Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:14:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] Asset Exchange Marketplace + Rewritable Options Trading  (Read 129168 times)
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

Below is a link to a weexchange.co claim portal.
https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/

I can't log on to the above, not sure why. No error message, the screen just refreshes. My credentials work fine on the main WeEx website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WeexUser

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 04:48:20 PM

Below is a link to a weexchange.co claim portal.
https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/

I can't log on to the above, not sure why. No error message, the screen just refreshes. My credentials work fine on the main WeEx website.
hmm.. Just checked and I can log in without problems.

A user reported that there was an issue on the claim portal with some passwords. Probably the use of some special characters or just very long passwords.
Try changing your password to a simpler one and try again. (it shouldn't be a security issue if you have 2-factor)

Edit: You can also try deleting your cookies.
suryc

Activity: 298
Merit: 250

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
March 22, 2014, 07:01:28 PM

I still have a balance of btc on the bitfunder site. Am I SOL?

I know the site is pretty much shut down and I've been trying to withdraw my remaining .35btc for weeks now without getting anywhere.

The instructions say to withdraw it through weexchange, but that doesn't work. Does anybody know what I need to do?

If anybody can be definitively helpful to me, they can have 10% of what I recover.

Go to this address https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/

Log In using your weexchange credentials and you can claim a portion of your balance and should be able to claim the rest at some point in the future.

You can see Ukyo's (the owner of BF/WeX) last posts here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35121;sa=showPosts

My BTC address is

1MWPSLU5QW5YnwztWxGgspzTMPxiAv8k3A

I actually had no balance on weexchange. It is totally stuck in bitfunder.  I have PM'ed Ukyo as suggested to try to get the btc transferred to the claim portal.

If and when any btc is recovered you will gladly get 10% of whatever portion is recovered as soon as I get it.

Thanks for your help.

Has anybody heard anything new about this? I still have not gotten a response from Ukyo...

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:56:12 PM

Is there a way to download the history as csv-file? I only see the list on bitfunder but no way to download it. I dont want to make this manually.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
glendall
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1018

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 11:31:22 PM

I still have a balance of btc on the bitfunder site. Am I SOL?

I know the site is pretty much shut down and I've been trying to withdraw my remaining .35btc for weeks now without getting anywhere.

The instructions say to withdraw it through weexchange, but that doesn't work. Does anybody know what I need to do?

If anybody can be definitively helpful to me, they can have 10% of what I recover.

Go to this address https://weexclaims.weexchange.co/

Log In using your weexchange credentials and you can claim a portion of your balance and should be able to claim the rest at some point in the future.

You can see Ukyo's (the owner of BF/WeX) last posts here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=35121;sa=showPosts

My BTC address is

1MWPSLU5QW5YnwztWxGgspzTMPxiAv8k3A

I actually had no balance on weexchange. It is totally stuck in bitfunder.  I have PM'ed Ukyo as suggested to try to get the btc transferred to the claim portal.

If and when any btc is recovered you will gladly get 10% of whatever portion is recovered as soon as I get it.

Thanks for your help.

Has anybody heard anything new about this? I still have not gotten a response from Ukyo...

No, no news. This is about the 5th or 6th thread on how Ukyo owes the community over 5000 btc.  Don't expect to ever get your money back. I'm surprised you haven't seen one of the other many threads about this.  Ukyo took everyones BTC deposits and defaulted on a massive BTC loan for "reasons" and he can't talk about it "for legal reasons" and he "expects progress" for about the last 4 months.

What is most likely happened, as far as the facts of the matter show, is that he was treating your money as his own personal investment fund, gambled with it and lost and has now run off hiding. He hasn't said a single thing beyond my quotes given as to what actually happened. The chances of him paying back the 1000's of bitcoins are really slight, and even more slight now that the guy who was supposedly going to help him out of the situation, Danny of Neo-Bee has run off with a bunch of other people's money. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, I lost money to this thieving scum of a person as well.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
shitfanleaks

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 11:27:20 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2015, 12:13:31 PM by shitfanleaks

We do not forget. We do not forgive.
Eat shit Jon Montroll! Criminal and fraudster!
Namworld

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 05:58:02 AM

I just noticed that while the scam accusation thread was updated, this main thread wasn't. In case anyone is not subscribed to the other thread(s), the SEC got Jon:
https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2018/comp-pr2018-23.pdf
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 04:43:18 AM

BitFunder Operator 'Close to' Plea Bargain in SEC Fraud Case - https://www.coindesk.com/bitfunder-operator-close-to-plea-bargain-in-sec-fraud-case/
The operator of defunct bitcoin investment platform BitFunder, Jon Montroll, is reportedly seeking a plea bargain over fraud and other charges laid against him by the U.S. Securities Exchange Commission (SEC).

FinanceFeeds indicated Thursday that, according to a document submitted by Montroll's legal counsel, "a plea agreement agreed upon in principle and expected to be finalized and entered by July 23" has accelerated efforts to reach a final court resolution.

Back in February, Montroll was hit with a number of charges for operating what the SEC said was an "unregistered securities exchange" and allegedly using the platform to defraud users of their cryptocurrency.

Separately, Montroll is accused of perjury and obstruction of justice over his failure to report a hack of his second business, WeExchange, in 2013. The breach ultimately saw roughly 6,000 bitcoins stolen – now worth some $68.7 million. The accused reportedly transferred some of his own cryptocurrency holdings to the exchange in an attempt to conceal the losses.

According to the New York Attorneys Office, William F. Sweeney Jr., FBI assistant director-in-charge, commented:

"As alleged, Montroll committed a serious crime when he lied to the SEC during sworn testimony.  In an attempt to cover up the results of a hack that exploited weaknesses in the programming code of his company, he allegedly went to great lengths to prove the balance of bitcoins available to BitFunder users in the WeExchange Wallet was sufficient to cover the money owed to investors. It's said that honesty is always the best policy – this is yet another case in which this virtue holds true."

With the anticipated plea deal set to be finalized next week, negotiations between Montroll and the SEC are expected to reach a conclusion in the next three months, if not earlier.

Jon Montroll, Bitfunder say they are close to plea agreement with US authorities - https://financefeeds.com/jon-montroll-bitfunder-say-close-plea-agreement-us-authorities/
As a result of the anticipated plea in the criminal case, negotiations with the SEC to resolve the civil case have accelerated, the defendants in a Bitcoin fraud case say.

There is an update on the US authorities’ action against Jon E. Montroll and Bitfunder, accused of operating an unregistered securities exchange and defrauding users of that exchange.

On July 18, 2018, counsel for Montroll and Bitfunder submitted a status report with the New York Southern District Court. The document, seen by FinanceFeeds, states that “the defendants’ efforts to resolve the criminal case related to this proceeding, United States v. Montroll, 18 Mag. 1372, have culminated in a plea agreement agreed upon in principle and expected to be finalized and entered by July 23”. Put otherwise, the plea is expected early next week.

As a result of the anticipated plea in the criminal case, negotiations with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to resolve the civil case have accelerated, the counsel for the defendants says. Montroll and Bitfunder currently expect to resolve the civil case by agreement as well. The parties expect it will take 2-3 months to achieve a final resolution by agreement.

Let’s recall that in February this year, the SEC charged Bitfunder, a former Bitcoin-denominated platform, and its founder – Jon Montroll, with operating an unregistered securities exchange and defrauding users of that exchange. The SEC also charged the operator with making false and misleading statements in connection with an unregistered offering of securities.

In its complaint, the SEC alleges that BitFunder was an unregistered online securities exchange and that Montroll defrauded exchange users by misappropriating their bitcoins and failing to disclose a cyberattack on BitFunder’s system that resulted in the theft of more than 6,000 bitcoins.The SEC also alleges that Montroll sold unregistered securities that purported to be investments in the exchange and misappropriated funds from that investment as well.

The SEC’s complaint charges BitFunder and Montroll with violations of the anti-fraud and registration provisions of the federal securities laws. The complaint seeks permanent injunctions and disgorgement plus interest and penalties.

In a parallel criminal case, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York filed a complaint against Montroll for perjury and obstruction of justice during the SEC’s investigation.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65]
  Print  

Jump to: