Base on the stability I will strongly choose gold to hold. The risk in investing gold is lower than investing btc in a high volatile market. However the advantage of btc is its fast rising price.

yurenchuang7125

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:53:08 AM

Since the beginning of bitcoin, it has been compared to gold, but gold has not performed as well as bitcoin.

Whether bitcoin has intrinsic value is debatable. As for the ability to store other values, it is far from clear, perhaps 10 years from now.
okwang231

Activity: 210
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:18:57 AM

for me it is just as they have the same value bitcoin or gold yet we choose the gold gain as long as its value increases as bitcoin is dependent on investors when it increases only the advantage of these two if I choose the two I will both choose because they are the same in the world.

>        MFCHAIN        <
MERCHANT PAYMENTS + REWARD SYSTEM SMART CONTRACT PLATFORM
<MFCHAIN.COM> <WHITEPAPER>                        <TELEGRAM> <YOUTUBE>
Markpet01

Activity: 124

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:19:08 AM

I think is equal because the price of gold is not like the price of the bitcoin but the gold didn't goes roller coaster it getting higher and higher while bitcoin its up and down.
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:59:07 AM

I think the second holding is a good and profitable thing, I'm sure that the future of bitcoin will continue to improve even though the current price is lower than the previous two months, but with increasing users it will soon make the price skyrocket.

Literally both are very good investment for long term but we can make more profit through Bitcoin because still, Bitcoin is adopted by people like gold. Once they starts adopting we can see the price of Bitcoin will skyrocket.

goldcoinminer

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 05:43:13 AM

Literally both are very good investment for long term but we can make more profit through Bitcoin because still, Bitcoin is adopted by people like gold. Once they starts adopting we can see the price of Bitcoin will skyrocket.
Bitcoin is still at its younger stage so there is a big potential that the return is higher compared to gold.
We should also be a risk takers in order to do it and we will be able to hold bitcoin for a longer period of time, it's a challenge because it's high risk investment.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: